Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,769 members, 7,952,154 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:28 AM

2014 Independence Day Broadcast By President Jonathan - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2014 Independence Day Broadcast By President Jonathan (21421 Views)

Budget: PDP Member Points To Error Made By President Buhari / National Broadcast By President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, Gcfr / Commissioning Of 4 Nigerian Navy Warships By President Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2014 Independence Day Broadcast By President Jonathan by tommiebuck(f): 12:00pm On Oct 01, 2014
i sincerelly hope this will be the last independence speech given by this man.

5 Likes

Re: 2014 Independence Day Broadcast By President Jonathan by Ekiseme(m): 12:01pm On Oct 01, 2014
Slonge2: God bless nigeria..

God bless nairaland..

God bless oga jona..

God bless seun osewa..

God bless me and my family..

God bless every nairalander..
and Bless You too
Re: 2014 Independence Day Broadcast By President Jonathan by tk4rd: 12:01pm On Oct 01, 2014
sol2galay: I was waiting to hear the announcement of 18 new states. Can somebody tell me when its going to be announce?
If you have been observant enough, you would have noticed that new states were created during military regimes.
Re: 2014 Independence Day Broadcast By President Jonathan by 50calibre(m): 12:01pm On Oct 01, 2014
VoteOutPDPJona:
grin cheesy grin cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
LWTMB

The president is a comedian grin

5 Likes

Re: 2014 Independence Day Broadcast By President Jonathan by Ekiseme(m): 12:02pm On Oct 01, 2014
malikmoreni: SO?
we are Happy smiley

1 Like

Re: 2014 Independence Day Broadcast By President Jonathan by daben1(m): 12:03pm On Oct 01, 2014
The next thing we'll hear now is bomb blast
Re: 2014 Independence Day Broadcast By President Jonathan by tk4rd: 12:04pm On Oct 01, 2014
datbay: It is well.......... Praying a better person will read the independence speech next year.
Yea.. A Jonathan that is better than this Jonathan would read it next year
Re: 2014 Independence Day Broadcast By President Jonathan by Nobody: 12:04pm On Oct 01, 2014
I was expecting GEJ to clear the air regards the $9.3m and to also mentioned the two naija ghosts ....

4 Likes

Re: 2014 Independence Day Broadcast By President Jonathan by VoteOutPDPJona: 12:05pm On Oct 01, 2014
23. To me, the National Conference is the greatest centenary gift to our country that we must cherish and sustain.

When last did GEJ implement any of his numerous committee recommendations? It will be surprising to see him put the National Conference report into action.

1 Like

Re: 2014 Independence Day Broadcast By President Jonathan by tinacrl01(m): 12:05pm On Oct 01, 2014
CyberWolf: 37. We have also launched a special support programme for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises with an initial intervention fund of two hundred and twenty billion naira (N220 b). This is in addition to the Presidential Job Creation Board which I inaugurated recently with the charge to create three million jobs annually.

38. In demonstration of our Administration’s commitment to addressing Nigeria’s housing deficit, we have commenced the new mortgage re-finance programme with the establishment of the Nigerian Mortgage Re-finance Company. It is expected that, in addition to creating additional housing units across the country, this initiative also represents a huge job creation opportunity.

39. We have recorded notable success in the social sector. Nigeria has been globally acknowledged for reducing extreme hunger by more than half, with the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) formally presenting the country with an award for achieving the Millennium Development Goal on Hunger three years ahead of the 2015 target date set for the Millennium Development Goals.

40. This progress is as a result of the deliberate policy of government to increase capacity in our agricultural sector of which the first step was to address and eliminate the graft in our fertilizer procurement system and ensure that the product gets directly to the farmer. We are expanding our irrigation infrastructure to ensure that our farmers have sufficient water supply for dry season farming.

41. A benefit of these combined actions is that our national food import bill has declined from 1.1 trillion naira (6.9 billion dollars) in 2009 to 684.7 billion naira (4.35 billion dollars) by December 2013, and continues to decline.

42. Modern hybrid schools are being provided for less privileged children across the country, resulting in significant increase in the national school enrolment figure

43. In order to further enhance access to education at the tertiary level, fourteen new Federal Universities have been established; and, to encourage persons of exceptional abilities, our Administration has also introduced a Presidential Scholarship Scheme based strictly on excellence and merit.

44. On infrastructure, we are building roads, bridges, and new rail lines to make it easier to traverse Nigeria and increase the integration of our people and our ability to do business with each other. In this regard, we have commenced the process of building the Second Niger Bridge. The Loko-Oweto Bridge over River Benue in Nasarawa and Benue States, will significantly reduce travel time by road between Northern and Southern Nigeria. The on-going dredging of the River Niger up to Baro in Niger State is opening up large parts of the Nigerian hinterland to maritime activity.

45. The Zungeru and Mambilla Hydro-electric power projects are on course, and the Kashimbilla dam which we started a few years ago, is nearing completion. The successful privatisation of our power sector will in the long run enhance industrial growth. Policies such as this and others have raised Nigeria to the enviable status of being the number one recipient of Foreign Direct Investment in Africa in the past year.

46. The result of this infrastructure drive is that two and a half million jobs have been created over the past two years. This is a record, which we are committed to improve upon to continue to provide jobs for our youth.

47. An unprecedented number of Airports across the country, are not only being reconstructed at the same time, but being re-equipped and reassessed with emphasis on maintaining global standards.

48. Fellow Nigerians, the goals we set to achieve for our country involve expanding the frontiers of economic freedom. Let us therefore unite with one heart and one mind. All our people must have access to the good things of life. All our people must be empowered to pursue the gift of life with happiness. This is our country; we must build it for our common posterity.

49. As we move into an election year, desperate moves to overheat the polity are becoming a regular occurrence. Our political leaders in particular must know that the contest for power should not translate to the destruction of the polity.

50. The contest for the leadership of our country must yield good governance, and not ungovernable spaces. The love of country should rank higher than our individual ambitions.

51. We must remain committed to a united and indivisible Nigeria within democratic parameters. The protection of individual rights, liberty, equality before the law, freedom of thought, and a progressive pursuit of a sound economy must be our goal.

52. I cannot end this address without commenting on the deadly Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) which was sadly brought into our country recently. My directives to the Federal Ministry of Health saw the ministry leading the charge in curtailing the spread of this deadly scourge and managing its impact. This is how it should be: swift, effective and comprehensive action in defence of citizens.

53. It must be pointed out that the Ebola battle is still raging elsewhere in our sub-region. I therefore enjoin all our citizens to continue to adhere strictly to all the guidelines that have been given by our health officials to keep Ebola out of our country.

54. I appreciate and welcome the spirit of collaboration, unity and partnership with which we confronted the threat of the Ebola Virus Disease. I thank all Nigerians for working together to prevent what could have become a major epidemic. I particularly thank the medical personnel, some of whom made the ultimate sacrifice.

55. This is the spirit which we must demonstrate at all times as we face up to our challenges as a nation: one people, united by a common resolve, in the pursuit of one common national interest.

56. As we look forward to another year in our national life, I am more than confident that our tomorrow will be better than our yesterday and today. Nigeria has got the human and material resources to excel and we shall lead the way in that journey to our manifest destiny.

57. Fellow countrymen, brothers and sisters, in all our plans, and in all our words and our actions, we must stand together in love and unity, as one people under God.

58. We are one people from the womb of one Nigeria. We are brothers and sisters. We are one family. We are Nigerians.

59. God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- See more at: http://reubenabati.com.ng/2014-Independence-Day-Broadcast-by-President.html#sthash.9pRe74DD.dpuf
Re: 2014 Independence Day Broadcast By President Jonathan by Nobody: 12:06pm On Oct 01, 2014
Nigeria I hail thee

GRAB SOME FREE RECHARGE CARDS: http://a.pgtb.me/12ZxCd

Re: 2014 Independence Day Broadcast By President Jonathan by Ekiseme(m): 12:06pm On Oct 01, 2014
VoteOutPDPJona: I may have given up on the PDP but definitely not on Nigeria.
you really mean business

happy new month sha cool
Re: 2014 Independence Day Broadcast By President Jonathan by VoteOutPDPJona: 12:11pm On Oct 01, 2014
26. Our Administration has made a commitment to ensure that we build and sustain a democratic infrastructure anchored on free and fair elections. International and local observers have attested to the positive evolution of electoral credibility and we cannot afford to relent.

27. We will continue to ensure that the will of the electorate prevails so that political leaders would be reminded at all times that there is a day of reckoning when they have to go back to the people at the polls. Election days must not be days of violence and death. We must remain vigilant to ensure that our electoral process is characterised by peace, security and transparency.

28. I enjoin the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), all security agencies, politicians and the electorate to work conscientiously and peacefully, together, to consolidate on the gains of the recent elections. Free and fair elections have come to stay; nothing else will be acceptable to our people.

I give him a pass mark here. But for his own good and the good of fellow suffering Nigerians, he should not attempt to rig his presidential election next year. Former president Gbagbo and Ivory Coast come to mind.
Re: 2014 Independence Day Broadcast By President Jonathan by Ekiseme(m): 12:11pm On Oct 01, 2014
50calibre:

You should be a damn about your stup*idity, not what I think. You are a problem to yourself .
what is your problem mr man?

1 Like

Re: 2014 Independence Day Broadcast By President Jonathan by justitiaomnibus(m): 12:11pm On Oct 01, 2014
Today marks the 54th anniversary of our
country’s independence as a sovereign
nation. This is also the tenth month of our
journey into a new century, having marked
the centenary of our nation in January this
year. The first one hundred years were
marked by triumphs and tribulations,
benefits and burdens, opportunities and
challenges. We made some far reaching
advances in building a strong, united and
prosperous nation. We also overcame the
forces of disunity that culminated in a
debilitating civil war. We have also
renewed our faith in one another, and in
our country. We have proven that we are
truly a resilient nation... On an occasion like this, it is important that we remember all the precious souls that have been lost in the unprecedented war of terror unleashed on some parts of our country by these individuals who want to compel us to live our lives their way. They will not succeed!- GoodlucK Jonathan, 2014.

Re: 2014 Independence Day Broadcast By President Jonathan by Ekiseme(m): 12:12pm On Oct 01, 2014
VoteOutPDPJona:
grin cheesy grin cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
LWTMB
was it really that funny?
Re: 2014 Independence Day Broadcast By President Jonathan by StevenAA(m): 12:13pm On Oct 01, 2014
50calibre: Meaningless noise from a retar*ded president.

Waste of time!!

You must be a crazy person

1 Like

Re: 2014 Independence Day Broadcast By President Jonathan by Nobody: 12:15pm On Oct 01, 2014

Waste of time!!

Go bring your unretar-ded father to become president

1 Like

Re: 2014 Independence Day Broadcast By President Jonathan by darlingtonNYIG(m): 12:16pm On Oct 01, 2014
strawgirl: Happy Birthday to me. Am so happy today. Nairalanders wish me a happy Birthday.
hmm, I have seen my birthday mate. Wish you great things of life as you wish me also. Success is ours
Re: 2014 Independence Day Broadcast By President Jonathan by ahizih(m): 12:17pm On Oct 01, 2014
[quote author=]Rubbish[/quote] wat is rubish? The speech or de celebration?
Re: 2014 Independence Day Broadcast By President Jonathan by VoteOutPDPJona: 12:17pm On Oct 01, 2014
43. In order to further enhance access to education at the tertiary level, fourteen new Federal Universities have been established; and, to encourage persons of exceptional abilities, our Administration has also introduced a Presidential Scholarship Scheme based strictly on excellence and merit.

Don't talk about tertiary education, please! Uni and Poly students are yet to recover from the last ASUU/ASUP/COESU strikes. angry
Re: 2014 Independence Day Broadcast By President Jonathan by Ekiseme(m): 12:18pm On Oct 01, 2014
tommiebuck: i sincerelly hope this will be the last independence speech given by this man.
too bad, you can only wish

sorry o
Re: 2014 Independence Day Broadcast By President Jonathan by Johnnyessence(m): 12:18pm On Oct 01, 2014
am sick and tired of hearing our President in this country Cos' are words are full of lies imagine nothing can be point to in our education system,no constant light in d electricity they are still debating on privatizing all d fg firms even privatizing d oil sector,privatizing our oil refinery chaii a lot of things are falling apart in this country.d worst of it all 64 million of d population are illiterates I don't blame them Cos' d free education we know in d past are not free again most of our federal government universities fees are now high imagine a fresher that's paying #25,000 before are now paying #100,000 and d student av protest thus far on this hiking of fees no genuine reason to buttress their point. we are tired of PDP leadership Cos' d poverty in d land av rise high in Gej govt.d rich are getting richer while d poor are getting poorer no good example in d govt.again we are tired of bribing us with rice and kerosene, we need vibrant leadership that will make corruption on zero tolerance in this country. I strongly believe this country can be forward in 3-4 yrs if will remove d PDP bloods in d govt. not d one of ten yrs d President is saying in his broadcast.

2 Likes

Re: 2014 Independence Day Broadcast By President Jonathan by sexzskil(f): 12:21pm On Oct 01, 2014
JONATHAN- THE DUMBEST, MOST CURRUPT PRESIDENT IN MODERN HISTORY!

3 Likes

Re: 2014 Independence Day Broadcast By President Jonathan by Ekiseme(m): 12:22pm On Oct 01, 2014
daben1: The next thing we'll hear now is bomb blast
nawa for you o
Re: 2014 Independence Day Broadcast By President Jonathan by tommiebuck(f): 12:22pm On Oct 01, 2014
Ekiseme: too bad, you can only wish

sorry o
meaning??
Re: 2014 Independence Day Broadcast By President Jonathan by VoteOutPDPJona: 12:23pm On Oct 01, 2014
52. I cannot end this address without commenting on the deadly Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) which was sadly brought into our country recently. My directives to the Federal Ministry of Health saw the ministry leading the charge in curtailing the spread of this deadly scourge and managing its impact. This is how it should be: swift, effective and comprehensive action in defence of citizens.

Kudos first to Fashola for taking the initiative before your men woke up to the Ebola reality. Nevertheless, kudos to GEJ for his response, though slow.

4 Likes

Re: 2014 Independence Day Broadcast By President Jonathan by Nobody: 12:25pm On Oct 01, 2014

Waste of time!!
You are very use*ess,dear. smiley
Re: 2014 Independence Day Broadcast By President Jonathan by Talkloaded: 12:25pm On Oct 01, 2014
ahizih: wat is rubish? The speech or de celebration?

Both

1 Like

Re: 2014 Independence Day Broadcast By President Jonathan by ahizih(m): 12:26pm On Oct 01, 2014
Nice speech sir,God will shame all those who vow to make your administration ungovernable
Re: 2014 Independence Day Broadcast By President Jonathan by VoteOutPDPJona: 12:26pm On Oct 01, 2014
Ekiseme: you really mean business

happy new month sha cool

Happy new month to you bro!
Re: 2014 Independence Day Broadcast By President Jonathan by Talkloaded: 12:28pm On Oct 01, 2014
Ekiseme: shove that rubbish deep inside your a.ss

no wonder someone said your infinitesimal brain
is smaller that a goat's clitorissss.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Edo Governorship Dispute: INEC Tenders Obaseki’s Nomination Form As Evidence / Seyi Tinubu Poised To Make His Mark In Nigeria's Political Landscape - Osigwe / Depots Deserted As Petrol Landing Cost Hits ₦‎720/Litre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.