Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,150 members, 7,880,606 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 10:15 PM

FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops (18354 Views)

Catholic Bishops Attack Father Mbaka For Anti-jonathan Prophecies. / Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) / Directives From Catholic Bishops Conference Of Nigeria Over The Spread Of Ebola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by Vikky014(f): 8:24am On Sep 20, 2014
4bobo: What did Catholic priests say that was wrong? Did they even say anything related to CAN president ? Why are some members of national association of stupid and slowpoke, nairaland branch talking nonsense about their statement issued and relating it to CAN president issue? Can't you people just read between the lines and think with your brain for once? This is what Catholic and Anglican leaders have always been doing most of the time instead of others that contracts and sentiments have blocked their sense of reasonings. By the way I am stunk Mfm member and have nothing to do with Catholic but let us reason within lines instead of allowing sentiments to walk totally in our brains. so don't quote me and talk nonsense cos I won't reply u.
my dear blame ur MOD MYNDD44 He startd it
Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by philips70(m): 8:25am On Sep 20, 2014
Mynd44: I hope this is not to spite CAN else it will be very sad and pointless

So, you would rather CAN is allowed to continue to desecrate and deflate the tiny remnants of Christian values in Nigeria? Every right thinking Christian folk should know CAN as it is presently constituted is a quasi-political party cum gangster organization that should be rescued if we want to be taken seriously. No effort in doing this should be seen as pointless.

6 Likes

Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by texazzpete(m): 8:31am On Sep 20, 2014
ayukdaboss: You all keep on encouraging hate among religions in Nigeria and sit down in AC Offices to construct long speeches because you and your household are far from where it's happening.

There is literally nothing in that speech that is geared towards 'encouraging hate'.

ayukdaboss:
I know the Government is not trying their best but what have our Christian clerics and Jet Flying Pastors done to even encourage fellow Christians in the North where they even have legal branches.

I have to say, this is a rather inane comment. You AGREE that the FG isn't doing their best but are condemning the Catholic Bishops for saying the same thing? The 'not doing their best' comment you casually toss out is the difference between life and death for thousands of people.

As for your "what are they even doing", is it not clerics that remain in the North, preaching and evangelizing even in the face of persecution? Do you not read about Pastors being slaughtered monthly? Is that not 'encouragement' enough for you, that many clerics are in the North, leading by example?

ayukdaboss: Now see these ones trying to mock the Bling Bling Man/50 Cent wannabe in a coded way to score cheap Religious points.

The OP clearly states that this is an ANNUAL conference, and has nothing to do with whatever escapades Mr Oritsejafor is up to. Chibok Girls have not been rescued yet. Bama fell. Gwoza remains in Boko Haram hands. Scores have been killed in states that are supposedly under state of emergency. Is there not enough reason to demand more seriousness?

You sound really confused. You think the FG isn't doing the best they can, yet you're angrily tackling those who speak up about it. the same Catholic Bishops that are one of the loudest voices against corruption in Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by texazzpete(m): 8:33am On Sep 20, 2014

Why would a statement coming from an ANNUAL convention be ' to spite CAN'?

Where's your sense of empathy? You refuse to consider it may be an effort to actually help your fellow Nigerians who are SUFFERING in the North and jump to conclusions about it being all about CAN. Why?

2 Likes

Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by deletrue: 8:34am On Sep 20, 2014
kITATITA:

I'm appalled at the apparent stupidity of several Nigerians who don't see beyond the immediate, and who think with their hearts. The bishops have always used the annual Catholic Bishops Conference to review the state of the nation and issue statements on the position of the Church. It's not about one person and definitely not about Oritsejafor. I'm surprised that several Nairalanders do not know this and come here to celebrate their ignorance.
Do you know this Bishop is living with one of the most backward states in term of every things? Why should he even cough?
Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by Nobody: 8:36am On Sep 20, 2014
Andibot: Obama in d US 2nd term presidential election knew dat Just constructing beautiful speeches n holding meetings won't help so he had 2 do something spectacular dat will protect d lives of each n, very American, he did dat by killing osama bin laden n dat singular act pleased Americans n he won d election for d 2nd term. but here in our case, Weda he does anything or not its a party thing. People are carried away by Wat d party has to do so our president focuses on 2nd term without 1st ending d scourge dat started since his inception in office!
point of correction,d scourge did not start since his inception in office, it started with ur generals from the north,and since its obvious they can't get it back they unleashed the dragon....call a spade a spade..quote me and get a hissss

1 Like

Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by BodyKiss(m): 8:38am On Sep 20, 2014
brunofarad: Un easy lies the head that wears the crown,
GEJ is trying his best,let's support him and we should rather be more patient with him.

GEJ has had more than enough time. The 'thing' is simply not the right man for president. the height of insecurity is unbearable. People die all day like ants. What about corruption? Give him all the time in the world, and things could only get worse.

1 Like

Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by Segunj8(m): 8:39am On Sep 20, 2014
obayaya: I know the CBCN discusses several issues in their plenary meetings ranging from education to security to religion.

Punch newspaper just chose to highlight the part of the communique that talks about security.

However, the statement "Government isn't doing enough" is not an affront on the government. But a reminder that there's still a huge room for improvement. A sentiment shared by a large cross section of the citizenry.

For those asking why the CBCN is speaking out now. CBCN issue communiques on national issues after their plenary meetings. And for the past 3 years, they've always spoken about security.

here are links to CBCN Communiques

March, 2014 www.cbcn-ng.org/articledetail.php?tab=14

February, 2013 www.cbcn-ng.org/articledetail.php?tab=13

September, 2012 www.cbcn-ng.org/articledetail.php?tab=12

2011 www.cbcn-ng.org/articledetail.php?tab=9

special golden jubilee communique October, 2010 www.cbcn-ng.org/articledetail.php?tab=5

Bishop Badejo of Oyo diocese's article on security and religious harmony, 2012 www.cbcn-ng.org/articledetail.php?tab=10
U re so on point. Let them know. I saw ur comment nd I see no reason to comment again. God bless you!

5 Likes

Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by san316(m): 8:47am On Sep 20, 2014
Since CAN is an arm of PDP, the Catholic church is now an arm of APC. Atleast, no one can sit on the fence anymore right?
Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by deletrue: 8:52am On Sep 20, 2014
kITATITA:

I'm appalled at the apparent stupidity of several Nigerians who don't see beyond the immediate, and who think with their hearts. The bishops have always used the annual Catholic Bishops Conference to review the state of the nation and issue statements on the position of the Church. It's not about one person and definitely not about Oritsejafor. I'm surprised that several Nairalanders do not know this and come here to celebrate their ignorance.
Do you know this Bishop is living in Warri, one of the most backward cities and states in term of every thing ranging from VERY BAD roads, umemployment, highly disorganised youths, where indesciple is sleep from year to year? Just name them yourself. Why should he even cough where the government have every opportunity and easily accessable to all resources to increase Warri and indeed Delta to one of the most popular cities in Nigerias?
Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by munasami: 8:54am On Sep 20, 2014
Danmas: The Catholic Bishops Conference of Nigeria has said the Federal Government has not done enough to stop the rising insecurity and the unending killings in the country.
The Bishops, which issued a statement during their Second Annual Plenary in Warri, Delta State, said the meeting has daily been inundated with “first-hand and horrifying reports reaching from Borno, Yobe, Adamawa, Taraba, Kano and Kaduna states about the mass slaughter of fellow Nigerians; the burning and sacking of whole villages and churches and rectories.”
In the statement titled ‘While Nigeria bleeds and burns’, the CBCN lamented the precarious situation in the North-East, where it lamented that reports “only confirm further killings, burnings and fleeing of defenseless Nigerians creating a heightened sense of unrest and siege to the whole nation.”
Signed by the President, CBCN, Most Revd Ignatius Kaigama, and Secretary, Most Revd William Avenya, the conference called on the all tiers of government to do more than they were doing to preserve unity of the nation.
CBCN said, “In the face of this Boko Haram group and other criminal militias arming themselves beyond our legitimate government and brazenly killing innocent, defenseless citizens, our government must do more than it is currently doing to safeguard our lives and defend our nation.
“It must do more than it is currently doing to fight off and disarm these actual destroyers of Nigerians and Nigeria. It must do more than it is currently doing to prevent segments of our nation from drifting, anarchy and mutual self-destruction and bring criminals to justice.”
The Bishops warned that what should be uppermost in the programme of government should not be the fight for positions in the 2015 elections but how to guarantee the lives of Nigerians.
The clerics added, “We warn every Nigerian community at local and state levels to be alert to the grave danger facing all of us and our nation from within and from without.
“The issue is not about who becomes president or governor or senator after the 2015 general elections. The issue is about the life and security of every one of us who loves his or her life and really cares about our living together in peace as noble Nigerians.
“We urge therefore that we all support and encourage every positive effort by the current government to protect every Nigerian and defend the integrity and unity of Nigeria. Let us equally take lawful measures locally to prevent the destruction of fellow Nigerians and to ward off Nigeria’s destroyers.”

source:
http://www.punchng.com/news/fg-not-doing-enough-to-prevent-anarchy-catholic-bishops/
If CAN cant speak, someone else will.

1 Like

Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by switsylver: 8:55am On Sep 20, 2014
gift01: Now that the Catholic isn't part of CAN, What is the motive behind this statement? The ulterior motive is what I'm interested in. Hope its not a romance from the Govt they interested in.
I'm sure u re not aware that cathoilcs seized from being a member of CAN as early as 2012. due to one reason or the other the thread was updated again few days ago by a nairalander and I believe that is where u heard the news for the first time
Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by Bublanski: 9:06am On Sep 20, 2014
KENFERDYOORI:
THAT IS DEROGATORY YOU KNOW

Arrest me, Ode! As if this very one is the last insult that will kill the 'President'. Fighting on behalf of someone that is so impervious to tons of abuse home and abroad, to even consider resigning from his post talk-less not running for re-election. Oshi-foriti blind followers!! angry

1 Like

Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by fennels007(m): 9:08am On Sep 20, 2014
is dat what u are able to figure out from the whole passenge? Did u read statement(s) pointing to CAN's saga directly/indirectly? Be logical, my good friend in ur thinking especially trying times like this.

To the point.
Every dick and harry within/outside d country know dat d FG is not doing well. This issue of insecurity seems to overwhelm the FG, and what d FG needs now is IDEA, SUPPORT and COOPERATION from the general public. If other groups/associations could speak out loud this way on every lapse of d FG, d FG will know they are being watched. So many people have been indicted as having connection with the boko haram but d FG kept mute/defended them and no group/association could rise up against d stand of d FG. We need groups/associations to register their voices and the FG should take commensurate actions towards deleting BH and its sympathizers from d face of d earth.

2 Likes

Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by switsylver: 9:13am On Sep 20, 2014
deletrue: Do you know this Bishop is living in Warri, one of the most backward cities and states in term of every thing ranging from VERY BAD roads, umemployment, highly disorganised youths, where indesciple is sleep from year to year? Just name them yourself. Why should he even cough where the government have every opportunity and easily accessable to all resources to increase Warri and indeed Delta to one of the most popular cities in Nigerias?
Go back to read this thread n understand it well before you comment to avoid exhibiting what could be described as illiteracy. That the meeting was held in Warri does not mean that the bishops live there. And the person whose responsibility is to provide a good access road is government not church. As for the poor morality among some warri youths, the blame is on their family n cultural background as well as the customs of their society cos those re foundation on which moral is built through religion. Religion tells u what is right but will never force u to do it. What the bishops has done is their duty, being the voice of the people

1 Like

Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by ayukdaboss(m): 9:17am On Sep 20, 2014
texazzpete:

There is literally nothing in that speech that is geared towards 'encouraging hate'.

I have to say, this is a rather inane comment. You AGREE that the FG isn't doing their best but are condemning the Catholic Bishops for saying the same thing? The 'not doing their best' comment you casually toss out is the difference between life and death for thousands of people.

As for your "what are they even doing", is it not clerics that remain in the North, preaching and evangelizing even in the face of persecution? Do you not read about Pastors being slaughtered monthly? Is that not 'encouragement' enough for you, that many clerics are in the North, leading by example?

The OP clearly states that this is an ANNUAL conference, and has nothing to do with whatever escapades Mr Oritsejafor is up to. Chibok Girls have not been rescued yet. Bama fell. Gwoza remains in Boko Haram hands. Scores have been killed in states that are supposedly under state of emergency. Is there not enough reason to demand more seriousness?

You sound really confused. You think the FG isn't doing the best they can, yet you're angrily tackling those who speak up about it. the same Catholic Bishops that are one of the loudest voices against corruption in Nigeria.
A rather long quote but I endeavoured to read it carefully. The reason why my comment was a confusing one was simply because:
1)I wasn't taking sides with either the clerics or the federal government
2)I was talking generally about Religious Leaders in the country especially those who stray away from their duties and speak evil about other Religions: example is the Redeem Pastor who's audio tape is all over Nigeria as I speak.

Although some of my post derailed a bit I was only trying to express what I felt about the current position of religious leaders in the country . Thank you Chief
Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by switsylver: 9:20am On Sep 20, 2014
san316: Since CAN is an arm of PDP, the Catholic church is now an arm of APC. Atleast, no one can sit on the fence anymore right?
Is this all u can say? The only point u imprivised from the article. Perhaps u shouldn't hv commented

1 Like

Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by Nobody: 9:23am On Sep 20, 2014

I wanted to call u an iddiot... But found out that you are lower than that... So, I give up!! You are a moderator and you are meant to be objective in comments and posts.... But mostly, you make comments that you yourself know will cause problems. But being the clever person you are, you pretend that you are being objective... But You know it will spur sentiments among christian brethren but you will go ahead and make that comment.

1 Like

Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by idoncome: 9:27am On Sep 20, 2014
brownlord: Damn all of them in that so called CNBC, with the kind of intolerance they practice they are worst than boko haram and other enemies of this country, A suppose religious group that won't allow someone else lead them, they pulled out of CAN because someone else Is the president and will return when a Catholic head it right? Why have they not pull out of catholic faith with the drug scandal rocking the Vatican city?

Bloody hypocrites
going by ur statement, does it mean apart from oritsejafor catholic hv been heading CAN since inception? pls can u jst inform me?
Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by switsylver: 9:37am On Sep 20, 2014
ayukdaboss:
A rather long quote but I endeavoured to read it carefully. The reason why my comment was a confusing one was simply because:
1)I wasn't taking sides with either the clerics or the federal government
2)I was talking generally about Religious Leaders in the country especially those who stray away from their duties and speak evil about other Religions: example is the Redeem Pastor who's audio tape is all over Nigeria as I speak.

Although some of my post derailed a bit I was only trying to express what I felt about the current position of religious leaders in the country . Thank you Chief
I'm glad u're gradually learning from the the teachings of Texazzpete. But the point here is about lose of lives due to indolence of the FG. If u hv to unravel the mystery surrounding bokoharam insurgence in relation to FG approach to that act of terrorism not wthstanding the recent findings on it's 'sympathizers', then u will knw that peoples lives re unecessarily sacrified on the alter of selfish politicical greed. LIFE shouldn't be the lamb for such sacrifice and as such u should priotise campaign for total eradication of bokoharam and not religious politics
Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by Billygee2u: 9:46am On Sep 20, 2014
brownlord: Damn all of them in that so called CNBC, with the kind of intolerance they practice they are worst than boko haram and other enemies of this country, A suppose religious group that won't allow someone else lead them, they pulled out of CAN because someone else Is the president and will return when a Catholic head it right? Why have they not pull out of catholic faith with the drug scandal rocking the Vatican city?

Bloody hypocrites
don't mind those wolves in sheep clothing ,molesting children and women since the beginning of Catholic ,a cult in disguise.
How can a Christian religious body, they cl
aim to be, have a society called,' THE NIGHT '?
what does Night signify? it's nothing but, pure DARKNESS .can anything come from darkness ?
Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by Mekky2010: 9:47am On Sep 20, 2014

Bloody hypocrites

They pulled out not because a none Catholic is the head, Prelate of Methodist and Primate of Anglican churches headed CAN for many years yet nobody pulled out, they pulled out because once ur hand is soiled and you get too close to powers that be, you loose the moral authority to speak the truth and scold the government where necessary and the President of CAN should be able to hold his head high, commend the government when it's doing well and blast it where it fails to perform. I am neither a Catholic nor against GEJ, but a leader of that nature is supposed to romance the government with utmost care.

2 Likes

Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by idoncome: 9:51am On Sep 20, 2014
[quote author=ResourceMan]

What is the difference between what you wrote in support of the Catholic Church and what a third party did with pastor Oritshejafor's jet. I am always amazed that some people could be objective and defend what they want to defend, while using the same yardstick for criticizing and hating others.
I am a catholic , but the simple truth is that the Catholic shurch has failed in providing the needed leadership and protection for Nigerian Christians. During the Catholic/Other Orthodox Leadership of CAN, Nigerian christians were slaughtered by muslims for sport and fun and no strong condemnation from CAN.
Since Pastor Ayo Oritshejafor came on-board, he has vehemently opposed the jihardist and even threatened retaliation. Even the dreaded shekau has even made mention of CAN been a problem to them in many of his video.
Out of 63 Catholic Churches in Borno state, 60 have been destroyed and 0nly 3 left as at early this year. You made mention of the new leadership of CAN be more partisan, but you fail to mention the fact that Bishop Kukah of Sokoto diocese is the official clergyman of the FG, he officiates in all government functions and together with Archbishop Onaiyekan and co. laughs with the sultan while Northern Christians are been killed in their numbers. He Bishop Kukah even officiated in Gabriel Igbinedion's birth day some weeks back (How disgusting) and many Catholic Bishops were there singing the Igbinedion's praises to the high heavens.
I now believe that the Catholic Church, pulled out of CAN simply because they loss out of CAN leadership and for your information, Northern Christians will never ever vote for any Catholic or Othordox church leaders to head them ever again.
As a true Catholic, I am not happy with the way Nigerian Catholic Church is going about. The Catholic Church saved the world from the murderous jihardist through the crusaders, but what is happening now?[/quote
am not against u for saying ur opinion but u dnt necessary hv to claim to be catholic for saying ur mind cos u r not. dis is now becoming a norm(am a catholic......bla bla bla).
Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by joseph1832(m): 9:51am On Sep 20, 2014
OmoNwa: Why do I have this feeling that catholic bishops just want to be in the news this period of Ayo saga, the insurgency has been in the country for long, y are they more vocal now A friend once told me that they've never love the fact that non catholic is d CAN president. I doubted it then but now, I don't know what to believe again

Opinions in Nigeria are mostly done for selfish interest and not for d love of d country.
Atleast they are speaking against the blood bath going on in the north east! The question should be asking is: why is the muslim clergy quiet? Why haven't they come out and criticize and lampoon Boko Haram?, why is the muslim ummah so quiet?, why is the Sultan Of Sokoto the pioneer speaker and supporter for amnesty for Boko Haram as quiet as a dead man. These muslims know how to shout and issue death threats when it comes to homosexuality but keep absolutely mute when it comes to killing innocent people. Makes you wonder if these people are sane at all. Religion is a weapon, a weapon that has destroyed more lives than the atomic bomb!.

1 Like

Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by Ironi: 9:51am On Sep 20, 2014
ghananotnaija: Nigeria is a country in name only. There's a savage jungle between the Republic of Benin to Cameroon.

True true, and the Presido does not close his mouth when hugging people.

See how he de hold the man like he want bleep am and the man want to ran away.

I shy sef for this picture o.
Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by IYANGBALI: 9:51am On Sep 20, 2014
The OP clearly states that this is an ANNUAL conference, and has nothing to do with whatever escapades Mr Oritsejafor is up to,they have spoken,you are free to feel whatever you want to feel tongue
Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by IYANGBALI: 9:55am On Sep 20, 2014
Mekky2010:

They pulled out not because a none Catholic is the head, Prelate of Methodist and Primate of Anglican churches headed CAN for many years yet nobody pulled out, they pulled out because once ur hand is soiled and you get too close to powers that be, you loose the moral authority to speak the truth and scold the government where necessary and the President of CAN should be able to hold his head high, commend the government when it's doing well and blast it where it fails to perform. I am neither a Catholic nor against GEJ, but a leader of that nature is supposed to romance the government with utmost care.
you get time answering those blind followers of DJ ayo oritsejafor
Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by ResourceMan(m): 9:58am On Sep 20, 2014
Billygee2u:
don't mind those wolves in sheep clothing ,molesting children and women since the beginning of Catholic ,a cult in disguise.
How can a Christian religious body, they cl
aim to be, have a society called,' THE NIGHT '?
what does Night signify? it's nothing but, pure DARKNESS .can anything come from darkness ?
Na wah o, infact it is not "NIGHT" They are actually called DAWN.
Your ignorance is laughable.
For your information without the Catholic church there will be no Christianity.

1 Like

Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by Billygee2u: 9:59am On Sep 20, 2014
Mekky2010:

I cannot discredit your points ,but the catholic Bishops crying wolves now,what was their reaction since the illicit acts of the Catholic priests were on the news ?what's moral ground have they to correct others ?
Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by Frankestein08(m): 10:02am On Sep 20, 2014
OmoNwa: Why do I have this feeling that catholic bishops just want to be in the news this period of Ayo saga, the insurgency has been in the country for long, y are they more vocal now A friend once told me that they've never love the fact that non catholic is d CAN president. I doubted it then but now, I don't know what to believe again

Opinions in Nigeria are mostly done for selfish interest and not for d love of d country.

Maybe you've not be listening or reading enough cos the Catholic. voice has always been there even before the start of niger delta militants but as nigerians we take everything for granted then come out at the dying minute to find who to blame.
Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by brownlord: 10:03am On Sep 20, 2014
kITATITA:

You seem to jump into conclusion without getting details. First, the Catholic Bishops didn't pull out of CAN at the center because someone else is the head. They pulled out because they felt that the headship of CAN was becoming too subsumed in the political affairs of the government in power, making it difficult for CAN to be able to tell the truth to government in power. Recent happenings tend to sustain the wisdom in the Church position against CAN. Secondly, the Vatican is NOT involved in any drugs scandal and the reports clearly stated so. After servicing a vehicle belonging to the Vatican, two mechanics drove it across the border and stuffed it with drugs believing that the diplomatic number plate will help them escape detection but they were wrong as they were caught. Please try and get details of things and avoid the bandwagon effect.

The Catholic Church is not a perfect organisations. It has long history of doing wrong. But most of the churches that sprang up to correct these wrongs have failed; offering nothing better.

Sir, how do you mean sir, if i'm not mistaken, CAN is suppose to be umbrella for Christians in the country representing the interest of christians, the man Ayo has always criticize govt. for not doing enough to protect Christians in the north who has always been victim of religious war, he also criticize the northern elders, and muslim clerics who he thinks are sympathetic to Boko haram group who has killed thousands of christians, there was a time bomb goes off every sunday in churches and the muslim clerics not doing anything about it, you mean it's wrong for him to condemn and criticize them? I still wonder what is the basis for catholic pulling out of CAN if not jealousy that Ayo is close ally of Jonathan. Can you please tell me when catholic pulled out of CAN? Exactly when Ayo bought private jet, that was when they felt the man was not holy enough, the man was involve in politics et al, can the past CAN leaders come out boldly that they never benefit anything from govt. in power as at when they held this position? I'm no fan of Ayo but this is pure hypocrisy, even if boko haram is tearing the nation apart, you still see Muslims stick together trying to defend their religion that is what leaders do and don't castigate each other in the open because you feel you no longer benefiting from the govt. in power. to those trying to seperate politics from CAN.

https://www.nairaland.com/1853222/oritsejafor-snubbed-sultan-oonaiyekan-others

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2014/08/08/interfaith-conference-muslim-christian-clerics-meet/

I see no other thing they are doing if not for the welfare of christians in Nigeria, christians are killed daily, without muslim condemning the act, the CAN man decide to speak out trying to use his influence with the christian president to protect christians and someone is having a problem with that, even if you don't agree with his life style or mode of dressing, et al which was the reason Catholics give for pulling out, who are they to judge, isn't that why we have different denominations in the christian faith? You have celestial/aladura with their different belief, you have Christ embassy who are different in their mode of dressing with deeper life, you have jehovah witness, you have living faith, redeem and other Pentecostal who believe in anointing oil, holy communion and Tunde bakare will not agree with this, will you now say tunde bakare is no true christian or adeboye is a demon? catholic pray to mary and Pentecostal says they worship idol, does that mean Catholics prayer are not answered by God? sir we should all serve God the way we deem fit and stop the senseless criticism, i'm sure the CAN don't fast or hold crusade together but to meet and discuss the welfare of their members so why do you have to disagree with someone else mood of dressing or life style? if after Ayo's tenure as the CAN president catholics decide to return to CAN and ayo pull out Pentecostal out of the body will you share the same view?

The reason for the security challenges today is because of intolerance, some cabals, will not let the man from the minority rule, thereby sponsor terrorism to destabilize his govt. forgetting he's got only 4 years or 8 years there, the billions we have spent in fighting terrorism if channeled to other resources will have impact on our economy.

live and let live

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Jesus Taught Kenneth Hagin About Authority / Will Your Name Be In The Book Of Life? / 'Thank You Lord' By Paul Enenche: Glory Dome Docu-Music Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.