Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,615 members, 7,930,029 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 09:20 AM

SOUTH AFRICANS MAKE MOVE TO SUE TB JOSHUA. - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / SOUTH AFRICANS MAKE MOVE TO SUE TB JOSHUA. (805 Views)

South Africans Attack Nigerians -VANGUARD / See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia / Malawi, Congo, Bar South Africans From Entering Their Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SOUTH AFRICANS MAKE MOVE TO SUE TB JOSHUA. by fineyemi(m): 3:37pm On Sep 26, 2014
Two South
Africans who
lost their
relatives in a
church hostel
in Lagos that
collapsed
have come
out to tell
BBC that they
intend to sue
the Nigerian Pastor — TB Joshua.
The two men, who both lost sisters in the
collapse, are appealing for more families to
come together in bringing a case against
the preacher.
At least 115 people, including 84 South
Africans, died when the multi-storey
building fell down earlier this month.
The authorities say it had more floors than
its foundation could hold.
On Sunday, TB Joshua, who is one of
Nigeria’s best-known evangelists and is
popular across Africa, announced plans to
travel to South Africa to visit the families of
the deceased.
Officials suspect the foundations were not
suitable for extra floors to be added to the
building
Emergency workers allege they were
prevented from participating in the rescue,
only gaining full access to the site on
Sunday afternoon – accusations denied by
Pastor Joshua’s Synagogue, Church of All
Nations (SCOAN).
One of the South African men said: “I understand that some families are afraid to
take on someone who purports to be God’s
messenger and I don’t blame them but I will
do this”
Thanduxolo Doro and Mpho Molebatsi
waited at Johannesburg’s OR Tambo airport
for days after the collapse for news of their
sisters, who had been visiting SCOAN.
Both families had last heard from their
relatives hours before the collapse, which
happened at about 13:50 local time (12.50
GMT) on Friday 12 September.
“It is not that the building collapsed, rather
what was done after the collapse – we didn’t
get any news from the church,” Mr Doro,
whose sister Vathiswa Madikiza died, told
the BBC.
“When I contacted them they wouldn’t tell
me anything. We saw reports that
emergency workers were denied access
initially, access that could have saved lives.
The actions of the church after the incident
are very telling,” he said. SOURCE: www.informationng.com/2014/09/tb-joshua-church-collapse-south-africans-make-moves-to-sue.html.
Re: SOUTH AFRICANS MAKE MOVE TO SUE TB JOSHUA. by Priceless24(f): 3:42pm On Sep 26, 2014
This is good news, Nigerians should stop idolizing men and do the needful.

2 Likes

Re: SOUTH AFRICANS MAKE MOVE TO SUE TB JOSHUA. by fineyemi(m): 3:47pm On Sep 26, 2014
Priceless24: This is good news, Nigerians should stop idolizing men and do the needful.
Do u tink dey can really sue TB JOSHUA?
Re: SOUTH AFRICANS MAKE MOVE TO SUE TB JOSHUA. by Priceless24(f): 3:50pm On Sep 26, 2014
fineyemi: Do u tink dey can really sue TB JOSHUA?

Why not, if they come together and bring a class action, as long as they have a good case and sensible lawyers then they have a chance. Why can't they sue him? Is he God?

2 Likes

Re: SOUTH AFRICANS MAKE MOVE TO SUE TB JOSHUA. by fineyemi(m): 3:55pm On Sep 26, 2014
Priceless24:

Why not, if they come together and bring a class action, as long as they have a good case and sensible lawyers then they have a chance. Why can't they sue him? Is he God?
mehnnnn. I cn't wait to see if d south africans can make it happen.
Re: SOUTH AFRICANS MAKE MOVE TO SUE TB JOSHUA. by Priceless24(f): 4:00pm On Sep 26, 2014
fineyemi: mehnnnn. I cn't wait to see if d south africans can make it happen.

I can't wait too, I've never liked the guy God forgive me but he get as he be. Let them sue him on both sides sef.

1 Like

Re: SOUTH AFRICANS MAKE MOVE TO SUE TB JOSHUA. by fineyemi(m): 4:09pm On Sep 26, 2014
Priceless24:

I can't wait too, I've never liked the guy God forgive me but he get as he be. Let them sue him on both sides sef.
Nt only u. 80% nigerians don't like him. He has foreigners as his member in church.

(1) (Reply)

Are America Scared Of ISIS? / Legendary ISIS Commander: Video Appeal To John Mccain (video) / The Quips Of Mahatma Gandhi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.