Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,913 members, 7,931,164 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 05:52 PM

He Beat Me. Should I Forgive Him And Stay - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / He Beat Me. Should I Forgive Him And Stay (6119 Views)

My Boyfriend Hit Me...should I Forgive Him? / See The Way My Boyfriend Beat Me! What Should I Do? (pic) / Should I Forgive Him And Continue Dating Him, Or Should I Just Let Him Go? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Beat Me. Should I Forgive Him And Stay by Ishilove: 9:40pm On Sep 18, 2014
kaboninc:

Ok...I've actually 'touched' again and not 'beat'.
From touching e go graduate to beating angry
Re: He Beat Me. Should I Forgive Him And Stay by kaboninc(m): 9:50pm On Sep 18, 2014
Ishilove:
From touching e go graduate to beating angry

Those who know me know am a cool guy. cool

For me, the lady will actually decide if they want to be 'touched' or not. See this beating of a thing, no sane man would ever encourage that but your wife can actually bring out the beast in you. I'll pray for a really understanding wife who can effectively communicate.

I've been keeping this for a while pending when I see the poster respond to some comments and questions raised here. To the poster: if you've actually dated this guy for 4 good years and in your second year, he did beat you, why then after 2 years you're beginning to consider whether you should marry him or not? Even after he threatens you?

1 Like

Re: He Beat Me. Should I Forgive Him And Stay by Ishilove: 9:54pm On Sep 18, 2014
kaboninc:

Those who know me know am a cool guy. cool

For me, the lady will actually decide if they want to be 'touched' or not. See this beating of a thing, no sane man would ever encourage that but your wife can actually bring out the beast in you. I'll pray for a really understanding wife who can effectively communicate.

I've been keeping this for a while pending when I see the poster respond to some comments and questions raised here. To the poster: if you've actually dated this guy for 4 good years and in your second year, he did beat you, why then after 2 years you're beginning to consider whether you should marry him or not? Even after he threatens you?
Guy forget, you're a woman basher in the making. Just pray make you no settle down with someone like me. If you do, you will know that Jesus is the son of God grin
Re: He Beat Me. Should I Forgive Him And Stay by kaboninc(m): 10:01pm On Sep 18, 2014
Ishilove:
Guy forget, you're a woman basher in the making. Just pray make you no settle down with someone like me. If you do, you will know that Jesus is the son of God grin

Hehe.
Am seriously not that kinda guy. My girlfriend on Nairaland can testify to that. If I settle down with you, nothing will change. But if you want to see the beast in me, well I'll have no choice than to show you. And this is not Beauty and the Beast or Shrek & Fiona kinda love. If you do anyhow, you'll see anyhow!!!!!! grin
Re: He Beat Me. Should I Forgive Him And Stay by Ishilove: 10:26pm On Sep 18, 2014
kaboninc:

Hehe.
Am seriously not that kinda guy. My girlfriend on Nairaland can testify to that. If I settle down with you, nothing will change. But if you want to see the beast in me, well I'll have no choice than to show you. And this is not Beauty and the Beast or Shrek & Fiona kinda love. If you do anyhow, you'll see anyhow!!!!!! grin
Ok o. Sha stop 'touching' people's children o
Re: He Beat Me. Should I Forgive Him And Stay by JayKayMaybachz(m): 11:00pm On Sep 18, 2014
Ishilove:
Nonsense!!

While I agree that some women get bad mouth wella, in most cases women bashing is deeply psychological. My next door neighbour, a dashing, chocolate skinned hunk is a notorious woman beater. He became enemies with my mum because she took it upon herself to clean the bloody wounds on his baby mama after another round of beating. This lady was about 7mths pregnant then, but it didn't deter the man from going all Vitali Klitschko on her pregnant azzz, using everything he could lay his hands on to batter her until the woman ran out of the compound and into Mum's hands. Mum cleaned the bloody wounds and advised her to go back to her parents until she put to bed and they resolved their differences. Heck, the man has not even paid her brideprice!! This man was even bringing girls and sleeping with them in the same house. When the lady protests...Pow! Here's a dazzling uppercut for your nagging asss, you biatch!! Smh

The man stopped greeting my mum till date, and as for me, I always make it a point of duty to give him The Evil Eye whenever we run into each other on the street, and a mental middle finger for good measure. Only this morning, we heard the man raking over the phone that the lady should "come and collect your daughter" because "I want to lock the door". The lady had gone to work and left the baby with their little maid. Now Mr Hunk was going out and he didn't want to leave the maid and the baby at home, so he told the lady that he was giving her ten minutes to come take the baby. When the ten minutes was up, he pushed the maid and the baby out and locked the door to the apartment. What a vile creature angry

Why this long story? Wife beaters can only change through God's divine intervention. This man had been the perfect gentleman when he had been wooing this lady, but once she moved in and took in, the inner modafucker revealed itself in all it's Tyson glory.

From the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks, and since Fiance keeps promising to beat up your argumentative asss, believe me, dear Isobel, he is going to fulfil that promise one day. And from there,it will become a habit difficult to break. However, before you quit the upcoming nuptials, look inwards deeply and pray over it. Do what your spirit, under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, tells you, and not what people tell you. Who knows, Fiance might just be different. wink
Abeg where yhu from geh power take type all this? abehg no vex.... E be like sey yhu do copy and paste......
Re: He Beat Me. Should I Forgive Him And Stay by Ishilove: 11:29pm On Sep 18, 2014
JayKayMaybachz: Abeg where yhu from geh power take type all this? abehg no vex.... E be like sey yhu do copy and paste......
undecided
Re: He Beat Me. Should I Forgive Him And Stay by jidowu84: 11:32pm On Sep 18, 2014
isobel: I've been dating my fiancé for four years and we recently got engaged. In the second year of our relationship we had an argument and he beat me. I forgave him and he never laid his hands on me since then. However, he threatend to beat me a couple of times when we had heated argument but never did. Apart from this, he is like an angel. very attentive and caring. My dilemma now is that a couple of people have told me 'if a Man ever lays a hand on a woman she should not marry him because he will eventually turn out to be violent and a wife beater after the marriage'. I've developed cold feet since then and I'm beginning to have second thought about the marriage. Should I marry him or not?
What What did you do to warrant d beating.? Cos even if some ladies date A saint their character will turn him to monster. This story kinda one-sided. No man on planet earth will just wake up n think beating is what his damsel deserve. There must be something that push that nice guy to do dat n u ar d only one to stop it. Who told u beating u will stop even if u opt for another man ? So sit down n search ursef what n what do I do dat guy don't like n change for better, get close to experience n successful married women n go ahead with ur wedding. Don't expect good n peaceful home on a platter of bronze let alone gold. So you can work it out . There is a reason God why you are there. Beware of d spirit of failure at the edge of breakthrough. Nothing good comes easily. Enjoy your marriage.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Beat Me. Should I Forgive Him And Stay by sevule(m): 12:27am On Sep 19, 2014
jidowu84:
What What did you do to warrant d beating.? Cos even if some ladies date A saint their character will turn him to monster. This story kinda one-sided. No man on planet earth will just wake up n think beating is what his damsel deserve. There must be something that push that nice guy to do dat n u ar d only one to stop it. Who told u beating u will stop even if u opt for another man ? So sit down n search ursef what n what do I do dat guy don't like n change for better, get close to experience n successful married women n go ahead with ur wedding. Don't expect good n peaceful home on a platter of bronze let alone gold. So you can work it out . There is a reason God why you are there. Beware of d spirit of failure at the edge of breakthrough. Nothing good comes easily. Enjoy your marriage.

I think I can reasonably say from your post that you are most probably a wife beater. Did you actually read what you posted? So every time a woman is physically abused she must have done something to deserve it? angry Pray tell, what should women do when men offend them? Cut off their private parts? angry angry angry angry

A man that beats a woman is nothing more than a coward, SIMPLE! Why would any man in his right senses beat a woman when he knows that he is physically stronger than her? In ANY relationship the man would offend the woman and vice versa because they are 2 different people. But no man has the right to take out his frustrations on a woman with his fists simply because she "offended" him.

@Poster As surely as the sun rises, your fiancee would definitely beat you again. So if you are a masochist and enjoy pain and physical abuse then by all means get married to him. But if you want a life devoid of fear, intimidation and abuse please end this abusive relationship

4 Likes

Re: He Beat Me. Should I Forgive Him And Stay by asalimpo(m): 3:09pm On Sep 19, 2014
Any1 jumping to conclusions in a one-sided argument is a unwise.
The basis for judging cases is to hear from both parties.
The poster said she was beaten. What did she say/do to warrant d beating?
She greeted the man and he started beating her? No.
What did she say?
Beating is an expression of anger . There must b sufficient provocation for anger.
Women, plead physcal weakness ,but tongue wise they can set a city on fire? They kill their marraige with their parrot tongue.
While blows end in skin,
words sink into hearts, into souls, they shatter self esteem and ego, they reinforce a lie. A single word can wreck sombody's life. And WOMEN hav so much capacity to afflict damage thru words.
Let me giv you an example:
i was at a bus park wher the loaders were loading a bus for travel.
Passengers were charged accordg to their luggage weight.
A haggle ensued with a female passenger and the loader and just like tht out of d blue she fired a verbal missile. The loaders reaction changed so much that he pulled her items from the top of d vehicle, threw it down, and insisted tht she was not going to travel in tht bus.
People began to gather.
What did the woman say?
The point is what reaction did her words cause? With just a spoken word the atmosphere got charged with anger. Would you blame the loader for reacting so?
No!

She said the loader brought the problems of his house to the park
that morning. Thts why he's charging her so"
stinging words!
Do men talk to each other so? No.
Men pals rarely abuse or sting but women do.
even the bible recognises the havoc women can b with their tongue.

A foolish woman tears down her house (with what? Words)
. ...
*it's better to stay on the roof than share a house with a nagging woman. *

some women hav given their husbands high bp.. Som men are in torment in their marraige - theyre just bearing it silently.
When they react violently, its usually at breaking point. All d world hears about is their reactions - never the cause of d reaction.
Re: He Beat Me. Should I Forgive Him And Stay by texanomaly(f): 3:18pm On Sep 19, 2014
asalimpo: Any1 jumping to conclusions in a one-sided argument is a unwise.
The basis for judging cases is to hear from both parties.
The poster said she was beaten. What did she say/do to warrant d beating?
She greeted the man and he started beating her? No.
What did she say?
Beating is an expression of anger . There must b sufficient provocation for anger.
Women, plead physcal weakness ,but tongue wise they can set a city on fire? They kill their marraige with their parrot tongue.
While blows end in skin,
words sink into hearts, into souls, they shatter self esteem and ego, they reinforce a lie. A single word can wreck sombody's life. And WOMEN hav so much capacity to afflict damage thru words.
Let me giv you an example:
i was at a bus park wher the loaders were loading a bus for travel.
Passengers were charged accordg to their luggage weight.
A haggle ensued with a female passenger and the loader and just like tht out of d blue she fired a verbal missile. The loaders reaction changed so much that he pulled her items from the top of d vehicle, threw it down, and insisted tht she was not going to travel in tht bus.
People began to gather.
What did the woman say?
The point is what reaction did her words cause? With just a spoken word the atmosphere got charged with anger. Would you blame the loader for reacting so?
No!

She said the loader brought the problems of his house to the park
that morning. Thts why he's charging her so"
stinging words!
Do men talk to each other so? No.
Men pals rarely abuse or sting but women do.
even the bible recognises the havoc women can b with their tongue.

A foolish woman tears down her house (with what? Words)
. ...
*it's better to stay on the roof than share a house with a nagging woman. *

some women hav given their husbands high bp.. Som men are in torment in their marraige - theyre just bearing it silently.
When they react violently, its usually at breaking point. All d world hears about is their reactions - never the cause of d reaction.

So basically you are saying she probably deserved a beating.

1 Like

Re: He Beat Me. Should I Forgive Him And Stay by asalimpo(m): 3:22pm On Sep 19, 2014
sevule:

I think I can reasonably say from your post that you are most probably a wife beater. Did you actually read what you posted? So every time a woman is physically abused she must have done something to deserve it? angry Pray tell, what should women do when men offend them? Cut off their private parts? angry angry angry angry

A man that beats a woman is nothing more than a coward, SIMPLE! Why would any man in his right senses beat a woman when he knows that he is physically stronger than her? In ANY relationship the man would offend the woman and vice versa because they are 2 different people. But no man has the right to take out his frustrations on a woman with his fists simply because she "offended" him.

@Poster As surely as the sun rises, your fiancee would definitely beat you again. So if you are a masochist and enjoy pain and physical abuse then by all means get married to him. But if you want a life devoid of fear, intimidation and abuse please end this abusive relationship

and why would any woman in her right senses ,knowing they cant match strenght with men, provoke men ceaseless.
And sting with their tongues?

Cease your empty hypocritcal bark.

Why dont you all factor in provocation?

If you cook near petrol y blame fire for the outbreak?
Is it being a man meaning one must ceaselessly stomach toxic insults ? Is man a toxic can? How about if women stopped giving off toxity? Violence is toxity venting from the man.

I'm not talking of chronic wife beaters. But normal men.
Males replying this post shud stop being hypocrites.
Re: He Beat Me. Should I Forgive Him And Stay by asalimpo(m): 3:33pm On Sep 19, 2014
texanomaly:

So basically you are saying she probably deserved a beating.
basically, you side with the woman and dont want to factor in the probability that she incurred the beating.
Deserve is a loaded and biased word in this context.
Re: He Beat Me. Should I Forgive Him And Stay by Nobody: 6:07pm On Sep 19, 2014
isobel: I've been dating my fiancé for four years and we recently got engaged. In the second year of our relationship we had an argument and he beat me. I forgave him and he never laid his hands on me since then. However, he threatend to beat me a couple of times when we had heated argument but never did. Apart from this, he is like an angel. very attentive and caring. My dilemma now is that a couple of people have told me 'if a Man ever lays a hand on a woman she should not marry him because he will eventually turn out to be violent and a wife beater after the marriage'. I've developed cold feet since then and I'm beginning to have second thought about the marriage. Should I marry him or not?

I had to spend a few minutes searching for this... if you don't use it wisely, you are dead! angry

https://www.nairaland.com/1444825/abused-wives-girlfriends-men

There lies all your answers.
Re: He Beat Me. Should I Forgive Him And Stay by cococandy(f): 8:12pm On Sep 19, 2014
Ishilove:
Nonsense!!

While I agree that some women get bad mouth wella, in most cases women bashing is deeply psychological. My next door neighbour, a dashing, chocolate skinned hunk is a notorious woman beater. He became enemies with my mum because she took it upon herself to clean the bloody wounds on his baby mama after another round of beating. This lady was about 7mths pregnant then, but it didn't deter the man from going all Vitali Klitschko on her pregnant azzz, using everything he could lay his hands on to batter her until the woman ran out of the compound and into Mum's hands. Mum cleaned the bloody wounds and advised her to go back to her parents until she put to bed and they resolved their differences. Heck, the man has not even paid her brideprice!! This man was even bringing girls and sleeping with them in the same house. When the lady protests...Pow! Here's a dazzling uppercut for your nagging asss, you biatch!! Smh

The man stopped greeting my mum till date, and as for me, I always make it a point of duty to give him The Evil Eye whenever we run into each other on the street, and a mental middle finger for good measure. Only this morning, we heard the man raking over the phone that the lady should "come and collect your daughter" because "I want to lock the door". The lady had gone to work and left the baby with their little maid. Now Mr Hunk was going out and he didn't want to leave the maid and the baby at home, so he told the lady that he was giving her ten minutes to come take the baby. When the ten minutes was up, he pushed the maid and the baby out and locked the door to the apartment. What a vile creature angry

Why this long story? Wife beaters can only change through God's divine intervention. This man had been the perfect gentleman when he had been wooing this lady, but once she moved in and took in, the inner modafucker revealed itself in all it's Tyson glory.

From the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks, and since Fiance keeps promising to beat up your argumentative asss, believe me, dear Isobel, he is going to fulfil that promise one day. And from there,it will become a habit difficult to break. However, before you quit the upcoming nuptials, look inwards deeply and pray over it. Do what your spirit, under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, tells you, and not what people tell you. Who knows, Fiance might just be different. wink
no kidding huh? when next you cross paths with your Mike Tyson neighbour, while giving him the mental middle finger give him an extra one from me angry angry angry anumanu like him.
Re: He Beat Me. Should I Forgive Him And Stay by Nobody: 8:55pm On Sep 19, 2014
Nigerian ladies, stay away from violent men!! Even the bible says you should stay away from violent people. Una no dey hear word till you all die like chickens. Even from a slap, you better take to your heels and run. Issues can be sorted without necessarily raising hands on a human. Any man who beats/justifies beating up a female is a beast and must remain in the jungle with lions, baboons and chimpazees who are members of his kind!! Such a man needs psychiatric help!! Run and dnt look back!! If you dare marry that beast, you are in soup!!

Enough Said!!

1 Like

Re: He Beat Me. Should I Forgive Him And Stay by Ishilove: 12:37am On Sep 20, 2014
cococandy: no kidding huh? when next you cross paths with your Mike Tyson neighbour, while giving him the mental middle finger give him an extra one from me angry angry angry anumanu like him.
If I have my way I would like hefty, muscular men to beat the rubbish out of him. Very nasty fellow and a pathological liar. angry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

At What Age Did You Have Your First Kiss / Omg!! See What This Man, Is Doing To His Newly Wedded Bride (photo) #lolzzzzzzz / Just For Fun: Describe Your Future Wife/husband.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.