Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,870 members, 7,935,720 topics. Date: Friday, 30 August 2024 at 02:28 PM

Why FG Will Not Celebrate Shekau’s Death – Maku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why FG Will Not Celebrate Shekau’s Death – Maku (2118 Views)

Shekau’s ‘death’, Credit To Jonathan’s Govt. DAILY TIMES. / Americans Confirm Shekau's Death / Shekau's Death Excites Bric Investors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why FG Will Not Celebrate Shekau’s Death – Maku by pastoraaaaaa: 1:46pm On Sep 25, 2014

The Minister of Information, Labaran Maku, has hinted that the Federal Government will not celebrate the death of the leader of the Boko Haram terrorists group, Abubakar Shekau.

Speaking to Punch on Wednesday in Abuja, the minister said the federal government would instead celebrate the laying down of arms by Boko Haram members, saying; that has been the crux of the fight against insurgency.

Maku, who made the disclosure after the weekly Federal Executive Council meeting, further hinted that the government was not interested in celebrating the death of any terrorists.

“The Federal Government would be happier if the Boko Haram leader and his group laid down their weapons and embraced peace,” Maku said.

The minister while differentiating government from the sect explained that government has a responsibility to respect human rights unlike members of the Boko Haram group who have thrown away all sympathy for human lives and are prepared to kill people just for the sake of killing.

“For us it is immaterial if the leader of the terrorist group is killed or not.

We want them to drop their weapons and embrace peace. We want them to drop their weapons, stop killing their parents and innocent people and accept peace” he said
Shekau. Is dead if you don't believe it check this pictures ......HERE

Source = www.udestore.com
Re: Why FG Will Not Celebrate Shekau’s Death – Maku by pastoraaaaaa: 2:41pm On Sep 25, 2014
lipsrsealed
Re: Why FG Will Not Celebrate Shekau’s Death – Maku by Nobody: 2:44pm On Sep 25, 2014
“For us it is immaterial if the leader of the terrorist group is killed or not.
This guy is a cretin. I don't know where Jonathan is seeing all these mediocres and clueless people. How can he say that the killing of a Terrorist kingpin is immaterial? Is he wiser that the USA that celebrated Osama's murder in 2011 and Al Shabab's Kingpin murder few weeks ago?

Truly, we have mediocres-in-power

3 Likes

Re: Why FG Will Not Celebrate Shekau’s Death – Maku by gtrust: 2:55pm On Sep 25, 2014
Those guys you mentioned are NOT Americans!!

Shekau is/was Nigerian, why do you want FG to celebrate the death of it's OWN citizen
They're saying: "please surrender!!"

barcanista: This guy is a cretin. I don't know where Jonathan is seeing all these mediocres and clueless people. How can he say that the killing of a Terrorist kingpin is immaterial? Is he wiser that the USA that celebrated Osama's murder in 2011 and Al Shabab's Kingpin murder few weeks ago?

15 Likes

Re: Why FG Will Not Celebrate Shekau’s Death – Maku by Jmain: 2:57pm On Sep 25, 2014
Well spoken Mr Info minister, the overall disarmament of the group is a greater feat worth celebrating than the mere head of a terror group that can be easily replaced.

Shekau death is a good start but the overall destruction of the group remains the ultimate . . .

In time we shall accomplish that . . . .God bless Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Why FG Will Not Celebrate Shekau’s Death – Maku by chris365(m): 2:58pm On Sep 25, 2014
barcanista: This guy is a cretin. I don't know where Jonathan is seeing all these mediocres and clueless people. How can he say that the killing of a Terrorist kingpin is immaterial? Is he wiser that the USA that celebrated Osama's murder in 2011 and Al Shabab's Kingpin murder few weeks ago?

if you aware of the modus operandi of all terror organisations you would know that killing the leader doesn't end their campaign, it only paves the way for another.

alshabaab has a new leader and still terrorises somalia, alqaeda has a new leader after osama and still a threat yo the world. although killing shekau is a big blow to those cows but it isn't the end until they all surrender or are completely wiped off.

next time don't just cut out a section of a comment to justify your immature conclusion.

6 Likes

Re: Why FG Will Not Celebrate Shekau’s Death – Maku by Jmain: 3:04pm On Sep 25, 2014
I hope all APC maggots will deploy common sense when commenting . . . .

1 Like

Re: Why FG Will Not Celebrate Shekau’s Death – Maku by Omen100(m): 3:06pm On Sep 25, 2014
chris365:

if you aware of the modus operandi of all terror organisations you would know that killing the leader doesn't end their campaign, it only paves the way for another.

alshabaab has a new leader and still terrorises somalia, alqaeda has a new leader after osama and still a threat yo the world. although killing shekau is a big blow to those cows but it isn't the end until they all surrender or are completely wiped off.

next time don't just cut out a section of a comment to justify your immature conclusion.

And if the death of Shecow finally put an end to the Nigerian version of boko haram terrorism it means there's a new definition to terrorism and maybe the picture below will help us with our curiosity

Re: Why FG Will Not Celebrate Shekau’s Death – Maku by Jmain: 3:07pm On Sep 25, 2014
Omen100:

And if the dead of Shecow finally put an end to the Nigerian version of boko haram terrorism it means there's a new definition to terrorism and maybe the picture below will help us with our curiosity

Consistent foolishness is not a virtue please desist from it . . . .

2 Likes

Re: Why FG Will Not Celebrate Shekau’s Death – Maku by theassassin: 3:07pm On Sep 25, 2014
chris365:

you just took the words out of my mouth.

I know that its a matter of time and he will showcase his immaturity (barcanista). he's been claiming matured mind ever since but now he's showcasing his real self that's what being a apc mugu makes you.

what's the need of celebration when some bastards are still out there with arms waiting to regroup and attack.

till all surrenders no need for celebration.

3 Likes

Re: Why FG Will Not Celebrate Shekau’s Death – Maku by Nobody: 3:09pm On Sep 25, 2014
gtrust: Those guys you mentioned are NOT Americans!!

Shekau is/was Nigerian, why do you want FG to celebrate the death of it's OWN citizen

I don't know how you reason but your reasoning is flawed. Americans that are convicted for murder and given death sentence are what? The law permit the military and other security outfit to take down ANYONE that takes up arms against the country, or whose conduct constitute a threat to the peace and security of Nigerians by using ANY means EXCEPT they surrender. Shekau II did not surrender, he was killed in battle and it is a Major victory for the Military, the Government and the Country. It is a major defeat to terrorism locally and worldwide.

You talk like Jonathan...

2 Likes

Re: Why FG Will Not Celebrate Shekau’s Death – Maku by Nobody: 3:10pm On Sep 25, 2014
Really? Which Shekau? I mean which version?
I hope it is not the one all over media threatening to sell the Chibok girls into slavery.

You mean the man in the 8 secs Youtube video is Shekau?
Common, give me a break! I know some Nigerians are corrupt, but are we blind too?
Re: Why FG Will Not Celebrate Shekau’s Death – Maku by Nobody: 3:13pm On Sep 25, 2014
chris365:

Let me tell you, al qaeda are WEAK today compared to what they were 10years ago. The death of Osama and their bigwigs caused a lot of damage both psychologically. Alshaabab's can swear in a New President-General but the fact remains that their potency has been whittled down with the death of their leader. In a battle, the Death of the Leader is tantamous to defeat of the group. They can never remain the same again mentally and psychologically...

I don't know where your argument is but it is not logical

1 Like

Re: Why FG Will Not Celebrate Shekau’s Death – Maku by Nobody: 3:14pm On Sep 25, 2014
barcanista: I don't know how you reason but your reasoning is flawed. Americans that are convicted for murder and given death sentence are what? The law permit the military and other security outfit to take down ANYONE that takes up arms against the country, or whose conduct constitute a threat to the peace and security of Nigeria using ANY means, EXCEPT they surrender. Shekau II did not surrender, he was killed in battle and it is a Major victory for the Military, the Government and the Country. It is a major defeat for terrorism locally and worldwide.

and u talk like a fooool

2 Likes

Re: Why FG Will Not Celebrate Shekau’s Death – Maku by Nobody: 3:16pm On Sep 25, 2014
Omen100:

And if the dead of Shecow finally put an end to the Nigerian version of boko haram terrorism it means there's a new definition to terrorism and maybe the picture below will help us with our curiosity
why are u this stu.pid?

2 Likes

Re: Why FG Will Not Celebrate Shekau’s Death – Maku by Omen100(m): 3:19pm On Sep 25, 2014
Jmain:

Consistent foolishness is not a virtue please desist from it . . . .

kill yourself

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why FG Will Not Celebrate Shekau’s Death – Maku by Jmain: 3:20pm On Sep 25, 2014
barcanista: I don't know how you reason but your reasoning is flawed. Americans that are convicted for murder and given death sentence are what? The law permit the military and other security outfit to take down ANYONE that takes up arms against the country, or whose conduct constitute a threat to the peace and security of Nigeria using ANY means, EXCEPT they surrender. Shekau II did not surrender, he was killed in battle and it is a Major victory for the Military, the Government and the Country. It is a major defeat for terrorism locally and worldwide.

America will never celebrate the execution of a leader of an insurgency within her borders when the rest of the murdering fools are at large.

Those celebrations you referenced are meant to applaud their intelligence capacity to take out difficult targets elsewhere . . .It is similar to the Israeli celebration when three top Hamas officials were liquidated.

You are aware the purported death of the first Shekau didn't quell the insurgency, why should we feel this is enough for the day. Yes, Shekau death is a great feat but we need to acknowledge that there is more to do to quell the rebel group while securing our borders . . . .

God bless Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Why FG Will Not Celebrate Shekau’s Death – Maku by Omen100(m): 3:20pm On Sep 25, 2014
Chimax15: why are u this stu.pid?

be right back.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Why FG Will Not Celebrate Shekau’s Death – Maku by Nobody: 3:24pm On Sep 25, 2014
Omen100:

be right back.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
I dey wait...

. coolcoolcool
Re: Why FG Will Not Celebrate Shekau’s Death – Maku by Jmain: 3:25pm On Sep 25, 2014
Omen100:

kill yourself

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

After you grin
Re: Why FG Will Not Celebrate Shekau’s Death – Maku by saasala(m): 3:25pm On Sep 25, 2014
They wont celebrate because they aint sure they actually killed him
Re: Why FG Will Not Celebrate Shekau’s Death – Maku by pastoraaaaaa: 3:26pm On Sep 25, 2014
gtrust: Those guys you mentioned are NOT Americans!!

I support want you just said now but am already celebrating the death of that bastard
Re: Why FG Will Not Celebrate Shekau’s Death – Maku by Nobody: 3:31pm On Sep 25, 2014
Jmain:

America will never celebrate the execution of a leader of an insurgency within her borders when the rest of the murdering fools are at large.

Those celebrations you referenced are meant to applaud their intelligence capacity to take out difficult targets elsewhere . . .It is similar to the Israeli celebration when three top Hamas officials were liquidated.

You are aware the purported death of the first Shekau didn't quell the insurgency, why should we feel this is enough for the day. Yes, Shekau death is a great feat but we need to acknowledge that there is more to do to quell the rebel group while securing our borders . . . .

God bless Nigeria
The death of Shekau I did not yield any result because BH played a fast one on us. They won the Psychological battle against the Government and the Military. They made everyone believe that Shekau is not dead with Shekau II making mockery of us. Even the President blabbed when asked about the Shekau's death in his media chat. That alone was a major setback to the insurgency fight and a major boost to the insurgents. But with this event, the insurgents are now in the state of awe. Their inspiration is gone as well as other top commanders. It is a Major boost to the Soldier Morale and the Country.

As for this, whatever it means... It calls for Celebration.

PS: Don't bring Hamas-Israel into this.

1 Like

Re: Why FG Will Not Celebrate Shekau’s Death – Maku by Jmain: 3:46pm On Sep 25, 2014
barcanista: The death of Shekau I did not yield any result because BH played a fast one on us. They won the Psychological battle against the Government and the Military. They made everyone believe that Shekau is not dead with Shekau II making mockery of us. Even the President blabbed when asked about the Shekau's death in his media chat. That alone was a major setback to the insurgency fight and a major boost to the insurgents. But with this event, the insurgents are now in the state of awe. Their inspiration is gone as well as other top commanders. It is a Major boost to the Soldier Morale and the Country.

As for this, whatever it means... It calls for Celebration.

PS: Don't bring Hamas-Israel into this.

If that formidable Al Barnawi guy or whatever is still at large , he can simply take over and wreck more havoc. After all, he is the main military brute that runs the show on the field.

Yes , it is a major boost against the insurgents but that is never the end of it all. massive disarmament of the group in general is the ultimate.

Why shouldn't I bring the Israeli- Hamas angle when you referenced nations celebrating the decimation of top targets in foreign lands . . .

2 Likes

Re: Why FG Will Not Celebrate Shekau’s Death – Maku by chris365(m): 4:18pm On Sep 25, 2014
barcanista: Let me tell you, al qaeda are WEAK today compared to what they were 10years ago. The death of Osama and their bigwigs caused a lot of damage both psychologically. Alshaabab's can swear in a New President-General but the fact remains that their potency has been whittled down with the death of their leader. In a battle, the Death of the Leader is tantamous to defeat of the group. They can never remain the same again mentally and psychologically...

i'm not going to waste my precious time arguing with a paid internet warrior because i can clearly see where your janjaweeed ideology is born from.

3 Likes

Re: Why FG Will Not Celebrate Shekau’s Death – Maku by Nobody: 4:21pm On Sep 25, 2014
chris365:

i'm not going to waste my precious time arguing with a paid internet warrior because i can clearly see where your janjaweeed ideology is born from.

lolssss grin grin grin
Re: Why FG Will Not Celebrate Shekau’s Death – Maku by 2cato: 4:26pm On Sep 25, 2014
J
Re: Why FG Will Not Celebrate Shekau’s Death – Maku by chinazaekperem2: 4:30pm On Sep 25, 2014
Is it even worth celebrating?
Re: Why FG Will Not Celebrate Shekau’s Death – Maku by pastoraaaaaa: 4:37pm On Sep 25, 2014
chris365:

grin grin grin
Re: Why FG Will Not Celebrate Shekau’s Death – Maku by Eldavido1: 4:38pm On Sep 25, 2014
barcanista: Let me tell you, al qaeda are WEAK today compared to what they were 10years ago. The death of Osama and their bigwigs caused a lot of damage both psychologically. Alshaabab's can swear in a New President-General but the fact remains that their potency has been whittled down with the death of their leader. In a battle, the Death of the Leader is tantamous to defeat of the group. They can never remain the same again mentally and psychologically...

When Mohammed Yusuf was killed we thought we've seen the end of BH, behold a new leader Shekau 1 was appointed and he became more vicious and deadlier than Yusuf and BH became stronger. When Shekau 1 was killed sometimes back we thought it's gonna be over soon, but rather a deadly viper Shekau 11(Bashir Mohammed) was appointed and he took the BH thing to a whole different level. So what makes you think celebrating their death is worth it? defeating and disarming them makes more sense than target elimination.

1 Like

Re: Why FG Will Not Celebrate Shekau’s Death – Maku by Nobody: 4:45pm On Sep 25, 2014
Eldavido1:

When Mohammed Yusuf was killed we thought we've seen the end of BH, behold a new leader Shekau 1 was appointed and he became more vicious and deadlier than Yusuf and BH became stronger. When Shekau 1 was killed sometimes back we thought it's gonna be over soon, but rather a deadly viper Shekau 11(Bashir Mohammed) was appointed and he took the BH thing to a whole different level. So what makes you think celebrating their death is worth it? defeating and disarming them makes more sense than target elimination.
Mohammed wasn't killed in battle but in cold blood. BH were more brutal because the cold blooded murder of Mohamed angered them. You don't kill someone in custody extra-judicially. However, Shekau II was killed in battle field
Re: Why FG Will Not Celebrate Shekau’s Death – Maku by pastoraaaaaa: 4:49pm On Sep 25, 2014
Eldavido1:

I like your write up Bro

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abandoned Bridge Project In Badagry (pictures) / Martin Luthar Agwai For NSA - Jonathan Needs A True Soldier He Can Trust / DPO, Chioma Ajunwa, Seizes Newspaper Over Punch Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.