Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,465 members, 7,891,924 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 10:35 PM

What Would Be Your Answer To This Question From Your Partner? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Would Be Your Answer To This Question From Your Partner? (1424 Views)

Question From A Ghanaian Lady / Tricky Question From A Friend Ish. / What A Wierd Question From Guys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Would Be Your Answer To This Question From Your Partner? by DigitalSignal(m): 4:30pm On Sep 19, 2014
Sometimes in a relationship, we want validation of our feelings.
We love our partners and we want the feeling to be mutual; we crave to be told we’re loved.

Even if actions seem to suggest that we are, we still want to hear the words “I love you” from the one we love, but they are not forthcoming! It seems to be a dream!

Out of frustration, you ask your partner “Do you love me?”
If you were the other partner and you never really loved your partner, what would your answer be?

Would it be a yes/no? If yes why?
Re: What Would Be Your Answer To This Question From Your Partner? by Isk(f): 4:31pm On Sep 19, 2014
@sexybiks hi
Re: What Would Be Your Answer To This Question From Your Partner? by ideyhere(f): 4:33pm On Sep 19, 2014
You never loved him or you did but don't anymore?
Re: What Would Be Your Answer To This Question From Your Partner? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Sep 19, 2014
So u r doubting my love 4 u abi?? In short, its over....
Re: What Would Be Your Answer To This Question From Your Partner? by eph12(m): 4:36pm On Sep 19, 2014
I think most people have learnt not to ask that question again unless both partners are ready for marriage. We have learnt to make do with actions and hope for the best sad
Re: What Would Be Your Answer To This Question From Your Partner? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Sep 19, 2014
yh!!
Re: What Would Be Your Answer To This Question From Your Partner? by DigitalSignal(m): 5:39pm On Sep 19, 2014
eph12: I think most people have learnt not to ask that question again unless both partners are ready for marriage. We have learnt to make do with actions and hope for the best sad

Perhaps you're right, but people still get asked this question! Ladies especially would even ask a guy to tell them that they're loved and when this happens, most often than not, out of pity, you say 'yes'; you tell them you love them but within you it's a different feeling!
Re: What Would Be Your Answer To This Question From Your Partner? by DigitalSignal(m): 5:43pm On Sep 19, 2014
ideyhere: You never loved him or you did but don't anymore?

Sometimes, people stay in relationships not necessarily because of love, but for some other reasons!
Re: What Would Be Your Answer To This Question From Your Partner? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Sep 19, 2014
I won't be in a rel with a man I don't love. So if he ask ill reply like I always do- yes nkem with all my heart
Re: What Would Be Your Answer To This Question From Your Partner? by HFOG(f): 5:47pm On Sep 19, 2014
I think I usually do not give the wrong impression so finding myself in this situation is unlikely. I won't be in a relationship with someone I do not really love and have emotions for. You'll know before long what my fellings are.
Re: What Would Be Your Answer To This Question From Your Partner? by DigitalSignal(m): 6:00pm On Sep 19, 2014
HFOG: I think I usually do not give the wrong impression so finding myself in this situation is unlikely. I won't be in a relationship with someone I do not really love and have emotions for. You'll know before long what my fellings are.

Well, it doesn't always work that way! Love is something that develops over time.
You may see a guy and feel attracted to him and eventually starts a relationship with him but along the way, you discover that you don't really love him despite his being nice to you! ....talking out of experience.
Re: What Would Be Your Answer To This Question From Your Partner? by HFOG(f): 6:24pm On Sep 19, 2014
DigitalSignal:

Well, it doesn't always work that way! Love is something that develops over time.
You may see a guy and feel attracted to him and eventually starts a relationship with him but along the way, you discover that you don't really love him despite his being nice to you! ....talking out of experience.
True. I get you. We hurt people more when we pretend about our feelings whether outta sympathy or what have you? Sooner or later what we feel would eventually spill. Me just believe in being myself. Not like I go about hurting people but what you see in me is what you get
Re: What Would Be Your Answer To This Question From Your Partner? by lawrenceunaa: 6:43pm On Sep 19, 2014
op the question should be thus: 'did you for once love me' ?

my answer would be yes wink

Reasons being :'then you thought and acted maturely' but now undecided
I cant state the difference b/w you & my 10yr old niece shocked tongue

1 Like

Re: What Would Be Your Answer To This Question From Your Partner? by ideyhere(f): 7:48pm On Sep 19, 2014
DigitalSignal:

Perharps you're right, but people still get asked this question! Ladies especially would even ask a guy to tell them that they're loved and when this happens, most often than not, out of pity, you say 'yes'; you tell them you love them but within you it's a different feeling!

The reverse is the case with me...
Re: What Would Be Your Answer To This Question From Your Partner? by DigitalSignal(m): 8:01pm On Sep 19, 2014
lawrenceunaa: op the question should be thus: 'did you for once love me' ?

my answer would be yes wink

Reasons being :'then you thought and acted maturely' but now undecided
I cant state the difference b/w you & my 10yr old niece shocked tongue

Ok, noted but the question is "Do you love me?".
It's possible you never loved her from the beginning; perhaps, it died along the way; perhaps, you still love her!
Re: What Would Be Your Answer To This Question From Your Partner? by mascot87(m): 8:10pm On Sep 19, 2014
If I love, I do with all my heart & so I will say yes I love u to d person I give my heart to as often as possible but taking me for granted could melt my heart.I have a soft heart
Re: What Would Be Your Answer To This Question From Your Partner? by Xplicit1(f): 8:24pm On Sep 19, 2014
Most times it's difficult for me to utter dat 3 words, wat I do reply is of course, yes, I do, me too.

The other day my guy was like ''u've not really told me u love me for somtim now, DO U STILL LUV ME''?

I said, of course I do, he was waitin for me to say d actual words. I stutter a bit b4 I actually said it.
I don't kno y it's difficult for me to say sha, mayb wit tym, i'll b use to it.
Re: What Would Be Your Answer To This Question From Your Partner? by ladywriter(f): 8:38pm On Sep 19, 2014
DigitalSignal: Sometimes in a relationship, we want validation of our feelings.
We love our partners and we want the feeling to be mutual; we crave to be told we’re loved.

Even if actions seem to suggest that we are, we still want to hear the words “I love you” from the one we love, but they are not forthcoming! It seems to be a dream!

Out of frustration, you ask your partner “Do you love me?”
If you were the other partner and you never really loved your partner, what would your answer be?

Would it be a yes/no? If yes why?

If you don't really love your partner, and the question "Do you love me?" comes up, you can use one of the following responses:

a - I suppose so.
b - Would it make you feel better if I said yes.
c - That depends on what you mean by "love".
d - Does it matter?
e - Who, me?
Re: What Would Be Your Answer To This Question From Your Partner? by DigitalSignal(m): 9:35pm On Sep 19, 2014
ladywriter:

If you don't really love your partner, and the question "Do you love me?" comes up, you can use one of the following responses:

a - I suppose so.
b - Would it make you feel better if I said yes.
c - That depends on what you mean by "love".
d - Does it matter?
e - Who, me?

@e Lol... of course, it's you or is there someone else in the room?
Re: What Would Be Your Answer To This Question From Your Partner? by DigitalSignal(m): 9:43pm On Sep 19, 2014
mascot87: If I love, I do with all my heart & so I will say yes I love u to d person I give my heart to as often as possible but taking me for granted could melt my heart.I have a soft heart

Yes, it's easy to say when you truely love, but what if you don't really love? Can you really answer no, when she loves you to a fault!
Re: What Would Be Your Answer To This Question From Your Partner? by MisterLongman(m): 10:05pm On Sep 19, 2014
Ask me one more time....... I wrote this under the influence of alcohol
Re: What Would Be Your Answer To This Question From Your Partner? by Isk(f): 5:08pm On Sep 21, 2014
As bitter as the truth is, i believe your partner deserves to know where you are emotionally in the relationship, especially when he/she asks. You owe it to him/her to say 'i do love you' or 'i am not there yet. But i care a lot about you'
They deserve to know.
Re: What Would Be Your Answer To This Question From Your Partner? by 1one: 5:15pm On Sep 21, 2014
Isk: As bitter as the truth is, i believe your partner deserves to know where you are emotionally in the relationship, especially when he/she asks. You owe it to him/her to say 'i do love you' or 'i am not there yet. But i care a lot about you'
They deserve to know.

Good word.
Re: What Would Be Your Answer To This Question From Your Partner? by Exjoker(m): 5:39pm On Sep 21, 2014
Boy: do u love me?
Baby: yes
Boy: why?
Baby: because you love me too, isnt it?
Re: What Would Be Your Answer To This Question From Your Partner? by baralatie(m): 6:18pm On Sep 21, 2014
DigitalSignal:

Ok, noted but the question is "Do you love me?".
It's possible you never loved her from the beginning; perharps, it died along the way; perharps, you still love her!
perharps? in a love relationship and you have the word(perharps)
Re: What Would Be Your Answer To This Question From Your Partner? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Sep 21, 2014
Most times if you have to ask, you already know. Unless you are about to confess a dark secret.
Re: What Would Be Your Answer To This Question From Your Partner? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Sep 21, 2014
My answer is usually: "let my actions and inactions be your answer." It doesnt cost me anything to say 'i love you, but i'd rather you observe it yourself. Actions they say speaks louder than [even a thousand] words.
Re: What Would Be Your Answer To This Question From Your Partner? by Nobody: 6:32pm On Sep 21, 2014
Isk: As bitter as the truth is, i believe your partner deserves to know where you are emotionally in the relationship, especially when he/she asks. You owe it to him/her to say 'i do love you' or 'i am not there yet. But i care a lot about you'
They deserve to know.
whats bitter about it? these days such questions only pressure the guy to miss-yarn cos its so easy nowadays for guys/gurls to spew out the word "i love you" when they are only saying that to gain what they want form their partner. More amusing is the irritating trend for peeps these days to meet a guy/babe online today and within a day or two, he/she is already mouthing the words "i love you". More annoying is that many girls fall for it ,even when his actions speak otherwise. All they want to hear is those magical words and she would give you whatever you want from her, including her c##t.
Re: What Would Be Your Answer To This Question From Your Partner? by dre11(m): 7:07pm On Sep 21, 2014
Just answer that ......
The feeling is mutual

That's when mah actions aren't enough for her and she wants to hear me say it.....

So when she says I love u.... I will just reply that the feeling is mutual......

I know she will get the message
Re: What Would Be Your Answer To This Question From Your Partner? by DigitalSignal(m): 7:15pm On Sep 21, 2014
baralatie:
perharps? in a love relationship and you have the word(perharps)

What are you saying/implying?

(1) (Reply)

Guys, Have You Ever Dated A Girl That Could Draw? / Signs That He Still Loves His EX / 14 Major Mistakes Nigerian Women Make In A Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.