Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,168 members, 7,943,234 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 09:28 AM

What SUCCESS Really Means - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What SUCCESS Really Means (493 Views)

What Your CV Means In Your Absence / More Nigerians Are Turning To Event Dancing As A Means Of Survival / Can U Advice A Prostitute To Change Her Means? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What SUCCESS Really Means by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 1:28pm On Oct 01, 2014
Following a post on front page with a number of successful people who didn't complete their tertiary education, I will like to clear the airways about success, it's meaning, and prick your intelligence about what you think it is.

Success simply means achieving a planned intention.

From this definition it is obvious that if I plan to crash Nairaland by the end of this month and I am able to achieve it, I have been successful. I am not a religious person but I think some where in Joshua, the Bible talks about good success. If there is good success, there is also bad success.

Also, success is in levels. If everybody in a class if 10 graduates at the same time, they are all successful from the crowd's point of view. Yet amongst them there will be a best graduating student.

From the previous post, it is easy to deduce that people quantify success based on material and physical manifestations. Success is beyond that.

Success in its entirety covers every aspect of your life or have you not heard about successful singers committing suicide?

Look beyond physical manifestations. Set goals for yourself (physical, mental, spiritual, whatever), pursue them, do not quit, and you can beat your chest and call yourself a success.

One last thing, dreams are free so dream big.

Always open to debate.

(1) (Reply)

Who BAN Me? / Hello Everyone / It For Real Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.