Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,870 members, 7,973,011 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 05:20 AM

.ng Domain And General Aparthy - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / .ng Domain And General Aparthy (996 Views)

Cheapest .com.ng Domain And .com.ng WHMCS Module / Free .com.ng Domain Name Offer! / How To Get a .NG Domain Name? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

.ng Domain And General Aparthy by Oludave7(m): 7:29pm On Nov 03, 2008
Hi Guys, Our company has just been accredited as a .Ng domain registrar, which we felt was a big deal because of the stringent conditions and documentation including up to date tax clearance(genuine one o) and all that that we had to meet before the accreditation.
But we are shocked about the general apathy to our own Naija domain, I discovered that people are not just too keen about their National domain unlike .za and .uk that all businesses in these countries naturally identified with. What is matter with us?
Re: .ng Domain And General Aparthy by JJYOU: 7:34pm On Nov 03, 2008
imagine for one sec you get an email requesting for business from an address bukky@sunshineltd.com.ng

hope it is not too expensive. most .com are $10. IF YOU SELL YOURS MORE THEN YUOU ARE LIKELY TO BE ON YOUR OWN.

GOOD LUCK
Re: .ng Domain And General Aparthy by Oludave7(m): 8:59pm On Nov 03, 2008
JJYOU,thanks for your response but even in South Africa .za is costlier than .com,you can crosscheck. Country code domains are generally of prime cost than the open ones like .com or .org . It is just a matter of national pride. if its there, cost would not be the determining factor.however .ng domain is not as costly as .za
Re: .ng Domain And General Aparthy by yawatide(f): 9:04pm On Nov 03, 2008
JJYOU
It depends. It's all about quality of service and branding. If I am treated well, I don't mind paying extra. Of course, in the end, market forces will determine the price, granted Nigeria tends not to follow the normal models.
Re: .ng Domain And General Aparthy by JJYOU: 1:15pm On Nov 04, 2008
naija "brand" is a brand i wont sell enemies. it is a tainted brand
Re: .ng Domain And General Aparthy by alldone(m): 2:59pm On Nov 04, 2008
Nigeria brand will be a good one. we can do it over 150milion people the market is wide.
thanks
Re: .ng Domain And General Aparthy by Oludave7(m): 3:13pm On Nov 04, 2008
No matter how tainted a brand may be ,if its yours you just have to promote it,we have no other country than this. No matter how much you appreciate another man's child he can not become yours.No matter how we appreciate other nations' domain ours still remain .ng. So the earlier we face this reality the better for us.
Re: .ng Domain And General Aparthy by JJYOU: 3:23pm On Nov 04, 2008
Oludave7:

No matter how tainted a brand may be ,if its yours you just have to promote it,we have no other country than this. No matter how much you appreciate another man's child he can not become yours.No matter how we appreciate other nations' domain ours still remain .ng. So the earlier we face this reality the better for us.

which nation owns .com, org, .net or .tv?

why not make your point rather than drag the usual other nations childish arguements into something you know is flawed. how would you feel being in ghana ( nigeria's next door neighbour) getting an email with a .ng extension?

goodluck with .ng
Re: .ng Domain And General Aparthy by Seton(m): 4:36pm On Nov 04, 2008
@Oludave7, What is the name of your company so that i can register some domains right away,i need it now, i hope i wont wait for ages to get registered.

Fellow nairalanders, if Oludave7 company can get us .ng domains registered without so much hassles, don't you think we all have to start using it now so as to promote our brand name call Nigeria, many people want to associate with us, you know irrespective of many out there who wouldn't want to be associated with Nigerians, i have refused to blame them anyway.

It is our brand let us all promote it. It will be a unique identity over there in the market.
Or do you folks
Re: .ng Domain And General Aparthy by yawatide(f): 5:00pm On Nov 04, 2008
I think the resistance to .ng isn't that it is Nigerian per se but that it seems to take forever to get one online.  Also, I remember one time that all the .ng sites I went to were down. Upon asking someone on here, I was told it had to do with NITDA (I could be wrong with the name so stand corrected).

If I have a million naira idea and have to wait months for a .ng domain, y not go with the .com equivalent?  It has gotten to the point that I am willing to absorb the cost of my clients hosting on US servers than those in naija.  Why? quality of service. Of course, I transfer the cost of such charges to the client behind the scenes, but I digress wink

Again, I think it has more to do with quality of service than the "nigerian factor"
Re: .ng Domain And General Aparthy by TruBrotha: 7:17pm On Feb 15, 2009
bros forget all this thing. I have a .ng domain and i am dropping it without thinking twice. When you email companies out there and they see then .ng you neva get a response because all they see in the .ng is 419.

Man save your business. Till 419 name is gone .ng wld kill ur business.
I don yan

(1) (Reply)

Review This Site / Tally Accounting Software Business. / Can You Design A Forum Website For Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.