Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,633 members, 7,951,630 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 07:53 PM

Inside TB Joshua’s Broken Temple - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Inside TB Joshua’s Broken Temple (1896 Views)

Olumba's Supreme Temple Calabar: God's Third And Last Temple Will Be In Calabar / VIDEO: People Go CRAZY Inside TB Joshua's Church!!! / Prophet Tb Joshua 2014 Prophecy About APC & PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inside TB Joshua’s Broken Temple by khukhi(f): 8:09am On Sep 23, 2014
2014-09-21 20:59

Jacques Pauw, City Press

Multimedia · User Galleries · News in Pictures
Send us your pictures · Send us your stories

Related LinksSA govt sending plane to fetch collapse survivors
Church collapse: Picture of chaos emerges
Anxious mom awaits daughter’s return from Nigeria

kalahari.comWelcome, Holy Spirit
Welcome to Holy Spirit is an international bestseller teaching people how to experience the dynamic... Now R153.00
buy now
Johannesburg - Ruben Kruger, a veteran of 36 tests in the green and gold, returned after a week in Nigeria and declared that a Pentecostal preacher he called the Prophet had healed his brain cancer, City Press reports.

Temitope Balogun “TB” Joshua prayed for him in the Synagogue Church of All Nations compound while thousands of people sang, danced and wailed, Kruger said.

As Joshua bent over him and implored the demon to be gone from his body, Kruger felt the tumour leaving him. He was cured, Joshua declared, handing him oil to rub on his head.

“I no longer have to drink my chemo pills,” Kruger said on his return. “You cannot describe the feeling to anyone who has not experienced it. It was an unbelievable – or should I say believable – experience.”

The floodgates opened and the Prophet’s newest converts were white, mostly Afrikaans and relatively conservative. They swopped the NG and Hervormde churches for a Nigerian “turn-or-burn” approach to redemption.

It took me some time to understand why the Afrikaner psyche found Joshua so irresistible.

Why were they prepared to seek salvation in a country they perceived to be drowning in greed, political rot and economic decay?

Christianity Nigerian-style was worlds apart from the chains and shackles of Calvinism. Joshua unchained them. He allowed them to worship with a gusto and fervour previously thought unseemly.

That the new messiah was black and his church in Africa’s biggest and maddest metropolis only added to the allure.

Documentary

A year or two after Kruger returned from Lagos, I made the same journey. On the plane was another Springbok rugby player, 25-year-old lock Wium Basson, who was dying of liver cancer. He was accompanied by his mother, Cloeté Geldenhuys, and had to get special permission from SAA to make the journey.

I was making a TV documentary and my challenge to Joshua was straightforward: allow me to film how you heal Basson. If you succeed, I promise I will show it to the world.

When we arrived at Joshua’s compound, the TV team and I were in effect incarcerated. For two weeks, we were forbidden to leave the grounds.

We were told we could not drink or smoke, and had to attend services and events with the pilgrims.

While I stayed in a dormitory with other pilgrims, Wium and Cloeté set up camp in a private room.

The church took away the young man’s morphine and pain pills.

During our first interview, a softly spoken, affable Joshua said it would be easy to heal Wium because he had nothing but a “little sore” on his liver.

At Sunday sermons, the afflicted lined up with placards stating what condition they needed healed.

There were lines of people seeking a cure for HIV/Aids, cancer and heart conditions, business failures, wandering spouses and dull brains.

A festive, almost joyous atmosphere filled the compound as churchgoers sang, clapped and danced. Evil spirits were cast out and those set free by the Prophet writhed in the dirt while vomiting out the demons.

'Placebo effect'

Joshua prayed for every person in the line and declared them all healed. He ordered them to stop using any medication and trust in God.

Among the pilgrims was Capetonian John Rindel, who was suffering from full-blown Aids and already had dementia.

He had arrived at the church several weeks before we did, was prayed for by Joshua and declared completely healed.

He had stopped taking his medicine and showed remarkable improvement.

Scientists refer to this as the “placebo effect” of faith healing. A patient can experience genuine pain relief and other symptomatic alleviation after being prayed for.

The relief is short-lived and the patient soon returns to his original condition.

The internet is filled with reports from organisations like the American Cancer Society and the British Medical Journal that found no evidence faith healing can cure physical ailments.

On my request, Rindel agreed to go for two independent HIV/Aids tests when he returned to South Africa. Both showed he was still positive. He died a short while later.

The BBC recently investigated the London branch of the church and reported that three women had died after being “healed” and told to stop taking their HIV/Aids medication.

I challenged the pilgrims to provide me with medical proof that they had been healed. None did.

Ruben Kruger died in 2010 just before his 40th birthday.

And Wium Basson?

Joshua never prayed for him. He said God had not sent him a message to do so.

The young man left the church broken, disillusioned and at death’s door. He died a few days after returning to South Africa.

Before I left the church, Joshua handed me, and the camera and sound people, thick envelopes full of hundred dollar notes. He wanted to be sure we’d produce a positive programme.

We gave the envelopes back.

A year or so after the programme aired – and generated a massive response from people who called us accusing Joshua of all sorts of misdeeds – the preacher produced a video of a 76-year-old South African man named Moses he said he’d brought back from the dead.

Moses was among a group of South African pilgrims in Lagos when he had a heart attack in the dining room.

Videos distributed around the world showed three pilgrims, one a doctor from Bloemfontein, trying to resuscitate Moses.

They failed, the videos reported, and Moses was carried into another room. Joshua walked in, bent over him and commanded: “In the name of Jesus, rise!”

Moses opened his eyes. It later emerged that Moses had been both alive and breathing when he was carried from the dining hall. He’d been resuscitated, not resurrected, and clever editing created a fake miracle.

I understand the despair of terminally ill people and why they grasp at final straws. My father died of lung cancer and might well have made the journey to Lagos.

I am just glad he is not here any more to become a victim of a ravenous tick that feasts on the blood of the ignorant, gullible and desperate.

- City Press

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Inside TB Joshua’s Broken Temple by Mologi(m): 8:36am On Sep 23, 2014
ok.....next one
.......bt u should free this man
........he's suffered a lot

1 Like

Re: Inside TB Joshua’s Broken Temple by BobNeli(m): 9:49am On Sep 23, 2014
How heavy the log of wood in peoptle's eyes. But no, it doesn't itch them. What really matters to them more, is the speck of sand in another man's. Bro. Well, among the seven gifts of the Holy spirit that I know. Criticism is not one. Why dnt you discover your calling and shine with it than waste a huge amount of effort, trying to bring down someone who has already established in his God's given talent? To be candid with you. Whom God has uplifted, no one can bring down. Focus your energy on something more profitable to you, than side talk. It only shows how insignifcantly your mind has been molded. The coverage of events are only ment for distant fibbly minded watchdogs like u. Who rearely believes anything but lies. How can you also convince the teeming population who are constantly present to witness the events life and direct. Those who needn't your kind of mischief clips to confirm the truth. Can't you see that your porpoted damage to the name of the innocent, can only succeed in spreading his fame futher than not? Go and coock up more stories with ghost names. More over, God heals who He (God) wants to heal. Bible said. I will give favour to whom I want to give favour. Dnt blame the man of God for a miracle not accomplished, he is not God. He is only an instrument. When he told you that God has not sent him to your freind whom you came with. That should have atleast confirmed to you that he doesnt brag nor take the glory for himself. That he doesnt have his own healling powers. He only waits to hear from the One who sent him before he acts. If you had little iodine in your thyroid gland. The people you claimed died after their miracles. Did you ever care to inquire the kind of life they lived after? In the bible, there were ten lepers healed. According to Jesus, where went the rest nine? For only one came seeking the healler of his ailment. Not just comfortable that his ailment has been healed and then went astray. Let me remind you something here. The reason why miracles abound with men of God is not just for their (MOG) glory. It is for the people to belive that it is God who sent them. And moreover, that that same God is capable of what He promises. But the sole target is spreading the goodnews and bringing men to God. So if in a case, you received your miracle and walk away from the giver of the miracle, the devil, might still take the better of you.
Re: Inside TB Joshua’s Broken Temple by nora544: 11:44am On Sep 23, 2014
BobNeli: How heavy the log of wood in peoptle's eyes. But no, it doesn't itch them. What really matters to them more, is the speck of sand in another man's. Bro. Well, among the seven gifts of the Holy spirit that I know. Criticism is not one. Why dnt you discover your calling and shine with it than waste a huge amount of effort, trying to bring down someone who has already established in his God's given talent? To be candid with you. Whom God has uplifted, no one can bring down. Focus your energy on something more profitable to you, than side talk. It only shows how insignifcantly your mind has been molded. The coverage of events are only ment for distant fibbly minded watchdogs like u. Who rearely believes anything but lies. How can you also convince the teeming population who are constantly present to witness the events life and direct. Those who needn't your kind of mischief clips to confirm the truth. Can't you see that your porpoted damage to the name of the innocent, can only succeed in spreading his fame futher than not? Go and coock up more stories with ghost names. More over, God heals who He (God) wants to heal. Bible said. I will give favour to whom I want to give favour. Dnt blame the man of God for a miracle not accomplished, he is not God. He is only an instrument. When he told you that God has not sent him to your freind whom you came with. That should have atleast confirmed to you that he doesnt brag nor take the glory for himself. That he doesnt have his own healling powers. He only waits to hear from the One who sent him before he acts. If you had little iodine in your thyroid gland. The people you claimed died after their miracles. Did you ever care to inquire the kind of life they lived after? In the bible, there were ten lepers healed. According to Jesus, where went the rest nine? For only one came seeking the healler of his ailment. Not just comfortable that his ailment has been healed and then went astray. Let me remind you something here. The reason why miracles abound with men of God is not just for their (MOG) glory. It is for the people to belive that it is God who sent them. And moreover, that that same God is capable of what He promises. But the sole target is spreading the goodnews and bringing men to God. So if in a case, you received your miracle and walk away from the giver of the miracle, the devil, might still take the better of you.

I feel that you are a member of this man, and it is hard when you read that he cannot heal.
I know that you are so brainwashed from all the miracles what this fake pastors preach.

8 Likes

Re: Inside TB Joshua’s Broken Temple by edogho(m): 12:22pm On Sep 23, 2014
nora544:

I feel that you are a member of this man, and it is hard when you read that he cannot heal.
I know that you are so brainwashed from all the miracles what this fake pastors preach.

why waste ur time? i've seen some of his displays and i tell ya, they were really funny. like one where they were interviewing a demon!! lol. i was like wtf. very hilarious.
d pastor was like "who are u and what do u want" and d woman who was possessed by a supposed demon responded, "i am a demon of d highest order, i have destroyed d life of all d men she's laid with and i don't want her to marry or be successful". me was just laughing all through... crazy lazy lots, was all i could say before leaving mi friend's place grin

2 Likes

Re: Inside TB Joshua’s Broken Temple by plaetton: 4:58pm On Sep 23, 2014
BobNeli: How heavy the log of wood in peoptle's eyes. But no, it doesn't itch them. What really matters to them more, is the speck of sand in another man's. Bro. Well, among the seven gifts of the Holy spirit that I know. Criticism is not one. Why dnt you discover your calling and shine with it than waste a huge amount of effort, trying to bring down someone who has already established in his God's given talent? To be candid with you. Whom God has uplifted, no one can bring down. Focus your energy on something more profitable to you, than side talk. It only shows how insignifcantly your mind has been molded. The coverage of events are only ment for distant fibbly minded watchdogs like u. Who rearely believes anything but lies. How can you also convince the teeming population who are constantly present to witness the events life and direct. Those who needn't your kind of mischief clips to confirm the truth. Can't you see that your porpoted damage to the name of the innocent, can only succeed in spreading his fame futher than not? Go and coock up more stories with ghost names. More over, God heals who He (God) wants to heal. Bible said. I will give favour to whom I want to give favour. Dnt blame the man of God for a miracle not accomplished, he is not God. He is only an instrument. When he told you that God has not sent him to your freind whom you came with. That should have atleast confirmed to you that he doesnt brag nor take the glory for himself. That he doesnt have his own healling powers. He only waits to hear from the One who sent him before he acts. If you had little iodine in your thyroid gland. The people you claimed died after their miracles. Did you ever care to inquire the kind of life they lived after? In the bible, there were ten lepers healed. According to Jesus, where went the rest nine? For only one came seeking the healler of his ailment. Not just comfortable that his ailment has been healed and then went astray. Let me remind you something here. The reason why miracles abound with men of God is not just for their (MOG) glory. It is for the people to belive that it is God who sent them. And moreover, that that same God is capable of what He promises. But the sole target is spreading the goodnews and bringing men to God. So if in a case, you received your miracle and walk away from the giver of the miracle, the devil, might still take the better of you.

Yeah bro. I like your spirit.
We should all turn a blind eye to fraud and exploitation.
That would make a great society, wouldn't it? sad

If any of your family members died in that building collapse, I wonder if you would be saying same trash.

5 Likes

Re: Inside TB Joshua’s Broken Temple by Ranchhoddas: 5:12pm On Sep 23, 2014
brainwashed beyond remedy!

4 Likes

Re: Inside TB Joshua’s Broken Temple by BobNeli(m): 6:01am On Sep 24, 2014
plaetton:

If any of your family members died in that building collapse, I wonder if you would be saying same trash.
My dear, no body is above the challenges of life. Why we will want to castigate and speak against others in their own times of trials, let us also remember that thesame measure with which we measure others, same shall be opportioned unto us. I think our duty shouldnt just be, take the slightest opportunity to rubbish someone whom we have envied. If we are true xristians, we should learn to pray and love even our enemies. That was exactely what the author and finisher of our faith(JESUS CHRIST), taught us. Even, whilst he was about giving up the ghost on the cross, He looked at the people who had all these while, persecuted Him and said "father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing". That is the manner of love we were taught by His life.
Re: Inside TB Joshua’s Broken Temple by BobNeli(m): 6:35am On Sep 24, 2014
edogho: why waste ur time? i've seen some of his displays and i tell ya, they were really funny. like one where they were interviewing a demon!! lol. i was like wtf. very hilarious.
d pastor was like "who are u and what do u want" and d woman who was possessed by a supposed demon responded, "i am a demon of d highest order, i have destroyed d life of all d men she's laid with and i don't want her to marry or be successful". me was just laughing all through... crazy lazy lots, was all i could say before leaving mi friend's place grin
And u really sure u understand the things of the spirit? When Jesus met with the man with leigion, can u remember what transpired between them? Did Jesus ask him, "who are u"? What did the man with leigion answer? Have u by any means asked urself, why do those spirits tend to occupy peoples body instead of existing on their own? To help u a lil bit my brother. They do so because they dnt have there own bodies. Therefore, make use of the bodies of their victims in perpetrating their evils. The people they posses, provide them with mouth to speak. They provide them with all the diferent parts of the body to carry out their functions. Hence dear, if U hear a demon possesd person, confessing. It is not him that speaks but the spirit using him.
Re: Inside TB Joshua’s Broken Temple by BobNeli(m): 7:16am On Sep 24, 2014
nora544:

Being a menber or not has nothing to do with my advice. Let us not always be quick to judgements, condemnations and critisisms. We are all at thesame level of human frailties. Only if we will always realize that no one is perfect. Even we that are trying to condemn the other person. We have maybe as very many flaws morethan the person we've tended to condemn. Then we will be more economical when it comes to condemnation and critisim. And to help you with facts. Most of our condemnations, spring from assumptions which are rarely what they seem. Before you stick to your guns and want to joy over another person's misfortune. Always remember first to put urself in that person's shoes and ask, "Assuming I am this person, and what people are assuming about me is wrong. How will I feel". Moreover, this particular issue concerns an assumed man of God. Let us remember what God did to Myriam, Moses' sister who appointed herself a council of one to condemn Moses for disobeying the law by marrying from another tribe. Eventhough it was a law unto Isrealites at that time. God visited Myriam with leprosy for condemning His anoited. Remeber, he has fore-warned. "touch not my anoited and do my prophet no harm". If you have any fear for God at all, desist from issues concerning His shephereds. Eventhough they might make mistakes just as every other humanbeing. God knows hw best to correct them. The wisdom of man is like a filty rag before God. Always pray for spirit decernment rather than condemnations. Thank you.
Re: Inside TB Joshua’s Broken Temple by edogho(m): 10:45am On Sep 24, 2014
BobNeli: And u really sure u understand the things of the spirit? When Jesus met with the man with leigion, can u remember what transpired between them? Did Jesus ask him, "who are u"? What did the man with leigion answer? Have u by any means asked urself, why do those spirits tend to occupy peoples body instead of existing on their own? To help u a lil bit my brother. They do so because they dnt have there own bodies. Therefore, make use of the bodies of their victims in perpetrating their evils. The people they posses, provide them with mouth to speak. They provide them with all the diferent parts of the body to carry out their functions. Hence dear, if U hear a demon possesd person, confessing. It is not him that speaks but the spirit using him.
u sure don't understand d spiritual at all.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inside TB Joshua’s Broken Temple by Oduduwaboy(m): 10:46am On Sep 24, 2014
BobNeli: Being a menber or not has nothing to do with my advice. Let us not always be quick to judgements, condemnations and critisisms. We are all at thesame level of human frailties. Only if we will always realize that no one is perfect. Even we that are trying to condemn the other person. We have maybe as very many flaws morethan the person we've tended to condemn. Then we will be more economical when it comes to condemnation and critisim. And to help you with facts. Most of our condemnations, spring from assumptions which are rarely what they seem. Before you stick to your guns and want to joy over another person's misfortune. Always remember first to put urself in that person's shoes and ask, "Assuming I am this person, and what people are assuming about me is wrong. How will I feel". Moreover, this particular issue concerns an assumed man of God. Let us remember what God did to Myriam, Moses' sister who appointed herself a council of one to condemn Moses for disobeying the law by marrying from another tribe. Eventhough it was a law unto Isrealites at that time. God visited Myriam with leprosy for condemning His anoited. Remeber, he has fore-warned. "touch not my anoited and do my prophet no harm". If you have any fear for God at all, desist from issues concerning His shephereds. Eventhough they might make mistakes just as every other humanbeing. God knows hw best to correct them. The wisdom of man is like a filty rag before God. Always pray for spirit decernment rather than condemnations. Thank you.
What we are saying is that your mentor, TB JOSHUA is a frauuuuuuud and murderer who should be prosecuted for turning a 4-story building into 6-stories which then collapsed &squashed many people into a bloody mess! Are you just dull or dumb? Please, go back to the remaining guest house in your synagogue while you await the day of your own building collapse.

1 Like

Re: Inside TB Joshua’s Broken Temple by plaetton: 1:29pm On Sep 24, 2014
BobNeli: My dear, no body is above the challenges of life. Why we will want to castigate and speak against others in their own times of trials, let us also remember that thesame measure with which we measure others, same shall be opportioned unto us. I think our duty shouldnt just be, take the slightest opportunity to rubbish someone whom we have envied. If we are true xristians, we should learn to pray and love even our enemies. That was exactely what the author and finisher of our faith(JESUS CHRIST), taught us. Even, whilst he was about giving up the ghost on the cross, He looked at the people who had all these while, persecuted Him and said "father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing". That is the manner of love we were taught by His life.

Sometimes I wonder if you lack a capacity for thought or simply very dishonest.

Do you know how great societies are built?
It is by holding everyone accountable.
T.B Clown Joshua is not the victim here, rather, he is the culpable party responsible for the tragic deaths of over 115 people so far.
What happened was not an accident. It happened because of a reckless and irresponsible choices made by T.B clown Joshua. In any good society, he would certainly go to jail.
Shame on all of you that prefer to still your mouths deep down his bottom hole rather face the facts.

1 Like

Re: Inside TB Joshua’s Broken Temple by Nobody: 1:41pm On Sep 24, 2014
Exploitation at its best.

1 Like

Re: Inside TB Joshua’s Broken Temple by Nobody: 1:46pm On Sep 24, 2014
I wonder why some just love to pour sand sand for inside this pastor's garri. grin
Re: Inside TB Joshua’s Broken Temple by macof(m): 3:39pm On Sep 24, 2014
BobNeli: And u really sure u understand the things of the spirit? When Jesus met with the man with leigion, can u remember what transpired between them? Did Jesus ask him, "who are u"? What did the man with leigion answer? Have u by any means asked urself, why do those spirits tend to occupy peoples body instead of existing on their own? To help u a lil bit my brother. They do so because they dnt have there own bodies. Therefore, make use of the bodies of their victims in perpetrating their evils. The people they posses, provide them with mouth to speak. They provide them with all the diferent parts of the body to carry out their functions. Hence dear, if U hear a demon possesd person, confessing. It is not him that speaks but the spirit using him.

You know nothing of the spirit. You subscribe to dumb lies and comic tales and call that knowing things of the spirit.

Lmaogrin tb jah shiit has taken a shiit on ur brain

1 Like

Re: Inside TB Joshua’s Broken Temple by macof(m): 3:41pm On Sep 24, 2014
edogho: why waste ur time? i've seen some of his displays and i tell ya, they were really funny. like one where they were interviewing a demon!! lol. i was like wtf. very hilarious.

grin grin funny show tb jah shiit gives us
Re: Inside TB Joshua’s Broken Temple by edogho(m): 4:28pm On Sep 24, 2014
this one macof dey quote me so... u on facebook? share with me ur id.
Re: Inside TB Joshua’s Broken Temple by PastorAIO: 6:49pm On Sep 24, 2014
nora544:

clap clap clap
Re: Inside TB Joshua’s Broken Temple by PastorAIO: 6:53pm On Sep 24, 2014
plaetton:

He probably would still be saying the same trash. I realised that the problem with many nigerians is actually intractable. Jesus once said in the bible, I think it was in the parable of Lazarus, that even if a dead body should rise and try to set them straight, they will still not change. They are fully committed to Opacity.

1 Like

Re: Inside TB Joshua’s Broken Temple by PastorAIO: 6:56pm On Sep 24, 2014
Oduduwaboy:
What we are saying is that your mentor, TB JOSHUA is a frauuuuuuud and murderer who should be prosecuted for turning a 4-story building into 6-stories which then collapsed &squashed many people into a bloody mess! Are you just dull or dumb? Please, go back to the remaining guest house in your synagogue while you await the day of your own building collapse.

Maybe he is one of the ones went to TbJ for healing of Dull mind, but he still hasn't received his healing yet.

1 Like

Re: Inside TB Joshua’s Broken Temple by GooseBaba: 8:40pm On Sep 24, 2014

grin grin grin grin......too funny...!!! Too much church magic and nollywood..

Bros, get your mind right... Do away with childish story.
Re: Inside TB Joshua’s Broken Temple by macof(m): 11:00pm On Sep 24, 2014
edogho: this one macof dey quote me so... u on facebook? share with me ur id.
pm abeg
Re: Inside TB Joshua’s Broken Temple by beejaay: 7:36am On Sep 25, 2014

I just cant help but laugh at this..some people are just way dumb beyond remedy, even TB Joshua Dull miracle cannot heal this one

Seun abeg we need dislike botton
Re: Inside TB Joshua’s Broken Temple by khukhi(f): 4:52pm On Sep 25, 2014
Oduduwaboy:

grin
Harsh but true!
Re: Inside TB Joshua’s Broken Temple by Weah96: 3:37am On Sep 27, 2014

I expected you to be old enough to see through this demon business.
Re: Inside TB Joshua’s Broken Temple by Weah96: 3:43am On Sep 27, 2014
How come he didn't foresee the imminent deaths of his loyalists? Arsenal FC must have been playing that weekend. God usually sends him the scores of the matches before they're played. Hahaha.

(1) (Reply)

A Muslim's Defence Of The Peace In Islam / The Lord Satan! I Hail. / You Gain More By GOOGLING Than By Attending Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.