Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,811 members, 7,889,645 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 05:19 PM

Looking For Builders Advice And Cost Estimate - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Looking For Builders Advice And Cost Estimate (892 Views)

The Concreteman And Other Artisans For Builders / NEED FOR BUILDERS IN THE CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY / China-factory Door-to-door One-stop Sales For Builders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Looking For Builders Advice And Cost Estimate by batuphil(m): 10:25pm On Sep 19, 2014
Nairalander,

Good day y'all,

Please I need you input on this project am thinking of starting.

I have 1.5plot of land in a well developed area in Ibadan and am thinking of building 3 flat/apartment bungalow of 2 bedroom, 2 toilet, 1 shower, 1 sitting room, 1 dinning room, 1 kitchen and storage in each flat.

This land had already been fenced around and there is borehole water supply already on the land.

I intend to build this for rental purpose not for personal use.

This is where I will need you help.
1. I will like to know an average cost, start to finish on this type of project from foundation to painting.
2. I will like to know time frame or say how long it will take if I make it a non stop project.

Your input will be highly appreciated.

Thank you.
Re: Looking For Builders Advice And Cost Estimate by sothanni: 11:00pm On Sep 19, 2014
First of all I will advice you involve a professional in the construction industry so as to guide you through, preferably an architect or a builder to be precise.
Secondly is that to the brief you mentioned (I.e your taste or kind of building you want) the completion and the cost of such brief varies depending on the architecturer design
I will also advice you plan it well before embarking on the construction proper. You can contact me using this email lottunji@yahoo.com or call 08089719614 i am a builder by discipline
Re: Looking For Builders Advice And Cost Estimate by Ymodulus: 11:22pm On Sep 19, 2014
sothanni: First of all I will advice you involve a professional in the construction industry so as to guide you through, preferably an architect or a builder to be precise.
Secondly is that to the brief you mentioned (I.e your taste or kind of building you want) the completion and the cost of such brief varies depending on the architecturer design
I will also advice you plan it well before embarking on the construction proper. You can contact me using this email lottunji@yahoo.com or call 08089719614 i am a builder by discipline

Don't you think a Qs is also an option?

I think only a Qs can give him best advice in respect to cost
Re: Looking For Builders Advice And Cost Estimate by mufutau55(m): 11:23pm On Sep 19, 2014

1 Like

Re: Looking For Builders Advice And Cost Estimate by kopell: 3:58pm On Sep 20, 2014
Batuphil:
Good day y'all,

I have 1.5plot of land in a well developed area in Ibadan and am thinking of building 3 flat/apartment bungalow of 2 bedroom, 2 toilet, 1 shower, 1 sitting room, 1 dinning room, 1 kitchen and storage in each flat.

This land had already been fenced around and there is borehole water supply already on the land.

1. I will like to know an average cost, start to finish on this type of project from foundation to painting.
2. I will like to know time frame or say how long it will take if I make it a non stop project.

Thank you.

@advice seeker
First of all, make sure you have atleast three different quotations from different professionals. After you may have reviewed, analyzed and decided on the quotation, break the contact into atleast three stages. For example from foundation to six courses, from there to lintel, and to roof stages, etc. Please make sure full details of the job that needs to be done is written down on the contract, so you won't have to pay double for the same job later. On your design stage, since this was for commercial purposes you have to be very conservative on the space or on the room sizes to get better return for your investment.
Re: Looking For Builders Advice And Cost Estimate by kopell: 4:09pm On Sep 20, 2014
@advice seeker
First of all, make sure you have atleast three different quotations from different professionals. After you may have reviewed, analyzed and decided on the quotation, break the contact into atleast three stages. For example from foundation to six courses, from there to lintel, and to roof stages, etc. Please make sure full details of the job that needs to be done is written down on the contract, so you won't have to pay double for the same job later. On your design stage, since this was for commercial purposes you have to be very conservative on the space or on the room sizes to get better return for your investment. Have this in mind, you should be very careful in designing an apartment that may include a bathroom in each of the bedrooms. The tenants that rent the apartment, may end up sublisting it as single rooms to others in the same apartment.
Re: Looking For Builders Advice And Cost Estimate by KolaShangOne(m): 7:39am On Sep 21, 2014
batuphil: Nairalander,

Good day y'all,

Thank you.

Hello sir, we construct and we're based in ibadan. I can give you an informed estimate after hearing what U will want installed in the house. What is the nature of the land? Do you want POP or PVC ceiling? Do you want iron/wooden doors? Do you want aluminium roof 0.45 or 0.55?
Plenty other questions you need to answer b4 estimates
Re: Looking For Builders Advice And Cost Estimate by batuphil(m): 7:36am On Sep 25, 2014
Thank you very much for your input. Please what do you mean by Qs?

Ymodulus:

Don't you think a Qs is also an option?

I think only a Qs can give him best advice in respect to cost
Re: Looking For Builders Advice And Cost Estimate by Nobody: 7:38am On Sep 25, 2014
batuphil: Thank you very much for your input. Please what do you mean by Qs?

A Q.S is a quantity surveyor and he/she is responsible for the costing and estimate of a project e.g buildings,roads e.t.c

Regards,
Samuel

1 Like

Re: Looking For Builders Advice And Cost Estimate by batuphil(m): 7:47am On Sep 25, 2014
segzy14:

A Q.S is a quantity surveyor and he/she is responsible for the costing and estimate of a project e.g buildings,roads e.t.c

Regards,
Samuel

Thank you very much.

I am open to ideas and suggestions. Am hoping to start as soon as I get a satisfied information.

My contact detail is batuphil@yahoo.com.

Thank you all.
Re: Looking For Builders Advice And Cost Estimate by Ymodulus: 8:31am On Sep 25, 2014
batuphil: Thank you very much for your input. Please what do you mean by Qs?

quantity surveyor

(1) (Reply)

Do You Know That With Just 180,000 As Initial Investment You Can Be A Land Owner / Property Management Services / Land And Flat For Sale In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.