Stats: 3,192,739 members, 7,948,713 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 08:54 AM

Why Is My Golf3 Jerking? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Is My Golf3 Jerking? (1584 Views)

My Car Is Stalling And Jerking When On Motion. / Vibration And Jerking Problem With Mazda Millenia / Jerking When Trying To Accelerate My 1998 Honda Accord (2) (3) (4)

Why Is My Golf3 Jerking? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Sep 25, 2014
I need serious help here. I have a golf 3 (Pink Floyd) 1994 Model. For some time now i have been experiencing jerking with the car. Mechanics say it's electrical and electricians say it's mechanical. It got to point that the jerking was so bad that the car hardly moves. My instincts tells me that something must have been wornout but i can't say for sure. Please experts, i need advice. I can be reached on 08066827463 or even whatsapp on same number. Thanks.
Re: Why Is My Golf3 Jerking? by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:58pm On Sep 25, 2014
Gbaa: I need serious help here. I have a golf 3 (Pink Floyd) 1994 Model. For some time now i have been experiencing jerking with the car. Mechanics say it's electrical and electricians say it's mechanical. It got to point that the jerking was so bad that the car hardly moves. My instincts tells me that something must have been wornout but i can't say for sure. Please experts, i need advice. I can be reached on 08066827463 or even whatsapp on same number. Thanks.

So we should call you? Or add you on what's app to solve your problem? Chai!! Daris is ...........
Re: Why Is My Golf3 Jerking? by mayor2013: 6:08pm On Sep 25, 2014
grin. Funny poster. For a 1994 model its going to be difficult to run a scan. But if you are ready there are a lot of experts in the house. Reach out to any of them not the reverse of the case
Re: Why Is My Golf3 Jerking? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Sep 25, 2014
mayor2013: grin. Funny poster. For a 1994 model its going to be difficult to run a scan. But if you are ready there are a lot of experts in the house. Reach out to any of them not the reverse of the case
my brother how do i reach them? Please assist me. Thanks
Re: Why Is My Golf3 Jerking? by DECOtech(m): 8:51am On Sep 26, 2014
Gbaa: my brother how do i reach them? Please assist me. Thanks
You need to introduce your golf b4 anyone can help you. I believe that's d reason u wr called a funny poster. You need to state what kind of engine you are driving(I4, V6n, VR5, VR6), if you have an injector or a carburettor, the type of transmission(manual, automatic) and some extent of your maintenance history. Cheers.
Re: Why Is My Golf3 Jerking? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Sep 26, 2014
DECOtech: You need to introduce your golf b4 anyone can help you. I believe that's d reason u wr called a funny poster. You need to state what kind of engine you are driving(I4, V6n, VR5, VR6), if you have an injector or a carburettor, the type of transmission(manual, automatic) and some extent of your maintenance history. Cheers.
It's manual transmission. With electric shooter (not carburetor or injector but in between, so the mechanics say). As for the engine type honestly i don't know. I be real novice when it comes to vehicles. As for maintenance history, the engine has been changed once together with the gear box. Thank you. Hopefully awaiting your next reply please.
Re: Why Is My Golf3 Jerking? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Sep 26, 2014
DECOtech: You need to introduce your golf b4 anyone can help you. I believe that's d reason u wr called a funny poster. You need to state what kind of engine you are driving(I4, V6n, VR5, VR6), if you have an injector or a carburettor, the type of transmission(manual, automatic) and some extent of your maintenance history. Cheers.
Re: Why Is My Golf3 Jerking? by DECOtech(m): 10:10pm On Sep 26, 2014
Gbaa:
It's manual transmission. With electric shooter (not carburetor or injector but in between, so the mechanics say). As for the engine type honestly i don't know. I be real novice when it comes to vehicles. As for maintenance history, the engine has been changed once together with the gear box. Thank you. Hopefully awaiting your next reply please.
Does your engine have 4plugs, 5plugs or 6plugs? As for d jerking, let them check:
1. Your fuel filter for clogging, if clogged, it shld be replaced.
2. Your fuel pump might be failing. Your technicians shld run a fuel pressure test.
3. Your electric distributor could be faulty, thereby not sending required current to your plugs.
4. ECU, probably faulty.
The Golf3 is OBD2 compliant, so a scan can be done on it to help narrow down d actual culprit.
Finally sir, I'm afraid of the guys working on ur car. Cos there's no such thing as an "in-between" of a carburettor and an injector (never heard of it). You need another technician.
Re: Why Is My Golf3 Jerking? by Nobody: 8:41am On Sep 27, 2014
DECOtech: Does your engine have 4plugs, 5plugs or 6plugs? As for d jerking, let them check:
1. Your fuel filter for clogging, if clogged, it shld be replaced.
2. Your fuel pump might be failing. Your technicians shld run a fuel pressure test.
3. Your electric distributor could be faulty, thereby not sending required current to your plugs.
4. ECU, probably faulty.
The Golf3 is OBD2 compliant, so a scan can be done on it to help narrow down d actual culprit.
Finally sir, I'm afraid of the guys working on ur car. Cos there's no such thing as an "in-between" of a carburettor and an injector (never heard of it). You need another technician.
First of all, thank you so so much.
The engine has only four plugs. The fuel pump is new anyway but i will have them check all you mentioned. Thank you once more
Re: Why Is My Golf3 Jerking? by Fuhrerjee: 12:17pm On Nov 27, 2016
Have you been able to rectify the problem?

Yahoo Boys No Dey Carry Last / Cars Of 2015 : Toyota Rav4 VS Honda CR-V (2015) Which Would You Go For ? / Help With Hyundai Santa Fe 2002 V6 2.7 L