Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,188 members, 7,943,285 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 11:08 AM

U.S. Wants Ihejirika’s Sudden ‘Billions’ Probed - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / U.S. Wants Ihejirika’s Sudden ‘Billions’ Probed (53156 Views)

Report: NNPC top mgt to go, accounts to be probed-Daily Trust / Buhari Is Supporting Boko Haram, He Should Be Probed – Fani-kayode / Jonathan Retains Ihejirika As Army Chief In Military Shake Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Wants Ihejirika’s Sudden ‘Billions’ Probed by akiOYIBO: 2:22pm On Sep 23, 2014
hardebounty:

So, as God PA, what point are u making
Any1 dat iz corrupt shld b put on trial, irrespective of d tribe..
That is exactly the point.......but I think you refused to understand his stand. There are other generals that acquired billions also. Most of them bathe in their respective oil wells, We're only saying they should start from there...kpom

1 Like

Re: U.S. Wants Ihejirika’s Sudden ‘Billions’ Probed by mightycrown1(m): 2:22pm On Sep 23, 2014
there cant be a way forward in this nation until we are blind to tribalism and face the reality.
it is so dishearten that after 100 yrs of togetherness we are still scattered.
Re: U.S. Wants Ihejirika’s Sudden ‘Billions’ Probed by JuanDeDios: 2:24pm On Sep 23, 2014
BlackTechnology:

Answer this question Mr wise guy

If DICON step is the best step, why are we still importing advance weapons even to the point of running to China who was at the same level with us in 1960 after US ignored our cries for weapons

Wait until US invades Nigeria sucks us dry like Iraq under the guise of fighting corruption just as they accused Sadam of weapons of mass destruction they never found after wasting Iraqis

Think logically not emotionally

Nigeria at this time needs to rebuild her military after which the universities can channel their resources to other important things
Now, what I believe you are saying is that in the middle of a war, the way out is the universities - let them start teaching weapons technology (with professors and lecturers drawn from Onitsha market) building weapons labs (which you believe can be fully functional and produce weapons to fight Boko Haram just now just now), while we ignore Dicon which already has some residual facilities in place! You're a genius.

You, sir, are the one being emotional!

Now, to your question - I'm assuming you don't really know the answer already even though it's the subject of this thread.
Dicon is not working because of .... corruption. It's not working because when billions are budgeted they simply disappear. That is the issue Jonathan and some of you like to hide your heads in sand about. We have been hearing of the budgeted billions followed by an ill-equipped army. If Jonathan was competent he would have probed that -maybe it's Ihejrika, maybe it's not, he would have found out. So you think there is no viral corruption in Nigeria just as there was no WMD in Iraq? You people are not serious abeg.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Wants Ihejirika’s Sudden ‘Billions’ Probed by cut007: 3:23pm On Sep 23, 2014
How funny how such a trash article sneaked to the front page under the WATCHFUL eyes of Mr. SEUN, when I was almost beginning to trust that he was different. Last bullet: It beats my imagination how a right thinking mind would fall for such cheap, pre-concieved propangada. I hereby use this medium to call on every positive mind to desist from dignifying shallow articles like this by commenting on them. The best way of discouraging these low-lives is by completely ignoring them and their sadistic temperaments.
Re: U.S. Wants Ihejirika’s Sudden ‘Billions’ Probed by shady26(m): 4:18pm On Sep 23, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

This is a serious matter, let's not go tribal! I am Igbo but I don't support criminality as exemplified by jonadafft and ihejirika!
Dont be daft, smell the coffee very well.How come they are not interested in all the other Billions of dollars that has gone missing under this corrupt government or the numerous other corrupt cases? is this not the same US that refused to sell arms to Nigeria to fight the insurgency over some bogus claims of human rights abuse by Amnesty? The same USA that refused to release there Zmapp drug in the fight against Ebola claiming they did not have enough? (very funny considering that the few they had wasting on their shelf could have at least saved some lives).
Someone once said and i paraphrase " the west don't observe any moral qualms in their dealings with Africa, only selfish interests" .
Was it ihejirika that prevented them from sharing intelligence gathered by their drones with NA in the fight against BOKOHARAM? why all this tantrums now that BH is being defeated? first Amnesty Human rights abuse story , next this one ? yet BBC and CNN finds it hard to report any victory recorded by NA in the fight against BH ?i smell a plot to disintegrate Nigeria by all means already foretold by their expresido turned prophet Bill Clinton.
Wole Soyinka said something that i want to repeat, "Nigerians must not take for granted the Country they have" . Some fools( myself inclusive in the past ) have always been wont to castigate Luggard for giving them a country named Named Nigeria . Another set of worse ,shallow brained fools in the north (Arab wannabees and their country less brothers from the dry deserts) have kept on their best to destroy this blessed entity called Nigeria in their lust for the blood of their innocent countrymen. They and their sponsors will all be consumed, and a curse for America or any other Country that seeks to gratify itself through the destruction of Nigerians. angry

3 Likes

Re: U.S. Wants Ihejirika’s Sudden ‘Billions’ Probed by shady26(m): 4:20pm On Sep 23, 2014
How come they are not interested in all the other Billions of dollars that has gone missing under this corrupt government or the numerous other corrupt cases? is this not the same US that refused to sell arms to Nigeria to fight the insurgency over some bogus claims of human rights abuse by Amnesty? The same USA that refused to release there Zmapp drug in the fight against Ebola claiming they did not have enough? (very funny considering that the few they had wasting on their shelf could have at least saved some lives).
Someone once said and i paraphrase " the west don't observe any moral qualms in their dealings with Africa, only selfish interests" .
Was it ihejirika that prevented them from sharing intelligence gathered by their drones with NA in the fight against BOKOHARAM? why all this tantrums now that BH is being defeated? first Amnesty Human rights abuse story , next this one ? yet BBC and CNN finds it hard to report any victory recorded by NA in the fight against BH ?i smell a plot to disintegrate Nigeria by all means already foretold by their expresido turned prophet Bill Clinton.
Wole Soyinka said something that i want to repeat, "Nigerians must not take for granted the Country they have" . Some fools( myself inclusive in the past ) have always been wont to castigate Luggard for giving them a country named Named Nigeria . Another set of worse ,shallow brained fools in the north (Arab wannabees and their country less brothers from the dry deserts) have kept on their best to destroy this blessed entity called Nigeria in their lust for the blood of their innocent countrymen. They and their sponsors will all be consumed, and a curse for America or any other Country that seeks to gratify itself through the destruction of Nigerians. angry

1 Like

Re: U.S. Wants Ihejirika’s Sudden ‘Billions’ Probed by shady26(m): 4:25pm On Sep 23, 2014
fr3do:

Or maybe they are accusing him to cause more tension along ethno-religious lines that might facilitate the breakup of Nigeria.
Bulls eye

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Wants Ihejirika’s Sudden ‘Billions’ Probed by olagamalin(m): 4:54pm On Sep 23, 2014
IGBOSON1:

^^^Of course you'll want to believe this tales by moonlight! Ihejirika should wait in line until all your thieving retired generals up north are probed!

Cheers!
tribal bastard. Even in the face of damning evidence. ne'er do well

1 Like

Re: U.S. Wants Ihejirika’s Sudden ‘Billions’ Probed by shady26(m): 5:15pm On Sep 23, 2014
whitecat1: What could be so difficult in probing a man who didn't deliver on what he was given money for and caused deaths of thousands while he pocketed the money and became billionaire? The wink wink winkse toddlers called ibos are just too backward to be among humans. You just can't run anything in Nigeria like your cursed jungle.
i very much concur with you that ihejirika should be probed, possibly made to face trial if found guilty. but wait first, we must start from that long line of Generals that have served as COAS and CODS before now(or dont you think so? grin),Danjuma,OBJ,IBB,BUHARI,ABACHA,.......and the least continues until we come to Ihejirika else its all Hypocrisy as usual. unfortunately for you lots igbos have learnt the game grin the game is called "Surviving in a country of hypocrites"

6 Likes

Re: U.S. Wants Ihejirika’s Sudden ‘Billions’ Probed by LajaLaba: 5:34pm On Sep 23, 2014
yorubakid1: Abo.ki!you forgot to add hell-rufai,buhari, Tinubu and sanusi to your updates sad sad
U be confirm dindinrin lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: U.S. Wants Ihejirika’s Sudden ‘Billions’ Probed by Nobody: 5:51pm On Sep 23, 2014
shady26: i very much concur with you that ihejirika should be probed, possibly made to face trial if found guilty. but wait first, we must start from that long line of Generals that have served as COAS and CODS before now(or dont you think so? grin),Danjuma,OBJ,IBB,BUHARI,ABACHA,.......and the least continues until we come to Ihejirika else its all Hypocrisy as usual. unfortunately for you lots igbos have learnt the game grin the game is called "Surviving in a country of hypocrites"

Hehehe
Re: U.S. Wants Ihejirika’s Sudden ‘Billions’ Probed by Nobody: 5:53pm On Sep 23, 2014
shady26: i very much concur with you that ihejirika should be probed, possibly made to face trial if found guilty. but wait first, we must start from that long line of Generals that have served as COAS and CODS before now(or dont you think so? grin),Danjuma,OBJ,IBB,BUHARI,ABACHA,.......and the least continues until we come to Ihejirika else its all Hypocrisy as usual. unfortunately for you lots igbos have learnt the game grin the game is called "Surviving in a country of hypocrites"

Absolute rubbish. Obasanjo started with Tafa Balogun a Yoruba like himself. He did not have to go back anywhere.
Re: U.S. Wants Ihejirika’s Sudden ‘Billions’ Probed by honprof1(m): 6:04pm On Sep 23, 2014
Hah! With this ur sense of reassoning ,it will be very difficult for u to be a leader.. Note it down.

BlackTechnology:

Shut up

Why haven't the US freeze the accounts of OBJ IBB Danjunma etc

Is it because Ihejirika is Igbo and GEJ is Ijaw that is why US is talking

My opinion is

If this info is true, it means GEJ's govt has refused being US puppet which has angered the US

Imagine after refusing AFRICOM, increasing trade with China and refusing Gay law, do you think US will be happy.

Re: U.S. Wants Ihejirika’s Sudden ‘Billions’ Probed by BlackTechnology: 6:05pm On Sep 23, 2014
JuanDeDios:
Now, what I believe you are saying is that in the middle of a war, the way out is the universities - let them start teaching weapons technology (with professors and lecturers drawn from Onitsha market) building weapons labs (which you believe can be fully functional and produce weapons to fight Boko Haram just now just now), while we ignore Dicon which already has some residual facilities in place! You're a genius.

You, sir, are the one being emotional!

Now, to your question - I'm assuming you don't really know the answer already even though it's the subject of this thread.
Dicon is not working because of .... corruption. It's not working because when billions are budgeted they simply disappear. That is the issue Jonathan and some of you like to hide your heads in sand about. We have been hearing of the budgeted billions followed by an ill-equipped army. If Jonathan was competent he would have probed that -maybe it's Ihejrika, maybe it's not, he would have found out. So you think there is no viral corruption in Nigeria just as there was no WMD in Iraq? You people are not serious abeg.

There is no society where corruption is not found.
The fact is, in some societies systems were created to curtail the effect of corruption I.e make the effect of corruption insignificant
The problem with people like you is that you attack corruption headlong instead of flanking or encircling corruption
This is the same mistake Sanusi made and failed unlike his predecessor Soludo
Example of how some universities outflanked or encircled corruption instead of attacking it directly
At least 3 lecturers handle a course and the scores divided amongst them. This prevents a scenario where one lecture has absolute power to determine the fate of a student in a course.

In America, the threat of coup, autocracy etc is one major reason the US has two major armed forces(Marines and Army) under two different command chains answerable to the president through the defense secretary. It is also the major reason the americans are allowed to carry guns in order to defend their liberty against coups or sit tight presidency

In summary instead of wasting time searching for those who smartly siphoned money meant for DICON weapons development exposing Nigeria to threat of internal or foreign invasion, it is safe fast and certain we allow our bright students/lecturers engage in weapons related projects to secure our independence.

If you insist on your idea no problem but let it be applied when Odua Arewa or whatever new nation you will find yourself.

But as for me and other Biafrans, this is the idea we will uphold. Which is why we are advicing GEJ to take our path and prevent another colonialism.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Wants Ihejirika’s Sudden ‘Billions’ Probed by JuanDeDios: 6:27pm On Sep 23, 2014
BlackTechnology:

There is no society where corruption is not found.
The fact is, in some societies systems were created to curtail the effect of corruption I.e make the effect of corruption insignificant
The problem with people like you is that you attack corruption headlong instead of flanking or encircling corruption
This is the same mistake Sanusi made and failed unlike his predecessor Soludo
Example of how some universities outflanked or encircled corruption instead of attacking it directly
At least 3 lecturers handle a course and the scores divided amongst them. This prevents a scenario where one lecture has absolute power to determine the fate of a student in a course.

In America, the threat of coup, autocracy etc is one major reason the US has two major armed forces(Marines and Army) under two different command chains answerable to the president through the defense secretary. It is also the major reason the americans are allowed to carry guns in order to defend their liberty against coups or sit tight presidency

In summary instead of wasting time searching for those who smartly siphoned money meant for DICON weapons development exposing Nigeria to threat of internal or foreign invasion, it is safe fast and certain we allow our bright students/lecturers engage in weapons related projects to secure our independence.

If you insist on your idea no problem but let it be applied when Odua Arewa or whatever new nation you will find yourself.

But as for me and other Biafrans, this is the idea we will uphold. Which is why we are advicing GEJ to take our path and prevent another colonialism.

Aren't you being a bit presumptuous by presenting yourself as anyone's spokesman on this matter?

Anyway, if your argument is gun liberalisation like they have in America, that's a different subject. To be sure, I don't support gun liberalisation, but I recognise that it has its merits and, like I said, it's a different subject. What I was arguing against is the workability or arming abi tasking universities to go into arms production in the middle of a war. I also argued that even in peace times arms are produced by industries, not universities. When South Africa was faced by sanctions it looked inwards and began to reverse engineer weapons technology. Today, they're a respectable arms-producing country. No, not through their universities. Through industries. We've tried things here by establishing Dicon - for where?

I agree with you that corruption requires a systematic approach. But Nigeria has got to a stage where anything you throw at corruption they find a way to defeat it - because the money they steal is way too much for anything to stand in their way. What you need is a multi-faceted approach. You can't fight corruption when impunity reigns. Never. Once there is no punishment for crime whatever system you put in place would be messed up. Your HOD will simply impose his will on the three lecturers and have them award marks to his okpeke and he will get away with it. How many years did they give Bernie Madoff for scamming would-be investors, 90? That's what I'm talking about. Until we starting doing that sort of thing we're not serious and we won't get anywhere - whether you allocate funds to Dicon or to universities, all of which are forced to run on diesel.
Re: U.S. Wants Ihejirika’s Sudden ‘Billions’ Probed by Osode: 8:52pm On Sep 23, 2014
Hmmm...
It is not always the quantity of what you say, but the shear depth and quality. I'm suddenly fifteen again, and reading 'Things Fall Apart'.
In the midst of the sad melancoly that is the History of Nigeria's Tribes, ...This was almost poetic. Kudos.
That was Quite Sublime...
Re: U.S. Wants Ihejirika’s Sudden ‘Billions’ Probed by Nobody: 9:51pm On Sep 23, 2014

@bolded, more like "Surviving in a country of retards".

i still insist that the average Nigerian IQ is shocking, going by comments in this section. My fear is that these retards end up in government, making policies for the rest of us.
Re: U.S. Wants Ihejirika’s Sudden ‘Billions’ Probed by sharpchap: 6:59am On Sep 24, 2014
ihejirika is not the first corrupt general, if we want to probe them let us start from the beginning naaa. when efrybody bring their own then we will bring him, even to hague if you like. hmm oh boy if U say that all past corrupt generals should be probed na him be say a new ministry has to be created for that because what we have on ground cannot cope.
Re: U.S. Wants Ihejirika’s Sudden ‘Billions’ Probed by BlackTechnology: 7:50am On Sep 24, 2014
JuanDeDios:

Aren't you being a bit presumptuous by presenting yourself as anyone's spokesman on this matter?

Anyway, if your argument is gun liberalisation like they have in America, that's a different subject. To be sure, I don't support gun liberalisation, but I recognise that it has its merits and, like I said, it's a different subject. What I was arguing against is the workability or arming abi tasking universities to go into arms production in the middle of a war. I also argued that even in peace times arms are produced by industries, not universities. When South Africa was faced by sanctions it looked inwards and began to reverse engineer weapons technology. Today, they're a respectable arms-producing country. No, not through their universities. Through industries. We've tried things here by establishing Dicon - for where?

I agree with you that corruption requires a systematic approach. But Nigeria has got to a stage where anything you throw at corruption they find a way to defeat it - because the money they steal is way too much for anything to stand in their way. What you need is a multi-faceted approach. You can't fight corruption when impunity reigns. Never. Once there is no punishment for crime whatever system you put in place would be messed up. Your HOD will simply impose his will on the three lecturers and have them award marks to his okpeke and he will get away with it. How many years did they give Bernie Madoff for scamming would-be investors, 90? That's what I'm talking about. Until we starting doing that sort of thing we're not serious and we won't get anywhere - whether you allocate funds to Dicon or to universities, all of which are forced to run on diesel.

First and foremost you are mixing up development and mass production

Development of weapons means design , fabrication and testing of new weapons or modification of old weapons.

Once a newly developed weapon is approved , it will then be mass produce at DICON

You do not leave the fate of over 140million people in the hands of DICON when there are University/Polytechnic students option you can simultaneously utilized alongside DICON

Do you know why Hitler could not invade Switzerland even when Swiss do not have a standing army.?

Because every male swiss receives military training and given a gun to keep at home.

This is the major reason why Hitler who was bold to invade Russia was scared to invade Switzerland.

If you were Swiss leader in the days when Swiss were contemplating it, you would have opposed it and centuries later , Hitler would have invaded Switzerland

The problem with you is that you are fearful and I understand considering the part of the country you come from.

My friend

For now Nigeria needs to quickly build up her defense within 5years and that can be quickly achieved when we involve our universities and polytechnics in weapons development as DICON staff play their role.

We do not have time on our side now that US has started acting funny.

Pls stoppppppp being fearful.

If it worked in swiss and Northern Europe it can work in Nigeria this time in the area of weapons development.

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Wants Ihejirika’s Sudden ‘Billions’ Probed by JuanDeDios: 12:30pm On Sep 24, 2014
BlackTechnology:

Development of weapons means design , fabrication and testing of new weapons or modification of old weapons.

Once a newly developed weapon is approved , it will then be mass produce at DICON

You do not leave the fate of over 140million people in the hands of DICON when there are University/Polytechnic students option you can simultaneously utilized alongside DICON

Do you know why Hitler could not invade Switzerland even when Swiss do not have a standing army.?

Because every male swiss receives military training and given a gun to keep at home.

This is the major reason why Hitler who was bold to invade Russia was scared to invade Switzerland.

If you were Swiss leader in the days when Swiss were contemplating it, you would have opposed it and centuries later , Hitler would have invaded Switzerland

The problem with you is that you are fearful and I understand considering the part of the country you come from.

My friend

For now Nigeria needs [/b]to quickly build up her defense within 5years and that can be quickly achieved when we involve our universities and polytechnics in weapons development as DICON staff play their role.

[b]We do not have time on our side now that US has started acting funny.

If it worked in swiss and Northern Europe it can work in Nigeria this time in the area of weapons development.
Rather than acknowledge the role of corruption in all this or even cite one country where universities are involved in the stages of arms production, you have decided to widen this into nonsenses about tribe, Switzerland and definitions of development.

If you ran a search around here you will find posts to convince I’m a supporter of Ihejirika. The difference is that my support for him is based on principle, whereas yours is based on ethnicity. That is why you have assumed (wrongly, but does it matter?) that I must be Yoruba since I dare call for the government to do the right thing when the name of someone from your ethnic group is mentioned. For you, there are two group in Nigeria – Biafrans and others and each group is made up of undifferentiated people who all think alike. That is why you have arrogated to yourself the spokesman for “Biafrans” on this matter since to you all Biafrans think alike and should automatically agree with you.

I don’t have time to school you on the dynamics that saved Switzerland from WWs 1 & 2 but it may interest you to know that there were countries with trained male populations which were attacked and countries with untrained populations which weren’t. Anyway, I am a longtime supporter of compulsory military training for males, something you are strangely confusing with your no good idea of tasking universities and polytechnics with arms production, err development.

I already conceded that designs can come out of universities – since anybody can come up with a design and if it’s good the relevant industries will adopt it. Why don’t you cite examples of universities that are involved in arms “development”?

People like you, people who can’t beyond parochial interests, are the real problems of society – in Nigeria tribal considerations won’t let them condemn corruption once their kinsman is involved and if you give them Biafra they won’t know what do with it since their life course is about agitating for Biafra.

At least, you now agree that Dicon has a role – that’s progress. For now, Nigeria needs to stop whining about America not giving them weapons (as if the AK-47s they have been using forever came from America) and IMPORT weapons from Eastern Europe, Asia or wherever to defeat Boko Haram. You have a war to fight – just stop hankering after weapons you never had, stop stealing and get the job done. After that draw up a plan that should ensure limited self-sufficiency in armament within the next 5 to 10 years by repositioning Dicon. Dicon can take good designs from wherever they come – universities, Ariaria market, Black Technology’s laptop, anywhere, as long as it’s good. Private sector participation can be encouraged but not in today’s Nigeria for so many reasons – unless we can get our act together.

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Wants Ihejirika’s Sudden ‘Billions’ Probed by KA24DETT(m): 5:58pm On Sep 24, 2014
BlackTechnology:

My friend

For now Nigeria needs to quickly build up her defense within 5years and that can be quickly achieved when we involve our universities and polytechnics in weapons development as DICON staff play their role.

We do not have time on our side now that US has started acting funny.

Dude , you know absolutely nothing about weapon research and development .
Universities do not undertake weapon research in the US or anywhere in the world.
There are defense contractors that do that. This is how it works . The biggest defense contractor is Lockheed Martin with contracts worth about billions they get from the US government every year.
Let me tell you how it works. 1> the US army or navy request for an aircraft , they have specification like operational curtain of 50,000feet, range of 5,000 miles and payload of 70,0000lbs. The defense contractors will tell their engineers to design this aircraft and the winning design is chosen by the pentagon or any branch of the armed forces that requests for it .
No university has the money to undergo this project and it's not their job. No university in the world undergoes weapons research and development . None . Not even china or the US . Defense contractors hire engineers from universities.
Stop spreading mis information .
Both of you are arguing about things you do not have an idea how it works..

1 Like

Re: U.S. Wants Ihejirika’s Sudden ‘Billions’ Probed by KA24DETT(m): 6:07pm On Sep 24, 2014
Military upgrade is not like road construction you build and forget , it takes years and years of development with billions budgeted yearly for it.
The F-35 joint strike fighter will cost about 500 billon dollars when the project is completed, F-22 is almost the same thing . That's not including other weapons like radar, precision stoke bombs.
It's not a joke . There are companies that take this seriously. You guys need to read up on "Military industrial complex".

1 Like

Re: U.S. Wants Ihejirika’s Sudden ‘Billions’ Probed by EMANY01(m): 6:21pm On Sep 24, 2014
JuanDeDios:
Rather than acknowledge the role of corruption in all this or even cite one country where universities are involved in the stages of arms production, you have decided to widen this into nonsenses about tribe, Switzerland and definitions of development.

If you ran a search around here you will find posts to convince I’m a supporter of Ihejirika. The difference is that my support for him is based on principle, whereas yours is based on ethnicity. That is why you have assumed (wrongly, but does it matter?) that I must be Yoruba since I dare call for the government to do the right thing when the name of someone from your ethnic group is mentioned. For you, there are two group in Nigeria – Biafrans and others and each group is made up of undifferentiated people who all think alike. That is why you have arrogated to yourself the spokesman for “Biafrans” on this matter since to you all Biafrans think alike and should automatically agree with you.

I don’t have time to school you on the dynamics that saved Switzerland from WWs 1 & 2 but it may interest you to know that there were countries with trained male populations which were attacked and countries with untrained populations which weren’t. Anyway, I am a longtime supporter of compulsory military training for males, something you are strangely confusing with your no good idea of tasking universities and polytechnics with arms production, err development.

I already conceded that designs can come out of universities – since anybody can come up with a design and if it’s good the relevant industries will adopt it. Why don’t you cite examples of universities that are involved in arms “development”?

People like you, people who can’t beyond parochial interests, are the real problems of society – in Nigeria tribal considerations won’t let them condemn corruption once their kinsman is involved and if you give them Biafra they won’t know what do with it since their life course is about agitating for Biafra.

At least, you now agree that Dicon has a role – that’s progress. For now, Nigeria needs to stop whining about America not giving them weapons (as if the AK-47s they have been using forever came from America) and IMPORT weapons from Eastern Europe, Asia or wherever to defeat Boko Haram. You have a war to fight – just stop hankering after weapons you never had, stop stealing and get the job done. After that draw up a plan that should ensure limited self-sufficiency in armament within the next 5 to 10 years by repositioning Dicon. Dicon can take good designs from wherever they come – universities, Ariaria market, Black Technology’s laptop, anywhere, as long as it’s good. Private sector participation can be encouraged but not in today’s Nigeria for so many reasons – unless we can get our act together.

Thank you.

I think you've said the last thing there is to say on this matter,anything else is just you repeating yourself self and arguing circuitously something I have resolved to never do on NL.Once you have given what you believe is you last word on any issue, it doesn't matter if you do not have the last word.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Wants Ihejirika’s Sudden ‘Billions’ Probed by Jesusloveyou: 6:37pm On Sep 24, 2014
akiOYIBO:
The military money dat were allocated in ur father's parlour abi? if they are sure he embezzled billions, let them prove beyond reasonable doubt by procuring solid evidence.
which other evidence did u want again.d giver of d money said gej should probe d taker of d money.and u here asking for solid evidence.or did u share from d cash?
Re: U.S. Wants Ihejirika’s Sudden ‘Billions’ Probed by petrolman(m): 6:58pm On Sep 24, 2014
IAm not surprised at all,
You either take it or leave it,
But The igbos and the SS are hell-bent to retaliate their killings during the biafra war and this is the best time to have diplomatically fightback.
And as it is the northerners are killing themselves and the igbos have initially sent a warning messages to all igbos in the north to return home before and during the fight
The Ahusas are the ones at the loose ends being retarded and foolish to have thought they are fighting against Jonathan administration.
Well lets see how this will end
But for that Ehijirika or what is he called the present administration will do nothing against his actions because hes carrying out their combined initial plans.
God should just help us in this country

1 Like

Re: U.S. Wants Ihejirika’s Sudden ‘Billions’ Probed by SkySpirit(m): 9:47pm On Sep 24, 2014
The US should keep their silly advise to themselves. Afterall, they are behind this terrorism thing the world is facing including ebola. Ihejirka really frustrated their efforts and it was after he was removed that this terror thing escalated. Nothing would come out of any transparent probe as the corruption in the defence sector cuts across a large spectrum. Other ex-service chiefs would also be affected. The corruption is deep-rooted!

1 Like

Re: U.S. Wants Ihejirika’s Sudden ‘Billions’ Probed by BlackTechnology: 10:23pm On Sep 24, 2014
KA24DETT:

Dude , you know absolutely nothing about weapon research and development .
Universities do not undertake weapon research in the US or anywhere in the world.
There are defense contractors that do that. This is how it works . The biggest defense contractor is Lockheed Martin with contracts worth about billions they get from the US government every year.
Let me tell you how it works. 1> the US army or navy request for an aircraft , they have specification like operational curtain of 50,000feet, range of 5,000 miles and payload of 70,0000lbs. The defense contractors will tell their engineers to design this aircraft and the winning design is chosen by the pentagon or any branch of the armed forces that requests for it .
No university has the money to undergo this project and it's not their job. No university in the world undergoes weapons research and development . None . Not even china or the US . Defense contractors hire engineers from universities.
Stop spreading mis information .
Both of you are arguing about things you do not have an idea how it works..

There is no law that says we must do things the way others do

If our universities/polytechnics can design fabricate and test new weapons that can be mass produced by DICON then we should involve them now that US CNN BBC are not helping matters

JuanDeDios:
Thank you.
Re: U.S. Wants Ihejirika’s Sudden ‘Billions’ Probed by filiks(m): 2:32am On Sep 25, 2014
So the US is now asking for probe of government officials in Nigeria? All of them or just Ihejirika?
Ok, it is ok for Israel to take innocent lives in numbers, repeatedly targeting women and children, UN buildings in Palestine but it is terrible for Ihejirika to take money, and 'absolutely terrible' for Nigerian army to re-take northeast aggressively?

US is the problem the world has today! A quick look around the world will prove it to you.

3 Likes

Re: U.S. Wants Ihejirika’s Sudden ‘Billions’ Probed by NobleG1(m): 4:59am On Sep 25, 2014
Telling a very corrupt Nigerian government to investigate corruption is ridiculous.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Wants Ihejirika’s Sudden ‘Billions’ Probed by sasifo(m): 6:56am On Sep 25, 2014
What do you expect from an enstrange Ibo man.That is their trademark. Blood for money.
Re: U.S. Wants Ihejirika’s Sudden ‘Billions’ Probed by JuanDeDios: 7:23pm On Sep 25, 2014
@ KA24DETT

No, it’s not only you that knows how the defence system works elsewhere. The issue here is Nigeria producing arms and Nigeria is simply not there yet. We do not have the Lockheed Martins, the EADSes, the Boeings and co. And I don’t see us doing so in a long time. I don’t think Nigeria must produce arms – we can concentrate on other areas and import arms if the law of comparative advantage so dictates. But should arms production be desirable, then an existing government agency with links to the military can undertake it in a country like the Nigeria of today. They can start small – maybe reverse engineering or get designs from elsewhere. That’s how the Chinese and the Southies started.

I don’t see the private sector playing a significant role in a long time. Maybe when we have electricity, and the private sector has found its foot in relevant industries like civilian sheep building and steel fabrication. You will also need a system where the rule of law is more entrenched than it is now to ensure REGULATION, especially for small arms and light weapons, since you don’t want automatic weapons popping up all over Onitsha market.
Re: U.S. Wants Ihejirika’s Sudden ‘Billions’ Probed by shady26(m): 2:43pm On Sep 26, 2014
relchange:

@bolded, more like "Surviving in a country of retards".

i still insist that the average Nigerian IQ is shocking, going by comments in this section. My fear is that these retards end up in government, making policies for the rest of us.
yes we will end up in government and you will be forced to abide by any rules we make, except you bring to book your criminal forebears (dead or alive) who laid the foundation for this smelly corrupt Nigerian system of governance cool.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Royal Wedding: Natasha Akpoti To Marry Alema Of Warri, Emmanuel Uduaghan / Rochas Okorocha’s Son Graduates Frm University Of Manchester With First Class / The Man Who Promised To Join Atiku Campaign If He Visits America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.