Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,360 members, 7,881,320 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 04:35 PM

Shekau Re-surface Again Claim Invisible - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shekau Re-surface Again Claim Invisible (583 Views)

Boko Haram Leader Shekau Dismisses Nigerian Military Claims / Camouflage Fabric That Can Make Soldiers Invisible / Boko-Haram Leader Abubakar Shekau Killed By JTF In Borno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shekau Re-surface Again Claim Invisible by Kayman4life(m): 2:06pm On Oct 02, 2014
Kano – Boko Haram leader Abubakar Shekau
dismissed Nigerian military claims of his death in a
new video obtained by AFP on Thursday and said
the militants had implemented strict Islamic law in
captured towns. “Here I am, alive. I will only die the day Allah takes
my breath,” Shekau said, adding that his group was
“running our… Islamic caliphate” and administering
strict sharia punishments. Nigeria’s military said last week that Shekau was
dead and that a man who had been posing as the
group’s leader in the videos had been killed after
fighting with troops in the far northeast. Security analysts and the United States questioned
the credibility of the military’s claim. The new 36-minute video showed Shekau, in
combat fatigues and black rubber boots, standing
on the back of a pick-up truck and firing an anti-
aircraft gun into the air. Standing in front of three camouflaged vans and
flanked by four heavily armed, masked fighters, he
then speaks for 16 minutes in Arabic and the Hausa
language widely spoken in northern Nigeria. There was no indication of where or when the
video was shot. The heavily bearded Shekau, who appeared to be
the same as those in previous clips, said the
military’s claim that he was dead was propaganda. “Nothing will kill me until my days are over… I’m
still alive. Some people asked you if Shekau has two
souls. No, I have one soul, by Allah,” he said,
apparently reading from a script. “It is propaganda that is prevalent. I have one soul.
I’m an Islamic student. “I’m the Islamic student whose seminary you
burnt… I’m not dead,” he added, apparently
referring to the destruction of the group’s mosque
in the Borno state capital, Maiduguri, in 2009. There have been two previous claims by Nigeria’s
security forces that Shekau was dead — once in
2009 during unrest in Maiduguri — and again in
2013. Following each previous claim Boko Haram has
issued denials in video messages. Elsewhere in the new video, the militant leader said
the group had implemented strict Islamic law in the
towns that it had captured in recent weeks. “We are running our caliphate, our Islamic
caliphate. We follow the Koran… We now practise
the injunctions of the Koran in the land of Allah,” he
said. The group also claimed to have shot down a
Nigerian air force jet that went missing nearly three
weeks ago. An air force spokesman said the jet was missing. “For any group to claim they shot it down is mere
propaganda and rubbish,” Air Commodore Dele
Alonge told AFP.

www.vanguardngr.com/2014/10/boko-haram-leader-dismisses-claims-death-new-video/
Re: Shekau Re-surface Again Claim Invisible by Nobody: 2:10pm On Oct 02, 2014
Re: Shekau Re-surface Again Claim Invisible by specialguest(f): 2:17pm On Oct 02, 2014
I don't know what to believe anymore shocked
Re: Shekau Re-surface Again Claim Invisible by kelvine(m): 2:36pm On Oct 02, 2014
Question is,who is decieving who,our political leaders,our military,Cameroonian military,our media houses,Australian negotiator,the OP or you reading this post ?
The media is filled with "news and counter-news" we don't know who or what is true anymore. Lord have mercy.

(1) (Reply)

A Tribute To A National Hero - Wing Cmdr Hedima - Cramjones / President Goodluck Jonathan Listed 6th Richest President In Africa / Complimetary Post Graduate Course For Political Science Major

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.