Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,646 members, 7,951,693 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 09:12 PM

Propaganda: Its Influence On Our Political Choice - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Propaganda: Its Influence On Our Political Choice (1322 Views)

In Defence Of The South South And South East Political Choice / Why Igbos Shouldn't Be Victimised For Their Electoral/political Choice / 20 Great Oscar Wilde Quotes For Our Political Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Propaganda: Its Influence On Our Political Choice by Nobody: 7:12pm On Sep 22, 2014
Propaganda is simply information driven by falsehood. It is most times disseminated to manipulate the public with a sole aim of achieving a sinister objective. Like information driven by truth, propaganda influences ones cognitive(thinking/thought process) and behaviour. It determines ones predisposition to act and react in a given way. For instance "one of the information/propaganda we have had is that terrorists are muslims fighting for jihadists course". "Another is that an average Niger Deltan is a militant and aggressive individual". An average Nigerian will picture a bearded muslim or a Niger Deltan when capturing a mental picture of terrorism and Militancy, this is because of the kind of information he/she has been exposed to.
The Top 5 Propaganda today:

1. THE NORTH IS AT WAR WITH THE SOUTH
This is one of the biggest propaganda today. Politicians especially from the ruling Party(PDP) and opinion leaders have made it look like voting the Biggest opposition party, APC is returning power to the North. They also make it look that 2015 is a battle between the North and South.
FACT
The PDP, APC and other parties have combination of Northern and Southern politicians. In the PDP, the Vice President and National Chairman is from the North, while the President is from the South. Likewise the APC, the National Chairman is from the South. Its Presidential candidate will most likely come from the North,( if so, the VP will be from the South). Electing either party is not equivalent to maintaining power in the South nor returning same to the North. 2015 is not a battle between South and North, but between APC, PDP and others

2. INSURGENCY IS A CREATION OF THE NORTH TO FRUSTRATE JONATHAN

FACT
This is unfortunate but a very sad view held by even the most "intelligent". The insurgency in the NE is a creation of miscreants who are victims of bad governance and decided to use terrorism to intimidate, kill and help themselves. The victims of BH cuts across every tribe from Igbo to Ijaw to Yoruba to Efik to Hausa/fulani to Berom etal. The Biggest victims are the locals who have lost their relatives, source of livelihoods, homes, freedom and their lives.

3. BUHARI IS AN ISLAMIC BIGOT AND APC IS AN ISLAMIC PARTY:

This propaganda was a creation of a section of the media and the ruling PDP. Unfortunately, it is held by some innocent Southerners.

FACT
Buhari has never been an islamist. He turned down request by Organisation of Islamic Countries to enlist Nigeria when he was the Head of State. Sadly, General IBB enlisted Nigeria shortly after he took power. Till today, Nigeria is still a member despite having christian Presidents(Obj and GEJ). Buhari's personal driver of many years was a Christian. He had a mix of Christian and Muslims in his Cabinet as Head of State. He jailed a Muslim Governor for 300years among others.
APC is neither a Christian nor muslim party. It has a mix of Christian and Muslim faithfuls in its Exco rank. Religion is not in its Agenda.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Propaganda: Its Influence On Our Political Choice by Nobody: 7:13pm On Sep 22, 2014
4. IRRESPECTIVE OF OUR VOTES, THE ANOINTED CANDIDATES WILL STILL WIN

This is one of the biggest scam which many of us have assumed to be truth. The aim of this is for the thieving class to continue to manipulate the process and perpetrate themselves in power.
FACT:
Votes Count if we want it to. When we troop out, vote and stay to defend our votes, manipulation becomes difficult and the process becomes more credible. Our preferred candidate is elected and because he knows that we voted him in, he will be forced to perform and not owe allegiance to any godfather.

5. OPPOSITION AND CRITICS OF GOVT ARE ENEMIES OF GOVT/STATE..
FACT: Critics of government are in the real sense friends of the government. When you criticise with facts, it makes the government adjust and focus on what they were elected to do. A non critical opposition is a call for autocratic government. When government do things right or wrong, it affects the populace irrespective of the side of the divide. Opposition and Critics are important in any sane society.

TO NIGERIA ELECTORATE/POPULACE

The Nigeria's electorate has been awashed with propaganda against fellow citizens, regions, political parties and some prominent personalities, which we unfortunately but innocently assumes to be truth. It influences our political decisions in terms of political party association and our reaction to politicians and office seekers.
In the past, we campaign and vote for candidates and parties due to the information we hold about his/her major opponent and not because we believe that solution lies with who we are campaigning for, as a result we find ourselves to be at the mercies of who we elect instead of the other way round.

CONCLUSION
I enjoin all of us to take a sober reflection and analyse our stance and opinion to politics, our affiliation to parties and our choice candidates. Let us all seek for knowledge and ask questions when necessary. We have to get things right. Many of us are holding on to wrong notion which we innocently hold to be truth(Just like I once did until few months ago). It is never too late to evaluate what we stand for and take a firm position for the good of us all and the society.

God bless Us All
#Barcanista

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Propaganda: Its Influence On Our Political Choice by Nobody: 7:18pm On Sep 22, 2014
cc: Gbawe, kel4soft, neenar, sincere9gerian, firefire United1, descartes, egift, arewafederation, anago9000, anago900, bigass, donphilopus, BERem, demdem , lakpalakpa , whitecat007 , OrlandoOwoh , lakpalakpa, omenka tribaleast danot1030 obiagelli Keneking
Re: Propaganda: Its Influence On Our Political Choice by kel4soft: 8:05pm On Sep 22, 2014
Booked.
Re: Propaganda: Its Influence On Our Political Choice by Nobody: 8:08pm On Sep 22, 2014
kel4soft: Booked.
Thanks!!! I will be glad if you share with your followers cool
Re: Propaganda: Its Influence On Our Political Choice by brownlords: 8:10pm On Sep 22, 2014
So much for this okrika born turn Yoruba meruwa boy, no offence, do you make use of your brain atall? You are the most confused and bigoted soul on this forum, you need get a life bro
Re: Propaganda: Its Influence On Our Political Choice by Nobody: 8:12pm On Sep 22, 2014
brownlords: So much for this okrika born turn Yoruba meruwa boy, no offence, do you make use of your brain atall? You are the most confused and bigoted soul on this forum, you need get a life bro
wher is the bigotry in this topic? Or are you trolling? Are you having Comprehension/reading challenges?
Re: Propaganda: Its Influence On Our Political Choice by brownlords: 8:20pm On Sep 22, 2014
barcanista: wher is the bigotry in this topic? Or are you trolling?

Go through all your post here and you understand better, from your constant criticism against some tribes, and recent comment about Ayo, you live and smell bigotry
Re: Propaganda: Its Influence On Our Political Choice by Nobody: 8:28pm On Sep 22, 2014
brownlords:

Go through all your post here and you understand better, from your constant criticism against some tribes, and recent comment about Ayo, you live and smell bigotry
The same person that called me an Okrika born that turned "yoruba" meruwa is accusing me of bigotry? What you fail to realise is that I don't hate the igbos and I don't wish them harm. I have some belief which I stand for, because it is contrary to what majority of you believe in, you misrepresent it to be hate on your tribe and throw the first tribalistic shot at me. I am most times at the defensive when it comes to tribal abuses. I don't even see how that relates to this thread!!!!!

As for Ayo, forget it. Don't even go there

5 Likes

Re: Propaganda: Its Influence On Our Political Choice by brownlords: 8:32pm On Sep 22, 2014
barcanista: [s]The same person that called me an Okrika born that turned "yoruba" meruwa is accusing me of bigotry? What you fail to realise is that I don't hate the igbos and I don't wish them harm. I have some belief which I stand for, because it is contrary to what majority of you believe in, you misrepresent it to be hate on your tribe and throw the first tribalistic shot at me. I am most times at the defensive when it comes to tribal abuses. I don't even see how that relates to this thread!!!!!

As for Ayo, forget it. Don't even go there[/s]

Nonsense, sorry to burst your burble, I'm no Ibo
Re: Propaganda: Its Influence On Our Political Choice by anagolized: 8:35pm On Sep 22, 2014
perfectly put brother!!! more ink to your pen. as usually the brainwashed kids are here already throwing tantrums.
Re: Propaganda: Its Influence On Our Political Choice by Nobody: 8:35pm On Sep 22, 2014
First off, correct the misspelling on your thread title.

Next, breathe.

Okay, now listen:

Politics is all propaganda. It's just 2 or more sides playing dirty in a media tussle to solicit votes while covering their own dirt, so why make a whole thread to discuss the proverbial blueness of the sky?
Re: Propaganda: Its Influence On Our Political Choice by Nobody: 8:39pm On Sep 22, 2014
And yes, I didn't read your OP.

There's 2 sides to every argument and I am sure that some expert on political copy can skillfully draft a post that will "logically" tear apart your points while accusing you of propaganda.

Rendering your stance as contrived as the next polithiefian.
Re: Propaganda: Its Influence On Our Political Choice by Nobody: 8:39pm On Sep 22, 2014
brownlords:

Nonsense, sorry to burst your burble, I'm no Ibo
if you like be a German its not my business but I knw whr you were driving @.
Anyway, the original topic isn't designed for tribal war.

1 Like

Re: Propaganda: Its Influence On Our Political Choice by Nobody: 8:45pm On Sep 22, 2014
anagolized: perfectly put brother!!! more ink to your pen. as usually the brainwashed kids are here already throwing tantrums.
Thank you my brother!!! I saw his tantrums and I expected it. I wonder when some of these people will stick to issues rather than "personality fight", making accusation that they are guilty of
Re: Propaganda: Its Influence On Our Political Choice by Nobody: 8:54pm On Sep 22, 2014
chulla12: And yes, I didn't read your OP.

There's 2 sides to every argument and I am sure that some expert on political copy can skillfully draft a post that will "logically" tear apart your points while accusing you of propaganda.

Rendering your stance as contrived as the next polithiefian.
how will you criticise something you didn't read?
Re: Propaganda: Its Influence On Our Political Choice by NgeneUkwenu(f): 9:02pm On Sep 22, 2014
brownlords: So much for this okrika born turn Yoruba meruwa boy, no offence, do you make use of your brain atall? You are the most confused and bigoted soul on this forum, you need get a life bro

This useless Nairaland marabout, so this is all you can contribute after going through this wonderful and well -researched piece by the Op??

I always suspect you to be an illiterate troll and you just sealed it off with this your cynic and myopic response! Fuvck off idiat!

2 Likes

Re: Propaganda: Its Influence On Our Political Choice by NgeneUkwenu(f): 9:12pm On Sep 22, 2014
@Barcanista, thank you for this wonderful piece! You are always witty and engaging, in your analysis of Nigeria political barometer. I doff my hat!

Keep it up, I always enjoy reading you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Propaganda: Its Influence On Our Political Choice by brownlords: 9:18pm On Sep 22, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

This useless Nairaland marabout, so this is all you can contribute after going through this wonderful and well -researched piece by the Op??

I always suspect you to be an illiterate troll and you just sealed it off with this your cynic and myopic response! Fuvck off idiat!

You idiat, what is wonderful about a post from a bigoted soul like banicanster, nothing to take from that biased okrika boy, did you see how he turned the write up in favor of your paymasters, you and him need get a life
Re: Propaganda: Its Influence On Our Political Choice by Nobody: 9:35pm On Sep 22, 2014
NgeneUkwenu: @Barcanista, thank you for this wonderful piece! You are always witty and engaging, in your analysis of Nigeria political barometer. I doff my hat!

Keep it up, I always enjoy reading you.
Thank you!!!!!! I appreciate
Re: Propaganda: Its Influence On Our Political Choice by Nobody: 9:38pm On Sep 22, 2014
brownlords:

You idiat, what is wonderful about a post from a bigoted soul like banicanster, nothing to take from that biased okrika boy, did you see how he turned the write up in favor of your paymasters, you and him need get a life
why are yu pained? If you have anything against "our paymaster" why not let it out? Do you have to fight over nothing? What is your problem sef? Is TAN putting pressure on you to troll/post?
Re: Propaganda: Its Influence On Our Political Choice by chimerase2: 9:53pm On Sep 22, 2014
Smh undecided
Re: Propaganda: Its Influence On Our Political Choice by omenka(m): 8:52am On Sep 23, 2014
He makes use of his brain. I think you should look in the mirror and ask the person you see staring back at you that question. Since he decided not to see things from the conventional perspective of intransigent TANoids, he has turned a "Yoruba Meruwa" huh?? I feel so damn sorry for some of you and pity the kids that will bear the misfortune of being raised by parents like yourself. Pray tell, what in God's gracious name can be said to be this admin's legacy?? All they have bequeathed on Nigeria is "Corruption Inc" and Ethnoreligious Politicking.

In you people's minds, the Bamanga Tukurs and Labaran Makus of this world are not "Ab¤kis" but the Lai Mohameds and El Rufais are, and that is the same dangerous orientation you are bound to pass unto your progeny!! Isn't that a pity??

Ps: Barcanista nor vex abeg, I just say make I respond to this olofofo before I coment.

1 Like

Re: Propaganda: Its Influence On Our Political Choice by Nobody: 9:11am On Sep 23, 2014
omenka: He makes use of his brain. I think you should look in the mirror and ask the person you see staring back at you that question. Since he decided not to see things from the conventional perspective of intransigent TANoids, he has turned a "Yoruba Meruwa" huh?? I feel so damn sorry for some of you and pity the kids that will bear the misfortune of being raised by parents like yourself. Pray tell, what in God's gracious name can be said to be this admin's legacy?? All they have bequeathed on Nigeria is "Corruption Inc" and Ethnoreligious Politicking.

In you people's minds, the Bamanga Tukurs and Labaran Makus of this world are not "Ab¤kis" but the Lai Mohameds and El Rufais are, and that is the same dangerous orientation you are bound to pass unto your progeny!! Isn't that a pity??

Ps: Barcanista nor vex abeg, I just say make I respond to this olofofo before I coment.
I don't know the problem of people like brownlord and their bunch of bandwagons. They see everything like war and do/die thing
Re: Propaganda: Its Influence On Our Political Choice by thunderrider: 10:15am On Sep 23, 2014
It is high time we start having a better look at the aspirants' agenda and the party's

this might change our political landscape
Re: Propaganda: Its Influence On Our Political Choice by Nobody: 10:18am On Sep 23, 2014
thunderrider: It is high time we start having a better look at the aspirants' agenda and the party's

this might change our political landscape
Thank you, a thorough audit of Aspirants, their antecedents, political parties and their associates will give us a picture of what they represent. We also need to also vet manifestoes of political parties and the candidates/aspirants. If we do this things, we will get things right.

(1) (Reply)

2015: Will David Mark Return For The Fifth Time? / The Igbo Project / APC to Jonathan: Explain Dokubo-asari’s Role In Seized $9.3m Armsdeal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.