Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,297 members, 7,881,096 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:20 PM

Abuja,nigeria-obama Has Registered First Historic Victory For Commoners - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abuja,nigeria-obama Has Registered First Historic Victory For Commoners (709 Views)

I Have A Dream. Nigeria Will Become A Great Nation. Nigeria "OBAMA" / Buhari On Hard-won Path To Historic Victory - Premiumtimes / (BOKO HARAM) No PLAN To Send Troops To Nigeria – Obama (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Abuja,nigeria-obama Has Registered First Historic Victory For Commoners by Tayogeorge(m): 3:16pm On Nov 07, 2008
Abuja – Nigeria 05/11/2009
Wednesday, 7:18am

The era of who, when and how have ended. So in our life time we could witness; a realizable hope, doubted opportunities, common victory, sense of belonging, unified decisions based on understanding. I think the united State is retrieving her almost lost glories with this. I will consider today a special day, not because somebody won an election of a great country, rather I celebrate a special moment out of the victories of sons and daughters of nobody across the globe, We’ve come a long way.

What this lesson thought me, I assume would have thought others with common backgrounds. We are the majority and I thank God that we could witness a bright, significant Wednesday, the 5th day of November 2009, just exactly 19 days to my birthday. Today is a day to remember, a day we should set aside for our kids to mark, a day we registered our common concern, an over due needs for change, a day we have a resemblance of a Son of an African palm wine tapper became the president, a day the majority, but “commoners” set aside to mark the beginning of hope and peace for everybody, a day the rightful owners of power realize they own the power, and a day that will not be forgotten till thy kingdom comes. Congratulations our world, commoners’ world. We’ve made it.

This has happen at a time like this, when many sons and daughters of common Man across the globe have lost hope because of reckless, careless or lackadaisical attitudes of a few, though powerful clique.

Today, as many would expect is a turning point for African youths to know that we can make the change happen in our time, in our continent if we put all sentiments aside. Its time for common you and I in Africa to realize that with or without money or power, we can make the change happen, we can say NO to influences of money in our electoral processes. We have the power. We are the power. We can decide and take actions with the power.
The journey we all stated in spirit with Barak Obama two years ago should not end on Obama. Since we’ve been able to register our empirical evidence, there’s no doubt that we can effect change around our world.

The historic election of yesterday through this morning has convinced me that people, perhaps every common man is in need of practical change. Throughout the night, I witnessed these determinations. Even when the power holding company of Nigeria switched off my community light at about 2.00am, and I resorted to CNN online, Yahoo news, and MSN news till the battery of my laptop ran down, I continue to confirm uncompromised determinations for change In United States, and other part of the world. I also realized I was not the only Nigerian that was following the game. It was too interesting. Apart from the fact that those news agencies mentioned earlier were updating at 2 minute intervals, I was also receiving calls from around the world. Thanks to the Democrats with their evolution of GSM Mobile phone in Nigeria. My friends, family members and colleagues from Nigerian community in Diaspora were also providing situation reports to their former savant and immediate past Public relations Officer. With these common phrases; ‘we pray’, ‘hope he wins’, ‘still Counting’, ‘close margin’, ‘he’s now leading’, ‘big margin’, ‘he’s winning’, and finally, ‘he WON’, on phone from across the world, I know the time is now for total charge in Nigeria. It will happen in our time.

I was able to draw out a-three point conclusion from the historic election, “That Americans decision of 4th Nov 2009 on Africans would have psychological effect. That it will reflect positively on common Mans’ reasoning and perspective during elections. And that it will help us to attain full blown democracy in our future elections, particularly Nigerians future polls.

Again I congratulate and salute the courageous Americans and the World at large.

And for Bush, i say well done, "History will not forgive those that refused to take decisions, but will forgive those that have taken one, no matter the condition".

For your comments or feedback Visit www.greencitycleaners.com

Thanks for reading.
Tayo George Adewoye, CFR
Senior Partner, Isabella Ventures Abuja, Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

Nddc Now Has Their Own Youtube Channel! / God Wants Me To Be Next President' - Pastor Bakare / Facebook Pictures To Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.