Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,154 members, 7,890,895 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 11:26 PM

Spend Half That Cost on Building Your House? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Spend Half That Cost on Building Your House? (8747 Views)

WATCH THIS SPACE (Electrical Showcase & Review) / Ask All Your Questions On Building Foundations/structural Issues -expert / Eliminate the cost on fuel and prevent power outage, Install A Solar Panel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Spend Half That Cost on Building Your House? by micomoh: 12:31am On Sep 26, 2014
House owners especially those who buy newly built houses are actually spending double the actual cost of the building.
Average price for a finished Four-Five Bedroom fully detach house around Ajah-Sangotedo axis is around Forty Million Naira (40M) price. And most of these houses sit on less than half plot.

You can actually buy a half plot or buy a whole plot and divide it into halves and build at half the price you will pay for a finished building just within 12 weeks in the same area. That is saving about Twenty Million Naira (20M).

Some are aware of this but most are not. Those that are aware do cite factors like Omo-onile, Time, Rigor, building lonesomeness, environment and amenities.

These factors named above can be eliminated if cutting cost is your top priority if you intend having a building of your own.

Omo-onile: With proper searching and documentation, one can get trouble free piece of land for building. We have a lawyer in the house. I mean “Omo-Onile Lawyer” who can help you do proper search/verification and documentation before you commit your money.
Also, there are many estates around that sell land with all the necessary documents procured. You can purchase one from them. And that will eliminate factors such as: building lonesomeness, Omo-Onile charges, bad environment and amenities.

Rigor: There is little or no difference in the stress involve if you are buying a building or constructing yours. Just get into a contract with an experienced engineer or construction P. manager or an architect for advice on design, planning, cost and construction of the building. It is advisable to let the consultant/contractor do everything to keep cost low.

Time: A two Floor building can be ready just within 10 to 12 weeks. That means, you can actually have your own Four-Five Bedroom detach house ready within the same time you will use in searching for a building to buy.

Apart from the cost advantage, there is this excitement that is associated with being involved in the building process of one’s House project. It is worth trying.

Also, you will have the advantage of having your house designed in a way that truly reflects your desire if you build your own.

Below are some Building designs that fall within the budget of 20 Million Naira inclusive of land cost. There is one of them that we are constructing now at Olive Park Estate, Oko Ado by Bus Bis Petrol Station. The land is 925sqm and it will contain three buildings of one of these designs. And Another one is inside Lekki Gardens Phase 1 (Private).

This is coming from McDEN Building Construction. We are into Architectural Designs, Building Construction and Construction Management. For more information, visit us at the below address:

71 Ajoke Okunsaya Street Ago Okota, Lagos.

Or

Call Wale on 08091887673

1 Like

Re: Spend Half That Cost on Building Your House? by Jj222(f): 2:06am On Sep 26, 2014
I think i like dat i will call when am ready. But is it only in lagos what of Abj
Re: Spend Half That Cost on Building Your House? by sam13(m): 7:54am On Sep 26, 2014
Good one i have Abuja connection for purchase and joint venture of good land and also in Lagos if you have any.Kindly call
Re: Spend Half That Cost on Building Your House? by micomoh: 8:46am On Sep 26, 2014
@jj222. Abuja inclusive and other parts of Lagos. We will be waiting to hear from you sir.
Re: Spend Half That Cost on Building Your House? by micomoh: 5:57pm On Sep 27, 2014
Features of this first design above:

Ground Floor

Living Area
Ante Room
Dinning
Kithen
Lobby
Visitor's Room
Maid Room
Veranda &
Visitor's Toilet

First Floor

Master's Room with Walk-In Closet.
Mistress Room with Walk-In Closet
Family Lounge
Children's Room
Additional Room
Balcony

1 Like

Re: Spend Half That Cost on Building Your House? by micomoh: 9:08pm On Sep 28, 2014
Features of this Second design above:

Ground Floor

Living Area
Dinning
Kithen
Lobby
Visitor's Room
Maid Room
Veranda &
Visitor's Toilet

First Floor

Mistress Room
Family Lounge
Children's Room with Walk-In Closet
Additional Room
Balcony

1 Like

Re: Spend Half That Cost on Building Your House? by micomoh: 1:57pm On Oct 17, 2014
8 Million Naira spent so far and 4 Million to be spent on this design.
More info?

1 Like

Re: Spend Half That Cost on Building Your House? by millhouse: 8:56pm On Oct 17, 2014
NICE
Re: Spend Half That Cost on Building Your House? by mufutau55(m): 8:59pm On Oct 17, 2014
micomoh:
8 Million Naira spent so far and 4 Million to be spent on this design.
More info?

Real Nice. And really good budget. The extra N4mil is for Medium or High Level finishing?

Hajji M.
Re: Spend Half That Cost on Building Your House? by micomoh: 9:38am On Oct 18, 2014
The finishing is standard. With some already on ground. This House is for a client, when finished will be sold for around 35 to 45M depending on additional lift we put.
Re: Spend Half That Cost on Building Your House? by micomoh: 7:15pm On Oct 19, 2014
8 Million spent and 4 Million to be spent to finish this project sitting on 10.3 X 11.7 meters (120.5 sqm) with the features below:

Ground Floor

Living Area
Ante Room
Dinning
Kithen
Lobby
Visitor's Room
Maid Room
Veranda &
Visitor's Toilet

First Floor

Mistress Room with Walk-In Closet
Family Lounge
Children's Room
Additional Room
Balcony

What do you think?

Wale
Wayne Solutions not.
www.waynesolutionsint.net

1 Like

Re: Spend Half That Cost on Building Your House? by mufutau55(m): 10:51pm On Oct 19, 2014
micomoh:
The finishing is standard. With some already on ground. This House is for a client, when finished will be sold for around 35 to 45M depending on additional lift we put.

Thank you, very lovely.

Hajji M.
Re: Spend Half That Cost on Building Your House? by micomoh: 10:34am On Oct 20, 2014
Thank you for the compliment.
Re: Spend Half That Cost on Building Your House? by micomoh: 4:53pm On Oct 20, 2014
This design can also be built with just 13Million naira.
It sits on just 120sqm Land area. Project duration is just between 10 to 12 weeks.

Ground Floor

Living Area
Open & spacious Dinning
Kithen
bold & open stir case
Lobby
Visitor's Room
Maid Room
Veranda &
Visitor's Toilet

First Floor

Mistress Room
Gallery
Children's Room
Additional Room
Balcony

So why spend double that price buying a finished building?

Wale
Wayne Solutions int.

Re: Spend Half That Cost on Building Your House? by micomoh: 10:37am On Oct 22, 2014
2 of these designs sit comfortably on a plot of land. That means, for a plot of land you can have double value.
Re: Spend Half That Cost on Building Your House? by micomoh: 6:30pm On Oct 22, 2014
These designs (half the cost) are not only limited to 2 floor fully detached buildings only.

Tell us your desired dream house and your budget we will workout a plan for you within your budget.

Olawale
Wayne Solutions int
Re: Spend Half That Cost on Building Your House? by micomoh: 11:29am On Oct 24, 2014
Construction process of one of the designs discussed above. Ground floor at the Lintel level.

Re: Spend Half That Cost on Building Your House? by micomoh: 4:28pm On Oct 25, 2014
Construction process of one of the designs discussed above. Ground Slab.

1 Like

Re: Spend Half That Cost on Building Your House? by jodeci01: 10:21am On Oct 27, 2014
God bless you!
Re: Spend Half That Cost on Building Your House? by micomoh: 10:15am On Oct 28, 2014
@jodeci01 thank you.
Re: Spend Half That Cost on Building Your House? by micomoh: 4:00pm On Oct 28, 2014
This is another design that you can get at half the cost of the building if you are buying it finished in the real estate market.
It consists of 2 apartments of 3 bedroom at the upper floor while the ground floor consist of 2 apartment 2 bedroom each.
It sits on a half plot of land (30 X 120 ft) or (9 X 36 M)
Have a look.

Olawale
Olawale@waynesolutionsint.net
Wayne Solutions Intl

2 Likes

Re: Spend Half That Cost on Building Your House? by bebe2(f): 4:14pm On Oct 28, 2014
@micomoh

how much will dat 4 flat cost on a dry land in ogun state?
Re: Spend Half That Cost on Building Your House? by mufutau55(m): 4:25pm On Oct 28, 2014
Seconded... That is maximizing land use... I love it. Good work.
What is the actual dimension of the building... and also will there be some land space in front of the flats, if so, how many feet?

Hajji M.
Re: Spend Half That Cost on Building Your House? by micomoh: 4:48pm On Oct 28, 2014
@bebe2 this design will cost 16M. Note this is an estimate and not a quote.
Before I can give a quote, some factors have to be determined.
Like:
Benchmark, soil type, access, current price at local market (labor and Materials), community history and so on.
But no matter the situation you will get it more or less 16M.
Re: Spend Half That Cost on Building Your House? by bebe2(f): 4:55pm On Oct 28, 2014
micomoh:
@bebe2 this design will cost 16M. Note this is an estimate and not a quote.
Before I can give a quote, some factors have to be determined.
Like:
Benchmark, soil type, access, current price at local market (labor and Materials), community history and so on.
But no matter the situation you will get it more or less 16M.

but a standard 4 flat would cost about the same nahh,

i thot u had a diff way of doing things dat will make it half the cost?
Re: Spend Half That Cost on Building Your House? by micomoh: 5:05pm On Oct 28, 2014
@mufutau In a strict area like most lagos metropolis, this design will not be approved. Because of its limited setbacks along the house. But we get this one approved and the project will soon commence in ogombo area of Ajah.
Dimensions are 6 X 28 M
Re: Spend Half That Cost on Building Your House? by micomoh: 5:15pm On Oct 28, 2014
@bebe2 if you follow this thread from the beginningyou will understand better. By half the cost I mean the half the cost you will buy it (finished) from real estate market. Which is always double.
Also I emphasized on the diff between a quote and an estimate. This is an estimate and I know it will less than that figure but I have to be professional.
Re: Spend Half That Cost on Building Your House? by bebe2(f): 5:18pm On Oct 28, 2014
micomoh:
@bebe2 if you follow this thread from the beginningyou will understand better. By half the cost I mean the half the cost you will buy it (finished) from real estate market. Which is always double.
Also I emphasized on the diff between a quote and an estimate. This is an estimate and I know it will less than that figure but I have to be professional.

okkkkkk,

my mistake,

tnks for the clarification
Re: Spend Half That Cost on Building Your House? by mufutau55(m): 6:38pm On Oct 28, 2014
micomoh:
@mufutau In a strict area like most lagos metropolis, this design will not be approved. Because of its limited setbacks along the house. But we get this one approved and the project will soon commence in ogombo area of Ajah.
Dimensions are 6 X 28 M

Thanks for the info Sir. It should pass approval then in like Ogun State..?

Hajji M.
Re: Spend Half That Cost on Building Your House? by micomoh: 1:51pm On Nov 20, 2014
Though the project is being delayed by the client due to funding but this is the update so far on the this project.
About 2M remaining to complete the project.
What do you think?

1 Like

Re: Spend Half That Cost on Building Your House? by mufutau55(m): 4:18pm On Nov 20, 2014
micomoh:
Though the project is being delayed by the client due to funding but this is the update so far on the this project.
About 2M remaining to complete the project.
What do you think?

Not bad.. so we are talking of about N10-N12m then? That is very good if complete means totally finished for move-in.

Hajji M.
Re: Spend Half That Cost on Building Your House? by micomoh: 1:35pm On Dec 22, 2014
@Hajj. The total cost of the project is 13.4M. Sorry it took me this long to respond to your question. Compliment of the season.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do You Guys Feel About An Open Kitchen/living Room Floor Plan? / Fashola To Seize Property If Tenants Commits Crime. / Preventing And Removing Household Mould On Ceiling & POP Ceiling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.