Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,102 members, 7,883,862 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 05:30 PM

There Was A Country - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Was A Country (390 Views)

Ill / How Can We Present This Person As President In A Country Of 160 Million? / Why Does A Country Needs To Borrow When She Can Easily Print More? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

There Was A Country by chiboyD: 3:22pm On Oct 01, 2014
Seasons come and go,so does Kings and their reigns.One major certainty of life remains that,a 'coming', inevitably suggests a 'going'.Our minds and nomenclatural identities, are part of our possessions that can never be taken away from us,regardless of our carelessness or lack of sapience. The others are subject to how we guard and keep them.

Albeit some parts of the world still practice ancestral leadership, that not withstanding,it remains subject to replacement.Kings arise,seeming infallible, but then are overrun by their own incredulity and oversight. The current world powers, were some centuries ago,not properly heard.From the world of Philosophy, Economics and so forth,it will be established that the Greek world was in global dominance,but are today,dutifully trying to find their feet.This instance, sure sends a message.

"THERE WAS A COUNTRY",a book by veteran but departed writer, CHINUA ACHEBE,brought about a stir,based on its background. But the recognition it got,certifies its quality. This isn't an issue of Biafra now,but one thing is sure,THERE WAS A COUNTRY.

This many will interpret in various manners but then,there was a country that operated on acceptable ethics and norms.This reflected in the way the people was governed,and in the demeanor of her leaders.The word 'orderliness',was not spelt but experienced, at least in a relative manner.

That country that existed, had a constitution, that practically bound both the 'fortunate' and 'unfortunate' nationals.References were sincerely made to it.And it was evident, in the modus operandi,of the political office holders.Amidst the theoretical constitution, in that nation now exist cabals,who impugn her fellow compatriots,with abysmal impudence. Their lies,bravado,'tyranny' et all,knows no limit.

The country I heard of,used to be the pride of her continent.At its roar,its neighbours gave way.When it sneezes,the rest caught cold.To my utmost dismay,that nation is being brought side by side,with neighbors that ought to tremble at its presence.Derogatory references are now being made to her.

That country is now being manned like a conglomerate, by the 'fortunate few'.Handing over the batons to their offsprings and their likes.While rest of the nationals,moan like unpaid stewards.Yet,promises are being heaped.

In that country that once existed,the younger generation had trust and belief in it,but now their dreams are just mere mirage.

Leaders of that nation, had known and proven histories.Almost nothing about them was covert,except their undies.But leaders of that nation that took over,are with histories too much to be penned down.

In the words of Martin Luther,"I SEE THE PROMISELAND",but I'm apprehensive as to whether the captains of our ship will take us there.I wish to wake up,to behold the nation,I heard of.

(1) (Reply)

APC, PDP And Its Members,"the Case Of My Enemy's Enemy Is My Friend" / ANOTHER $5.7 Million SCANDAL / Nigeria To Cede Parts Of Cross River To Cameroon NOT TRUE - Surveyor-general

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.