Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,804 members, 7,972,876 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 09:15 PM

Any Doctor In The House? Please Help - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Any Doctor In The House? Please Help (918 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Ebola Latest: Another Nurse Dies, Doctor In Bad State / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Doctor In The House? Please Help by kufreabasi(m): 1:18pm On Nov 05, 2008
My sister was given injection few days ago and the spot developed seriouse boil with severe
pain and it drains pustule (pus). Apart from injection of which her skin does not like that, what possible
medicine ( tablet) can i give her before the situation gets out of hand.
please help
Re: Any Doctor In The House? Please Help by koksy(f): 11:56pm On Nov 05, 2008
u dnt hv to gv her any injection or tablet for that.it may jst b a local reaction at d site of injection.then it will resolve on its own.is it swollen&painful?
Re: Any Doctor In The House? Please Help by kufreabasi(m): 1:13pm On Nov 06, 2008
yes, it is painful and swollen even puss coming out.
'what is local reaction @ d site of injection' pls? if i may ask.
Re: Any Doctor In The House? Please Help by kathyekiti: 3:27am On Nov 07, 2008
Please get your sister to a hospital. Pus is a sign of infection
Re: Any Doctor In The House? Please Help by lynxnoon(m): 11:32pm On Nov 07, 2008
you would even need a strong antibiotic for dat
Re: Any Doctor In The House? Please Help by iDoc(m): 12:51am On Jan 20, 2009
It's called an injection abscess. Very painful. Very deep. Take her to the hospital immediately. The abscess will need I&grin then she may have antibiotics for up to a week. if u don't move fast she may loose the leg. sad

(1) (Reply)

Tragic End: Trailer Crushes Pregnant Woman, Husband, Friend / I'm An Intern Pharmacist Looking For A Weekend Locum Job In A Community Pharmacy / Periogen For Treating Peridontitis And Gum Diseases

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.