Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,340 members, 7,881,252 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 03:16 PM

US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel (49922 Views)

Nigeria Buys Helicopters From Russia / US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel / FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by lilprinze: 9:50am On Sep 23, 2014
am not surprised they have never showed true concern about trying to help us defeat BH they only like displaying to the whole world how weak our soldiers are

4 Likes

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by BlackTechnology: 9:51am On Sep 23, 2014
skullz: During operation serval by the french against malian insurgents, the Algerians initially denied the french a safe passage across their airspace to carry out bombing raids in mali.
The french had to plead and engage in diplomstic tussle before they were granted one.
Algeria had the balls to do this because they know their military is capable.

Had the Algeria depended solely on western hardwares, would they have a strong military?? I don't think so.

Respect is earned.

That is why I keep insisting that we develop indigeous weapons through our university/polytechnic students project work

10 Likes

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by Nobody: 9:52am On Sep 23, 2014
BlackTechnology: Until FG secretly instructs National University/Polytechnic Commission to encourage weapons related projects at student, department, departmental Association, faculty, University, states, geopolitical, regional and national levels, US will continue to treat us with disdain
3000likes

9 Likes

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by hakanai(m): 9:55am On Sep 23, 2014
I am still baffled by the comments from Nigerians and her government. At present the Nigerian Government has countless allies to buy from and willing sellers even in the illegal market. We don't need US high tech to beat BH. A moderate level weaponry can do the magic. Left for me if not that BH has continuously seized weapon,which they use to fight the same government army there is nothing sophisticated about the BH weaponry. Can we Do the Abacha things, Acquire weapons anywhere legal or illegal. Stop the begging and hoping that America will be our friend forever.
We have the Russia made helicopters that can do what the chinook can do. We have the Chinese,the south Africans,Koreans (north), the Iranians and lots more. We should put our interest First Jor. Anywhere the solution can be found lets go there!!! We are not the first to deal or trade with rogue countries!!!!! If they have it, lets buy it because of our urgent needs. China can give us everything we need to counter the BH problem. Even the drones! yes at cheaper rate.Some will say its substandard. Considering what we have and the last procurement from Israel,i will take my chances.
We continue to be ripped off by the so called west when we need armament. Its costly and they just put silly restrictions all around it. We are in Africa for God sake. People we fight here , simply use the typical small arms. All we need is some freaking planes and armored vehicles up there sending it back to them.I am tired of all this begging the west for help. We need to move on. They put it on the doors of human right violations and yet without providing the weaponry,the bad guys are continuously violating other peoples right at humongous proportion! which is better ?
Naija wake up and is time we even look inwards. Pull some profs and foreign Naija gurus. Get them cracking and patronize there inventions. Share the challenges with them and allow them time to develop or respond with solutions.We need to allow our system locally grow. Innoson,ANAMCO and PAN should be given specifications for amour vehicles. if they can meet the requirement they should be patronized.
Lets buy planes from Russia and China. Meanwhile i know we have plenty Air force jet allowed to rot on the runways?hangers. Mostly MIGs we should have more than 10 units. Get the Russians to come revive them and upgrade them. So we send them to combat while we sort out the procurement of there replacement.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by thunderrider: 9:56am On Sep 23, 2014
Na today u sabi US

they are known to speak from both sides of their mouth

fond of propagandas

3 Likes

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by tempest01(m): 10:00am On Sep 23, 2014
The same US that would arm opposition forces to bring down legitimate governments, and the weapons well be used to commit atrocities later.

We have the resources to build up our economy.

Our graduates perform exceptionally well abroad. We need quality investments in education not giving or block building contracts at inflated prices.

Our problem all comes down to corruption.

5 Likes

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by Gboliwe: 10:01am On Sep 23, 2014
I admit, I was fooled by the seeming goodness of the US.

What a shame!

13 Likes

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by eruchboy(m): 10:05am On Sep 23, 2014
Are choppers and other killing machines made only in America,but they are just following their foreign policy of not fully supporting non-aligned nations.we should also beware of buying used/faulty weapons
Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by Nobody: 10:08am On Sep 23, 2014
seanet02:
Abi o. The hypocrisy of America is stinking and irritating. The same America is supplying weapons to Saudi Arabia where people have their hands and head cut off by the Wahabis year in year out.

80 billion dollars worth of arms to saudi arabia. A country where women don't drive and limbs are publicly chopped off.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by Nobody: 10:08am On Sep 23, 2014
This America own is too much Zmapp them no gree give us we still survive, now they say human rights violation, so when boko haram was killing people that was animal right abi, rubbish it's time we start doing business with China and Japan and forget this USA of a thing.

5 Likes

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by Nobody: 10:10am On Sep 23, 2014
seanet02:
America and double standards.
Isnt Saudi Arabia the number one human rights abuser in the world?
yet America supplied them billions worth of weapons every year

Because if Saudi falls to the Islamic fundamentalists, or to Iran....fuel prices around the world could reach sky high proportions

(And would benefit our economy....BTW smiley)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by Ochiske(m): 10:10am On Sep 23, 2014
and the Fg is telling us all these after their 9.3million dollar saga failed why didn't they raise this issue ever since if the Fg really wants to put an end to terrorism in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by Nobody: 10:10am On Sep 23, 2014
USA, nigerias best friend. Enjoy the warm friendship.
Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by Nobody: 10:11am On Sep 23, 2014
Ngwakwe:
When I stated that Amnesty International was playing the pipers tunes to justify US and British sabotage, some abuse and insulted me now what are you seeing?

Amnesty routinely blasts the USA.

Amnesty on US in Guantanamo

[url=http://www.amnesty.org/en/for-media/press-releases/usa-amnesty-international-calls-criminal-investigation-following-cia-%E2%80%98wa]Amnesty on waterboarding[/url]
Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by Gorrbachev: 10:11am On Sep 23, 2014
Yet we have faculty of engineering in almost every University and polytechnic in this country. Even those block heads in NDA will call themselves army engineers. mediocre evil black race trying to buy weapons in the middle of the night.

On the other hand, You don't know what they know: Our government has shown signs of being capable of ethnic cleansing, the government is not sincere. People with Ebola character walk in and out of Aso-rock nowadays.

5 Likes

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by amiskurie(m): 10:12am On Sep 23, 2014
And don't forget orisatjefor and jona's romance with isreal,these pple simply block Nigeria's military to overcome the terrorism.

I dnt have to read the news.

2 Likes

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by seanet02: 10:13am On Sep 23, 2014
Henry120:

80 billion dollars worth of arms to saudi arabia. A country where women don't drive and limbs are publicly chopped off.

4 Likes

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by santana45: 10:13am On Sep 23, 2014
US OHHH, NIGERIA OHHH, All na wash.
Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by shafanik: 10:14am On Sep 23, 2014
femmy2010: The Govt should stop fooling Nigerians jare.
If USA doesn't sell Weaponry and craft the Russians would gladly sell and even collect payment on delivery.
Instead they used a privately owned jet to move cash "supposedly" meant to procure arms from SA.
What happened to all our Military Aircraft that can be used for such a mission? What happened to our CBN moving the cash to SA for them?
Nigeria is indeed a theater of the absurd.
God Have Mercy.

What's wrong with u? Its obvious u did not read the report...

“We had even tried to procure arms from Russia but this was stalled because of the Ukrainian crisis, thus compelling us to turn to other nations like Israel. But even this has been frustrated by the US,” he said.

8 Likes

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by 100Cents: 10:14am On Sep 23, 2014
Isn't it the same U.S. that asked that Ihejirika be probed for fighting boko haram ?

I am not surprised.

But tell U.S. that their boy shekau is probably in hell by now..

9 Likes

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by Nobody: 10:15am On Sep 23, 2014
egift: Tell Jonathan to use the Front door during the day and stop climbing people backyard fence at night in search of illegal arms. grin grin grin

If they need any military gear, he should go to the manufacturers and stop the 3rd party illegal deal.

As usual typing nonsense. Stick to APC/PDP fight and stop embarrassing yourself trying to talk about black arm sales which you have no single idea about

10 Likes

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by NetworkProblem: 10:16am On Sep 23, 2014
let me refresh your memory.. this same america predicted Nigeria will divide by 2015.. 2015 is still on sight yet their foolish prediction looks unfeasible.. boko haram is their main weapon in dividing nigeria and they will do anything to make it possible.. so yes .. they also see boko haram as a bargaining tool against nigeria.. and meanwhile, nigeria is tending towards isreal and china.. not america..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by deb(m): 10:16am On Sep 23, 2014
This post is so funny. It is written as though Jonathan is intelligent enough to pull his points through to Obama and get a result. Retardeen presido of all time

3 Likes

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by Mykel4God(m): 10:16am On Sep 23, 2014
Chai.........diaris God o!
Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by F117A: 10:17am On Sep 23, 2014
I wish i was president.
We dont need western weapons;for fucck sakes.
It will end up useless due to sanctions just like in the 80s.
Begin a radical permanent shift to the east now.

2 Likes

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by winner01(m): 10:18am On Sep 23, 2014
chinazaekperem2: America really want their assertion about nigeria's division in 2015 to come to pass. They will go any length to make sure it happens, shame on them.
don't get me wrong, but which other way do you see Nigeria getting better?

1 Like

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by Kirinwa: 10:19am On Sep 23, 2014
Nigeria should resort to third party purchase then. Its called common sense.

They don't want you to purchase their products but you need. Link up someone who they will supply to and buy back from that person.
Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by arabbunkum: 10:20am On Sep 23, 2014
Believe it or not, their mission is to ensure that their prophecy of Nigeria's disintegration in 2015 comes to pass.

3 Likes

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by chinazaekperem2: 10:20am On Sep 23, 2014
winner01: don't get me wrong, but which other way do you see Nigeria getting better?
bros eh! only by the grace of God ooo, but US shouldn't make it difficult for us.
Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by adisarasaq(m): 10:20am On Sep 23, 2014
Ngwakwe:

@Egift

Have you ever seen this article and what do you expect from Banks across the world when they get instruction from US to scuttle a deal or work against US foreign policy?

Its time to look into what china call de-americanize world currency

5 Likes

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by julioralph(m): 10:20am On Sep 23, 2014
Obama is a disappointment.

2 Likes

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by eunisam: 10:21am On Sep 23, 2014
USA help us fight haramite u refused,allow us do it u refused.why? Why?? Why

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Hon Patrick Obahiagbon Celebrates His Birthday, See What He Posted On Facebook / "Oloibiri" Where Nigeria's Crude Oil Was 1st Discovered And Drilled(photos) / Igbo Kwenu. Beautiful Igbo Ladies For BAT. Pictures.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.