Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,649 members, 7,921,409 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 02:25 AM

Keshi Clarifies Iheanacho Comments - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Keshi Clarifies Iheanacho Comments (957 Views)

AFCON Qualifiers: Mancity Writes About Iheanacho / Kelechi Iheanacho's Move To Manchester City Done!! / Keshi Clarifies Ike Uche's Super Eagles Exclusion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Keshi Clarifies Iheanacho Comments by teniola55(m): 8:32am On Sep 25, 2014
Following the reactions that trailed his earlier stance that Manchester City of England prodigy and Flying Eagles star, Kelechi Iheanacho is ‘not for the Super Eagles now’, Out-of-Contract Super Eagles coach Stephen Keshi has maintained his stand, by reiterating that Iheanacho is ‘not ready’ for the Super Eagles at the moment.
Keshi, who had initially denied saying the 17-year old was ‘too young’ and ‘inexperienced’, maintained that Iheanacho is still not ready for the step up to the Super Eagles.
Hear him: “It’s not true that I said he’s too young and inexperienced but he just started. When I first proposed to invited the same Iheanacho, Taiwo Awoniyi and Dele Alampasu, I received a lot of sticks from people, especially Paul Bassey of the NFF technical committee. They were against me.
“They said all sorts of things like ‘they’re too young, don’t bring them in’ and now the same people are calling for the same players to be called. Is it because he (Iheanacho) played two matches for Manchester City? But come on,” he said.
However, Keshi went on to contradict his earlier statement of denial about not saying Iheanacho is ‘too young’ and ‘inexperienced’.
“He’s a good player and someday we will need him but we have other mature and experienced players that we need right now. But for me, Iheanacho is not ready for the senior national team,” Keshi said.
So many ex-players and fans have called for Iheanacho’s invitation to the Super Eagles given the team’s recent lack of spark in midfield but Keshi’s latest stance is sure to elicit more discussions as to whether the 17-year old is truly ready for the Eagles.

Source:http://www.sl10.ng/news/articles/categories/south-africa/stephen-keshi-denies-saying-kelechi-iheanacho-was-inexperienced/177655

Re: Keshi Clarifies Iheanacho Comments by texaco1: 8:50am On Sep 25, 2014
Nigerians want finish this boy ihenacho . They should allow the boy to develop his game and mature . I have noticed that most young players that nigerians clamor for to be invited to super eagles, don't last long on the stage .
Re: Keshi Clarifies Iheanacho Comments by Goke7: 9:50am On Sep 25, 2014
texaco1: Nigerians want finish this boy ihenacho . They should allow the boy to develop his game and mature . I have noticed that most young players that nigerians clamor for to be invited to super eagles, don't last long on the stage .

Its not easy to coach in a country like Nigeria I tell you, plastic fans and football administrators push our coaches to make silly errors and blame them when they fail.
Re: Keshi Clarifies Iheanacho Comments by bizibrain(m): 10:25am On Sep 25, 2014
Nigerians av a mighty problem

When fans clamour 4 d call of Ramon Azeez, I thought he was one spectacular player, but he was far dem d hype. He played far frm being anytin special.

Dis same plastic fans clamour for imoh ezekiel, leon balogun, but we all saw what happen on dere debut.

Dis same crazy fans want Ideye out,and wen keshi obeyed, dey start 2 take pity on Ideye. They nw see him as emenike's goal machine nd d reason 4 emenike's goal drought.

Nw some myopic biggot calling themselves ex-international footballer want iheanacho in d team.

Let him play 4 flying eagle, lets know what he av in stock b4 promoting him 2 super eagle.

If he plays well 4 flying eagle, den we can play him in friendly.

I'm sure iheanacho is nt better dan nosa igbeibor, sunday mba or even ramon azzez presently.

D facts is nigerians cant be satisfied.
Re: Keshi Clarifies Iheanacho Comments by Nobody: 10:26am On Sep 25, 2014
So they wanted to Mikelise Iheanacho by bringing him early to SE to face the pressure from 160million Nigerian fans/coaches?
Re: Keshi Clarifies Iheanacho Comments by Kx: 10:28am On Sep 25, 2014
Paul Bassey is now the latest?

How come Keshi keeps making "enemies" out of players and journalists.

If he must quote how some ppl kicked against his moves, must he mention names?
Re: Keshi Clarifies Iheanacho Comments by texaco1: 11:23am On Sep 25, 2014
Goke7:

Its not easy to coach in a country like Nigeria I tell you, plastic fans and football administrators push our coaches to make silly errors and blame them when they fail.
bros I must confess that I think u are absolutely correct. Just because some ppl watch chelsea and manu on cable tv, they feel they have become technical advisers and know more than the coach. They should just allow the coach to do the job he is being paid to do
Re: Keshi Clarifies Iheanacho Comments by Damsman10(m): 11:23am On Sep 25, 2014
Kx: Paul Bassey is now the latest?

How come Keshi keeps making "enemies" out of players and journalists.

If he must quote how some ppl kicked against his moves, must he mention names?
so dat people like u won't b kept in d dark n will no aw much pressure those guys heap on him

(1) (Reply)

3 Years Old Man Utd Fan Refuses To Wear Blue Uniform To School / Obafemi Martins Announces Retirement From Super Eagles. / The Strongest Footballer In The World Is A Nigerian According To Fifa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.