Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,080 members, 7,899,848 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 09:19 PM

Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? (25632 Views)

How To Eat Meat In Public? / Good Friday: Did You Eat Meat ? / Please Help Me, I Can't Eat Meat Anymore. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by Nobody: 4:02am On Oct 03, 2014
Ok
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by debosola(f): 4:03am On Oct 03, 2014
LMAyedun: Gbam!! More like a motivation. grin

Exactly cheesy
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by flyca: 4:06am On Oct 03, 2014
My meat hardly makes it to the end of the meal tongue

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by talkrough: 4:06am On Oct 03, 2014
The meat\meats serves as encouragement to carry on. Absence of meat on food discourages. We all know the food will look like, mehn no, no, ,no matter how hungry you are.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by Atmmachine(m): 4:07am On Oct 03, 2014
If you have 4 pieces of meat in your meal would you eat the 4 meats at the end of the meal ??
The answer is #No.
If you have money your Nigerian mentality will change, so,ask God for money

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by patriki(m): 4:07am On Oct 03, 2014
Try am for my mama front...eat meat when food never finish...na knock you go receive for your head.. embarassed....that mentality no just gree leave me...except some rare cases

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by Atmmachine(m): 4:11am On Oct 03, 2014
eddyland: Well, I have noticed that we Nigerians like eating the meat(s) in our food at the end of the meal. And I have also seen many instances even when there are multiple pieces of meat in the soup, they will eat everything first before finally taking on the meat.

I don't really know why it is so, or has it just turned to our culture? Why do you think that Nigerians like eating meat last in their plate of food?

Man of God.
Anyone that eats his/her meat after the meal can steal people's fowl grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by Psalmpy(m): 4:20am On Oct 03, 2014
still dont know why i do that tho. Perhaps becos i dont like when i notice that the food which i'm eating doesnt contain meat.
But my dad will finish his meat before d 4th blow of eba. Maybe d meat dey always threating am
so he prefers to deal wit it b4 even eating
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by MadCow1: 4:21am On Oct 03, 2014
SirHouloo: Coz the best is always reserved for the last!

[b]That's it..

The meat is the prize awaiting you at the end of the rather boring meal. This started as kids cos we hated to eat food especially garri and soup. Plus I think I remember mums telling us to eat the meat last.. Though now I think of it again, I believe she said that because what normally happened was that we would eat the meat and abandon the food. So the meat was an incentive for us to eat.. grin #OldSchoolParentingSkills. .

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by Nobody: 4:22am On Oct 03, 2014
LOL! This thread got me cracking me up. So guilty of this.. grin and it happened recently, just yesterday.

I was eating with my roommate yesterday who is also a Nigerian, he was watching me. I finished the rice and concentrated on the turkey. My nigga was like "WTF! So, you carry this Nigerian culture here? Why you nor throway am for Atlantic Ocean?" grin

We just bust laugh and I told him, I didn't even notice I was eating the meat later. embarassed
That's how I was brought up tho.. embarassed

Shout out to African Parents, y'all are the best. You are too popos. kiss kiss

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by jeffizy(m): 4:27am On Oct 03, 2014
While I cannot speak for others, I will state my own reason.

It is based on a rather embarrassing experience.

Back then in campus, I was at the school cafeteria, settled down with my food, but the meat was really calling me. grin.
I obliged it, swallowing the two pieces of meat before I started eating.

A minute after, I noticed some hot chicks giggling beside my table. I didn't have to wonder why, cos next day, the campus gossip magazine had me in it.
" campus big boy eats without meat".

Shame no free me chop meat until I finish eating ever again. cry

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by philmimi1992(m): 4:36am On Oct 03, 2014
bcs meat is meat, meal is meal
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by iluvpomo(m): 4:39am On Oct 03, 2014
Because they eat the pomo first wink
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by lekjons(m): 4:45am On Oct 03, 2014
hw d Bleep does dis managed 2 get 2 'fp'?!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by bongolistik(m): 4:49am On Oct 03, 2014
lekjons: hw d Bleep does dis managed 2 get 2 'fp'?!
nd hw did u manage 2 be here by dis hour?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by canalily(m): 4:52am On Oct 03, 2014
....that is the summary of your eating if you have only one piece....
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by sambos994(m): 4:52am On Oct 03, 2014
Save the best for last.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by you2much4me: 4:57am On Oct 03, 2014
once I eat the meat, no matter how sweet the food b, I will loose appetite.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by emmy02(m): 4:59am On Oct 03, 2014
Atmmachine: Your question should be "Why do poor Nigerian eat meat after eating their meal

Seriously... It's only in a poor Nigerians food u wld see one or two meat, so dey adore d meat n save it for the last. In rich Nigerians food, they r so many meat they just hv to start from the meat or else dere will b no space to even fetch the food..

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by chiomaslimlynda: 5:00am On Oct 03, 2014
;DCos if u eat it first,u get full
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by chiomaslimlynda: 5:05am On Oct 03, 2014
Once u eat d meat,u get full n u wontb able 2 eat d food
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by jimohibrahim(m): 5:06am On Oct 03, 2014
For me I called the meat an appetizer cos I easily lost appetite for meal without meet or fish..but if I have more than one meat on the food then I always eat on DURING and the other AFTER the meal...just not to lost appetite for the food..
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by ibrokola(m): 5:10am On Oct 03, 2014
I eat my meat last because that's how I was brought up, furthermore I realized meat kinda fills up my tummy so its better to eat it last!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by scify(m): 5:22am On Oct 03, 2014
Yungwizzzy:

Guy?

what's your business when I eat my meat??

must you open thread?

must u spit out?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by scify(m): 5:23am On Oct 03, 2014
ibrokola: I eat my meat last because that's how I was brought up, furthermore I realized meat kinda fills up my tummy so its better to eat it last!

that fit b lie sha!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by miqos02(m): 5:25am On Oct 03, 2014
i eat meat during and after the meal

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by scify(m): 5:28am On Oct 03, 2014
probably the meat gives appetite to the person... They tend to eat more wen sighting duh meat....

Buh me dae finish meat before food finish o...:p :p :p
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by englishmart(m): 5:32am On Oct 03, 2014
Yes of course.. but I don't do that. I have enough reasons not to. Coz in the food, there's always too many meats
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by Nobody: 5:48am On Oct 03, 2014
for me the meat is the motivation. no meat no food...once I eat the meat believe me dats d end of d meal..I remember those days my elder brother keep starving me always taking my meat. I still 've not forgotten....

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by YoungDaNaval(m): 5:48am On Oct 03, 2014
Coz Itz A Must jor. Can't Eat Any Solid Food Witout Meat ooh!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by herald9: 5:50am On Oct 03, 2014
you keep the best for the last
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by lonelydora: 5:56am On Oct 03, 2014
I think it has to do with growing up.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Best Suya Spots In Lagos- The Vanguard Newspaper / Question Of The Day: Is Sugarcane A Fruit Or Vegetable? / Naira To Sell At N415/$ As CBN Sustains Intervention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.