Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,777 members, 7,875,932 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:57 AM

Obama, The First Black President Of The USA. What Do You Think Guys? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Obama, The First Black President Of The USA. What Do You Think Guys? (1148 Views)

Rki Autos - ***Buying Cars From The USA Made Easy*** / **PRE-ORDERING FROM THE USA AT REAL TIME BIDDING . / Custom Order Your Car From The USA To Nigeria (VIEW NEW ORDERS FOR 2009!) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obama, The First Black President Of The USA. What Do You Think Guys? by babeisme: 5:15am On Nov 05, 2008
I am not unmindful that some of you have come here out of great trials and tribulations. Some of you have come fresh from narrow jail cells. And some of you have come from areas where your quest -- quest for freedom left you battered by the storms of persecution and staggered by the winds of police brutality. You have been the veterans of creative suffering. Continue to work with the faith that unearned suffering is redemptive. Go back to Mississippi, go back to Alabama, go back to South Carolina, go back to Georgia, go back to Louisiana, go back to the slums and ghettos of our northern cities, knowing that somehow this situation can and will be changed.

Let us not wallow in the valley of despair, I say to you today, my friends.

And so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream.

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal."

I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia, the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.

I have a dream that one day even the state of Mississippi, a state sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

I have a dream today!

I have a dream that one day, down in Alabama, with its vicious racists, with its governor having his lips dripping with the words of "interposition" and "nullification" -- one day right there in Alabama little black boys and black girls will be able to join hands with little white boys and white girls as sisters and brothers.

I have a dream today!

I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, and every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight; "and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed and all flesh shall see it together."²

This is our hope, and this is the faith that I go back to the South with.

With this faith, we will be able to hew out of the mountain of despair a stone of hope. With this faith, we will be able to transform the jangling discords of our nation into a beautiful symphony of brotherhood. With this faith, we will be able to work together, to pray together, to struggle together, to go to jail together, to stand up for freedom together, knowing that we will be free one day.

And this will be the day -- this will be the day when all of God's children will be able to sing with new meaning:

My country 'tis of thee, sweet land of liberty, of thee I sing.

Land where my fathers died, land of the Pilgrim's pride,

From every mountainside, let freedom ring!

And if America is to be a great nation, this must become true

-Martin Luther King Jr.

HISTORY HAS BEEN MADE Y'ALL. OBAMA HAS JUST BEEN DECLARED THE NEW PRESIDENT ELECT!

338 ELECTORAL VOTES.

1 WINNER

A BLACK MAN.

GOD BLESS AMERICA.

I KNOW THIS IS THE AUTO SECTION, BUT GUYS, PLEASE FREE TO SHARE YOUR REACTIONS!
Re: Obama, The First Black President Of The USA. What Do You Think Guys? by rasmur5: 5:25am On Nov 05, 2008
All I can say is I am so overwhelmed right now and I thank God that I am alive to see this day. This might be the most significant piece of political history in our lifetime, we should just take a moment to digest it and soak it all up.
Re: Obama, The First Black President Of The USA. What Do You Think Guys? by babeisme: 5:31am On Nov 05, 2008
pictures y'all

Re: Obama, The First Black President Of The USA. What Do You Think Guys? by babeisme: 5:33am On Nov 05, 2008
moreeeee

Re: Obama, The First Black President Of The USA. What Do You Think Guys? by babeisme: 5:34am On Nov 05, 2008
GOD is GOOD!

Re: Obama, The First Black President Of The USA. What Do You Think Guys? by demperor1: 8:30am On Nov 05, 2008
at last the dreams of martin luther king has come to past.he had a dream.babeisme good things is about to happen in america.congratulations to america,congratulations to all the black nations of the world
Re: Obama, The First Black President Of The USA. What Do You Think Guys? by Emperoh(m): 8:58am On Nov 05, 2008
Well what can i say.
I thank God it happened in my life time. . . . .
Re: Obama, The First Black President Of The USA. What Do You Think Guys? by igwe11(m): 9:34am On Nov 05, 2008
This is Goooooooooooooooooooooood News
Re: Obama, The First Black President Of The USA. What Do You Think Guys? by RICHIEBOI1(m): 10:21am On Nov 05, 2008
this is auto section not politics section.
Re: Obama, The First Black President Of The USA. What Do You Think Guys? by toba1909(m): 12:47pm On Nov 05, 2008
RICHIE BOI:

this is auto section not politics section.

Abi o,

Nevertheless, the joy of Obama being the 1st American President,
might have made her forget that.

It's time for CHANGE!!!
Re: Obama, The First Black President Of The USA. What Do You Think Guys? by MrCrackles(m): 12:49pm On Nov 05, 2008
Poster please open your eyes very well or wear your glasses next time you post!
Re: Obama, The First Black President Of The USA. What Do You Think Guys? by lee007(m): 1:23pm On Nov 05, 2008
I am happy the world can now see how possible it is to be anything u wanna be in America, but Nigerians must stop this ignorant follow follow of the Amrican political activities.

Firstly: this is not the approriate forum for this "wonderful post"

Secondly: Obama's reference to God throughout the race and the acceptance speech is next to Zero. undecided

Thirdly: The Democrats nominated and supported Obama as the best joker to get the Republicans out ( Not neccessarily for the love of "change" wink

Finally: Nigerians should be more concious and participate more in our own polity without which we as Nigerians can "NEVER" witness such beautiful change as witnesses in America.

I have spoken! cool
Re: Obama, The First Black President Of The USA. What Do You Think Guys? by blueprint7(m): 5:32pm On Nov 05, 2008
history will never stop, first black family in white house. this shows that anyone can do it, u can be what God destined you to be.
GO OBAMA !GO OBAMA! GO! join us for victory part in houston today.
Re: Obama, The First Black President Of The USA. What Do You Think Guys? by kuntash: 7:01am On Nov 06, 2008
IN AS MUCH AS MAJORITY OF NAIRALANDERS SUPPORT THIS GENTLEMAN'S VICTORY, THIS POST WOULD HAVE BEEN BEST PUT ON THE POLITICS SECTION PLSSSSSS.

(1) (Reply)

1999 Toyota Sienna Xle / Okada Ban In Port Harcourt / 2001 Honda Crv Forsale (so Clean So Fresh)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.