Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,168 members, 7,880,649 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 11:43 PM

Ban On Police Road-blocks/check-points Still In Force - IG Of Police - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ban On Police Road-blocks/check-points Still In Force - IG Of Police (419 Views)

The 92 Armed Herdsmen Arrested By Soldiers At Check-points (Photos) / Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points / Ex-militants Mount Road Blocks In Warri Over Amnesty Programme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ban On Police Road-blocks/check-points Still In Force - IG Of Police by shogat(m): 3:33pm On Sep 21, 2014
POWER OF NAIRALAND...
i posted an open letter to the inspector General of Police where i talked about the resurrection of roadblocks in Nigeria,I think he got it and thanks to nairaland.find the press release below

The Inspector-General of Police, Acting IGPSuleiman Abba,has stated unequivocally that the order banning the setting up of Police road-blocks nationwide is still strictly in force. In a directive issued to all Commands and Formations of the Force, the IGP warned that all semblances of Police road-blocks and permanent check-points reportedly re-emerging in some parts of the country, especially in the South-East, South-South and South-West geo-political zones of Nigeria should immediately be dismantled.The IGP who described the trend as a serious violation of subsisting order on road-blocks warned that severe sanctions await any Police Commands, Formations and personnel who violate the order.While charging the Command Commissioners of Police and Heads of Formations to ensure total compliance with this order, the IGP further orders extensive visibility patrol and effective surveillance on our roads.

we will conquer FUNSHO MICHAELS
Re: Ban On Police Road-blocks/check-points Still In Force - IG Of Police by topchef: 3:41pm On Sep 21, 2014
Ok oh
Re: Ban On Police Road-blocks/check-points Still In Force - IG Of Police by Rockyheight: 3:46pm On Sep 21, 2014
Nice one IGP. n

(1) (Reply)

Why I Want To Be President In 2015, By Kwankwaso / Nigeria Donates N574M To Affected Countries / The Hypocrisy Of Age

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.