Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,107 members, 7,887,223 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 02:14 AM

Mutual Funds - Investment (324) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Mutual Funds (986621 Views)

Top 10 Mutual Fund Managers In Nigeria / Mutual Funds In Nigeria: Please Share Your Experience / Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mutual Funds by olig(m): 3:42pm On Jun 23
Investments can not be tracked online. That is not included on their website yet.
But one can request for his/statement (free of charge) at any time.

NOTE: I am not in any way affiliated with GT o.
Just curious why I have not seen anything on it from page 1 to this.

VeeInsider:

Is there a way to track one's investment when using GT?
Re: Mutual Funds by olig(m): 3:44pm On Jun 23
Yes!
Limited information as most interesting parts are not online/live.

Though they send the weekly rates per email.

VeeInsider:

It is written as Gross on the image. There's limited information about them.
Re: Mutual Funds by olig(m): 3:46pm On Jun 23
Yes!
Management fee is 1%
Then, Net should be 19.72%

toyeoye:

Confirm the Net. That's the actual percentage you want to know and compare.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 5:44pm On Jun 23
olig:
Here is the recent GT Fund performance.

Why can't I find any information on GT Fund Managers on this thread? Does anyone else have experience with them?

Read from the link below:
https://nairametrics.com/2022/02/07/investment-one-financial-services-limited-sells-its-mutual-fund-and-pension-subsidiaries-to-guaranty-trust-holding-company-plc/

It will give you an idea.

When Investment One sold its mutual fund business to GTBank, GT fund managers came into being, as GTB decided to have a HOLDCo structure. What you have as GT MMF today, used to be called Abacus money market fund.

It would be ethically wrong to share other details about why you don't hear or see any posts about them here because it would amount to demarketing.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by toyeoye(m): 5:49pm On Jun 23
olig:
Yes!
Management fee is 1%
Then, Net should be 19.72%

Yea not bad
Re: Mutual Funds by olig(m): 6:29pm On Jun 23
Thank you very much for this.

I am interested in knowing more about "the why".

emmasoft:

Read from the link below:
https://nairametrics.com/2022/02/07/investment-one-financial-services-limited-sells-its-mutual-fund-and-pension-subsidiaries-to-guaranty-trust-holding-company-plc/

It will give you an idea.

When Investment One sold its mutual fund business to GTBank, GT fund managers came into being, as GTB decided to have a HOLDCo structure. What you have as GT MMF today, used to be called Abacus money market fund.

It would be ethically wrong to share other details about why you don't hear or see any posts about them here because it would amount to demarketing.
Re: Mutual Funds by VeeInsider: 6:57pm On Jun 23
Batman2412:
Attached photo is the reason I asked.

Regarding United Capital Tier 2 account, what's the minimum withdrawal amount for someone who invested in their MMF?
Re: Mutual Funds by Batman2412(m): 4:54am On Jun 24
₦1,000
VeeInsider:

Regarding United Capital Tier 2 account, what's the minimum withdrawal amount for someone who invested in their MMF?
Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 9:33am On Jun 24
olig:
Here is the recent GT Fund performance.

Why can't I find any information on GT Fund Managers on this thread? Does anyone else have experience with them?

Their customer services is one of the worst right now.
Re: Mutual Funds by NL1960: 10:11am On Jun 24
ernie4life:

They took over a thriving business from Investment One and completely messed it up. I had to quickly withdraw all my funds that they took over from Investment One and bailed to StanbicIBTC MMF.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by freeman67: 10:19am On Jun 24
ernie4life:

Everything about them is bad. There is more to mutual funds than just posting profit. Imagine common to creat an app or better still a website where investors can monitor their funds they can't. Some Asset Management like United Capital and Stanbic IBTC have both apps and website where customer can monitor their account. The investment one they took over from use to have an app but since they took over everything changed. Contact their customer service today for anything no matter how urgent you will get your reply 3 days after it could be upto 5 days if you are not lucky.
Re: Mutual Funds by olig(m): 12:04pm On Jun 24
I see!
Although they have been responding very well with me, so far.

I have been with them before I discover this thread.

I asked them sometimes last week why no online monitoring platform, they told me they are currently working on it and will be out soon.

@NL1960
@freman 67
Thanks for your responses.

I discovered this thread after being with them. Since then, I have been curious (1) why nothing was mentioned about GT Fund here (2) why not live online. That was why I had to ask them.

Thank you everyone for your contributions here. They are really beneficial. I wish I discovered this many years ago. But is better late than never

ernie4life:

Re: Mutual Funds by VeeInsider: 3:20pm On Jun 24
Batman2412:
₦1,000

N1,000 as withdrawal amount? Wow. This is strange
Re: Mutual Funds by VeeInsider: 3:28pm On Jun 24
olig:
I see!
Although they have been responding very well with me, so far.

I have been with them before I discover this thread.

I asked them sometimes last week why no online monitoring platform, they told me they are currently working on it and will be out soon.

@NL1960
@freman 67
Thanks for your responses.

I discovered this thread after being with them. Since then, I have been curious (1) why nothing was mentioned about GT Fund here (2) why not live online. That was why I had to ask them.

Thank you everyone for your contributions here. They are really beneficial. I wish I discovered this many years ago. But is better late than never

How do you withdraw from them?
Re: Mutual Funds by olig(m): 3:59pm On Jun 24
I have not withdrawn. I started 3 about months ago.

I asked them before now and I was told I need to fill the liquidation form and send to them. 1 to 3 days to process it (I think 🤔; i can't remember the exact).

VeeInsider:

How do you withdraw from them?
Re: Mutual Funds by Batman2412(m): 10:31pm On Jun 24
It's the minimum withdrawal amount
VeeInsider:

N1,000 as withdrawal amount? Wow. This is strange
Re: Mutual Funds by freeman67: 10:20am On Jun 25
olig:
I have not withdrawn. I started 3 about months ago.

I asked them before now and I was told I need to fill the liquidation form and send to them. 1 to 3 days to process it (I think 🤔; i can't remember the exact).

About the online access, I asked them in July 2022 and they told me they were working on it. That it will soon be out and uptill now they are still working on it. That does not show any sign of seriousness. They must not even have an app just a web portal will do. I am using morgan capital as my broker and can confidently recommend it to anybody with just their itrade webportal.

About withdrawal maybe they can keep up with that 1-3 days promise. It's only when there is a trail that you will be convinced. Not to discourage you ooo because you are already with them but you have to know them and prepare your mind so you won't get frustrated. Also, having a better service will be a bonus for you.

Even more viable firms like Stanbic, FBNquest and United Capital most times do not treat it the unautomated request that fast as quoted. While, you will get your funds within 3 - 24 hours after withdrawal request through the automated route if everything is rightly done from your end, going through filling of liquidation form request takes longer time with back and forth. I tried it with InvestmentOne's Vantage Dollar Fund before it was moved to GT and it took me about 2 weeks with serious craze/display in their office before I could get my fund in my account. Maybe because is VDF sha. They might have changed now sha because it's a new management. Also, individual experience will definitely be different.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by olig(m): 12:15pm On Jun 25
I get the point. It is still okay by me for now. Since my fund is save.

Please, how reliable is the Morgan Capital? Opening an account with Stanbic IBTC stock brokerage is tiring. I first spent many weeks before I could submit my application; it kept returning error. I contacted them and they said they will communicate with their IT. Many days passed, no response. I contacted them again, and again. I was only able to submit when I changed my Next of Kin address to the same address that I used. I wonder if it is a must for me and my next of kin to live in the same address.
After submission, I only got a notification that they will get back within 2 days. Many day passed, no response or confirmation of opening. I contacted them after like a week and they apologised and asked why I chose "others" in the source of investment. I explained to them and they said they will get back to me. The last communication was Friday last week. Since then, silence again.
I am getting tired of them. I just like them, but they are discouraging me now. I initially thought I will go with United Capital, because I just opened a MMF with them now.

I always prefer brockers and Fund Managers with parent bank or other affiliated financial institutions with good records.

freeman67:

About the online access, I asked them in July 2022 and they told me they were working on it. That it will soon be out and uptill now they are still working on it. That does not show any sign of seriousness. They must not even have an app just a web portal will do. I am using morgan capital as my broker and can confidently recommend it to anybody with just their itrade webportal.

About withdrawal maybe they can keep up with that 1-3 days promise. It's only when there is a trail that you will be convinced. Not to discourage you ooo because you are already with them but you have to know them and prepare your mind so you won't get frustrated. Also, having a better service will be a bonus for you.

Even more viable firms like Stanbic, FBNquest and United Capital most times do not treat it the unautomated request that fast as quoted. While, you will get your funds within 3 - 24 hours after withdrawal request through the automated route if everything is rightly done from your end, going through filling of liquidation form request takes longer time with back and forth. I tried it with InvestmentOne's Vantage Dollar Fund before it was moved to GT and it took me about 2 weeks with serious craze/display in their office before I could get my fund in my account. Maybe because is VDF sha. They might have changed now sha because it's a new management. Also, individual experience will definitely be different.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by Neurotika: 3:33pm On Jun 25
Re: Mutual Funds by Neurotika: 3:34pm On Jun 25
olig:

Please, how reliable is the Morgan Capital? Opening an account with Stanbic IBTC stock brokerage is tiring. I first spent many weeks before I could submit my application; it kept returning error. I contacted them and they said they will communicate with their IT. Many days passed, no response. I contacted them again, and again. I was only able to submit when I changed my Next of Kin address to the same address that I used. I wonder if it is a must for me and my next of kin to live in the same address.
After submission, I only got a notification that they will get back within 2 days. Many day passed, no response or confirmation of opening. I contacted them after like a week and they apologised and asked why I chose "others" in the source of investment. I explained to them and they said they will get back to me. The last communication was Friday last week. Since then, silence again.
I am getting tired of them. I just like them, but they are discouraging me now. I initially thought I will go with United Capital, because I just opened a MMF with them now.

I always prefer brockers and Fund Managers with parent bank or other affiliated financial institutions with good records.

Had similar issues some years back. I filled two forms, normal account opening and MMF. I didn’t get my account number for weeks. Had to go to their office on the island where they gave it to me. I asked for the MMF account no, they said nothing like that in their records. Upon further inquiry they said it’s cos my ID card had three names and BVN had two names….something like that. Had to fill another form for that and all. Their KYC requirements can be quite frustrating at account onboarding stage but it’s worth it eventually.

Asides some few issues once in a while, I personally think they’re the best in the market at the moment. Seamless app, daily settlements, competitive rates etc. you can go to a good branch where you’ll get good guidance on what to fill in the form and collect the account officer number for follow up.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 3:43pm On Jun 25
olig:

@Olig the bolded should not be criteria to choose an investment partner as in fund managers or stockbrokers. Their efficiency has nothing to do with the parent body. It's true they are in the same group I can tell you it's just for financial reporting, in terms of operations and every other thing they have their interest. Banking and fund management are almost opposite as per the interest of the institution. Your first concern for any firm in the capital market should be whether the firm is SEC-regulated and its efficiency in handling customers. Having a bank affiliate doesn't translate to good customer service or the safety of your funds.

The best-proven way to get a good financial institution in the capital market is through referrals from existing customers with unbiased feedback.

3 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by olig(m): 4:27pm On Jun 25
I get your point.
The fact that I said I prefer those with parent/affiliated banks does mean that is the criteria I use in chosing them. That is why I didn't mention any other brokers with affiliated banks. IBTC is no doubt a major player when it comes to Stock and Pension.

By the way, my reasons are; (1) the integrity of the group/brand, (2) accessibility, (3) if I run into serious troubles, I can still enter the bank and will at least be directed to the appropriate section or get contacts (though I don't like entering banks). Most others have branches in major cities only and no one have clue in smaller cities (I am a village boy).

More so, trust me, anyone can refer anything in Nigeria. So I wouldn't also base my preference on referrals. It is good, but I would sill double check".

So many are investment managers and brockes are easier to access, yet one can still blame himself if transact with them. Therefore, online presence and accessibility should also not be the only yardstick.

Customer relation is highly important. But sometimes, it is difficult to draw the line. As good as IBTC is, if I would judge them bashed on there response and resolution alone, I would have forget about them. I kept pushing because of the brand, track record, integrity, stability...

emmasoft:

@Olig the bolded should not be criteria to choose an investment partner as in fund managers or stockbrokers. Their efficiency has nothing to do with the parent body. It's true they are in the same group I can tell you it's just for financial reporting, in terms of operations and every other thing they have their interest. Banking and fund management are almost opposite as per the interest of the institution. Your first concern for any firm in the capital market should be whether the firm is SEC-regulated and its efficiency in handling customers. Having a bank affiliate doesn't translate to good customer service or the safety of your funds.

The best-proven way to get a good financial institution in the capital market is through referrals from existing customers with unbiased feedback.
Re: Mutual Funds by freeman67: 8:59pm On Jun 25
olig:

For me, Morgan has been very ok and I have never hesitated to recommend it to anybody that needs it. Their fees/charges is about the cheapest among brokers here. You can connect to NGX live feed through the Morgan itrade webportal and make realtime transactions yourself without recourse to them. With them, your account is credited when you pay and email notification will be sent you instantly. So long as you rightly indicate your account number no need to call them. If you request for withdrawal through their automated channels on the web portal it you mandated account will be credited in no distant time. The only complaints you can get is sometimes when the NGX platform is down you may not be able to access. Also, once in a while people complain about their customer care but I have not encountered it like that.

I experienced same thing with Stanbic IBTC Stock brokers. I got frustrated and left them alone. The most annoying thing is that they started responding after I have gotten myself sorted out.

Like you have been told, the efficiency of the parent body has nothing with subsidiaries ooo.

If may say, not minding the fact that the have frustrated me of recent and am very angry with them, the most accessible Asset Management firm through their parent bank is SIAML . In any Stanbic IBTC Bank, the customer care can handle your issues, relate them with their asset management wing and you will get your desired response immediately.

The first time I tried to open FBNQUEST Account. I went to the main FBN (Commassie) branch in Abuja. I was only told that they used to be here but have moved out to Mataima. You can open a Stanbic MMF Account in any Stanbic IBTC Bank branch.

Brands like United Capital Asset Management are doing very well on their without recourse to UBA. Also, to me as a customer I prefer the services of Coronation to that of Access Bank their parent.
Re: Mutual Funds by olig(m): 6:55am On Jun 26
Thank you for the detailed information.

freeman67:

For me, Morgan has been very ok and I have never hesitated to recommend it to anybody that needs it. Their fees/charges is about the cheapest among brokers here. You can connect to NGX live feed through the Morgan itrade webportal and make realtime transactions yourself without recourse to them. With them, your account is credited when you pay and email notification will be sent you instantly. So long as you rightly indicate your account number no need to call them. If you request for withdrawal through their automated channels on the web portal it you mandated account will be credited in no distant time. The only complaints you can get is sometimes when the NGX platform is down you may not be able to access. Also, once in a while people complain about their customer care but I have not encountered it like that.

I experienced same thing with Stanbic IBTC Stock brokers. I got frustrated and left them alone. The most annoying thing is that they started responding after I have gotten myself sorted out.

Like you have been told, the efficiency of the parent body has nothing with subsidiaries ooo.

If may say, not minding the fact that the have frustrated me of recent and am very angry with them, the most accessible Asset Management firm through their parent bank is SIAML . In any Stanbic IBTC Bank, the customer care can handle your issues, relate them with their asset management wing and you will get your desired response immediately.

The first time I tried to open FBNQUEST Account. I went to the main FBN (Commassie) branch in Abuja. I was only told that they used to be here but have moved out to Mataima. You can open a Stanbic MMF Account in any Stanbic IBTC Bank branch.

Brands like United Capital Asset Management are doing very well on their without recourse to UBA. Also, to me as a customer I prefer the services of Coronation to that of Access Bank their parent.

Re: Mutual Funds by Solution101: 3:24pm On Jun 26
olig:
Thank you for the detailed information.

Is there any possibility of the uneventful event of HERITAGE BANK befall any of the MMF MANAGERS ?

If yes will NDIC 5M benchmark apply too and if No how will redemption of fund happen.?
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 5:38pm On Jun 26
Solution101:

Is there any possibility of the uneventful event of HERITAGE BANK befall any of the MMF MANAGERS ?

If yes will NDIC 5M benchmark apply too and if No how will redemption of fund happen.?

There is a reason why MMF is called low risk investment.

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by EbonyEbuka: 5:55pm On Jun 26
UBA is always frustrating
I have been trying to make I transaction on my uba account for 3days, it's all proven abortive. I sent an email to the customer service, over 24 hours now no reply. Only to go to the bank and I was told my account of 5 months old was debt freez ( new English).
The services I got in the bank was very poor and non cherlant. The customers service lady reluctantly told me togo home that is only head office that can solve the issue..
My small hard earn money with this harsh economy . I need money ohhhh please help me ppl .
What is the best aproach
Re: Mutual Funds by EbonyEbuka: 5:56pm On Jun 26
I need uba to reply me and unfreeze my account before u go mad ohhhhh
Re: Mutual Funds by VeeInsider: 3:38am On Jun 27
Batman2412:
It's the minimum withdrawal amount

I got the question wrong. I wanted to ask about the maximum you can withdraw on tier 2.
Re: Mutual Funds by olig(m): 6:57am On Jun 27
Every investment or "not investment" comes with its own risk. However, MMF is rated low risk (that does not indicate no risk anyway). It invest in stable/reliable/low risk assets. But no matter how reliable one might think the likes of Treasury bills, commercial papers, etc are, eventualities can still happen; war, natural disaster, etc. Which would put the fund, nation and everything at risk. No one can tell exactly what would happen to the fund if those eventualities that could put the fund at risk happen. The same way no one can tell exactly what would happen if him/her sleep without waking up. Although, MMF is unlikely to enter complete liquidation, unlike high risk/high yield funds.

More so, I don't think Mutual funds are not even issured by NDIC likes banks. If they do, I don't know the amount issued. Technically, the absolute "security" is the part/percentage of the funds invested in reliable assets like Treasury bills, etc.

I don't know if I am absolutely right or wrong anyways.

Solution101:

Re: Mutual Funds by richforever123: 1:26pm On Jun 27
Solution101:

Highly unlikely, MMF do not loan out money, they are not high risk and they are monitored by the SEC, some MMF hold up to 150 Billion Naira, and even some banks keep money with them as a safe haven, unless in the event of War

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by Batman2412(m): 1:47am On Jun 28
₦10million can go through via app
VeeInsider:

I got the question wrong. I wanted to ask about the maximum you can withdraw on tier 2.

(1) (2) (3) ... (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (Reply)

MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread / Treasury Bills In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.