Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,266 members, 7,943,552 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 06:19 PM

The Internet Age Nigerian - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Internet Age Nigerian (431 Views)

Sanusi Lamido And Vanguard’s Internet-age Junk Journalism / Jonathan Govt Is The “first Internet-age Presidency” Nigeria Ever Had - Abati / Why Are There No Pictures Of Aso Rock On The Internet? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Internet Age Nigerian by Nobody: 12:36pm On Sep 22, 2014
I have often looked on in amazement and awe,the opinions and counter-opinions of Nigerians,especially young Nigerians who fall below the age 40 demographic online. The staunch supporters and the outrightly dumb followers of different political parties,APC and PDP being the major two. The accusations and counter accusations from both sides,and the disturbingly fledging "E-WARRIORS" whom many do not know are under full pay,unleashed like minions to cause ruckus online,increase followership,or sway the minds of the undecided but politically conscious youths.
To be fair it gets interesting for people like me because we look on in stupendous wonder,relieve ourselves from the stress of the day reading the often amusing comments and quotes from these people. I have come to the conclusion that we have made it all too easy for them,yes,we the internet age Nigerians. Younger people like me in essence do not know that corruption and other unbecoming acts by our politicians are infact at an all time high. They have found a potent way of keeping all of us under the leash,while squabbling among themselves for the beloved National Cake,and that is pitting is against each other,be it under the guise of religion,or regional sentiments.
Make no mistakes though,they are all the same,i mean the politicians,whether PDP or APC. All that really matters to most of them is increasing their personal fortunes,sometimes giving the crumbs that fall off their canine's tables to the loyalists,who would stop at nothing in defending their masters,even if it means selling their souls for bags of rice and pillars of salt.
My fellow young Nigerians,we have to be wise,and not let these people,these politicians take us for granted,while they pillage our national treasures. We have a responsibilty to the future generations,and our response today would bear witness for us tommorow,or haunt us,whichever the case may be. As Bob Marley says it “Get up, stand up, Stand up for your
rights. Get up, stand up, Don’t give up
the fight.”.
Re: The Internet Age Nigerian by ifaoni(m): 12:39pm On Sep 22, 2014
hun

(1) (Reply)

Reset Your Display Time Please. / Party’s South-south Leader Advocates Power Shift In Delta / Governors Of NDDC States To Tackle Poor Funding Of The Commission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.