Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,433 members, 7,947,782 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 08:35 AM

Lying To God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lying To God (766 Views)

10 Biblical Truths To Combat Temptation Of Lying As A Christian / See What This Dude Is Giving To God / Dangers In Lying About The "Will Of God" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lying To God by FreshGreen: 10:41am On Oct 01, 2014
LYING TO GOD
“Nevertheless they flattered Him with their mouth,
And they lied to Him with their tongue” Psalm 78:36

Is it possible to lie to God? God is omniscience, He knows everything at every time and at everywhere. Does is not sound stupid for a mortal man to lie to the omnipotent and omniscience God? But we do lie to God many times and that is irritatingly dangerous. People continue to lie to God everyday and it has become part of Christian lifestyle, and we are no longer afraid about it.

Lying to God is telling God He is who He is not in our lives, telling Him that He is something which we do not allow Him to be in our lives. When you say, “Jesus Christ, you are my Lord” but you are actually the lord of your life, you are ruling your own life, and you don’t allow Him to rule your life, because you do not live your life to please Him, then you are lying to Him. How can you tell Jesus that He is your Lord and you allow your own “self” to control and dominate your life? So where is the lordship of Jesus? When you say Jesus is your Savior, and you persist in sin, then from what has He saved you to become your Savior? You are lying to Him.

That was the reason Jesus said, “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven.” Matthew 7:21. When you go to Jesus and say to Him, “You are my Lord, my Savior” but you are not living your life to please Him, and you are not doing His will, you are not obeying His commands; it simply means you are lying to Him.

The Psalmist said, “And they lied to Him with their tongue” Psalm 78:36. What is the essence of telling God what He is not in your life? Do you think He doesn't see? Lying to God is adding sin to sins, it is better not to say anything than to lie to God.

During praise and worship, when you say unto God, “God, you are my Great Provider!” But you are getting money through sinful means of bribery, corruption, falsification and others; is it the same holy God that provides for you through such means or Satan is your provider? When you get job, promotion through immorality and changing of age, and you go ahead singing that God is your Provider, are you not lying to God? How can a Holy God provides through unholy means? It is Satan who provides through such unholy means, and so Satan is the provider for such people.

If truly you believe God is your Great Provider, you will trust Him with all your heart, you will not worry or wander away into sinful means, you will stand for the truth and never compromise, like the three Hebrew men in the land of Babylon; you will stay on the purity and promise of God, no matter how long; you will not compromise God’s word on the altar of immorality, bribery, changing of age or falsifying document. If truly God is your Provider as you sing and say, you will be wiling to let any sinful offer and opportunity go, you will believe God to provide for you in His own way and in accordance to His own word, and you will admit that what God will not give you, let no man give you. If God will not give you provision in a perverted way, why will you take it and praise God as your Provider?

“And they lied to Him with their tongue.” How can a man lie to God Almighty? It’s senseless and self-destructive. There is no lie as dangerous as lying to your Maker. When you say with your tongue that God is your Everything, your Supplier and your Helper, do you mean what you say? If God is your Helper and Everything as you sing, then why do you do malpractice in your exam because you want to pass? Why do you go into sexual immorality to get what you want? Why do you seek help in a sinful way and from satanic people? Why do you go to occult and spiritualists to get help? Why did you compromise with the world to get what you need?

Beloved Christian, you sing that God is your Helper and Supplier, yes, you sing it and say it with your own mouth, but are they true or you are lying to God? If you believe God is your Helper, then why are you worried and disturbed? It is easier to say the saying than to be serious with the saying. How can we say what we cannot stand for? How can we say what we are not seriously sure of? How can you say God is your Everything when you are afraid of everything? How can you call God a name that He is not in your life?

If God is your Protector, why are you panic about the attack of the enemies and useless dreams? If God is your Strength, why are you surrendering to the enemy of your soul? If you call God “Holy, holy, is your Name” then why are you doing unholy things? If God is worthy of your praise, then why are you involving yourself in unworthy things? If God is your Shepherd, then why are you sorting things out by your own wisdom without trusting Him? If God is really your I AM that I AM, then why are you anxious? If God is the reason for your living, then why are you a living contrary to God’s word?

Sincerely, majority of praise and worship made by many Christians today are simply lies. We say what we don’t mean just to sing. But seriously, must you sing praise and worship or say something good about God which is not true in your life? Must you cause problem for your soul by lying to God?

It’s a fearful thing to lie to the Almighty, All powerful God. It is better not to say anything than to lie to God. Psalm 18:26. It is destructive to lie to your Maker, because it is an act of disrespecting, disregarding God Almighty.

It takes God to maintain the blessings you get by God. It takes lies to retain the blessing you get by lie, it takes bribery and corruption to maintain the blessing gotten by bribery and corruption, and it takes immorality to keep the blessing gotten by immorality. There is no need to praise God for what He does not do for you, and it is of no use to praise Him for who He is not in your life.

True and acceptable praises are not only by singing and saying, but it reflects in deed and lifestyle, because the beauty of praise is not in the melodious voice or instruments played, but it is in holiness of life, and so if you praise God without holiness of life, your praises are too ugly and dirty to be accepted by Holy God.

We need repentance and re-dedication to God before He can be who He is in our lives; we need to trust Him and have faith in Him all the time.

Micah 6:6-8
With what shall I come before the LORD,
And bow myself before the High God?
Shall I come before Him with burnt offerings,
With calves a year old?
7 Will the LORD be pleased with thousands of rams,
Ten thousand rivers of oil?
Shall I give my firstborn for my transgression,
The fruit of my body for the sin of my soul?
8 He has shown you, O man, what is good;
And what does the LORD require of you
But to do justly,
To love mercy,
And to walk humbly with your God?

This message is from Revelation of Truth Evangelical Ministries, RTEM if you will like to surrender your life to Jesus, rededicate your life to Jesus, please click the link
http://www.facebook.com/notes/revelation-of-truth-evangelical-ministries-rtem/how-can-i-be-saved/270674586372252

You can also contact us on email or phone for prayer, counsel or if you need biblical enlightenment on personal issues:

This message is from Revelation of Truth Evangelical Ministries, RTEM

Our Email: rtemoutreaches@yahoo.com

Our Tel: (+234) (0)803 924 9751, (0)705 937 3351, (0)802 578 7942.
Our website: www.rtemoutreach.org

Our Facebook page, you can like our page for daily article on your wall, please click on this link and "like", then click on the "liked" and add to "interest list" http://www.facebook.com/pages/Revelation-of-Truth-Evangelical-Ministries-RTEM/244086502364394

If you will like to be receiving our weekly articles by email, please, click on our website and subscribe for daily Christian articles www.rtemoutreach.org

If you want to read other Christian articles and Bible Studies on several other topics from this ministry, you can please click on this link and see several topics. http://www./468590419840054/files/ You can join to receive new topics

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Like About Your Pastor? / It Is Better To Raise Your Children As Atheist - Study Says / CHECK OUT THIS MILLION DOLLAR BIBLE (PICTURED)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.