Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,917 members, 7,872,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:26 AM

Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University - Career (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University (77457 Views)

Rejoinder To When A University Degree No Longer Guarantees A Job / 12 Things Successful Nigerians Never Reveal About Themselves / How To Start A University Lecturing Career? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by heedsa10: 4:21pm On Oct 01, 2014
what this op is try to pass to us here is never to loose hope even if you don't have education as you can be rich and still have graduates on you pay role. to me personally going the university doesn't guarantee success it only gives you an edge. you only make money through hardwork and wisdom.

like someone here said being a graduate in Nigeria as been over hyped, go to western country and see graduates in bricklayer jobs, electrician and some other skillful jobs, bt here we blv a graduate shld do a white collar job thats why you see some graduate still going round the town with their files searching for white collar job that might never come in the next 5 yrs.

I have a guy that is now a director of a company just because he took a bold step by accepting a job as a driver and today he's the director of that company. I have many instances like that but graduates of today blv they shld get a job in an oil firm, banks etc. let tell you instead working around searching for job that might never come you start your own little biz and grow like alakija, okoya, kalu.

1 Like

Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by 100Cents: 4:28pm On Oct 01, 2014
Princecalm: Those people you mentioned did not just say"i will not go to school and i will be successful" it all happened due to some certain conditions.The type of mindset you portrayed in your write-up means you are trying to say even if people don't care about education they will still be successful.I am yet to see someone who did not attend primary school become so successful or is primary school not part of education.

If educated people are being called out, will you include a Primary school certificate holder ?

One thing in life is that every man grows up with a personal conviction. Whatever you believe works for you. There is no need smearing your conviction on other people with opposing views. If you remain positive, you get positive results. If you are pessimistic, you get negative results. Ultimately, man is the architect of his destiny..

For me, the passion I have for success makes me understand that success does not come by going to school. Infact I can comfortably sell my certificate because I know I must succeed in business..

1 Like

Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by 2scorehigh(m): 4:37pm On Oct 01, 2014
Well, to me, it's not a question of attending a university or not because 'success' is an open field.

I believe it's more of having the necessary talent/s and skills.

So many people(graduates) end up acquiring certificates thinking that is all and all but what they may not know is that faith(certificates) without good work(talents & skills) is dead!

1 Like

Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by flyca: 4:38pm On Oct 01, 2014
bolukaz: 8 succesful people alone? Why not take a short trip around your hood and observe scores of uneducated people living 'just' around the poverty line, these people just happened to get a 1-in-a-million chance of making it big in an education-driven society

Thank you for intervening on time
Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by Cbntlt(m): 4:38pm On Oct 01, 2014
Onitsha main market has about 2000 billionaires in NAIRA. 98% did not smell higher education. 40% of the same number did not have SSCE

cheesy op u didn't do ur research well
Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by biopat(m): 4:39pm On Oct 01, 2014
OP...maybe you should also give us the list of these "uneducated" successful guys that had refused to send their kids to the university.

These people u r talking about make sure their kids get the best of education. U r here highlighting the fact that they were uneducated.

Btw, I hear Agofure, the owner of Agufure Motors is a student of Delsu.....E don graduate?
Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by Hibiscuss(m): 4:41pm On Oct 01, 2014
In other news, the highest earning CEO in Nigeria did go to school. Where would she be by now if she had read your post 30years ago?
Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by Godsun2013(m): 4:41pm On Oct 01, 2014
O.p, it seems jamb don dey do u strong tin u nid sumtin dat wil motivate u...

Ur parent must see dis post. grin

1 Like

Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by henryify2004(m): 4:41pm On Oct 01, 2014
rattlesnake: But somebody else who went to university on their behalf was behind their success...... undecided

Don jazzy cant make music without some software developer
Coscharis cant sell cars without the engineers who made the cars
Famfa oil cant do business without the oil engineers
Mercy Johnson cant have Big braests without Dr 90210 tongue tongue and you snake can graduate without certificate

etc etc etc

I will rather go to school
Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by Kcdojoto(m): 4:57pm On Oct 01, 2014
Abeg op, book the 9th position for me because I know that I will make it in life like my colleagues
Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by bigiyaro(m): 5:09pm On Oct 01, 2014
DonDiego:
Not so fast, bros. If a list of those successful ones who did go to university is compiled in comparison, na you go come keep quiet o because dem go reach hundreds of thousands.
my oga, don't get me wrong, I said attending the University does not GUARANTEE success or wealth . Bill Gates dropped out when the University became a nuisance to him. Dangote, p square, tubaba, Michael Jackson etc etc, which universities did they attend? What am saying is that University is good but it doesn't guarantee anything. A graduate earning 200k does not even fall into the bracket of successful and wealthy. When we talk of wealth, you know just what we are talking about.
Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by chuggy(m): 5:12pm On Oct 01, 2014
okeyscrib: Orji Uzo Kalu did not finish University?? How the hell did he become governor?
. In Mama connect o!
Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by NelsonOjo(m): 5:23pm On Oct 01, 2014
bigiyaro: Nice one op. The earlier Nigerians discover that attending University or tertiary institutions does not guarantee success or wealth the better our country will become.
Lolsssss.....
school is good.
Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by fortunejum: 5:26pm On Oct 01, 2014
THAT IS HOW GOD PURPOSE IT FOR THEM
Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by jman77(m): 5:26pm On Oct 01, 2014
rattlesnake: But somebody else who went to university on their behalf was behind their success...... undecided

Don jazzy cant make music without some software developer
Coscharis cant sell cars without the engineers who made the cars
Famfa oil cant do business without the oil engineers
Mercy Johnson cant have Big braests without Dr 90210 tongue tongue

etc etc etc

I will rather go to school
go to school and graduate to work for a cattle seller as an accontant,vet doc,clerk or better with dangote abi?...guy! i prefer people behind my success and fame to me behind people's fame and never heard of.i laugh@ ur 104 likes...oh! its now 202,let dem push you not to go into entrepreneurship
Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by NelsonOjo(m): 5:27pm On Oct 01, 2014
heedsa10: what this op is try to pass to us here is never to loose hope even if you don't have education as you can be rich and still have graduates on you pay role. to me personally going the university doesn't guarantee success it only gives you an edge. you only make money through hardwork and wisdom.

like someone here said being a graduate in Nigeria as been over hyped, go to western country and see graduates in bricklayer jobs, electrician and some other skillful jobs, bt here we blv a graduate shld do a white collar job thats why you see some graduate still going round the town with their files searching for white collar job that might never come in the next 5 yrs.

I have a guy that is now a director of a company just because he took a bold step by accepting a job as a driver and today he's the director of that company. I have many instances like that but graduates of today blv they shld get a job in an oil firm, banks etc. let tell you instead working around searching for job that might never come you start your own little biz and grow like alakija, okoya, kalu.
as for me,,,,I must be educated.......
Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by Nobody: 5:29pm On Oct 01, 2014
agrovick:
this username though grin how are u?
lol, what's with my username? I'm cool and you?
Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by Koyegunle: 5:29pm On Oct 01, 2014
iamsegsy: why not give us millions of successful people who went to school and get dis crap outta here...... dis are d kinda things that discourages youth from studying hard.... they all wanna be lyk wizkid,davido....it might work for them but not for all

u should encourage us not discourage us...

Brother he's not discouraging anybody he's just saying.... In all your getting academics get Entrepreneurial skills too.....

1 Like

Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by MrsGoodness(f): 5:32pm On Oct 01, 2014
Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by AdeniyiA(m): 5:34pm On Oct 01, 2014
ARES: for every rich uneducated there are a million poor uneducated..... ur logic doesnt hold
The uncertainties of life. Such is life.
it follows that being educated or uneducated does not intrinsically guaranty your success or lack of it, but chances, time nd opportunity happens to us all...the word of God has said it all,
Ecclesiastes 9:11 I" returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift(d educated) , nor the battle to the strong(d educated) , neither yet bread to the wise(d educated) , nor yet riches to men of understanding(the educated) , nor yet favour to men of skill(d educated) ; but time and chance happeneth to them all."
Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by sexzskil(f): 5:35pm On Oct 01, 2014
I keep on seeing 2 face, down hazy, whiz kid, p square, etc as being successful In the REAL world all these mediocre can never be labelled celebrities or ''successful''. Anyway, we are in third-world country. One was even putting all these talentless reetards along Michael Jackson in the same sentence, how more foolish can Africans get?

2 Likes

Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by Nobody: 5:35pm On Oct 01, 2014
And whats d main point of d whole story. We shouldnt further in our study right?....

Those ones mentioned were only opportuned and lucky to b where they r nw. So, if nt going to d university could get them where they r, it simply means going to d higher institution would make us attain better success than they did.
Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by princebergz(m): 5:52pm On Oct 01, 2014
Oh geee... It's a good thing to know BUT nna wait, these are a minute few in a densely populated 3rd world country...
Forget say dm no go school, they found what made them tick and they went for it! We should teach youths career management + entrepreneurial skills NOT glorifying those who didn't go to school (them no dey learn IQ for school), this generation person wey no near no go near money, no be only certificate school dey offer, lifelong connections + friendships that can change your destiny are often times cemented in school... be guided
Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by Nobody: 5:54pm On Oct 01, 2014
[/color][color=#990000][/color][quote author=bigiyaro]Nice one op. The earlier Nigerians discover that attending University or tertiary institutions does not guarantee success or wealth the better our country will become. [color=#006600]. So because of this,should education of higher learning be discouraged? For the record, If u're not so educated,there are certain circles u can't break into no matter the trailer loads of cash u think u've gat. Got it.

1 Like

Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by amanze15(m): 6:00pm On Oct 01, 2014
Education is not everything?! What's a cliche!!!....I know an illitrate businessman who is pouring everything into her daughter's education first degree bowen 2nd degree manchester third degree princeton on scholarship, the best brains are always tops no matter what, naija don format people rational thinking....

1 Like

Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by Sunnybobo3(m): 6:02pm On Oct 01, 2014
bolukaz: 8 succesful people alone? Why not take a short trip around your hood and observe scores of uneducated people living 'just' around the poverty line, these people just happened to get a 1-in-a-million chance of making it big in an education-driven society

It depends on what you call education. In Anambra state, the wealthiest people are those with no University education so not having a degree isn't an excuse not to make it in life.
Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by heedsa10: 6:10pm On Oct 01, 2014
[quote author=NelsonOjo]as for me,,,,I must be educated.....

no one said you shldnt be educated but education doesn't guarantee you success. you can be educated and be poor. what will liberate you is your hardwork and what you have upstair.
Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by freeman67: 6:17pm On Oct 01, 2014
Success is a very relative word. Meanin what constitute being succesful can be viewed from different angle. There is no single road to success. Most of the people listed above as succesful people were either unsuccesful in their various attemps at formal education,misused the oppurtunity they had to attend it or did not get the oppurtunity at all. The likes of mercy johnson could not pass jamb when her mates did, so she had to turn to the next availlable oppurtunity and do something meaningful with her life; that's a good fighting spirit but does not reduce the fact that she might have wanted something different as occupation.

Let us not underestimate the power of formal education.The effect of lack of it is mostly felt by those that could not get it and that is why none of the people in that list would want to have a child that lacks formal education.
Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by nigerfine: 6:26pm On Oct 01, 2014
Are they pleased not to have gone to school? If so let's see how their children sit at home so that they can equally be successful. You can't quantity the cost of not getting this....that's why they strive to get education at all cost.
Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by Nobody: 6:33pm On Oct 01, 2014
Op. You are talking of university, that is even very high. Come to kano and see MANY illiterate billionaires employing graduate. My uncle is worth almost 10 billion naira and he has never step his foot in class room.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Why Are People In These Professions Very Rude? / Africans Roasting Corn For Survival In Paris, France. Photos/video / How Lucrative Is OPTOMETRY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.