Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,065 members, 7,899,811 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 08:16 PM

Mutual Funds - Investment (102) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Mutual Funds (991449 Views)

Top 10 Mutual Fund Managers In Nigeria / Mutual Funds In Nigeria: Please Share Your Experience / Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (327) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mutual Funds by Redeemed(f): 7:52am On Aug 18, 2018
Hello house.

Please what is the current interest rate of Stanbic MMF? I just want to be sure because i have an account with them and it seems the interest rate has dropped from 12%.
Re: Mutual Funds by jujutom(m): 9:06am On Aug 18, 2018
Redeemed:
Hello house.

Please what is the current interest rate of Stanbic MMF? I just want to be sure because i have an account with them and it seems the interest rate has dropped from 12%.

11.41% as at today 18th Aug 2018
Re: Mutual Funds by Redeemed(f): 11:15am On Aug 18, 2018
Thank you for your prompt response.

jujutom:

11.41% as at today 18th Aug 2018
Re: Mutual Funds by ojoh002(m): 12:18pm On Aug 18, 2018
Who can answer this?

brainhack:

Please what’s your take on Axa-mansard’s Annual management fee (1.25%). Is it on the interest accrued or it includes the principal.

1.25% of N5,000,000 = N62,500
1.25% of N10,000,000 = N125,000
1.25% of N50,000,000 = N625,000

If its includes the principle hmmm. What happens if MM instruments stays on course with this nose dive and lands between 6-8%. We would surely feel that 1.25% oo.

Anybody that has the answer should please clarify.

Re: Mutual Funds by mizGene(f): 5:46pm On Aug 18, 2018
Hi guys, pls what exactly is Stanbic's mgt fee for MMF?
Re: Mutual Funds by grosy: 9:55pm On Aug 18, 2018
pls I need answer if I invest 1000000 million wit stabic ibtc money market what is my interest? for 1yr thank
Re: Mutual Funds by fabulous2000(m): 10:39pm On Aug 18, 2018
grosy:
pls I need answer if I invest 1000000 million wit stabic ibtc money market what is my interest? for 1yr thank
this ur imaginary million.... it's not even pronouncable... lol..

6 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by alezzy13: 5:10am On Aug 19, 2018
yak:
FBN is the worst. when u even enter any firstbank branch n mention Mutual fund they'll be looking at u like u missed road.
I remember the last time I was at one of the branches in 2015, the woman directed me to mutual benefits office adjacent them

shocked grin grin
Re: Mutual Funds by chimex38: 9:43am On Aug 19, 2018
eezeribe:
Hello prospective investors, if you are interested in opening a Stanbic IBTC Money market fund, if you need guidance on how to fill the form, I have a PDF copy of an already filled form from STANBIC bank herself, the form serves as a guiding template.
It is free of charge. Happy Sunday.
Plssir, send to chimex.roland@gmail.com..
I appreciate your good works so far..
Re: Mutual Funds by chimex38: 9:58am On Aug 19, 2018
ronnyboo:

Why first bank dey like this? So archaic! Ah! Don't they see what their mates do? I even regret the savings insurance I started with them some months back for the same reason of poor technological advancements.
They do have their rates online na..

https://fbnquest.com/asset-management/fund-prices-and-performance/?nav=

Modified :
u guys were talking ant online redemption not online rates.. I grab the just now..
Don't mind the post
Re: Mutual Funds by RAY12345(m): 7:21pm On Aug 19, 2018
beyolah:
I have a Stanbic MMF account and Axamansard.
To be sincere, I'm enjoying Axamansard more.

*I did everything online; opening account, submitting my documents and funding my account. They also have an app.

*I've made withdrawals and I get them before 24hours.
My first withdrawal dropped in my account on the same day.
My last withdrawal request was at night, I got the money after close of work the next day
They treat withdrawal requests that come in after 1:30pm the next day

*They respond promptly to emails and I've even requested a call back, which they did. Infact, my line didn't go through so they sent an email requesting for alternate number to reach me on.

The only but so far is that when I try to top up my account through the app, they include some transaction charges. To avoid this, I use their web page, I discovered its free from the webpage .

Cc
irookie
Druss
Brainhack
Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 7:30pm On Aug 19, 2018
fabulous2000:

this ur imaginary million.... it's not even pronouncable... lol..

One million million cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by brainhack(m): 11:47pm On Aug 19, 2018
mizGene:
Hi guys, pls what exactly is Stanbic's mgt fee for MMF?

I have had Stanbic’s MMF for over 5years and I haven’t seen any deduction in my account (well apart from withdrawals i made myself).

It is logical that they offer MM instruments to us at a rate lesser than they get them. I stand to be corrected, I don’t think account management fee is charged to any account afterwards because the rates publicized are already net of management fees.

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by brainhack(m): 12:00am On Aug 20, 2018
ojoh002:
Who can answer this?

When someone or a group of people are being evasive about an aspect of the thing under consideration, it is a “gaint-big” red flag for me. I even tried reaching out to Axa-mansard people regarding their MMF’s “management fee” and still did not get any answer.

If the 1.25% is chargeable on the whole account (Principal + Interest) thats a big WAWU. It makes their rates significantly less attractive compared to that of their competitors; so goodluck to them.

Anyway I have decided pitch my tent with FBN. I should be able to complete all the necessary this coming week.
Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 9:17am On Aug 20, 2018
I thought Stanbic mmf people here claimed the top up will reflect within 48 hours
HOw can I top up since 17th of August and up till this moment it’s not reflecting undecided
Or it’s because of weekend?
Re: Mutual Funds by ronnyboo(m): 12:26pm On Aug 20, 2018
4601CE:
I thought Stanbic mmf people here claimed the top up will reflect within 48 hours
HOw can I top up since 17th of August and up till this moment it’s not reflecting undecided
Or it’s because of weekend?

Yes it's cos of the weekend. It will most likely reflect at the close of today's market

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by civilserva: 4:28pm On Aug 20, 2018
I noticed fewer interest in ARM MM even though being among the oldest investment company, is there any reported issue them? i want nto know as i have account with them
Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 8:27pm On Aug 20, 2018
brainhack:

When someone or a group of people are being evasive about an aspect of the thing under consideration, it is a “gaint-big” red flag for me. I even tried reaching out to Axa-mansard people regarding their MMF’s “management fee” and still did not get any answer.

If the 1.25% is chargeable on the whole account (Principal + Interest) thats a big WAWU. It makes their rates significantly less attractive compared to that of their competitors; so goodluck to them.

Anyway I have decided pitch my tent with FBN. I should be able to complete all the necessary this coming week.

This has been ironed out before now. The rates quoted are net of charges
Re: Mutual Funds by AbbyE: 8:45pm On Aug 20, 2018
brainhack:

We have answered this question a lot of times , rates are net of charges.
Re: Mutual Funds by yemisolar(m): 9:46pm On Aug 20, 2018
Any of you guys considered Renmoney? Their rate is about 14%for 1m and above.
Re: Mutual Funds by brainhack(m): 11:20pm On Aug 20, 2018
rationalmind:

This has been ironed out before now. The rates quoted are net of charges

AbbyE:

We have answered this question a lot of times , rates are net of charges.

Yes, everyone’s rate seems to be net of charges but I don’t want to assume that Axa-mansard’s “Annual Management fee” has already been charged to the rate publicized and such wont be chargable to your account at any point in time.

I wouldn’t also advise anybody to go ahead under an assumption except you are confirming this as their staff or someone that got firsthand information from them or someone that have had MMF account with Axa-mansard for over a year and they have never charged you Annual management fee.

So please just for clarity, which of the above category do you fall in.

Re: Mutual Funds by naijaobi(m): 7:01am On Aug 21, 2018
Hi everyone,
Is the recent increase for top up by stanbic mmf also applicable to those that opened account via mobile app?
Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 7:19am On Aug 21, 2018
brainhack:

Yes, everyone’s rate seems to be net of charges but I don’t want to assume that Axa-mansard’s “Annual Management fee” has already been charged to the rate publicized and such wont be chargable to your account at any point in time.

I wouldn’t also advise anybody to go ahead under an assumption except you are confirming this as their staff or someone that got firsthand information from them or someone that have had MMF account with Axa-mansard for over a year and they have never charged you Annual management fee.

So please just for clarity, which of the above category do you fall in.

Please read through the page below

https://www.nairaland.com/1912965/mutual-funds/70
Re: Mutual Funds by Engr2000: 10:19am On Aug 21, 2018
yemisolar:
Any of you guys considered Renmoney? Their rate is about 14%for 1m and above.

Good deal for fixed deposit... even the 14% is for 90 days.
Re: Mutual Funds by alezzy13: 11:14am On Aug 21, 2018
irookie:

Nice debate to deliberate on

Things I look for while choosing which MMF (in no particular order)
1. Interest Rate.
2. Managers credibility (me too no wan hear "shoot bird mama fly" )
2. Management fees.
3. Easy cash out.

I plan to run 3 diff MMF along with my TB (now i have 2 stanbic and Investment one, would have opted for FBN but i get personal beef with them) STABIC dey fall my hand wella just hoping they improve.

still following this thread to first hand info from persons that has an active account with other funds manager (I don't really believe in any staff words cos my myself know how to sell my opinion to my wife grin

I'd would be great if more investors in each of the different platforms share their experiences.

That's what made the TBill thread a great reference point. ie first hand experience from users and not marketers
Re: Mutual Funds by brainhack(m): 5:58pm On Aug 21, 2018
rationalmind:

Please read through the page below

https://www.nairaland.com/1912965/mutual-funds/70

rationalmind:

Mansard is also net of fees, just confirmed.

Cc: Megacontrol

you still didn’t say how you came about this info. Please do you have a mail from Axa-mansard supporting this claim or have you been investing in their MMF for over a year?

I just got off the phone with a friend that works with Axa-mansard. He stated that yes the rates published are net of charges but at some point later the Annual Management Fee (1.25%) would be deducted from your account.

He has promised to get back with an official response when work resumes because he is presently unsure whether it is deducted at a particular time of the year or when an event is triggered (eg payout).

I would be sure to relay this if he gets back to me with more info. As I stated before I won’t invest under an assumption and wouldn’t advise anybody to do so until the assumption become a fact (bring your strong evidence).

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 6:26pm On Aug 21, 2018
brainhack:

Bro, you still didn’t say how you came about this info. Please do you have a mail from Axa-mansard supporting this claim or have you been investing in their MMF for over a year?

I just got off the phone with a friend that works with Axa-mansard. He stated that yes the rates published are net of charges but at some point later the Annual Management Fee (1.25%) would be deducted from your account.

He has promised to get back with an official response when work resumes because he is presently unsure whether it is deducted at a particular time of the year or when an event is triggered (eg payout).

I would be sure to relay this if he gets back to me with more info. As I stated before I won’t invest under an assumption and wouldn’t advise anybody to do so until the assumption become a fact (bring your strong evidence).

You know, you remind me of my days arguing in the religion section. What exactly qualifies as strong evidence?

If I tell you I have a mail from them and even share the mail, it's no evidence it wasn't doctored. I could simply be a marketer for them, using all the tricks in the book to bring you in

And if it's me telling you I've been with them for a year and wasn't charged, you may ask me to share my account statement for that year showing I wasn't debited. Of course even if I share, it's still no evidence, I could have doctored it.

It's good you're making your own independent enquiry. It appears it's the only thing that qualifies as evidence and not what I post here.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mutual Funds by RealityShot: 8:15pm On Aug 21, 2018
rationalmind:

You know, you remind me of my days arguing in the religion section. What exactly qualifies as strong evidence?

If I tell you I have a mail from them and even share the mail, it's no evidence it wasn't doctored. I could simply be a marketer for them, using all the tricks in the book to bring you in

And if it's me telling you I've been with them for a year and wasn't charged, you may ask me to share my account statement for that year showing I wasn't debited. Of course even if I share, it's still no evidence, I could have doctored it.

It's good you're making your own independent enquiry. It appears it's the only thing that qualifies as evidence and not what I post here.

no one can put it better.. Well said
Re: Mutual Funds by brainhack(m): 9:20pm On Aug 21, 2018
rationalmind:

It is not a big matter. Sorry if you feel offended. I would have killed the matter if you said you have had an account with them for over a year or you received a mail from them or you are a staff. That passes my strong evidence test already; It doesn’t take much to satisfy my doubt but you have still on still you have failed to tell us how you got this info though.

This is not an indeterminable matter such as religion, that would result to a frivolous and never ending argument. it is as simple as black and white. Its all about the numbers here and numbers are exact and can’t tell a lie by theirself.

I honestly really don’t care to be right or wrong here, it wouldn’t add to my funds. Its just that my rationalmind didnt just see any reason for Axa-mansard to state their Annual Management fee for emphasis if their rates are already net of all* charges and fees. I’m secretly hoping you are correct though.

Some people would use the info you post here now or in the future, it wouldn’t hurt to give them basis of your conclusions would it.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by AbbyE: 9:43pm On Aug 21, 2018
brainhack:

Bro, you still didn’t say how you came about this info. Please do you have a mail from Axa-mansard supporting this claim or have you been investing in their MMF for over a year?

Lol are you sure your friend actually works for them ?
Because I've had an AXAMansard account since last year April(17 months) and no separate deduction has been made
Re: Mutual Funds by brainhack(m): 9:50pm On Aug 21, 2018
AbbyE:

Lol are you sure your friend actually works for them ?
Because I've had an AXAMansard account since last year April(17 months) and no separate deduction has been made

Thats all i wanted to hear cheesy

Yeah he does. 100% sure. There are GTB staffs that can’t provide simple account info such as their card rate for dollar and they go to work everyday; they don’t even know how to get the info for you if asked lol. So my first question to him was if he had a MMF account with his employer which he confirmed in affirmative.

Anyways thanks for your response. Much appreciated.
Re: Mutual Funds by enque(f): 10:09pm On Aug 21, 2018
Hello house...

Happy celebrations...

Who uses fbnquest? Any need to go to their physical office to open an mmf acct?

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (327) (Reply)

MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread / Treasury Bills In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.