Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,234 members, 7,880,889 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:38 AM

Nigeria Has The 10th Finest English accent In The World – CNN Poll reveals - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigeria Has The 10th Finest English accent In The World – CNN Poll reveals (4601 Views)

My Accent Is Affecting Me Acedemically,pls Help!!! / Meet The 15 Finest Girls In UNILAG. / Improving Your English Accent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Has The 10th Finest English accent In The World – CNN Poll reveals by Nobody: 8:04pm On Sep 19, 2014
There are over 7,000 languages in the world and
according to a new poll, the Nigerian accent is
the 10th sexiest English accent in the world. CNN
did a recent poll on Facebook and above is how
people voted. Source : http://..com.es/2014/09/nigeria-has-10th-finest-english-accent.html

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Has The 10th Finest English accent In The World – CNN Poll reveals by Princecalm(m): 8:11pm On Sep 19, 2014
Not bad at all.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has The 10th Finest English accent In The World – CNN Poll reveals by Nobody: 11:08pm On Sep 19, 2014
We are trying

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has The 10th Finest English accent In The World – CNN Poll reveals by Boscojugunu(m): 11:10pm On Sep 19, 2014
3rd to commenting
Re: Nigeria Has The 10th Finest English accent In The World – CNN Poll reveals by cirmuell(m): 11:26pm On Sep 19, 2014
Nice. When it comes to sexiest, we are 5th or 7th can't remember now.
Re: Nigeria Has The 10th Finest English accent In The World – CNN Poll reveals by Nobody: 11:45pm On Sep 19, 2014
what of EFIK ENGLISH....?
Is it among....?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has The 10th Finest English accent In The World – CNN Poll reveals by Nobody: 12:23am On Sep 20, 2014
which of them pls,
the NWA NNA own or the ABOKI accent or is it the Yoruba Yoruba own.

trying to give youths more reason to dump their indigenous languages for English

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has The 10th Finest English accent In The World – CNN Poll reveals by priscaoge(f): 12:24am On Sep 20, 2014
And the only accent I love in Nigeria is 'Warri Pidgin English'!!!gringrin It sounds so sweet in my ears!

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has The 10th Finest English accent In The World – CNN Poll reveals by DonaldTrump(m): 12:30am On Sep 20, 2014
nice one...diarris truely God in everything we r doin.. grin
Re: Nigeria Has The 10th Finest English accent In The World – CNN Poll reveals by kilokeys(m): 1:30am On Sep 20, 2014
abi o..

don't mind those Charlie pple of Ghana..

i went to go to de chechi ( i want to go to the church)

how is wake ? ( how is work?)

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has The 10th Finest English accent In The World – CNN Poll reveals by Hermanie(m): 2:23am On Sep 20, 2014
In Nigeria, we have different types of english and different types of english accent, so which did they use to judge ?

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has The 10th Finest English accent In The World – CNN Poll reveals by ifaoni(m): 2:27am On Sep 20, 2014
nice of us. Get your cheap dats with bonus. Check my signature.
Re: Nigeria Has The 10th Finest English accent In The World – CNN Poll reveals by fr3do(m): 5:22am On Sep 20, 2014
kilokeys: abi o..

cheesy

tell hair, hair hair is dety ( tell her, her hair is dirty)

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Has The 10th Finest English accent In The World – CNN Poll reveals by Nobody: 5:38am On Sep 20, 2014
Isokay grin grin
Re: Nigeria Has The 10th Finest English accent In The World – CNN Poll reveals by Exjoker(m): 6:40am On Sep 20, 2014
There re two types of english speakin in nigeria...so which of the english re they talkin bout?...btw this is one of the gud news bout Nigeria comin from CNN
Re: Nigeria Has The 10th Finest English accent In The World – CNN Poll reveals by JbravoAdodger(m): 7:13am On Sep 20, 2014

fr3do:
cheesy
tell hair, hair hair is dety ( tell her, her hair is dirty)

Ahee hee hee! I'm laughin like a drunk hyena
grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Has The 10th Finest English accent In The World – CNN Poll reveals by egopersonified(f): 7:21am On Sep 20, 2014
Op, please help me check for Ghana on that ranking. My mum keeps insisting they pronoun words the right way.
Re: Nigeria Has The 10th Finest English accent In The World – CNN Poll reveals by egopersonified(f): 7:25am On Sep 20, 2014
Hermanie: In Nigeria, we have different types of english and different types of english accent, so which did they use to judge ?

The hausas naw. When I was in pry sch, my hausa neighbour's dad's english used to be so sweet to listen to, I think I actually had a crush on him.
Re: Nigeria Has The 10th Finest English accent In The World – CNN Poll reveals by eleojo23: 7:30am On Sep 20, 2014
Really?
Re: Nigeria Has The 10th Finest English accent In The World – CNN Poll reveals by Ayomideaop(f): 7:51am On Sep 20, 2014
egopersonified: Op, please help me check for Ghana on that ranking. My mum keeps insisting they pronoun words the right way.
Nd my friend whose Mum is a Ghanaian keeps saying dia pronunciation is the best..
Re: Nigeria Has The 10th Finest English accent In The World – CNN Poll reveals by OXYGENO1: 7:58am On Sep 20, 2014
oluwaseun0sewa: There are over 7,000 languages in the world and
according to a new poll, the Nigerian accent is
the 10th sexiest English accent in the world. CNN
did a recent poll on Facebook and above is how
people voted. Source : http://..com.es/2014/09/nigeria-has-10th-finest-english-accent.html
nigerians and their dumbness and foolishness. A poll done on Facebook and u people are celebrating. With the population of nigerians on Facebook what should we expect.Any fool can conduct a poll .
Re: Nigeria Has The 10th Finest English accent In The World – CNN Poll reveals by OXYGENO1: 8:00am On Sep 20, 2014
Ayomideaop:
Nd my friend whose Mum is a Ghanaian keeps saying dia pronunciation is the best..
nigerians pronounce words just as they see it.Meanwhile that isn't the case.
Re: Nigeria Has The 10th Finest English accent In The World – CNN Poll reveals by OXYGENO1: 8:03am On Sep 20, 2014
egopersonified: Op, please help me check for Ghana on that ranking. My mum keeps insisting they pronoun words the right way.
Where in that article was it stated those are the countries who pronounce English words right?
Re: Nigeria Has The 10th Finest English accent In The World – CNN Poll reveals by OXYGENO1: 8:05am On Sep 20, 2014
Exjoker: There re two types of english speakin in nigeria...so which of the english re they talkin bout?...btw this is one of the gud news bout Nigeria comin from CNN
From CNN? Go to CNN web page and see whether you gonna find such useless thing there.
Re: Nigeria Has The 10th Finest English accent In The World – CNN Poll reveals by OXYGENO1: 8:08am On Sep 20, 2014

See this fool.Who doesn't knw nigerians have the worst accent when it comes to English ...com(come) etc.The way u people even pronounce doctor can make somebody vomit.
Re: Nigeria Has The 10th Finest English accent In The World – CNN Poll reveals by OXYGENO1: 8:25am On Sep 20, 2014
What is
the world’s sexiest accent? Vote now!
We think these are the sexiest accents on
earth: http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/17/
travel/sexy-accents/index.html Agree with
our picks? Vote now:
CNN Travel asked a question .
What is the world’s sexiest accent? Vote
now!
WHERE IN THIS DID THEY SAY COUNTRIES WITH BEST ENGLISH ACCENTS?
Re: Nigeria Has The 10th Finest English accent In The World – CNN Poll reveals by egopersonified(f): 8:31am On Sep 20, 2014
OXYGENO1: Where in that article was it stated those are the countries who pronounce English words right?

NO WHERE. But a research can be used for other purposes apart from the purpose such research was made for.
Re: Nigeria Has The 10th Finest English accent In The World – CNN Poll reveals by OXYGENO1: 8:34am On Sep 20, 2014
egopersonified:

NO WHERE. But a research can be used for other purposes apart from the purpose such research was made for.
so as a nigerian do you believe in that poll?
Re: Nigeria Has The 10th Finest English accent In The World – CNN Poll reveals by OXYGENO1: 8:36am On Sep 20, 2014
egopersonified:

anyway the OP has misinformed you people. Visit CNN TRAVEL PAGE. ON FACEBOOK TO SEE FOR YOURSELF.
Re: Nigeria Has The 10th Finest English accent In The World – CNN Poll reveals by LajaLaba: 8:45am On Sep 20, 2014
OXYGENO1: anyway the OP has misinformed you people. Visit CNN TRAVEL PAGE. ON FACEBOOK TO SEE FOR YOURSELF.
cool down chief...U don't need to kill yourself over this rubbish....Pathetic youths
Re: Nigeria Has The 10th Finest English accent In The World – CNN Poll reveals by Bryan12(m): 8:52am On Sep 20, 2014
Booked
Re: Nigeria Has The 10th Finest English accent In The World – CNN Poll reveals by KillerBeauty(f): 9:12am On Sep 20, 2014
I love d British accent
The irish accent
And also the indians

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Skeletal Remains Of A Rich Man And His Slave Discovered In Vesuvius. / Assuu Strike: Learn A Skill / Study In Latvia, Estonia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.