Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,086 members, 7,887,145 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 10:26 PM

Risk Apprehension If You Drive Right Hand Drive Vehicles Or Use Foreign Plates - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Risk Apprehension If You Drive Right Hand Drive Vehicles Or Use Foreign Plates (571 Views)

Hand Drive Converted Vehicles. Your opinions. / Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive Conversion / Right Hand Drive (RHD) To Left Hand Drive (LHD) Conversion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Risk Apprehension If You Drive Right Hand Drive Vehicles Or Use Foreign Plates by Nobody: 7:33pm On Sep 26, 2014
The Oyo State Sector Command of the Federal Road Safety Corps has said it will apprehend and prosecute owners of right hand drive cars and those with foreign number plates. The Sector Commander, Mr Luka Ikpi, said this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria in Ibadan on Thursday. Ikpi said ‘right hand’ cars had been banned since 1974 and that it had become an offence to drive such cars on the nation’s roads. “Such cars are not allowed at all in Nigeria and anyone found with one shall be apprehended and prosecuted.

“I am aware that these culprits dodge our men on the roads, but I can assure you that we will get them,” he said. The sector commander further said he was sure that most of such cars were not imported through government designated ports. “I say this because they shouldn’t be on the roads for any reason. “They do not even have a period of grace at which they may be driven in the nation before being changed,” he said.

Source: http://whatsupibadan.com/2014/09/26/oyo-right-hand-drive-motorists-risk-prosecution-frsc/

I happen to know a swashbuckler who is also a dashing debonair extraordinaire who can help get you a proper Left Hand Drive vehicle grin

(1) (Reply)

Straightforward Steps To Avoiding Costly Car Maintenance / Care Hire .ph To Benin For 2 Days / How To Solve The Problem of not Starting Cherokee Jeep

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.