Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,645 members, 7,921,402 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 01:51 AM

Man Rents Out Girlfriend To Buy Iphone 6 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Man Rents Out Girlfriend To Buy Iphone 6 (1012 Views)

5 Reasons To Buy Iphone Over Android Smartphone And Windows Phone / Which Iphone Should I Buy?” Iphone 6 Vs. Iphone 6 Plus / I'm Ready To Buy Iphone 5, Either Fairly Use Or New One (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Rents Out Girlfriend To Buy Iphone 6 by Nobody: 8:50pm On Sep 19, 2014
A Chinese student has gone to extreme lengths to get his hands on the latest iPhone, offering up his girlfriend in exchange for cash to put towards the device.
Photos of the man brandishing a sign that read
"Girlfriend Sharing" appeared on the Chinese social
media site Weibo this week.
On offer was the chance to eat, study, play games or go on dates with the woman, although it did warn there would be no "funny business".
According to posters on Weibo, the man claimed
his girlfriend was a willing participant in the scheme, which offered her up for 10 yuan (£1) per hour.
The identity of the man is not yet clear, though his advertising exploits took place at Songjiang University in Shanghai.
The student's endeavours are the latest in a string of incidents showing the desperate lengths some people go to in order to acquire the latest must-have Apple gadget.
Earlier this week, a Saudi man reportedly asked his prospective brother-in-law for an iPhone 6 as a dowry for marrying his sister.
"We have heard about quite a few things, but an iPhone 6 that has not even hit the markets here is a bit bizarre," said Saud Ahmad, a Bahraini office clerk, in response to the request.
"We need to promote a culture where marriage should not be used by anyone to get gifts or make profits in any way. If I had been the groom, I would have confronted the brother."
When the iPhone 5 was launched in China last year, a couple was charged with human trafficking after allegedly selling three of their newborn babies to pay for items that included high-end shoes and an iPhone.
The pair, also from Shanghai, admitted to selling three of their babies for a total sum of $13,000, between 2008 and 2013.

source
Re: Man Rents Out Girlfriend To Buy Iphone 6 by billsteve(m): 8:53pm On Sep 19, 2014
Na whaoo! Una go start to sell una house becose of iphone 6s
Re: Man Rents Out Girlfriend To Buy Iphone 6 by encryptjay(m): 9:47pm On Sep 19, 2014
Funny things white folks do
Re: Man Rents Out Girlfriend To Buy Iphone 6 by kennykg(m): 11:34pm On Sep 19, 2014
I pity d babe, what would he do for iPhone 6+ ?
Re: Man Rents Out Girlfriend To Buy Iphone 6 by Nobody: 11:51pm On Sep 19, 2014
No "funny business" with the girl?

You dey craze after paying you £1

If you think say money na beans, I wonder why you no get am to preorder the phone
Re: Man Rents Out Girlfriend To Buy Iphone 6 by Nobody: 11:56pm On Sep 19, 2014
People dey mad o
Re: Man Rents Out Girlfriend To Buy Iphone 6 by barthchuks(m): 6:58am On Sep 20, 2014
sily
Re: Man Rents Out Girlfriend To Buy Iphone 6 by oyewolestephen(m): 9:36am On Sep 20, 2014
I can't just imagine what he will do to her girl friend if iPhone7 is out again. I guess he will sell her finally
Re: Man Rents Out Girlfriend To Buy Iphone 6 by Durchmann(m): 9:43am On Sep 20, 2014
OMO! Make i book space O!

This matter is bound for FP things O!

E.T.T....

grin grin grin grin

8TH TO COMMENT O!!!

BABA GOD NONI!!!!
Re: Man Rents Out Girlfriend To Buy Iphone 6 by lomprico(m): 12:36pm On Sep 20, 2014
kennykg: I pity d babe, what would he do for iPhone 6+ ?
No pity her o cos wen he finally gety d phone she go collect am sharp sharp!
Re: Man Rents Out Girlfriend To Buy Iphone 6 by kennykg(m): 1:37pm On Sep 20, 2014
lomprico:
No pity her o cos wen he finally gety d phone she go collect am sharp sharp!
Who told you he would go back to her after he got the iPhone. If Na you nko
Re: Man Rents Out Girlfriend To Buy Iphone 6 by ciphoenix: 1:59am On Sep 21, 2014
I don't see any inappropriate part in this scheme though. she's a willing participant + "no funny business" (just study, eating and the likes).

1 Like

Re: Man Rents Out Girlfriend To Buy Iphone 6 by seunfly: 7:22am On Sep 21, 2014
ciphoenix: I don't see any inappropriate part in this scheme though. she's a willing participant + "no funny business" (just study, eating and the likes).

Don't mind the guy, who told him girls has finished to eat with? Girls full street wey wan follow u go eat for free, except say na you go pay 4 d food.
Re: Man Rents Out Girlfriend To Buy Iphone 6 by ciphoenix: 8:34am On Sep 22, 2014
seunfly:
Don't mind the guy, who told him girls has finished to eat with? Girls full street wey wan follow u go eat for free, except say na you go pay 4 d food.
also note this was China. The average Chinese =/= the average Nigerian so there would actually be people willing to take up his offer without "funny business" and be satisfied with just spending time with the girl

(1) (Reply)

Clean Gionee Pioneer 2 For Sale @ 9k / Brand New Iphone 6 Plus For Sale @ Xmas Bonanza Price! / I Need Help Ooo. Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.