Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,157 members, 7,943,190 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 08:26 AM

Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs - Business (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs (56523 Views)

Fraudsters Apprehended At First Bank In Aba While Trying To Scam A Woman- Photos / Nigeria’s Cashew Export Hits N49.7bn / Made-in-Aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by ketoprofen(m): 3:43pm On Sep 22, 2014
GodMode:

The SE is empty... Their people are moving the SW. Their materials are in the SW that's why its Lagos...

I used hausas as reference cos u rarely see an igbo shoe-maker in Lagos... Even if u go to d market, its hausas u'll see. Igbos are not as many as hausas but most of them sell china made stuffs.
In one breath, igbos are not in the mkt, its hausaa you see.
in another breath, SE is empty. their people and materials are in SW .
I think I will stop here

4 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by 100Cents: 3:44pm On Sep 22, 2014
44chux:
Guy u stingy die!!!
How u expect 2 wear one pam more than one year? And na people like u dey sabi trek-trek with their LEGGEDISE BENZ.

Sorry, I am always inside a car, long or short distance. I hate being failed in my appointment because of a slippas or a toilet soap or any other kind of thing.

That's why I buy things in bulk. Imagine you come out to take your bath in the morning and your toilet soap has finished. I buy toilet soap like once in 6months in Carton.

Or imagine you are feeling very cold and you want to take tea by 9pm and beverage has finished.

O boy, I cannot be buying leather slippas every 6 months since I don't trek with it..
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Nobody: 3:47pm On Sep 22, 2014
Abangwa!!! Abi wetin dem dey call am!!! Dem dey try oooo! Forgert story!!!
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by saintandsinnerz: 3:48pm On Sep 22, 2014
iwonbaoko: That is an opinion but the facts are there Imo has a greater GDP

you are just an ethnic bigot! Really sorry for the kind of life you will be leading. If actually you are educated (though i seriously doubt you are), then you have not learnt anything. Though from your comments i can deduce you didn't have a proper upbringing and that is a shame, but you really need to change your manners because they are filthy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by 44chux(m): 3:57pm On Sep 22, 2014
ggoldmine: Please where can I buy Original and affordable aba-made Female foot wears in Aba? I would luv to order on wholesale. my official numba: 08067105242.(please,text messages only)
Aba only does quality male foot wears. The female versions always disappoint.
Besides u can't do biz with those illiterates until u either come down to their level, or get an agent to do that.
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by iiichidodo: 3:58pm On Sep 22, 2014
Some yorobars are not happy...fair enough they don't come in between the economic destiny of Aba lest they get run over by container trucks heading to Lagos,Abuja,Yaonde,Doula,Libreville,Malabo etc from Aba..

5 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Ramnon2: 4:11pm On Sep 22, 2014
DeeMain:

I used to have so much respect for your views on NL. I thought you were an objective foreigner/US citizen giving Nigerians the other prespective till I looked more closely and observed your morbid hatred for anything Igbo...

Such crass waste of native intelligence!
Very sad indeed. Shame on you!

That guy is a stewpid Yorubaman

4 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Ramnon2: 4:11pm On Sep 22, 2014
dpd
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Consultville(m): 4:15pm On Sep 22, 2014
Interesting
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by basilo101: 4:19pm On Sep 22, 2014
iwonbaoko: Your witticism is wasted on me sir. What is your point??
my point is dat abia and anambra locals contribute these small GDP while most of d oda states hv high GDP because of multinationals. At d end of d day abians and anambrarians hv more money in dia pockets and accounts dan ppl frm most of d states mentioned.

4 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by basilo101: 4:22pm On Sep 22, 2014
iwonbaoko: He is not a fool,he is not making Ibos appear unnecessarily petty.Ibos are petty
both u and d pesn u quoted r d ones being petty here. Wen did a comparison b/w nigerian cities become a tribal tin?

4 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by 44chux(m): 4:23pm On Sep 22, 2014
100Cents:

Sorry, I am always inside a car, long or short distance. I hate being failed in my appointment because of a slippas or a toilet soap or any other kind of thing.

That's why I buy things in bulk. Imagine you come out to take your bath in the morning and your toilet soap has finished. I buy toilet soap like once in 6months in Carton.

Or imagine you are feeling very cold and you want to take tea by 9pm and beverage has finished.

O boy, I cannot be buying leather slippas every 6 months since I don't trek with it..
I dont think we are being entirely honest here.

If u are always inside a car, then I'll take it that u do some type of formal work.
Since most offices/corporate bodies don't allow open-toe foot wear except on casual Wednesday (or casual Friday), that means you almost never wear it to the office or official meeting/business.
And since clubs don't allow it too, you sparsely wear it weekends.
Since u're "always inside a car, long or short distance", there will be less issue of rain water spoiling.

HENCE, If ur information is correct, then it is safe to say, YOU BOUGHT A FAKE.

Note: Some of those cheap products on Amazon are all fakes shipping from China. Always buy known labels
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Nobody: 4:26pm On Sep 22, 2014
basilo101:
my point is dat abia and anambra locals contribute these small GDP while most of d oda states hv hight GDP because of multinationals. At d end of d day abians and anambrarians hv more money in dia pockets and accounts dan ppl frm most of d states mentioned.
I am not sure how that is relevant to the point I was making .
We were not talking about states whose people have more money in their pockets before you quoted me and I am not really equipped to debate that.Perhaps you want to create a thread to discuss that with your coevals?
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Lakeshizu(m): 4:33pm On Sep 22, 2014
aryzgreat: The day I respect ABA was when an ABA tailor sew suit for me, people were asking me where I bought d Italian suit from. Trust me I have to enjoy d euphoria and swag by hyping the suit. Only me , d tailor and God know d ' Italian suit was ABA made.

I wish Abia will vote in a visionary leader to harness d potentials in that state.
My respect for those guys.....I had a Shirt I wore for 5yrs, it was made in Aba. My mum had to give it out without my consent.
Just wish the government can support and encourage dem.

5 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Abagworo(m): 4:38pm On Sep 22, 2014
basilo101:
my point is dat abia and anambra locals contribute these small GDP while most of d oda states hv high GDP because of multinationals. At d end of d day abians and anambrarians hv more money in dia pockets and accounts dan ppl frm most of d states mentioned.

People make mistakes in correlation of GDP with standard of living or wealth. Aba has a higher consumption per capita than lagos. It is only 2nd to Port-Harcourt. What it means is that when you divide consumption of goods or cash flow in Aba by the resident population it is higher than Lagos even though Lagos economy is way bigger. Imo State has the highest GDP in Southeast according to one of the sources posted but has way much lower consumption per capita than Anambra or Abia.

1 Like

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by kettykin: 4:42pm On Sep 22, 2014
if the above information is considered , then Aba GDP will be in the neighborhood of $50B to $60B

daily production of shoes is 1Million

average price of shoe is N5000

daily amount involved is N5B

yearly amount involved is N1.825 T to N2.0 T

annual budget of Abia state about N1.4B

potential tax that could be generated from the shoe cluster at 10% of the sales from N182.5B to N200B

Aba has the potentials from shoes alone , if other leather wares like bags, ladies shoes are added and if the GDP of
the canning and malt industry (the largest in Africa),power generation IPP from geometric breweries, bottling company, manufacturing industries like Unilever, PZ
then we would be having a GDP close to N14B to N15B daily and annual GPD of N5.4T bigger than the budget of Nigeria.

Aba ,Nnewi and Onitsha has the capacity spun new growth that would position the East as an economic Power with Enugu international Airport providing the leverage to
facilitate international trips and a Sea port in Obuaku and Onitsha heralding the unlimited maritime opportunities

2 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by ISpiksDaTroof: 4:42pm On Sep 22, 2014
Ohamadike42: You are saying its exaggeration, do you know how that the manufacturers of this shoes are in thousands? If you wanna know just go to bakassi at Aba to verify Mazi Sam's claim. For we Aba boys this is not news because we know about it for ages and the shoes they produce are of standard quality and design.
I do not doubt that you make huge profits or productions, all I'm saying is 1million pairs a day is a freaking lie!

I bet if the Authorities decided to tax them according to the claimed output that the "Aba boys" will recant and retract the figure immediately.
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by 100Cents: 4:42pm On Sep 22, 2014
44chux:
I dont think we are being entirely honest here.

If u are always inside a car, then I'll take it that u do some type of formal work.
Since most offices/corporate bodies don't allow open-toe foot wear except on casual Wednesday (or casual Friday), that means you almost never wear it to the office or official meeting/business.
And since clubs don't allow it too, you sparsely wear it weekends.
Since u're "always inside a car, long or short distance", there will be less issue of rain water spoiling.

HENCE, If ur information is correct, then it is safe to say, YOU BOUGHT A FAKE.

Note: Some of those cheap products on Amazon are all fakes shipping from China. Always buy known labels

So business people trek to market or can't own a car for the type of legedez Benz he was referring to ?

Okay oo..
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by musicwriter(m): 4:43pm On Sep 22, 2014
felifeli:
Haba Aba!!
One million shoes per day ? Obviously the man does not know how to count . Any amount over 1000 is 1 million to a lot of Ibo guys grin grin grin

You obviously don't know anything about Aba. For your information, almost every house in Aba is either making clothes, shoes, or trading. And as someone said, most of the shoes you wear whether in Lagos or Abuja was probably made in Aba but is sold you as foreign made since many Nigerians prefer foreign goods.

Why do you think you keep hearing of the Aba shoe industry?. Do you think it's a petty industry?. Look, there're probably over 10,000 shoe manufacturers in Aba town alone!. If they make just 100 shoes per day that's 1 million.

I mean, when I lived there in the 90's my brother used to run a clothing business and we used to churn out 500 clothes per day, and we wasn't even the biggest producers. If you ask me, I can put their daily shoe output at 3 - 4 million at least.

With investment and machinery as this thread suggests, Aba guys can supply Africa's shoe demand without any need for any overseas shoe import into any African country. The potential is there!.

This's where I begin to look at Nigerian banks as foools. Instead of Nigerian banks extorting money from Nigerians through various COT's as revenue source, the Aba shoe industry is a good place for banks to invest. Give loans to Aba guys and they will change Africa.

If there's nothing you can be proud of in Nigeria you can be proud of the Aba shoes industry. It could be compared to Nollywood but difference being they do have a high sense of quality which by-the-way evolved over time.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by musicwriter(m): 4:45pm On Sep 22, 2014
arresa:

One million a day sounds way way more than exaggeration. Its utterly impossible from every angle. Even major shoe makers with better facilities and capacities all over the world can not move 1 million a day.

You obviously don't know anything about Aba. For your information, almost every house in Aba is either making clothes, shoes, or trading. And as someone said, most of the shoes you wear whether in Lagos or Abuja was probably made in Aba but is sold you as foreign made since many Nigerians prefer foreign goods.

Why do you think you keep hearing of the Aba shoe industry?. Do you think it's a petty industry?. Look, there're probably over 10,000 shoe manufacturers in Aba town alone!. If they make just 100 shoes per day that's 1 million.

I mean, when I lived there in the 90's my brother used to run a clothing business and we used to churn out 500 clothes per day, and we wasn't even the biggest producers. If you ask me, I can put their daily shoe output at 3 - 4 million at least.

With investment and machinery as this thread suggests, Aba guys can supply Africa's shoe demand without any need for any overseas shoe import into any African country. The potential is there!.

This's where I begin to look at Nigerian banks as foools. Instead of Nigerian banks extorting money from Nigerians through various COT's as revenue source, the Aba shoe industry is a good place for banks to invest. Give loans to Aba guys and they will change Africa.

If there's nothing you can be proud of in Nigeria you can be proud of the Aba shoes industry. It could be compared to Nollywood but difference being they do have a high sense of quality which by-the-way evolved over time.

2 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by 100Cents: 4:45pm On Sep 22, 2014
kettykin: if the above information is considered , then Aba GDP will be in the neighborhood of $50B to $60B

daily production of shoes is 1Million

average price of shoe is N5000

daily amount involved is N5B

yearly amount involved is N1.825 T to N2.0 T

annual budget of Abia state about N1.4B

potential tax that could be generated from the shoe cluster at 10% of the sales from N182.5B to N200B

Aba has the potentials from shoes alone , if other leather wares like bags, ladies shoes are added and if the GDP of
the canning and malt industry (the largest in Africa),power generation IPP from geometric breweries, bottling company, manufacturing industries like Unilever, PZ
then we would be having a GDP close to N14B to N15B daily and annual GPD of N5.4T bigger than the budget of Nigeria.

Aba ,Nnewi and Onitsha has the capacity spun new growth that would position the East as an economic Power with Enugu international Airport providing the leverage to
facilitate international trips and a Sea port in Obuaku and Onitsha heralding the unlimited maritime opportunities

Average price of shoe cannot be N5,000. We are talking bulk before reselling price.

Highest N2,000 flat price before export.

Business is more than mathematics nah..
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by ISpiksDaTroof: 4:45pm On Sep 22, 2014
arresa:

One million a day sounds way way more than exaggeration. Its utterly impossible from every angle. Even major shoe makers with better facilities and capacities all over the world can not move 1 million a day.
Yeah tell these clowns that and they start throwing tantrums and insults.
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by ISpiksDaTroof: 4:47pm On Sep 22, 2014
Abagworo:

It can't be exaggerated if you really know Aba well. There are more than 50,000 shoe manufacturers and 20 pairs a piece is 1million.
Hmmmnnn....

50,000 shoe manufacturers?! What's the total population of the city?
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by musicwriter(m): 4:47pm On Sep 22, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof: One million pairs a day is obviously a gross exaggeration...but then again if the amount is not inflated then the news is not coming from the South East.

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by ISpiksDaTroof: 4:50pm On Sep 22, 2014
stevikenna:
All these I too know people...u don go aba go see for yourself.you just made yourself look like a big fool
Yes I've actually been all over your country. I bet I've been to more places than you.
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by kettykin: 4:53pm On Sep 22, 2014
100Cents:

Average price of shoe cannot be N5,000. We are talking bulk before reselling price.

Highest N2,000 flat price before export.

Business is more than mathematics nah..

I agree with you but not all shoes cost N2000 some shoes cost more but N2000 would be a safe estimate
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by ketoprofen(m): 4:59pm On Sep 22, 2014
44chux:
Aba only does quality male foot wears. The female versions always disappoint.
Besides u can't do biz with those illiterates until u either come down to their level, or get an agent to do that.

When they are already exporting or doing business with people in other African countries and Dubai, china, etc, you are here saying one can't do biz with them cos they are illiterates .
ok o
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by oneeast: 4:59pm On Sep 22, 2014
That guy is does not know anything about the current SE GDP. Below is the current GDP ranking in the SE at the moment:

- Anambra

- Abia

- Enugu

- Imo

- Ebonyi

asha80: iwonbaoko pls explain how economic output in imo is higher than abia and can compete with lagos accoding to you
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Ramnon2: 5:01pm On Sep 22, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof: Yes I've actually been all over your country. I bet I've been to more places than you.

See this sneaky Yoruba man claiming Oyibo. I laugh in Ogbomosho

6 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by ketoprofen(m): 5:02pm On Sep 22, 2014
iwonbaoko: I am not sure how that is relevant to the point I was making .
We were not talking about states whose people have more money in their pockets before you quoted me and I am not really equipped to debate that.Perhaps you want to create a thread to discuss that with your coevals?

Well, I will rather live in a state with people that have more money in their pockets than ones just causing capital flight to foreign lands

2 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by ketoprofen(m): 5:04pm On Sep 22, 2014
Abagworo:

People make mistakes in correlation of GDP with standard of living or wealth. Aba has a higher consumption per capita than lagos. It is only 2nd to Port-Harcourt. What it means is that when you divide consumption of goods or cash flow in Aba by the resident population it is higher than Lagos even though Lagos economy is way bigger. Imo State has the highest GDP in Southeast according to one of the sources posted but has way much lower consumption per capita than Anambra or Abia.

You are very right
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by oneeast: 5:07pm On Sep 22, 2014
Oil that others do not have? Apart from that cup of oil, there is nothing else happening in that state called economic activity. The current GDP of Imo state is only being trailed by Ebonyi in the whole of SE.

iwonbaoko:
Someone already showed a list of states by GDP on this thread have a look at that or google it. In terms of competing with Lagos that is "potentially". Imo state has some oil and with the righ economic policies and governance it should "compete"

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

A Loan App Just Served My Neighbour A Court Order / Piggybank Or Cowrywise / Alhaji Suya In London Opened By Abdullahi Mai Kano (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.