Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,784 members, 7,875,945 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 04:14 AM

The Thomas....(a Family) - Literature (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Thomas....(a Family) (232907 Views)

Just Like The Dew.....(a Family Show) / We Had A Family / R.I.P. Dr. Ozodi Thomas Osuji - An Elegy.y (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (75) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by D9ty7(m): 4:56pm On Mar 29, 2015

Serena carefully set the table after she had spent an hour in the kitchen fixing up breakfast for herself and her brothers.
"Where are you going?" Nate asked as soon as she saw her walking out of the living room.
"My room of course." She replied.
"To do what?"
"What do they do in the room?" She replied rudely.
"Are you talking to your elder brother like that?" Dave asked he emerged from the hallway where she was headed.
She kept quiet, rolled her eyes and kept staring at the floor.
"Are you not the one I am talking to?" Dave asked.
"What do you want me to say? Your question sounded somehow. 'Am I talking to my brother like that?' I don't get." She replied angrily as she made to walk out, but Dave blocked the hallway.
"Serena, talk to me, what the hell is your problem? You just been acting a little bit strange in the last few days." He said.
"Please, am not in for any of your talks. Let me get to my room." She said raising her voice.
"Serena, I won't warn you again. You'll be suprised at what will happen the next time you raise your voice at me." Dave said angrily.
"Fine, I won't raise my voice. Now can I go?" She asked.
"No you can't, we need to talk."
"When I was willing to hear everything you had to say, you hid it like I am an outcast or I am invalid. This is my family, the only family I have ever known, but the family that doesn't know me. I can't join discussion, I can't even contribute to issues, I am not listening to whatever crap you have to say...." Her voice trailed off.
Weakness they say can make us loose our composure in places that matters most. A popular philosopher once said, a weak mind will always lack composure, while a strong mind will sometime fall short of composure, the reason for that he said would be discussed another day.
Tears rolled down Serena's cheek as she muderously stared at her brothers.
"Serena, sit down." Nate cuts in, even though he regretted cutting in much later.
A wicked neighbour is not a person who saw you hang your clothes to dry and out of stupidity, he flung them all to the ground, but a wicked neighbour is that person you so much trust with everything you have, but in the end he used the trust you have for him to his own advantage, he let you suffer.
"Don't you tell me to keep quiet. After I spent the whole of yesterday trying to bail you out, even to the extent that a friend visiting me for the first time, meeting you for the first time met you behind the bars. I spent all I had on me, I pleaded like my life will end if you weren't released. Someone was seated in an air conditioned office during the whole time. I secured you bail, go home and asked you like a sister will ask her brother, you refused to tell me what happened. Even lies you couldn't frame up, only for the person who was seated in a air conditioned office, all through the time you were being held to return, and you started telling him everything. If there is one person that deserve to know everything, I am. And you know, dad's number is close, I can call him, but for the love I have for you, I decided to play along, but unknown to me, I am playing an abstract game." She screamed, while Dave and Nate had forlon looks on their faces.
"Serena, wait. Its all for the best." Dave cautioned.
"What kind of best is that? What do you plan to achieve with this? No matter the situation, I should be carried along, afterall, our parents had just the three of us. Or is there something that I don't know? Like, I was adopted or something."
Dave exchanged looks with Nate who gave him a you-are-on-your-own look and immediately he realised that everything falls back on him as the eldest child, he for the first time in weeks returned to the former Dave. He angrily picked up his laptop bag and car keys and he stormed out of the house.
He needed to clear his head, and the only place that offer him distraction is the office.

--to be continued--
Once again, make una no vex abeg.

2 Likes

Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Nobody: 5:20pm On Mar 29, 2015
U try sha but it's too small

But since you apologise,i go manage am like that.

Once again,THANKS
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Ndukings92(m): 5:20pm On Mar 29, 2015
D9ty7:
Abeg no vex, na ur boy I be. Oga activist, dey show activism here on Nairaland where u know no one will lock you up. Ask Gani, ask Fela.
na small small everything de start na,i go metamorphose from here na
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by kwencypresh(f): 5:23pm On Mar 29, 2015
we nor vex but ur update short
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Slimzjoe(m): 5:45pm On Mar 29, 2015
Now Playing: Let it Go by Idina Menzel wink

Oga Dee if this song finish and yhu never update ehn.... undecided
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by D9ty7(m): 5:49pm On Mar 29, 2015
Slimzjoe:
Now Playing: Let it Go by Idina Menzel wink

Oga Dee if this song finish and yhu never update ehn.... undecided
Abeg, put the song on repeat.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by D9ty7(m): 5:51pm On Mar 29, 2015
I will drop one more update today for sure, but that will be in hours time.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Slimzjoe(m): 5:53pm On Mar 29, 2015
D9ty7:

Abeg, put the song on repeat.

Ayaf repeat taya na cry
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by adewealth027(f): 5:59pm On Mar 29, 2015
I think I love the attitude serena is putting up now but for Christ's sake........let her stop crying all the time
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by D9ty7(m): 6:25pm On Mar 29, 2015
adewealth027:
I think I love the attitude serena is putting up now but for Christ's sake........let her stop crying all the time
If na u, u go dey laugh as u dey talk? I think thats how women are created
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Slimzjoe(m): 6:31pm On Mar 29, 2015
adewealth027:

Its you girls nature to get emotional about everything....nw that she's angry with her brothers sef, she's overdoing it already
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by snowhyt(f): 6:32pm On Mar 29, 2015
Nate and Dave are good o, if it were some other guys now Serena wld hv been in d hospital due 2 d slap she will receive 4 shouting @ her elder bro
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Shebarh(f): 6:52pm On Mar 29, 2015
Serena should take it easy na
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Nobody: 7:14pm On Mar 29, 2015
snowhyt:
Nate and Dave are good o, if it were some other guys now Serena wld hv been in d hospital due 2 d slap she will receive 4 shouting @ her elder bro
I agree with you jareh. But you know she is right to shout @ them.
If am in her shoes,I would probably do more,to think the bro you did everything to save does not deem it fit to let you know what's up but will rather tell someone who did nothing.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Onemansquad(m): 7:57pm On Mar 29, 2015
kitnah:
U try sha but it's too small

But since you apologise,i go manage am like that.

Once again,THANKS
so if e no apologise u no go manage am b4 undecided

mind yasef or else i go bounce u out of d thread
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Nobody: 8:14pm On Mar 29, 2015
Onemansquad:

so if e no apologise u no go manage am b4 undecided

mind yasef or else i go bounce u out of d thread
lol

U be bouncer?? shocked

Even if you bounce me out,i go still come back...d story dey sweet me wella. grin
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by snowhyt(f): 8:15pm On Mar 29, 2015
prettydiva89:

I agree with you jareh. But you know she is right to shout @ them.
If am in her shoes,I would probably do more,to think the bro you did everything to save does not deem it fit to let you know what's up but will rather tell someone who did nothing.
yea, it wasnt bad 4 her 2 shout and get angry bt she took it too far by tlking back @ Dave
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by stuff46(m): 8:49pm On Mar 29, 2015
No need to think, this dude go empty naija treasury plus sell both you the president... Albeit, no think atal.

prettydiva89:

i will think about that
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by stuff46(m): 9:04pm On Mar 29, 2015
snowhyt:

1. Serena has every right to knw all dat is going on cus she is caught in the middle of d whole thing...
2. imagin ur Uncle asking d police 2 arrest ur bro. then u bail him with all ur cash without u knwing his offence and then when u ask 2b told his offence, u are being treated like u are nothing...
3. Nate wld have just called Dave 2 bail him since he didnt want Serena 2 knw anything yet... wat they are doing is like showing a hungry man his food when they are not ready 2 give him 2 eat and u know d saying about a hungry man, don't u?

1. She has every right as a member of the family to know, [nobody is doubting that] but the only problem there is what she would do when she knows. Dave wants it as a top secret from their dad, i know she cant over that considering her mentality with steph's mum. Ones she told about it also, it could destroy her emotionally. Loosing your mother for those silly reasons and after some months hear that she is onto warming bed for an uncle Mehn she would die emotionally.

2. She overhead, she havent met or seen that he was the one pressing charges against her bro.

3. Nate considered that Dave would be at work and could not want to disturb him since father wasnt athome.

About bolded, a hungry man seeing food expect to be given food when he sights one, its not compulsory to satisfy them you know. He should find another place to get food.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by D9ty7(m): 9:10pm On Mar 29, 2015

One hour after Dave left for work angrily, Serena was at the dining eating her breakfast when Nate came out all dressed.
"Hey." He said.
She ignored him and continued her meal, but it has lost its taste.
"I think I need salt." She muttered as she stood up, but Nate's swiftness had catapaulted him to the door connecting the dinning room with the kitchen.
"What?" She asked rudely.
"I'll get it." He offered with a smile.
She glared at him for roughly a minute, thinking of what to say or how to react. Even though she was angry, she wanted to try her possible best in making sure that her anger level doesn't exceed its limit, because she knew the after effect will be to disappoint Taiwo who was hopeful that they'll be going out together. And the least she wanted to do was offend her new friend.
"Fine, I'll just eat. I don't need the salt anymore." She replied as she returned to her seat.
Nate walked towards her and sat down one one of the chairs. The smile on his face was becoming annoying and Serena was fast loosing her temper. She needed something to distract her.
"Serena, why are you acting up?" He asked.
Serena hissed quietly and kept picking at her food without taking it anywhere near her mouth.
"Serena." He called as he stretched his hand to probably hold hers or something, but she quickly dropped her spoon and withdrew her hand from his reach. To cover his failed attempt, he quickly got hold of the plate, drew it to himself and took a spoon to his mouth. He pushed the plate back to her, a victorious smile on his face.
"Finish it." She said with gritted teeth.
"Why?" He asked.
"You already ate it and its best you finish it to avoid wastage cos I have lost my appetite." She replied.
"Waoh! Serena, you lost our appetite because I ate out of your food? Do you know what that means? Hatred. Despite the fact that we are blood."
Emotional blackmail was something Nate hated most, but the best way to render an angry Serena powerless is by blackmailing her emotionally. Nate shook his head in disgust, and made for the door.
"I am off to the station. I was asked to show up today." He said as he turned the door knob.
"Wait." She called after him, but he ignored her.
She wanted to run after him and apologise, but a strong force held her to her seat. Even when she heard voices outside the house, like a chatter, she still didn't move an inch, neither was she curious to know whoever was chatting with Nate.
Her ringing phone caught her attention.
"Am coming right away." She said as she dropped her phone and made for the door where she opened the door for her friend.
"Don't tell me you are not ready."
"Actually, I am. Lemme just pick my purse." She said once Taiwo was seated on one of the couches.
She returned a minute later, all set.
"Oya, lets go." Serena said and together, the two friends walked out of the compound.
"Do you have your scratch card?" she asked.
"No." Serena replied.
"We'll have to go to the JAMB office first then." Taiwo said as she took a left turn towards the JAMB headquarters in Oyo state, which was about five to ten minutes walk away.
"I don't have a dime, except the three hundred naira in my purse."
"And I don't have much here, maybe we should quickly go to my house to get more money." Taiwo offered.
"Don't bother. Dad will give me once he returns on Sunday. I appreciate."
And with this, the two friends strolled from one cyber cafe to another without any success likely. The number of candidates waiting to printout their result was just too much.
"I don't believe all these people live in this area o. I mean, there are more shops than houses in this area." Serena said as they located a cybe cafe which was less rowdy with about ten people on the line.
"Dey there. Not all these people live in Agodi gate na. Most of them are from Old Ife road."
"And are you saying, there are no cyber cafe in Old Ife road?" Serena asked.
"That place is like and expressway. Maybe one or two cafe is what they have, you'll get to Alakia, Ajibode before you see cyber cafes aplenty and they'll have to take a cab while they'll trek to this place." Taiwo explained.
"Since when have you been living in Ibadan?" Serena asked.
"I schooled around that side, don't blame me." Taiwo replied with a laugh as they both crossed the road, and just then a black coloured golf 3 pulled up by the side of the road.
"Any problem?" Taiwo asked once she noticed the tensed look on Serena's face. Such that she had to look at the volkswagen twice to know why Serena became tensed at the mere sight of it. Then she saw the reason for the change in countenance.
"Lazy girl. I am here for you, no one dare tries rubbish." Taiwo assured as they joined the line, even though Serena has nothing to print out.

--to be cotinued--
Are we missing Anita already?

2 Likes

Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by StormAngel(f): 9:11pm On Mar 29, 2015
Serena supose don drink enough '5alive' if to say na som guys 4 NL be dave and nate grin

Feed me more d9ty7 cheesy
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by stuff46(m): 9:17pm On Mar 29, 2015
I have been holding this up in me for long. I mean she is just 19 de do this rubbish. Doctors for no fit handle her case
snowhyt:

d9ty7 nice updates.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by macpetrus(m): 9:27pm On Mar 29, 2015
Anita who is she? Becos she have nothin to say. I only miss pa james n Mama londoner...... Dave,Nate and serena should end their drama already!!!
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by omotalkie(f): 9:49pm On Mar 29, 2015
I'm pretty sure its Jake & Steph dat pulled over. "No one dare tries rubbish". Oh I lyk dis gurl. Serena babe dont worry, Taiwo gat ur back
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Nobody: 10:19pm On Mar 29, 2015
stuff46:
No need to think, this dude go empty naija treasury plus sell both you the president... Albeit, no think atal.

Thanks.. I think you are right
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Shebarh(f): 3:01am On Mar 30, 2015
dee y do u lyk putting us in suspense.. and as for anita am not missing her at all o... she should not come into d picture sef make she just dey d place wey fit am
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Onemansquad(m): 6:40am On Mar 30, 2015
Smh u tink say ah b lyk ur lipsrsealed wen she appoint me u go c changes oga dee sef knw me
stuff46:

Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Onemansquad(m): 6:43am On Mar 30, 2015
Dnt tel me u blv dat guy undecided he wants u to appoint him alone so he can loot our money bt wit me he cnt do dat cos he wil b afraid
prettydiva89:

Thanks.. I think you are right
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Nobody: 7:27am On Mar 30, 2015
Onemansquad:
Dnt tel me u blv dat guy undecided he wants u to appoint him alone so he can loot our money bt wit me he cnt do dat cos he wil b afraid
Who should I believe then
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Onemansquad(m): 7:45am On Mar 30, 2015
prettydiva89:

Who should I believe then
me of cox tongue
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by stuff46(m): 11:02am On Mar 30, 2015
Hmmm
Onemansquad:
Smh u tink say ah b lyk ur lipsrsealed wen she appoint me u go c changes oga dee sef knw me

Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Nobody: 11:10am On Mar 30, 2015
Still no updates undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (75) (Reply)

Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon / Choices / My Life At DESPO By Whizkidefe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.