Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,739 members, 7,935,201 topics. Date: Friday, 30 August 2024 at 12:18 AM

Shun Politics Of Hatred, Work For Nigeria, Sultan Urges GEJ And Others. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shun Politics Of Hatred, Work For Nigeria, Sultan Urges GEJ And Others. (670 Views)

Amid Cries To Soft Pedal, Sultan Urges Buhari To Go After Looters / Nigeria: Sultan Urges Amnesty For Boko Haram / Ijaw National Council Urges Gej To Relocate Seat Of Government To Niger Delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shun Politics Of Hatred, Work For Nigeria, Sultan Urges GEJ And Others. by KenSaroWiwa: 8:26am On Sep 28, 2014
Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar 111, yesterday reiterated his call on politicians in the country irrespective of party affiliation, to shun selfishness and join hands together to salvage the nation, saying they should stop politics of hatred and personalities ahead of 2015.
He also stated that the war against insurgents in the North-east was succeeding and urged Muslims in the country, to conduct a fast on October 3, to seek for God’s intervention and mercy over the security situation in the polity.
The monarch made the call shortly after turbanning the Speaker of House of Representatives, Hon. Aminu Waziri Tambuwal, as Mutawallen Sokoto; Speaker of Sokoto House of Assembly, Lawali Zayyana, and three others in his palace in Sokoto.
He underscored the need for politicians irrespective of the parties they belong, to close ranks and work for the interest of Nigerians rather than working for their selfish interest.
The monarch maintained that Nigeria should be the agenda of politicians rather than politics of ethnicity, religion and personalities.
“To all our politicians that gathered here, you should eschew bitterness and politics of hatred but join hands together for the peace and unity of the country. Politics of hatred should not be the case in 2015.
“Leaders must work for the people and not the other way round. Politics is not a do or die affair and whoever wins an election, the loser should congratulate and support him for the progress of the country,” the Sultan advised.
According to him, Nigeria is bigger than any politician and as such politicians should do whatever it takes to ensure peace and unity in the polity.
The spiritual leader noted that the ongoing war on insurgency and terrorism was succeeding; saying more could be achieved with unity of Nigerians.
“We know the insecurity facing us and now we have seen changes in the fight against terrorism. So, we must come together to fight terrorism irrespective of tribe or party affiliation,” the monarch stated.
He admonished politicians to shun political leanings when dealing with issues of insecurity and to come together to fight terrorism. He however, stressed the need for the Federal Government to carry all Nigerians along in the fight against terrorism in the country.
The Sultan said the title of Mutawallen Sokoto was bestowed on Tambuwal due to his commitment, loyalty and dedication to the service of people in the state and Nigeria.
He stated that the five personalities were recognised and turbanned because of their sterling qualities, adding that they had distinguished themselves in their areas of human endeavour.
The Sultan therefore, called on Muslims to fast next week Friday and pray fervently for God’s intervention on the security challenge bedeviling the country.
In a remark, the Speaker of House of Representatives, Aminu Tambuwal, expressed gratitude to the Sultan for finding them worthy of the titles.
The five persons turbanned by the Sultan include Tambuwal as Mutawallen Sokoto; Zayyana as Sarkin Gobir Gwadabawa; Kabir Tafida as Sarkin Fadan Sokoto; Aminu Abdullahin as Iyan Sokoto, and Fodio Aliyu as Wambai Sokoto.
The turbanning ceremony was graced by former Head of State, Gen. Muhammad Buhari, former Vice President Atiku Abubakar, Deputy Senate President Ike Ekweremadu, Deputy Speaker of House of Representatives Hon. Emeka Ihedioha, Sokoto Governor Aliyu Wamakko, Kano state governor Rabiu Kwankwaso, Rivers governor Rotimi Amaechi, Kwara governor Abdulfatai Ahmed and Nasarawa governor Tanko Almakura.
Re: Shun Politics Of Hatred, Work For Nigeria, Sultan Urges GEJ And Others. by Quintero: 8:36am On Sep 28, 2014
For crying out loud why single out GEJ in your headline. Is he not referring to politicians in general whether PDP or APC? Another APC madness. undecided
Re: Shun Politics Of Hatred, Work For Nigeria, Sultan Urges GEJ And Others. by Nobody: 8:39am On Sep 28, 2014
Quintero: For crying out loud why single out GEJ in your headline. Is he not referring to politicians in general whether PDP or APC? Another APC madness. undecided
I wonder o.

1 Like

Re: Shun Politics Of Hatred, Work For Nigeria, Sultan Urges GEJ And Others. by lonelydora: 8:42am On Sep 28, 2014
He should advise his Northern brothers and not GEJ.
Re: Shun Politics Of Hatred, Work For Nigeria, Sultan Urges GEJ And Others. by KenSaroWiwa: 8:43am On Sep 28, 2014
Quintero: For crying out loud why single out GEJ in your headline. Is he not referring to politicians in general whether PDP or APC? Another APC madness. undecided
I'm sorry mr man but you have no business with my headline. I can choose whatever headline I like to suit any article or news of my taste. Get that into your skull.
Re: Shun Politics Of Hatred, Work For Nigeria, Sultan Urges GEJ And Others. by Quintero: 8:53am On Sep 28, 2014
KenSaroWiwa:
I'm sorry mr man but you have no business with my headline. I can choose whatever headline I like to suit any article or news of my taste. Get that into your skull.
Ok sir.
Re: Shun Politics Of Hatred, Work For Nigeria, Sultan Urges GEJ And Others. by tomakint: 8:53am On Sep 28, 2014
See who is advising? I thought his advice should be directed at his fellow Funky Mallams who are hellbent to hijack power from Jonathan by whatever means even if they are not voted in by the fiffle oh sorry I mean people! cool
Re: Shun Politics Of Hatred, Work For Nigeria, Sultan Urges GEJ And Others. by KenSaroWiwa: 11:13am On Sep 28, 2014
tomakint: See who is advising? I thought his advice should be directed at his fellow Funky Mallams who are hellbent to hijack power from Jonathan by whatever means even if they are not voted in by the fiffle oh sorry I mean people! cool
grin
Re: Shun Politics Of Hatred, Work For Nigeria, Sultan Urges GEJ And Others. by isrecole: 2:13pm On Sep 28, 2014
Sultan of Sokoto should direct his statement to KWANKWANSO,ROTIMI AMAECHI AND their new found leader, TINUBU!!!!!!! All the statements they have been making all laced with hatred for President Goodluck Jonathan. They are the Apostles of POLITICS OF HATRED. But they will fail because they can't stop Jonathan in 2015.

(1) (Reply)

See What A Teacher Is Teaching Kids Because Of The Nigerian Government / Imo Assembly Commences Probe Of Roche Activities…as Adapalm Workers Protest / House Exposes President, Govs.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.