Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,298 members, 7,881,100 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:26 PM

Three Things Microsoft Can’t Explain About Their Operating System - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Three Things Microsoft Can’t Explain About Their Operating System (1116 Views)

Three Things You Don't Know You Can Do With Vlc Media Player / 3 Things Microsoft Cannot Explain / Linux or Windows Operating System? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Three Things Microsoft Can’t Explain About Their Operating System by Philtrik(m): 10:12am On Sep 22, 2014
1. Nobody can create a
FOLDER anywhere on the Computer which can be named as CON. This
is something funny and inexplicable?
At Microsoft the whole Team, couldn’t answer why this happened!
TRY IT NOW, IT WILL NOT CREATE
A “CON” FOLDER.
After Trying it, I thought it’s
Impossible to Create a Folder with 3
letters but i was able to create many Folders with just 3 letters but CON,
No way.
2. Again this is something funny and
can’t be explained? At Microsoft the
whole Team, including Bill Gates, couldn’t answer why this happened! It was discovered by a Brazilian Programmer. Try it out yourself. Open Microsoft Word and type =rand(200,99) And
then press ENTER, Wait and see what happens!
Is this a Bug or What?
3. A flight
number from one of the planes that
hit one of the two WTC towers in U.S
by Osama on 9/11 was Q33N. In Microsoft
Word, type that flight number i.e Q33N.
Increase the font size to 72 then Change the font to Wingdings,
You will be amazed by the Findings, You should see the Picture of a Plane, 2 Tower Building and a Symbol
meaning Danger.
This has actually been in existence even before the
Incident. Microsoft should be able to
explain this.
Am sure by now, You should be
looking for your PC/Laptop to Try
them Out..

SOURCE HERE
Re: Three Things Microsoft Can’t Explain About Their Operating System by Nobody: 10:23am On Sep 22, 2014
I'll try it out.
Re: Three Things Microsoft Can’t Explain About Their Operating System by Ahmadjr(m): 11:36am On Sep 22, 2014
wow! typing =rand(200,99) gave me 567 pages containing exactly 407,000 words.
saving a file as CON prompted a mssg "this file name is reserved for use by windows.

Now i did a little bit of experimenting by typing =rand(...) but with random numbers in the bracket and it gave me same content but different number of words and pages
Re: Three Things Microsoft Can’t Explain About Their Operating System by ramselly(m): 3:15pm On Sep 22, 2014
THIS IS AMAZING. shocked shocked shocked
Re: Three Things Microsoft Can’t Explain About Their Operating System by Nobody: 3:26pm On Sep 22, 2014
Ahmadjr: wow! typing =rand(200,99) gave me 567 pages containing exactly 407,000 words.
saving a file as CON prompted a mssg "this file name is reserved for use by windows.
Now i did a little bit of experimenting by typing =rand(...) but with random numbers in the bracket and it gave me same content but different number of words and pages
mine gave me 653 pages but 407k words shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Three Things Microsoft Can’t Explain About Their Operating System by Liability(m): 4:43pm On Sep 22, 2014
this is front page material.

I tried all it is as the op stated.

To add, please my laptop is showing installer problem. I cant delete or install a software.

Please help me on what to do.

I dey beg una
Re: Three Things Microsoft Can’t Explain About Their Operating System by Liability(m): 4:56pm On Sep 22, 2014
press shift key 5 times and you will see something.

I just discover it.
Re: Three Things Microsoft Can’t Explain About Their Operating System by surrogatesng: 7:36pm On Sep 22, 2014
This is scary
Re: Three Things Microsoft Can’t Explain About Their Operating System by uken73(m): 8:35pm On Sep 22, 2014
=rand(200,99) will generate content with 200,99 paragraphs. Try with =rand(3), you will see 3 paragraphs, while =rand(6) will give you 6 paragraphs.
Re: Three Things Microsoft Can’t Explain About Their Operating System by emmyvet(m): 8:50pm On Sep 22, 2014
Wow cool
Re: Three Things Microsoft Can’t Explain About Their Operating System by Ahmadjr(m): 9:13pm On Sep 22, 2014
Liability: press shift key 5 times and you will see something.

I just discover it.

That's for turning on Sticky keys i think

1 Like

Re: Three Things Microsoft Can’t Explain About Their Operating System by Ahmadjr(m): 9:15pm On Sep 22, 2014
Liability: this is front page material.

I tried all it is as the op stated.

To add, please my laptop is showing installer problem. I cant delete or install a software.

Please help me on what to do.

I dey beg una

All softwares or just a particular one?
Re: Three Things Microsoft Can’t Explain About Their Operating System by Liability(m): 9:22pm On Sep 22, 2014
Ahmadjr:

All softwares or just a particular one?
mostly antivirus and other software.

My old antivirus, karspersky doesnt want to come out delete and the new one eset or avast refuses to enter.

I don die.
Re: Three Things Microsoft Can’t Explain About Their Operating System by Liability(m): 9:24pm On Sep 22, 2014
Ahmadjr:

That's for turning on Sticky keys i think
yeah ur right
Re: Three Things Microsoft Can’t Explain About Their Operating System by Philtrik(m): 10:43am On Sep 23, 2014
This is really an unexplainable fact. I think i should call Bill Gates now grin grin grin
Re: Three Things Microsoft Can’t Explain About Their Operating System by simdam500(m): 6:40pm On Sep 23, 2014
but i just created a folder with con wink

*in the dream* wink
Re: Three Things Microsoft Can’t Explain About Their Operating System by basille(m): 10:20am On Sep 24, 2014
Nothing new.
Op bro, First of all your flight number is incorrect here's the registration number's from the two flight's that crashed into the world trade center: N612UA and N334AA

Secondly the reason why a CON folder can't be created is due to the fact when windows was designed, to ensure backward compatibility with Ms-Dos(which uses command line interface), some names can't be used as directory cause they are reserved Ms-Dos strings. Here are some other names you can't use
PRN -printer
AUX -auxiliary
Con stands for 'console' .

Other than number 1, most of all this are features of bugs found on windows, Nothing 'magical' in it that no Microsoft team can't explain.

Here's another trick
For those of you using Windows, do the following:

1.) Open an empty notepad file
2.) Type "Bush hid the facts" (without the quotes)
3.) Save it as whatever you want.
4.) Close it, and re-open it.

1 Like

Re: Three Things Microsoft Can’t Explain About Their Operating System by chux76(m): 3:36pm On Sep 24, 2014
2. Again this is something funny and
can’t be explained? At Microsoft the
whole Team, including Bill Gates, couldn’t answer why this happened! It was discovered by a Brazilian Programmer. Try it out yourself. Open Microsoft Word and type =rand(200,99) And
then press ENTER, Wait and see what happens!
Is this a Bug or What?

Did the above but nothing happened.

(1) (Reply)

Help On How To Copy Short Cuts Frm Pc / How I Can Get My Lost Data Back From The D Drive? / How Much Will It Cost Me To Get A New Carcass For My Hp Compaq Presario?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.