Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,872 members, 7,980,040 topics. Date: Sunday, 20 October 2024 at 12:57 AM

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. - Politics (138) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. (1257463 Views)

Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour / Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? / Anambra State Light Of The Nation. Economic And Political Powerhouse Of Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (524) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 11:23am On Dec 30, 2014
Anyi ejebe Amichi to see Chisco...................on a well paved and marked roads. cool cool

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 11:30am On Dec 30, 2014
Anyi ejebe Achina........ka anyi je fu ndi oma... cool cool

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by tabletman1: 11:42am On Dec 30, 2014
Abagworo:

You are simply deluded. Orji recently appointed an Anambrarian as Abia chief judge. The only Igbo State where everyone can aspire to be anything is Abia. The rest are more localised especially Anambra. Why is it that criticism is viewed by you as hate but yet most of the pictures of bad roads in Aba originates from Anambrians living there. If I post pictures of bad roads that dots all over Onitsha, Chino will view it as a fight whereas if Arthur Eze posts pictures of bad roads in Aba , Abians will view it as criticism and air their view without hate.

The sooner you stop thinking from a deluded point of view the better for you.
I want to see the link of where arthur eze upload the pix of aba.

Thank you.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by 3dankey(m): 11:43am On Dec 30, 2014
HappyJoe:
Please can we stop these petty insults and focus on the subject of this thread.

The people who promoted the "Wawa/Ijekebe" dichotomy are either very old or dead. There were ugly incidents in the past like Enugu State's dismissal of Anambra people from its Civil Service, but that is past - Enugu needs Anambra and vice versa.

The selling point of Enugu is the town Enugu - spacious, wide & very livable. People with "civil service/politics" mentality (who know nothing about trade and investment) - tried to exclude Ndi Anambra from Enugu. In a more internally generated revenue driven Nigeria, this attitude cannot work. Governor Chime was instrumental to attracting the likes of Innoson and other Anambra businessmen to Emene to set up shop.

The selling point of Anambra is commerce - but we don't have a planned urban area (like Enugu). Everyone (people from Ebonyi, Enugu, Abia & Imo) come to Anambra to make money. At the rate Obiano is going, we might have several planned urban areas in Anambra within 4 years. This might chip away at Enugu's advantage (which Asaba is already competing with).

I traveled through Anambra, Enugu, Ebonyi, Abia and Imo States last October (I even have a lot of pictures). Enugu & Ebonyi have the natural advantage of vast tracts of arable land (there is too much land in Abakaliki). Abia and Imo have massive potential in Oil Palm and the Adani/Omor/Anambra river basin area can give you 300,000 metric tonnes of rice per annum, if we are serious.

Ndigbo should start looking at ways to collaborate, not this silly competition ("the narcissism of small differences"wink. We are strategically positioned and we should look beyond collaborating with each other, but consider collaboration with our neighbours: Abakaliki is a couple of hours away from Calabar. Dredging the Calabar channel is in our interest - it has the potential to make Abakaliki & Enugu boom economically (adding Enugu's International Airport to that mix).

Kogi has vast tracts of land and due to Peter Obi's marvelous work on road construction, people are now passing through Igbariam/Aguleri/Ifite Ogwari etc to get to Nsukka & then to Idah. There's a lot to leverage on that relationship.

Benue is right next to Enugu State (Nsukka) - we can leverage on that too & Ndigbo have no major issues with Idoma people.

Instead of blind arguments over nothing ("narcissism of small differences"wink, consider this: Enugu is closer to Benin than Lagos, Enugu is closer to Makuri than Lagos too - ditto for Taraba. Enugu International Airport can turn into a major aviation hub for Nigeria if we are ready to fight for its patronage, not kill ourselves over "Ndi Wawa and Ndi Ijekebe".

Could we please return to the topic of this thread?

Enough of the fight, pls let us focus on the thread. ^^^ is a great post that we need to listen to.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 11:46am On Dec 30, 2014
Anyi ejebe Agulu ka anyi ga fu Agulu lake resort..................... cool

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 11:52am On Dec 30, 2014
Ayaogu have been in the senate as a destitute but the day he became a hero to you all was the day he countered Andy Uba's submission in the floor.

Why didnt Eze make submission so that Enugwu will be included in the NDDC instead of waiting for Uba to make move and kill it?

Enugwu is disputing oil but no single work have been awarded by the government, but Anambra have done that by awarding road project and get an investor.

If Enugwu is really sincere about the oil why not put your mouth where is money is instead of being an ogbaka ari enu.

Why is Enugwu not investing there, why didnt Eze promote his own and chanpion his own cause instead of killing someone's dream if not because of bad belle?

passion007:

The Igbo person is generally law-abiding. If a case is before the Boundaries' Commission and awaiting jurisdiction, we don't attempt to pre-empt the court decisions. In that light, I don't see anything Ayogu Eze said that should have rankled anybody. Andy Uba was being mischievous sponsoring a heavily contentious bill. We are grateful the house put that bill aside, or Andy would have succeeded in erupting fresh violence over the Anambra borderland.

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by funkiebully: 11:54am On Dec 30, 2014
Ndi ife oma na aso nso erika.

Ndi na enye nsi, zelunu fa.

Ndi ochi eze, iwe obi, chineke zoputa anyi na aka fa.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Unemadu: 12:06pm On Dec 30, 2014
vanbonattel:

better,
not the usual chest beating supremacists masqueading as posters here

I tire for them
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Unemadu: 12:09pm On Dec 30, 2014
BuddahMonk:
Ayaogu have been in the senate as a destitute but the day he became a hero to you all was the day he countered Andy Uba's submission in the floor.

Why didnt Eze make submission so that Enugwu will be included in the NDDC instead of waiting for Uba to make move and kill it?

Enugwu is disputing oil but no single work have been awarded by the government, but Anambra have done that by awarding road project and get an investor.

If Enugwu is really sincere about the oil why not put your mouth where is money is instead of being an ogbaka ari enu.

Why is Enugwu not investing there, why didnt Eze promote his own and chanpion his own cause instead of killing someone's dream if not because of bad belle?

Wait for the boundry commissions judgment.
The oil wells might even fall into Enugu territory

Don't get ahead of yourself tongue
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 12:15pm On Dec 30, 2014
Unemadu:

Wait for the boundry commissions judgment.
The oil wells might even fall into Enugu territory

Don't get ahead of yourself tongue

God forbid.
a man cannot reap where he doesn't so, its not possible.

enugu,kogi, I pray in Jesus name that YOU will never reap what the people of Anambra has sown. AMEN.

GOD HELP US.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 12:19pm On Dec 30, 2014
NOBLEDANDY:

God forbid.
enugu,kogi,imo I pray in Jesus name that YOU will never reap what the people of Anambra has sown. AMEN.
GOD HELP US.
why include Imo in this talk?

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by HappyJoe: 12:26pm On Dec 30, 2014
For those who are interested, Obiano is planning the following:

1. Light rail system (worth $600 million - will be funded via PPP). The plan is to link Onitsha, Awka & Nnewi by rail. Onitsha & Awka can be easily linked using the median of the Enugu/Onitsha expressway. The links to Nnewi will be a bit tricky (land access issues).

2. A $150 million dollar investment in an 80MW power plant. (PPP too).

3. A $130 million dollar Cargo Airport at Umueri.

4. $60 million dollar ultra-modern bus terminal and mass transit.

Target for commencement is 6 months.

Please stop the childish taunts, let's focus on substance on this thread.

10 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 12:54pm On Dec 30, 2014
asha80:
why include Imo in this talk?

I didn't just put it without a reason. You should know that. besides I don't want to derail this wonderful thread may b some other occasion. Thank you
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:58pm On Dec 30, 2014
Finally,fuunkiebully comments.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Myluv1: 1:07pm On Dec 30, 2014
DuduNegro:
If APGA win this election a big inferno awaits Anambra. See you in 14days... cool
investnow2013:
There will not be any inferno in Anambra-State or To His People like during Ngige & His heartless godfathers, But There will be A Great Change for Good for Anambra-State & His People!!! There will be more Industries! Airport!,More Durised Roads!, More Foreign & Local investments!, More G ood Universities!,Seaport in Onitsha!, Improved Security!, Good Housing Developments! Increased Revenue for The State etc. Mark this words! God have Blessed Anambra-State!

I did cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OreMI22: 1:18pm On Dec 30, 2014
Malawian:

are you a female?

Yes Sir.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OreMI22: 1:19pm On Dec 30, 2014
FreeGlobe:

lol, nne I wonder when $475 million dollars exchanges for just about N8 billion naira?

Sorry for the poor math skill. grin
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 1:24pm On Dec 30, 2014
Myluv1:

I did cheesy

Onu nmadu bu onu Olisa.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 1:25pm On Dec 30, 2014
There is Anambra thread on the front page.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by funkiebully: 1:29pm On Dec 30, 2014
OdenigboAroli:
Finally,fuunkiebully comments.

grin nwanne anyi ncha ama abucha ndi ala, amam ife m ji gba nkiti, ka fa ghara imebi thread a.

Ya diba, onye si na odimma igbo na asa ya afo, ya buru ngwere uzo lakpuo.

Oburu na thread a bu nke igbo vs ofe, akam agwo ufodu ndi iba, ma ya diba.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by 3dankey(m): 1:37pm On Dec 30, 2014
HappyJoe:
For those who are interested, Obiano is planning the following:

1. Light rail system (worth $600 million - will be funded via PPP). The plan is to link Onitsha, Awka & Nnewi by rail. Onitsha & Awka can be easily linked using the median of the Enugu/Onitsha expressway. The links to Nnewi will be a bit tricky (land access issues).

2. A $150 million dollar investment in an 80MW power plant. (PPP too).

3. A $130 million dollar Cargo Airport at Umueri.

4. $60 million dollar ultra-modern bus terminal and mass transit.

Target for commencement is 6 months.

Please stop the childish taunts, let's focus on substance on this thread.

Please can you throw more light on the following ^^, especially number 1 and 4,cos I have only heard about 2 & 3.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 1:38pm On Dec 30, 2014
funkiebully:

grin nwanne anyi ncha ama abucha ndi ala, amam ife m ji gba nkiti, ka fa ghara imebi thread a.

Ya diba, onye si na odimma igbo na asa ya afo, ya buru ngwere uzo lakpuo.

Oburu na thread a bu nke igbo vs ofe, akam agwo ufodu ndi iba, ma ya diba.

Nwanne,ife ikwuu bu eziokwu; mgbe ufodu igba nkiti ka ekwulekwu mma. Mana itinye anya na ani ofuma ifu na onwee umunne ayi ndi Igbo threadia na agba ose na anya. Ndia asigo na nmadu ama anulufa mmili towo iko. Ima na ndi bayi sii na agbalu uzo owelle mgba na ora echi. Oo nwa na erube isi ka ana emegbu emegbu,nya bu na asokata eze anya ewelu bottle piawaa ya isi!

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by HappyJoe: 1:40pm On Dec 30, 2014
3dankey:

Please can you throw more light on the following ^^, especially number 1 and 4,cos I have only heard about 2 & 3.

Number 2 & 3 comes from the Anambra State Investment Promotion & Protection Agency (I don't think it is widely publicized information). It is part of the $1.9 billion dollar investment Obiano hopes to attract to Anambra State.

I can give more details when I get to Awka early next year, by God's grace.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Unemadu: 1:42pm On Dec 30, 2014
NOBLEDANDY:

God forbid.

enugu,kogi,imo I pray in Jesus name that YOU will never reap what the people of Anambra has sown. AMEN.

GOD HELP US.

Er Imo isn't part of this.

Did u sow oil there?
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 1:43pm On Dec 30, 2014
OdenigboAroli:
There is Anambra thread on the front page.
and so??
anything new about it?
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 1:44pm On Dec 30, 2014
Unemadu:

Er Imo isn't part of this.

Did u sow oil there?

edited. Yes God blessed us with it
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by funkiebully: 1:45pm On Dec 30, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

Nwanne,ife ikwuu bu eziokwu; mgbe ufodu igba nkiti ka ekwulekwu mma. Mana itinye anya na ani ofuma ifu na onwee umunne ayi ndi Igbo threadia na agba ose na anya. Ndia asigo na nmadu ama anulufa mmili towo iko. Ima na ndi bayi sii na agbalu uzo owelle mgba na ora echi. Oo nwa na erube isi ka ana emegbu emegbu,nya bu na asokata eze anya ewelu bottle piawaa ya isi!

GBAM! O fa bu ndi ife oma na aso nso, ndi ufu obi m na ekwu maka ya.

Buddahmonk na chino ji ezigbo okwu, ndi anyi na fa churu nta sizi na aka anyi di ka nke enwe, ndi ufu obi, ndi na enye nsi, mana anyi ncha ama etinye aka mebie thread anyi, o kwa ife fa cho, ka ana ejegodi, aka onye cho ka aga enye ya.

Asokata eze anya, ekpudo nkata na Iru, welu okwu meluo eze aru.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Malawian(m): 1:49pm On Dec 30, 2014
OreMI22:

Yes Sir.

i believe we know each other. dont we? you have a music thing going, right?
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Myluv1: 1:56pm On Dec 30, 2014
3dankey:

I think he meant this:

I really care to know the latest about that MoU signed around 2010

https://www.nairaland.com/913396/onitsha-city-monorail-globim-international
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OreMI22: 2:04pm On Dec 30, 2014
Buddah Monk,
Ezigbo nwannem, wetue obi. Biko, iwe gi dajuo o.
Your stories touch the heart and i know you have endured some agony just recalling them.
But, life isn't fair. There are bad people everywhere. Those bad people will always create evil and problems. My husband and I have endured many challenges simply because we were from different states. I had initially dreaded going to Oraifite because of a particular man's hatred for Ndi Abia in his family. The man completely believed i had charmed their son and will get rid of me and my "charm" in due course. Now, in the midst of everything, many sisters and other good people in the family rose up and fought for me. Their logic was simple, "If they do this to any of us in our husbands place, will you like it?" Remember that our Father Dim Odimegwu Ojukwu married and lived happily with an Udi woman. The more you understand life, the more you will see that God designed these things to teach us that we are one.

There are evil people in this world that sow bitterness,hatred and just pure evil. To label this people by the tag of their state or hometown is to make the mistake of your life. In due course, you will find that you have labelled every town, state or country as evil, because evil people truly come from everywhere. In America, many black Americans will be quick to seek your support as a fellow "black person" to fight and malign white people. Meanwhile as soon as the attack on the white person is over, they immediately realize you are no longer "black" but an "African or immigrant" and the attack turns to you. I have since learnt that evil people are white,black,African, Japanese etc, so i treat people based on the content of their character and not where they come from.

The past is the past and we cannot change it. The future is what we have a chance of changing if we learn from our past. If you focus on sins of the past, you will also ruin the future and future generations will blame your unforgiving spirit for their condition.Mandela understood this power of the past to ruin the future unless you forsake the past and embrace a new future. The only way Igboland will survive the hatred and evil plans being hatched around Nigeria for her is to unite. By unity i mean both political, economic and spiritual. I have been a great apostle of economic cooperation amongst SE states.
I know that is the only way that we can survive and soar. A house divided against itself simply cannot stand.

7 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Ilovenigeria(f): 2:07pm On Dec 30, 2014
I just don't like the location of that Nnewi mall.
Its not yet completed and we already have a heavy traffic there, imagine what will happen if .......
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by HappyJoe: 2:10pm On Dec 30, 2014
Myluv1:

I think he meant this:

I really care to know the latest about that MoU signed around 2010

No, it is not going to be a monorail, the person I talked to was clear about that.

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (524) (Reply)

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.