Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,182 members, 7,943,260 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 10:18 AM

Jesus Christ, A Revelation? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Christ, A Revelation? (538 Views)

A Revelation About The Nigerian Army And Boko Haram / Was Jesus Christ A Muslim? / Is Jesus Christ A Descendant Of King David? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Jesus Christ, A Revelation? by Ajibam: 12:04pm On Oct 02, 2014
JESUS CHRIST, A REVELATION.

What's revelation?
Revelation is simply to reveal, enlighten, to know a new thing, astonishing enlightenment about something, you can't call something you know and already familiarised yourself with, a revelation. It is something not known before, something new, even a dictionary says something divine..
Now to us who are saved and the so-called Christians that play church we know the bible is standing on revelation, two mighty revelation.. Genesis and the book of revelation.. Have you ever imagined how Moses knew about the creation when he was born thousands of years after it?
It is called revelation! John saw the revelation of things to come, things not known before. That's revelation.. The bible is built on it.. We claim the bible is written out of inspiration,yes! That's true.. Inspiration comes and revelation follows, that's is.. Luke was inspired to write down things he knew about Jesus Christ and he sat down to pray and holy spirit brought the revelation.
Now, to the topic that Jesus Christ is a revelation means Jesus can only be revealed to those that don't know him before, no wonder he said, he came for the lost..
The shocking fact is that most so called Christians in the church don't have the revelation of Jesus Christ. They just know that he is the saviour, that's all..
O brethren, it is far more than that, you can become born again by believing he is the saviour but you can't grow without having the revelation of who Jesus is!
Let's turn to the bible by considering John the Baptist first..
John the Baptist knew who Christ is, though he later failed and he was eternally punished(we will talk about this another day), he knew Jesus..

John1:29
The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!

See? He knew Jesus! How? Through revelation..

John1:32,34

32. And John bore witness, saying, “I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and He remained upon Him.

34. AND I HAVE SEEN AND TESTIFIED THAT THIS IS THE SON OF GOD .”

Now Think!
Was John the only one around there? Commentary makes us to know, in a day John baptised hundred of people if not thousands but only him saw the revelation of who Jesus is, no wonder the people deny him.. If God revealed to them that day like he reveal to John they wouldn't have crucified Jesus.

Another example is when Jesus was asking the disciples, who he is, they were talking from how they know him, how he do miracles e. t.c
They called him prophet, Elijah and so on, but Peter said you are the Son of God, what did Jesus said?

Matthew 16:17
Jesus said to him,“Simon, son of Jonah, you are happy because you did not learn this from man. MY FATHER IN HEAVEN HAS SHOWN YOU THIS .

what's that?
Revelation..
So there brethren, so many of this are illustrated in the bible but with this two up there, you should now know that Jesus is a revelation, only those that he revealed himself too, will be saved. GOD has given me the GRACE to evangelise his words many times and I encounter some hard on Muslims that says Jesus Christ is a prophet, it always lead to an argument which they enjoy most, but the clear fact is that they have no revelation of who Jesus Christ is, the message is foolishness to those perishing, to us it is life.. Then why are we that we know the light refuse to walk in it.. You as a Christian is nothing but a bad example to others,, you refuse to be a difference.. You refuse the revelation of Jesus Christ.. Many church goers today and still sins is rising with a geometric rate.. Many Christian leaders rubbing dirt on the name of Jesus Christ with divorce issues, terrorism and the worst of it politics as if it is there father that own it, it makes me wonder if they are Christians in the first instance.. Without the revelation of Jesus your spiritual life will be epileptic cause there will be no guidance, no enlightenment.. Christ will only be revealed to a righteous heart, a heart that knows no sin, that really knows God and has passion to know him more, putting him first in all things we do.. Youths need it mostly, you need it.. Without it you will be doomed forever in the utter darkness, why not think and come to him today, he is ready to accept you no matter the weight and Tumor of your sin just run under the blood.. Am here to preach salvation, and the second coming of Jesus Christ,, so if you need this life saving revelation, if you want to trace your way back to that old rugged cross common says this with a solemn mind and believing he is ready to accept you..

FATHER, I THANK YOU FOR THIS DAY, I HAVE SINNED, I HAVE COME SHORT OF YOUR GLORY AND I KNOW THAT, COME IN TO MY LIFE AND SAVE ME TODAY, REVEAL YOURSELF TO ME TONIGHT THAT I MIGHT SERVE YOU AND REIGN WITH YOU, THANK YOU JESUS CHRIST FOR SAVING ME, IN JESUS NAME I PRAY.
AMEN

congratulations, you are saved, i will like to follow you up and pray more with you, just send a private message..
Jesus Christ loves you..
Shalom
Maranatha.

(1) (Reply)

The Real Essence Of Prayer. / Catholic Women Name First Lady Dame Patience “mother Theresa Of Today / Hittite Families

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.