Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,203 members, 7,887,530 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 10:11 AM

Is Iggy Azalea A Racist, Will She Survive The Rap Industry? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Is Iggy Azalea A Racist, Will She Survive The Rap Industry? (1605 Views)

Nicki Minaj Vs. Iggy Azalea...who Is Bigger Right Now? / Is Eminem Really The Rap God? / Iggy Azalea - Female Eminem? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Iggy Azalea A Racist, Will She Survive The Rap Industry? by Nobody: 11:49am On Oct 01, 2014
This is my first time posting in this section.

I have been watching some videos by Rap new sensation, Iggy Azalea. I think she is the next best thing that will happen (or even happening) to rap.

With the way she is going she will soon overtake our own rap Queen Nicki Minaj.

But recently Iggy made some statement like;

”I'm the only white girl with a ghetto ass and a high
fashion titties”

This made people worldwide to call or even regard her as a racist.

Even recently around July Nicki Minaj dissed her on Twitter. Almost the exact time she was making the video "Black Widow" with Rita Ora.

Do you guys think with all this controversies surrounding her, she will survive in the Rap industry. Though she is really good.

Your take?

Re: Is Iggy Azalea A Racist, Will She Survive The Rap Industry? by dytbabe: 12:01pm On Oct 01, 2014
I'm gonna love ya
Until you hate me
And I'm gonna show ya
What's really crazy
You should've known better
Than to mess with me, honey
I'm gonna love ya, I'm gonna love ya
Gonna love ya, gonna love ya
Like a black widow, baby
Re: Is Iggy Azalea A Racist, Will She Survive The Rap Industry? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Oct 01, 2014
^^^
Hehehehe!!! I didn't say you should sing for me, what's your take?
Re: Is Iggy Azalea A Racist, Will She Survive The Rap Industry? by ZeemanO3: 12:49pm On Oct 01, 2014
I think iggy azalea is going places . It's very easy to label an artist or to deliberately misquote or misunderstand them just to bring them down . This is what's happening in the case of azalea . You can't brand someone racist when they are currently dating a black person ,I doesn't make sense at all . I think some people from the black community are not comfortable with her success and want to bring her down by fabricating stuff . Of course Nicki minaj will naturally be jittery and come all out guns swinging cos it's her number one spot that's on the line and it's been seriously threatened . She will throw jabs and tantrums until she finally accepts it . I feel iggy azalea is here to stay. She is the next female eminem in the music industry .

1 Like

Re: Is Iggy Azalea A Racist, Will She Survive The Rap Industry? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Oct 01, 2014
ZeemanO3: I think iggy azalea is going places . It's very easy to label an artist or to deliberately misquote or misunderstand them just to bring them down . This is what's happening in the case of azalea . You can't brand someone racist when they are currently dating a black person ,I doesn't make sense at all . I think some people from the black community are not comfortable with her success and want to bring her down by fabricating stuff . Of course Nicki minaj will naturally be jittery and come all out guns swinging cos it's her number one spot that's on the line and it's been seriously threatened . She will throw jabs and tantrums until she finally accepts it . I feel iggy azalea is here to stay. She is the next female eminem in the music industry .

Nice one here

BTW, I feel the same way you do, I love Nicki though, and I also feel for her, being one of her greatest fan.
Rap industry has been the only evolving industry in the world of music. So personally, I see nothing wrong with new people in the mix.

(1) (Reply)

Download Music: Tuface & Wizkid – Dance Go (hennessey 2014 Official Theme So / Sugarboy Ft. Ycee – Chop Download / New Music: Feezy Feat. Dj Abba - Covid19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.