Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,619 members, 7,948,380 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 07:44 PM

Mutual Funds - Investment (228) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Mutual Funds (1011456 Views)

Top 10 Mutual Fund Managers In Nigeria / Mutual Funds In Nigeria: Please Share Your Experience / Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) ... (333) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mutual Funds by Dsticks47(m): 8:53pm On Mar 03, 2020
amosfunmi:
Good evening all,
can someone please help me with the GTB ussd code to top up my investment one Abacus acct. Thank you
Dial *737*50*Amount*83# and provide your Abacus customer number
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 9:35am On Mar 04, 2020
Redoil:
It seems that union trustees mixed fund have disappeard into thin air.
Though it has changed different mangers with the last manager being cdl asset.
As for sterling registrar, they have removed it from their website.
What can i do to get my money back
Ernie4life ur attention is needed here

There is information from new managers of Union Trustees mixed fund. Check the attached.

Re: Mutual Funds by ogmask: 11:54am On Mar 04, 2020
ernie4life:

Yea both capital and interest is gguaranteed.the interest rate is 10%

Hello Brother,

please can you shed some light on the newly launched ARM eurobond fund?
Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 12:53pm On Mar 04, 2020
ogmask:

Hello Brother,

please can you shed some light on the newly launched ARM eurobond fund?

ARM launched their euro bond fund sometime in February 2020, so for now there is no historical performance to quote but from their expectations the believe it will give returns higher than your normal dorm account or dollar fixed deposit.

The beauty of all Eurobond fund includes
Professionally managed
More liquidity that Eurobonds
Low Entry amount( ARM should be $1,000 am not sure)
Flexibility ( easy entry easy exit)

Its a good offer if you ask me but please ensure you get first hand information from the fund manager,
ask all the question that needs to be asked before you invest.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by ogmask: 1:40pm On Mar 04, 2020
ernie4life:

ARM launched their euro bond fund sometime in February 2020, so for now there is no historical performance to quote but from their expectations the believe it will give returns higher than your normal dorm account or dollar fixed deposit.

Professionally managed

Its a good offer if you ask me but please ensure you get first hand information from the fund manager,

Thanks brother.
Did some research on it a while ago but still confuse on the exact ROI per annum.
Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 1:48pm On Mar 04, 2020
ogmask:

Thanks brother.
Did some research on it a while ago but still confuse on the exact ROI per annum.

I think their forecast is between 4-5% or so
Re: Mutual Funds by ogmask: 2:06pm On Mar 04, 2020
ernie4life:

I think their forecast is between 4-5% or so

thanks alot brother.
Re: Mutual Funds by Pr0cter: 3:49pm On Mar 04, 2020
Please what's the problem. Why is Stanbic IBTC MMF doing at 5%.

Someone should explain to me what's happening. It use to be at 12% as at December

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 4:53pm On Mar 04, 2020
Pr0cter:

Someone should explain to me what's happening. It use to be at 12% as at December

Rates are down vis a vis Tbills rates which in turn shows the current economic realities of the country. So the problem is not really peculiar to IBTC though there are some MM rates slightly higher. In generally, almost all if not all MMFs are on single rates as at today. As a way to diversify, You can invest in VGIF manage by investment one which is another form of mutual fund in the fixed income category. Check my signature for more details.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by faoogoke(m): 5:11pm On Mar 04, 2020
emmasoft:

Are you saying that the current economic realities does not affect not affect VGIF? In what way(s) is VGIF isolated from the current economic realities?

Rates are down vis a vis Tbills rates which in turn shows the current economic realities of the country. So the problem is not really peculiar to IBTC though there are some MM rates slightly higher. In generally, almost all if not all MMFs are on single rates as at today. As a way to diversify, You can invest in VGIF manage by investment one which is another form of mutual fund in the fixed income category. Check my signature for more details.
Re: Mutual Funds by A305: 5:33pm On Mar 04, 2020
Pr0cter:

Too much money supply in the money market with few demand. That is what is happening.

This means; The Nigeria economy at present is very healthy and stable.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 5:47pm On Mar 04, 2020
[quote author=faoogoke post=87165921][/quote]

I didn't say so. I mentioned VGIF as a way of diversification to other forms of mutual funds. Basically VGIF is a different category of mutual funds. It has a fixed rate bench marked with sdf which is guaranteed, unlike mmf that rates are controlled by TBills rates particularly the 91 days tenor.
Here are Facts of VGIF once again:
Vantage Guaranteed Income Fund
FUND Fact
Minimum Subscription: N50,000 Additional investment can be made in multiples of N1.00
Fund Objective: To provide capital preservation and a stream of guaranteed income
Financial Year End: December
Fund Category: Fixed Income
Asset Classes: Money Market, Fixed Income and Equities
Fund Manager: Investment One Funds Management Limited
(A subsidiary of Investment One Financial Services Limited)
Fund Trustees: First Trustees Nigeria Limited
Fund Custodian: Stanbic IBTC Custodians
Fund Registrars: First Registrars & Investor Services Limited
Nominees: Stanbic IBTC Nominees Limited

FeaturesBenefits
VGIF offers a guaranteed return which is benchmarked against SDF (Standard Deposit Facility)
Returns are paid in January and July.
The return on investment is not subject to withholding tax.
Investors may also earn an additional yield equal to 35% of the net income of the Fund
The investment can be used as collateral for loan from banks.
Re: Mutual Funds by Pr0cter: 7:00pm On Mar 04, 2020
emmasoft:

How much is their interest rate per annum
Re: Mutual Funds by Pr0cter: 7:01pm On Mar 04, 2020
A305:
Too much money supply in the money market with few demand. That is what is happening.

This means; The Nigeria economy at present is very healthy and stable.

Hmm really, I taught the stability of the economy should plummet the MMF interest rate?
Re: Mutual Funds by A305: 7:23pm On Mar 04, 2020
Pr0cter:

Hmm really, I taught the stability of the economy should plummet the MMF interest rate?
It works like a ripple effect. A viable/healthy economy funds itself but non healthy/unstable economy borrows money to keep economic activities going.

Now think of these financial instruments such as Tbills, bonds, stocks etc as being in parnership or lending to the real BIG players investors to keep business going - when profit is made, they pay you back in interest percentage as agreed.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by Pr0cter: 7:38pm On Mar 04, 2020
A305:
It works like a ripple effect. A viable/healthy economy funds itself but non healthy/unstable economy borrows money to keep economic activities going.

Now think of these financial instruments such as Tbills, bonds, stocks etc as being in parnership or lending to real players investors to keep business going - when profit is made, they pay you back in interest percentage as agreed.

They were paying me back with an interest rate of 12% per an um last year. Your assertions isn't convincing enough
Re: Mutual Funds by A305: 7:53pm On Mar 04, 2020
Pr0cter:

They were paying me back with an interest rate of 12% per an um last year. Your assertions isn't convincing enough
let's assume I am totally wrong, so why did the percentage change from 12% last year to 5% first quarter of this year?
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 9:01pm On Mar 04, 2020
[quote author=Pr0cter post=87168717]

How much is their interest rate per annum[/quote

8.5%

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 9:08pm On Mar 04, 2020
Pr0cter:

Please note: I'm not trying to convince you. I'm telling you the realities on ground. You can check up yourself by reading more pages on this thread listen to economy news, ask your bank and visit IBTC office I'm sure you will be more than convince by then.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 9:11pm On Mar 04, 2020
A305:
let's assume I am totally wrong, so why did the percentage change from 12% last year to 5% first quarter of this year?

I just told you why and you said it's not convincing enough. So what are you expecting?
Re: Mutual Funds by amosfunmi(m): 9:54pm On Mar 04, 2020
Dsticks47:

Dial *737*50*Amount*83# and provide your Abacus customer number
Thanks
Re: Mutual Funds by baroun04(m): 10:59pm On Mar 04, 2020
[quote author=ernie4life post=87158458]

Professionally managed

Ernie, please help me Annalise,if it 3% per annum, $1000 per month will be cause to transfer might gulp ₦15000, so one can see it's recovery time
Re: Mutual Funds by Dsticks47(m): 5:33am On Mar 05, 2020
amosfunmi:

Thanks
You are welcome.
Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 12:10pm On Mar 05, 2020
[quote author=baroun04 post=87174444][/quote]

I don't understand your question but let me assume that you are asking i should analyze the effective return of a $1,000 invested for a year at an interest of 3% taking into consideration transfer charges .

Principal= $1,000 + initial transfer charge lets assume its $25= total cost of investment =$1,025.

Interest accrued for the year at the rate of 3%= $30

Upon redemption you are most likely going to also incur cost of transfer which could still be $25

Effective return will be 1,000+30-(1000+25+25)= $980

Effectively you are making a loss based on the above assumption but i doubt if the cost of transfer will be that high and also i feel the return will be higher than 3%.

Your recovery time will be about 2 years

Please the information above are based on assumptions and so should not be a basis for taking investment decisions.

Before you invest, please confirm the cost of transfer also confirm if they will charge you again when you want to redeem,
Also find out what the forecast is and compare if its okay with you
Re: Mutual Funds by Phranky1: 12:14am On Mar 06, 2020
Dear Pimpo,

Has the below issue been resolved?

Please advise those waiting to invest?

pimpo:

Please can you explain how VGIF works? It appears not be like a money market fund in terms of accrual of daily yield. The daily price list available on investment one's website states that yield has been around 10% but an investment of 5mil has brought just 5k after a month. Kindly enlighten me. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by just2endowed: 7:36am On Mar 06, 2020
amosfunmi:
Good evening all,
can someone please help me with the GTB ussd code to top up my investment one Abacus acct. Thank you

What's the rate for this abbacus investment one?
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 10:16am On Mar 06, 2020
Phranky1:

Dear Pimpo,

Has the below issue been resolved?

Please advise those waiting to invest?

Check the previous page ie 227 explanation is given right there.
Re: Mutual Funds by globalresource: 11:33am On Mar 06, 2020
A305:

Now think of these financial instruments such as Tbills, bonds, stocks etc as being in parnership or lending to the real BIG players investors to keep business going - when profit is made, they pay you back in interest percentage as agreed.

Chairman wake up. Are u aware of the 22 billion dollars Buhari want to borrow without even informing the house what it is meant for?

Healthy ko, healthy ni

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mutual Funds by Dsticks47(m): 1:25pm On Mar 06, 2020
Interest rate as at today.

For Abacus, VGIF, VDF, High Yield subscription check my signature.

Re: Mutual Funds by Boyhood: 3:21pm On Mar 06, 2020
Money is NOT the most important thing in life but you definitely need money to do the most important things in life.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by U1(m): 5:59pm On Mar 08, 2020
There's something I need anyone to explain more to me, please.

Is there any sort of safeguards when dealing with institutions dealing in mutual funds and securities?

To make this clearer, if someone invested in mutual funds or securities in Company A and, maybe a few years later, the company folded. What happens to the investment you made in or through it?

CC: ernie4life, emmasoft...
Re: Mutual Funds by Mama4life(f): 6:32pm On Mar 08, 2020
Please does anyone here know of PETDRILL? Their private placement was handled by AIM security Limited in December 2009? My husband purchased units worth #125,000. We haven't heard from them till date.

(1) (2) (3) ... (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) ... (333) (Reply)

MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread / Treasury Bills In Nigeria

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.