Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,102 members, 7,942,988 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 09:46 PM

Am I Chasing Him Away With My ‘dumbness’? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Am I Chasing Him Away With My ‘dumbness’? (956 Views)

Dumbness Of Oyibo People (+PIC) / How Do I Show I Like Him Without Chasing Him? / I Liked You The Moment I Saw You! Is She Chasing Him? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I Chasing Him Away With My ‘dumbness’? by finessela: 9:02pm On Sep 21, 2014
I have been dating this guy for four months. He is two years older than I am and I met him at a friend’s party. He is smarter and more intelligent than any other guy I have ever dated and I really like that about him. But that comes with a downside too; I am always struggling to keep up with him because apart from girly stuff here and there I have no deep knowledge about any other topic. (I didn’t even know the difference between the democrats and republicans or which party Obama belongs to until I met him).

In fairness to him he tries to come down to my level when we are alone, but when we are hanging out with his friends and their girlfriends he enjoys their company a lot because they are all smart like him, even their girlfriends. Most times I feel like an alien in the room, struggling to grasp what they are saying and when I contribute, I see the reaction in their faces even though they try to be polite about it, I would know I just made a dumb statement.

There is hardly any topic they can’t discuss and argue about with ease and with so much in-depth knowledge, from fashion to sports, politics, music, arts, current happenings around the world, just name it. I am a 23year old university graduate but I feel like an illiterate around him.

I have never discussed it with him because I think he knows too. I love him a lot and he is the kind of man I want to marry but I wonder if my ‘dumbness’ will not chase him away at the end of the day.

I am starting to read more and learn new things now, but its so overwhelming there are so many things i don’t know.

Written by a sad girl copied from www.femmelounge.ng

------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------

1 Like

Re: Am I Chasing Him Away With My ‘dumbness’? by succyreal(m): 9:09pm On Sep 21, 2014

1 Share

Re: Am I Chasing Him Away With My ‘dumbness’? by nickz(m): 9:10pm On Sep 21, 2014
The dude is trying to intimidate her..... I do that a lot
Re: Am I Chasing Him Away With My ‘dumbness’? by akraym(m): 9:11pm On Sep 21, 2014
Copied.

Then no need for my advice then

Hi. Deaf. Nation

1 Like

Re: Am I Chasing Him Away With My ‘dumbness’? by Waspy(m): 9:13pm On Sep 21, 2014
Bring yourself up to speed. Let him see you have a new interest in learning newthings. And finally, don't sweat it
Re: Am I Chasing Him Away With My ‘dumbness’? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Sep 21, 2014
The kain rubbish threads I see these days undecided I will soon leave this section angry
Re: Am I Chasing Him Away With My ‘dumbness’? by Baddestguyp(m): 12:49am On Sep 22, 2014
Re: Am I Chasing Him Away With My ‘dumbness’? by clemz85(m): 1:09am On Sep 22, 2014
enemy of thread wanted to close this thread are you the Dude?
Re: Am I Chasing Him Away With My ‘dumbness’? by DonaldGenes(m): 1:19am On Sep 22, 2014
krall: The kain rubbish threads I see these days undecided I will soon leave this section angry

Lmao! No be you want enter Romance section?
Re: Am I Chasing Him Away With My ‘dumbness’? by ERCROSS(m): 1:35am On Sep 22, 2014
I tink m d dumbest person for opening this thread and reading this coppied shitt..
I never knew i wasn't the only one, until i saw u clicking on this thread ...
Chisos..
Re: Am I Chasing Him Away With My ‘dumbness’? by Nobody: 1:46am On Sep 22, 2014
grin, i knew that femmelounge banner yesterday, was gonna attract some people. haha
Re: Am I Chasing Him Away With My ‘dumbness’? by MisterLongman(m): 3:49am On Sep 22, 2014
The girl should try to upgrade her fish brain
Re: Am I Chasing Him Away With My ‘dumbness’? by Afrok(m): 6:13am On Sep 22, 2014
How can she be dumb in all areas of their discussions? But the write up was a good one abii dem don edit am? Anyway I'll suggest U develop interest in alot of things not because of ur guy or to satisfy anyone but because U wanna make urself happy.
U aren't dumb, just that U think they're better than u in all areas and inferiority complex wan kill U. Since U are a graduate, start a topic of discussion in ur field and see how well U cope but if they win U at home (ur field) and away (their own topics), then U're relegation bound undecided I stand to be corrected...

(1) (Reply)

Letter To My Future Wife........ (in Pidgin) / Nagging Men, What's Ur Say On It?? / Help Me Advice My Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.