Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,485 members, 7,920,834 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 01:16 PM

Ever Heard Of A Wedding Where The Joining Of The Couple Was Objected? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ever Heard Of A Wedding Where The Joining Of The Couple Was Objected? (1756 Views)

Video Of The Couple Having Sex At OAU Gate / Facebook? The Couple? The Boss? / The Greatest Lie You Have Ever Heard From A Partner? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ever Heard Of A Wedding Where The Joining Of The Couple Was Objected? by Omimah: 3:06pm On Sep 18, 2014
One of the things in a wedding ceremony, if not the most important, a pastors asks the congregation is if any one of them objects the joining of the couple. Such a person is asked to speak or forever remain silent. I've never witnessed or heard of the joining of a couple being objected, maybe because I hardly attend wedding ceremonies. If you've, shard it.
Re: Ever Heard Of A Wedding Where The Joining Of The Couple Was Objected? by MizMyColi(f): 3:17pm On Sep 18, 2014
coolNollywood
Re: Ever Heard Of A Wedding Where The Joining Of The Couple Was Objected? by amiskurie(m): 3:28pm On Sep 18, 2014
Only in nollywood

Following!
Re: Ever Heard Of A Wedding Where The Joining Of The Couple Was Objected? by amiskurie(m): 3:30pm On Sep 18, 2014
Omimah: One of the things in a wedding ceremony, if not the most important, a pastors asks the congregation is if any one of them objects the joining of the couple. Such a person is asked to speak or forever remain silent. I've never witnessed or heard of the joining of a couple being objected, maybe because I hardly attend wedding ceremonies. If you've, shard it.
I could sense your fear.

Karma!

2 Likes

Re: Ever Heard Of A Wedding Where The Joining Of The Couple Was Objected? by echobee(f): 3:38pm On Sep 18, 2014
amiskurie:
I could sense your fear.

Karma!
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ever Heard Of A Wedding Where The Joining Of The Couple Was Objected? by Omimah: 3:43pm On Sep 18, 2014
amiskurie:
I could sense your fear.

Karma!
I have no fear because if I have my way I won't even do a church wedding. After I leave the registry I head toward the venue of my reception, a small conference room in a hotel, with nothing more than 20 guests.

1 Like

Re: Ever Heard Of A Wedding Where The Joining Of The Couple Was Objected? by Melahou(m): 3:51pm On Sep 18, 2014
Omimah: One of the things in a wedding ceremony, if not the most important, a pastors asks the congregation is if any one of them objects the joining of the couple. Such a person is asked to speak or forever remain silent. I've never witnessed or heard of the joining of a couple being objected, maybe because I hardly attend wedding ceremonies. If you've, shard it.

i hope you have nothing to hide
Re: Ever Heard Of A Wedding Where The Joining Of The Couple Was Objected? by Geniero: 3:59pm On Sep 18, 2014
Here is a deviation from your post OP...Sometime in dec 2012,I was a guest at a wedding reception somewere in Edo state and a fight broke up between the groom and bride's relatives..I knw understand wetin happen sef...funny thing is.. the groom joined this fight and after about 30 mins of serious intervention from us (guest)..the groom and his families entered their cars and drove off leaving the poor bride crying...we beg am tire she no gree listen...na so me and my padi sef waka comot... my padi (peacemaker) new native attire sef follow tear for the matter... grin

2 Likes

Re: Ever Heard Of A Wedding Where The Joining Of The Couple Was Objected? by Tallesty1(m): 3:59pm On Sep 18, 2014
Yes!
Re: Ever Heard Of A Wedding Where The Joining Of The Couple Was Objected? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Sep 18, 2014

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ever Heard Of A Wedding Where The Joining Of The Couple Was Objected? by lawrenceunaa: 4:04pm On Sep 18, 2014
it doesn't happen anymore , some pastors are paid to omit that part shocked

Yet the members wouldn't notice L cheesy L
Re: Ever Heard Of A Wedding Where The Joining Of The Couple Was Objected? by Omimah: 4:05pm On Sep 18, 2014
Melahou:

i hope you have nothing to hide
I'm clean.
Re: Ever Heard Of A Wedding Where The Joining Of The Couple Was Objected? by Omimah: 4:07pm On Sep 18, 2014
Tallesty1: Yes!
Share it.
Re: Ever Heard Of A Wedding Where The Joining Of The Couple Was Objected? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Sep 18, 2014
lawrenceunaa: it doesn't happen anymore , some pastors are paid to omit that part shocked

Yet the members wouldn't notice L cheesy L

Paid you say? Then both partners (or one) must be hiding something. Really funny that someone would deliberately show up to break a wedding.
Re: Ever Heard Of A Wedding Where The Joining Of The Couple Was Objected? by Tymax(m): 4:11pm On Sep 18, 2014
So no one has seen this happen. grin well, that's good grin
Re: Ever Heard Of A Wedding Where The Joining Of The Couple Was Objected? by Omimah: 4:22pm On Sep 18, 2014
Shikaamaru:

Paid you say? Then both partners (or one) must be hiding something. Really funny that someone would deliberately show up to break a wedding.
There are ground for someone to stop a couple from being joined. What do you expect a girl that was told by a guy that if she could, say, disvirgin her would marry her? But the guy turns round to marry someone else.
Re: Ever Heard Of A Wedding Where The Joining Of The Couple Was Objected? by Agybabe(f): 4:41pm On Sep 18, 2014
Omimah:
I have no fear because if I have my way I won't even do a church wedding. After I leave the registry I head toward the venue of my reception, a small conference room in a hotel, with nothing more than 20 guests.
Creepy! I put it to you...FEAR! An ex maybe. Lol tongue
Re: Ever Heard Of A Wedding Where The Joining Of The Couple Was Objected? by Omimah: 4:54pm On Sep 18, 2014
Agybabe:
Creepy! I put it to you...FEAR! An ex maybe. Lol tongue
I don't have any.
Re: Ever Heard Of A Wedding Where The Joining Of The Couple Was Objected? by ideee03(f): 4:59pm On Sep 18, 2014
So he left his bride? Some babes go say thank God we were already joined before he left. Such disgrace
Geniero: Here is a deviation from your post OP...Sometime in dec 2012,I was a guest at a wedding reception somewere in Edo state and a fight broke up between the groom and bride's relatives..I knw understand wetin happen sef...funny thing is.. the groom joined this fight and after about 30 mins of serious intervention from us (guest)..the groom and his families entered their cars and drove off leaving the poor bride crying...we beg am tire she no gree listen...na so me and my padi sef waka comot... my padi (peacemaker) new native attire sef follow tear for the matter... grin

1 Like

Re: Ever Heard Of A Wedding Where The Joining Of The Couple Was Objected? by pamcode(m): 5:37pm On Sep 18, 2014
i heard of one o i was told by one i wuz told by my pastor during sermon
Re: Ever Heard Of A Wedding Where The Joining Of The Couple Was Objected? by bishopjoe02(m): 5:55pm On Sep 18, 2014
it is nt alliow n any church. if u Hv anytin against d wedding d church expect u to come days before d wedding. that's d reason churches come out d groom and d bride weeks before their wedding. no minister will allow u to disgrace a couple at d altar
Re: Ever Heard Of A Wedding Where The Joining Of The Couple Was Objected? by Agybabe(f): 7:02pm On Sep 18, 2014
Omimah:
I don't have any.
Stories for the gods! Well, you're lucky I'm one.

Tell me, you're a teenager?
Re: Ever Heard Of A Wedding Where The Joining Of The Couple Was Objected? by poshest(f): 7:33pm On Sep 18, 2014
except the case of Solomon akiyesi the nollywood actor that his wedding was disrupted in Lagos by his wife. but I wasn't present there o
Re: Ever Heard Of A Wedding Where The Joining Of The Couple Was Objected? by udemzyudex(m): 7:49pm On Sep 18, 2014
softsparkyy: I heard from someone that heard from someone.
You be confirm amebo grin

2 Likes

Re: Ever Heard Of A Wedding Where The Joining Of The Couple Was Objected? by TabletMan: 8:38pm On Sep 18, 2014
As a small altarboy I witnessed some sha.

Every saturday, after our morning routine of washing the sacred vessels and cleaning the sacred linens.

Some of us in junior category will rush home prepare and come back to the parish so as to serve a wedding mass because they use to pay us after serving.

Then one bright saturday, while at wedding mass during the time the priest will announce if anybody has something against the couples, one troublesome lady emerge from the congregation and started shouting that the groom is a criminal, that the two of them suppose marry but he(the groom) duped her and ran away with her 1million, some guys (the groom's frnd I suspect) wanna calm the lady down but unknowingly to them , the lady came with bunch of goons, the Rev.fr officiating the mass call off the wedding with immediate alacrity.

#2 witness

Nobody call of the wedding but the bride slumped and die when its time to put the ring on her finger.
The bride was a sister to our fellow altar night member.
She died because the groom who suppose to marry another lady disappointed that lady on the wedding day and ran away, then the lady cursed him that henceforth, any girl he wants to marry will die on the wedding day. The bride and her family are aware of the news but as usual, they said ITS NOTHING.
Re: Ever Heard Of A Wedding Where The Joining Of The Couple Was Objected? by adadioranmah(f): 8:39pm On Sep 18, 2014
I did not just hear but i saw.... The Bishop was about joining the couple when a woman objected, saying that the man was the father of her son... This was happening during a Mass wedding. The whole church wan scatter.. After consultation, the Bishop wedded the couple based on the fact that the man wasn't legitimately married to the woman and that the woman didn't come forward when the banns were being read prior to the wedding...
Na so church wardens carry her comot. By then the bride eyes don red.
Re: Ever Heard Of A Wedding Where The Joining Of The Couple Was Objected? by Missmossy(f): 8:54pm On Sep 18, 2014
Observing cool
Re: Ever Heard Of A Wedding Where The Joining Of The Couple Was Objected? by SMALLPENIS(f): 8:57pm On Sep 18, 2014
I was here.
Re: Ever Heard Of A Wedding Where The Joining Of The Couple Was Objected? by tobiboss(m): 9:02pm On Sep 18, 2014
adadioranmah: I did not just hear but i saw.... The Bishop was about joining the couple when a woman objected, saying that the man was the father of her son... This was happening during a Mass wedding. The whole church wan scatter.. After consultation, the Bishop wedded the couple based on the fact that the man wasn't legitimately married to the woman and that the woman didn't come forward when the banns were being read prior to the wedding...
Na so church wardens carry her comot. By then the bride eyes don red.
i'v heard of dis one too
Re: Ever Heard Of A Wedding Where The Joining Of The Couple Was Objected? by passionate88: 10:28pm On Sep 18, 2014
bishopjoe02: it is nt alliow n any church. if u Hv anytin against d wedding d church expect u to come days before d wedding. that's d reason churches come out d groom and d bride weeks before their wedding. no minister will allow u to disgrace a couple at d altar
What about if the person doesn't attend the same church?. He/she might want to object to the wedding during the ceremony
Re: Ever Heard Of A Wedding Where The Joining Of The Couple Was Objected? by passionate88: 10:29pm On Sep 18, 2014
Agybabe:
Stories for the gods! Well, you're lucky I'm one.

Tell me, you're a teenager?
Why is it so hard for you girls to believe that not all guys have had any gf in their lives?.
Re: Ever Heard Of A Wedding Where The Joining Of The Couple Was Objected? by Agybabe(f): 10:34pm On Sep 18, 2014
passionate88: Why is it so hard for you girls to believe that not all guys have had any gf in their lives?.
Because Thomas' was my elder brother.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Are Some Girls This Selfish? My Story! / Help Me Save My Son / Help:how Do I Deal With A Lady That Isnot Romantic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.