Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,288 members, 7,920,075 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 07:02 PM

Is It Right? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Right? (2204 Views)

Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? / Housemaid Serving The Husband: Is It Right Or Wrong? / She Beat Up Her Son For Writing This On A Book. Is It Right(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Sep 18, 2014
Tymax: Hmmm. Someone in your family, or maybe one of your friends has to introduce the mummy thing to him. It'll be weird for you tell him: "Junior, call me mummy." undecided

Just saying... I'm really impressed cos you're so open-minded about this. smiley
Thank u my in law
Re: Is It Right? by CapitalK(f): 3:04pm On Sep 18, 2014
rozzay: I mostly frequent d romance section, nd since am a mother of an 11 year old son, I think its only right for me to also be on d family section too. So here's my problem, tho am not married but I have a kid who is 11 nd he calls me by my name nd some people r like its wrong its wrong, but I don't rily know, how its goin to affect me or if it will, pls can I hear honest opinions

This is really no one's fault. A number of children grow up to call their mothers what people in the environment call them. I have a cousin who used to call his mum aunty T. This is because me and other cousins were frequently in their house and used to call her aunty T. And he is the first born. There was no older sibling calling her mummy. His mum wasn't really bothered. I talked to him about it and he started adjusting by calling her mummy aunty T...funny abi. He was 5-6 years old then.

I also know of someone who calls his mum aunty till today. This is because he grew up with his grandmum and uncles. People used to call her aunty so that's what he picked up from childhood. He calls his mum aunty and his grandmum mummy (because she was mummy to his uncles). He is also his mum's first born. Three of them are extremely close. His mother and grandmum are paramount to him.

A friend of mine shuffles between calling her mum mummy and her first name. She calls her mum pet names and her first name more than mummy. She is the only child and her dad travels a lot. It's usually her and her mum so you'ld even think that they are sisters. They are also best friends. She can talk to her mum about anything.

Tradition aside, does your child respect you? And is your child your friend? You see children that call their mothers mummy but can slap their mothers anywhere. They can beat them anywhere, anyday, anytime. I always believe that we should cultivate character and personality than spending all our time wondering about what other people think about us and our families. And from all indication you even prefer him calling you by your first name.

All these said, explain to him though why he should be calling you mummy at least once in a while etc. I still believe that respect and character are paramount.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right? by CapitalK(f): 3:12pm On Sep 18, 2014
And please don't flog him for any reason o @rozay.

He is not doing anything wrong... From what I read, in your environment people call you by your name and you call your mum mummy. That's why he was calling your mum mummy at some point.

Just talk to him. Children these days are wiser than you think. To help him after sometime, you can say that if he calls you by 'rozay', you won't answer till he calls you mummy.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right? by Nobody: 3:35pm On Sep 18, 2014
CapitalK: And please don't flog him for any reason o @rozay.

He is not doing anything wrong... From what I read, in your environment people call you by your name and you call your mum mummy. That's why he was calling your mum mummy at some point.

Just talk to him. Children these days are wiser than you think. To help him after sometime, you can say that if he calls you by 'rozay', you won't answer till he calls you mummy.
Thank u so much dear, I don't even flog him, I hate flogging. Ill take ur advise. Thank u much

1 Like

Re: Is It Right? by thorpido(m): 3:39pm On Sep 18, 2014
rozzay:
Thanks dear, some do but its not working
You didn't start early but it's not too late.
Re: Is It Right? by englishmart(m): 5:08pm On Sep 18, 2014
rozzay:
Thank u dear, yep am just like his elder sis cos am in my mid 20s, nd @ first he called my mother mum, but he actually knows am his mum cos I play my modaly roles nd in sch I go dere wen his parents r called so dey all know, but I just tot abt it since am old enof to be married if he calls me my name in front of my hubby will he like it.
if your hubby loves you, he would understand. Just let him sort that one.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right? by Nobody: 5:12pm On Sep 18, 2014
englishmart: if your hubby loves you, he would understand. Just let him sort that one.
Ok dear

1 Like

Re: Is It Right? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Sep 22, 2014
which kain mummy? you are one ayounge oooo. he should call you aunty abeg. hehehehe... e no mean say e no know who born an na. grin
Re: Is It Right? by dytbabe: 2:13pm On Sep 22, 2014
rozzay: am a mother of an 11 year old son,

wow
wow
Re: Is It Right? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Sep 22, 2014
dytbabe:

wow
wow
Wat is it dear
Re: Is It Right? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Sep 22, 2014
shoefreak: which kain mummy? you are one ayounge oooo. he should call you aunty abeg. hehehehe... e no mean say e no know who born an na. grin
Hehehehehe thanks babe, make e no be say I don old. Lol
Re: Is It Right? by dytbabe: 2:27pm On Sep 22, 2014
rozzay:
Wat is it dear

u wowed me
grin grin
Re: Is It Right? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Sep 22, 2014
dytbabe:

u wowed me
grin grin
Lol thanks dear
Re: Is It Right? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Sep 22, 2014
rozzay:
Hehehehehe thanks babe, make e no be say I don old. Lol

abi.... angry grin you still dey town dey runz things. market still boku for your shop fa.
Re: Is It Right? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Sep 22, 2014
shoefreak:

abi.... angry grin you still dey town dey runz things. market still boku for your shop fa.
Abeg talk am small small make nland male guys no begin pursue me. Lolz thanks sweets
Re: Is It Right? by kreamidiva(f): 4:10pm On Sep 22, 2014
So what's the latest?

Any development?
Re: Is It Right? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Sep 22, 2014
@op is not hard to correct him yourself sit him down and tell him you want him to stop calling you your name tell him to call you mummy at least his not a kid anymore he will understand you.you are his mom and don't forget to explain why he need to be calling you mummy because he will be surprise why you want mummy suddenly and not your name anymore
Re: Is It Right? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Sep 22, 2014
prettythicksme: @op is not hard to correct him yourself sit him down and tell him you want him to stop calling you your name tell him to call you mummy at least his not a kid anymore he will understand you.you are his mom and don't forget to explain why he need to be calling you mummy because he will be surprise why you want mummy suddenly and not your name anymore
Thank u dear @ kreamidiva small small sha but e dey mistake but hopefully wen I marry it'll change. Thanks love
Re: Is It Right? by freecocoa(f): 5:15pm On Sep 22, 2014
OP, don't feel like you'll look old cos he calls you 'mummy'.

My single mom friend is 24 and she glows when her daughter calls her 'mama', it doesn't make her older than 24.

I actually believe you'll get to love it if he starts calling you mummy.
Re: Is It Right? by kreamidiva(f): 7:33pm On Sep 22, 2014
rozzay:
Thank u dear @ kreamidiva small small sha but e dey mistake but hopefully wen I marry it'll change. Thanks love

There's no rush. One step at a time.

Goodluck
Re: Is It Right? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Sep 22, 2014
kreamidiva:

There's no rush. One step at a time.

Goodluck

Thank you
Re: Is It Right? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Sep 22, 2014
freecocoa: OP, don't feel like you'll look old cos he calls you 'mummy'.

My single mom friend is 24 and she glows when her daughter calls her 'mama', it doesn't make her older than 24.

I actually believe you'll get to love it if he starts calling you mummy.
I hope so. Thanks dear
Re: Is It Right? by peggykorol(f): 9:01pm On Sep 22, 2014
Rozay and Letsdothis
rozzay:
I know mummy sounds nice, but I think it'll make me luk or sound old, lolz so I kind of prefer my name but wen he does dat in public people r like abomination!
Re: Is It Right? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Oct 30, 2014
rozzay:
I mostly frequent d romance section, nd since am a mother of an 11 year old son, I think its only right for me to also be on d family section too. So here's my problem, tho am not married but I have a kid who is 11 nd he calls me by my name nd some people r like its wrong its wrong, but I don't rily know, how its goin to affect me or if it will, pls can I hear honest opinions
wow,if ur son is 11yrs and u are in ur 20s then which age do u gave birth to ur son....no vex

(1) (2) (Reply)

Little Girl Messes Up Her Birthday Cake in Anger. / Used Split Unit Air-conditioners For Sale. N27,500 / When Your Wife Is Your Worst Enemy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.