Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,702 members, 7,914,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 01:13 PM

Please Help Me With Clarification Of Odometer - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please Help Me With Clarification Of Odometer (21024 Views)

Help!!! Odometer and Speedometer Stop Working / What Will Happen To The Odometer Of A Vehicle If The Engine Is Replaced??? / Odometer: Kilometer Vs Miles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help Me With Clarification Of Odometer by abatically(m): 7:34pm On Sep 21, 2014
CityNG: Here's the instrument cluster of MY09 Jetta, it's a world car.

The superior measurement is in bold and clearly labeled.

However, you can use VAGCOM to change the odometer readings from KPH to MPH and vice versa. It will auto calculate the correct readings and also indicate miles or kilometer on the odometer so that there's no confusion.

PS: Yes I need to detail my car, I've been neglectful and I hang my head in shame grin

I wonder why Americans don't wanna adopt the metric system as used in most countries. Miles instead of kilometers, °F instead of °C
Re: Please Help Me With Clarification Of Odometer by Nobody: 7:48pm On Sep 21, 2014
abatically:

I wonder why Americans don't wanna adopt the metric system as used in most countries. Miles instead of kilometers, °F instead of °C

As in eeeh! Their way no pure at all. Dem wan claim truly independent of all others.
Re: Please Help Me With Clarification Of Odometer by Nobody: 8:25pm On Sep 21, 2014
abatically:

It even goes further than that.

We also measure in feet and inches grin

PS: Does any other country follow daylight changing times?
Re: Please Help Me With Clarification Of Odometer by abatically(m): 9:02pm On Sep 21, 2014
CityNG:

It even goes further than that.

We also measure in feet and inches grin

PS: Does any other country follow daylight changing times?

If u mean daylight saving then yes, in the UK it normally starts in April and ends in October when their time is advanced by 1 hour.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me With Clarification Of Odometer by Coolgent(m): 11:29pm On Sep 22, 2016
nurey:
I don't know whether my odometer reads in miles or km, I need you to help me clarify how to know whether my odo is reading miles or km and explanation how to differentiate both

Pix attached is for my trip A and total trips. Thanks in advance.
I just confirmed its Miles not kilometres.
You can reset trip A and cover a known distance, u wil see that its mile not km
Re: Please Help Me With Clarification Of Odometer by Kjnwancaro: 11:30am On Feb 15, 2017
Coolgent:

I just confirmed its Miles not kilometres.
You can reset trip A and cover a known distance, u wil see that its mile not km

How did you confirm? You people are just confusing somebody

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which Pickup Truck Is D Most Efficient / This Is What Bad Fuel Will Do To Your Car: 7 Effects Of Bad Fuel In Your Car / Euro/American Vs Asian Cars (Reliability, Durability & Performance)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.