Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,283 members, 7,887,827 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 02:36 PM

A Question For All Xtains - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Question For All Xtains (700 Views)

Why Did All The Xtains On Niaraland Aviod This Important Topic?? / Religious Quotes From The Founding Fathers For Naija Xtains In USA / Why Do Xtains Worship Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Question For All Xtains by BigStar1(m): 11:48am On Nov 06, 2008
Hi, pls i need ulgent answer to this question.

In the holy Quran, there is recognition for every prophet including Jesus and those that are not prophet that claim to be one.

My question is why is the holy prophet Muhammed's name not mentioned in the bible, even if he is a fake one I think the bible suppose to state it.

As Quran have it that He is the last prophet, except a guy that will come towards the end of the life which jesus will come and rescue us from him.

I need answer.

i'm not try to abuse anybody, it's just what i want to know.
Re: A Question For All Xtains by pilgrim1(f): 2:49pm On Nov 06, 2008
Perhaps this question should have been addressed to Muslims, not Christians.
Re: A Question For All Xtains by Bastage: 8:42pm On Nov 06, 2008
Quite simply, Muhammed is not mentioned in the Bible because the Bible was written hundreds of years before he was born.
Re: A Question For All Xtains by BigStar1(m): 8:50am On Nov 07, 2008
But, Since you claimed that the bible is the holy book from the lord. I guess it suppose to cover all that has been happening since the creation of the world and what will happen till the end of the world.

As we have it in the Quran.

What will happen thousands years to come is in the quran.

Please, I need a pastor to teach me this. I'm interested.

Thanks.
Re: A Question For All Xtains by pilgrim1(f): 8:57am On Nov 07, 2008
I think the answer you seek has been given already - Muhammad is simply not in the Bible.  It does not mean that Biblical prophecies do not cover the events of prophets rising here and there between times in history: but when it comes to its fundamental contents of the redemption of humanity and the divine judgement attending upon the wicked, the Bible does not miss them out at all. If one were to assume that every single prophet should be mentioned by name, how many such prophets down through history would you suppose it should have named through all the religions of the world?
Re: A Question For All Xtains by netm: 3:13pm On Nov 10, 2008
Maybe the Bible did not mention him because he is not a real or genuine prophet afterall. Besides, the Bible is not meant to be a directory for prophets names and addreses. cool grin
Re: A Question For All Xtains by DavidDylan(m): 6:21pm On Nov 10, 2008
Big Star:

Hi, please i need ulgent answer to this question.

In the holy Quran, there is recognition for every prophet including Jesus and those that are not prophet that claim to be one.

That is simply not true. Where is the "recognition" for prophets like John the Baptist, Elisha, Jeremiah, Micah, Daniel?

One question you shld ponder upon - why is the quran full of ONLY Jewish prophets?

Big Star:

My question is why is the holy prophet Muhammed's name not mentioned in the bible, even if he is a fake one I think the bible suppose to state it.

simply because:

1. The bible was written long before he was born.
2. The bible regards him and his ilk as FALSE prophets . . . in this regard he is mentioned in the bible.

Big Star:

As Quran have it that He is the last prophet, except a guy that will come towards the end of the life which jesus will come and rescue us from him.

The above is islamic gibberish.

Have you tried asking your local imam?
Re: A Question For All Xtains by Bastage: 12:10pm On Nov 11, 2008
But, Since you claimed that the bible is the holy book from the lord. I guess it suppose to cover all that has been happening since the creation of the world and what will happen till the end of the world.
As we have it in the Quran.
What will happen thousands years to come is in the quran.

Nope. I don't claim it is the "holy book from the lord". I state the fact that it was written by men. Exactly as the Qu'ran was.
But you will find "Christians" who will agree with your statement and they will point you in the direction of the Book of Revelation. Which for some daft reason they believe is a prophecy that covers the end of the world.

So either way, you're screwed. grin

(1) (Reply)

Is There Any Thing More To Life Than Tranquility? / Reflection / Peruvian Virgin Mary Gives Birth To Jesus On 25th Dec 08!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.