Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,772 members, 7,889,480 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 01:24 PM

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. - Politics (331) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. (1241836 Views)

Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour / Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? / Anambra State Light Of The Nation. Economic And Political Powerhouse Of Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) ... (524) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by chinology: 4:36pm On Jul 24, 2015
Foolish old dirty ugly poverty inflicted animal get lost from here. You are not wanted with your silly contribution. Ezi ofia

[s]
abagoro:

Silly idioit. I am Igbo and more Igbo than you. Tell me where I have instigated without provocation. Nobody has shown commitment on Igbo course like me amongst all of you. The simple thing is that I condemned Jonathan's 6 years of waste and Peter Obi's anti-Igbo stance. Jonathan is not Igbo nor did he do anything special for Igbos and does not deserve the hatred being poured on your fellow Igbo for his sake.
[/s]
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by chinology: 4:45pm On Jul 24, 2015
CJ, you are getting it all wrong here. Abagoro's weak point is the Imo thread and I will keep attacking that thread until such a time he is completely tamed. I will not fall for the trick that he is not from Imo state because I know the real truth about him.

cjrane:

Even though we know Abagworo is half Hausa-half Ikwerre, that bitterly hate the Igbos, your activities in the IMO thread in the name of attacking Abagworo has been the most regrettable strategy of yours. In my view Abagworo neither cares for IMO nor Anambra. He only uses the IMO thread to bait you and instigate Igbo vs. Igbo antagonism. Why it is so hard for you to see through his pretenses blows my mind.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by AnamCity: 5:01pm On Jul 24, 2015
More from the Coscharis rice farm. I can see something like irrigation at the far end.

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by AnamCity: 5:04pm On Jul 24, 2015
Coscharis is moving in brand new equipments into the farm estate. Thousands of quality jobs are created for our people

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by 4dankey: 5:26pm On Jul 24, 2015
Animosity:
Costumes is moving in brand new equipments into the farm estate. Thousands of quality jobs are created for our people

It is a known fact that in south east nigeria we lack food processing industries compared to other regions. Am always angry when ever I check the back of packaged foods, biscuits, milk and other consumables, only to see made in Aghast or logos.
Please (I don't want this to make people from other regions angry. It is just that I love my people very well).
It is also a known fact that we are good in manufacturing clothes,shoes,engine oil of different grades,cars and other non-consumable items. My people it is time we fully embrace agriculture (not because I studied Agric Engineering,but because we should not repeat the same mistake twice).
I repeat, no nation or region can stand if they do not feed themselves. All those that are close to our rich men and also government officials should inform them that we need more farms, more multinational companies producing foods.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by AnambraDota: 6:35pm On Jul 24, 2015
4dankey:

It is a known fact that in south east nigeria we lack food processing industries compared to other regions. Am always angry when ever I check the back of packaged foods, biscuits, milk and other consumables, only to see made in Aghast or logos.
Please (I don't want this to make people from other regions angry. It is just that I love my people very well).
It is also a known fact that we are good in manufacturing clothes,shoes,engine oil of different grades,cars and other non-consumable items. My people it is time we fully embrace agriculture (not because I studied Agric Engineering,but because we should not repeat the same mistake twice).
I repeat, no nation or region can stand if they do not feed themselves. All those that are close to our rich men and also government officials should inform them that we need more farms, more multinational companies producing foods.

Nwoke where have you been.

We need to invest in food processing big timeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Do you know that the manufacturer of Beloxxi Biscuit in Ogun State is an Igboman.

Companies like Niger Delta Flour Mill beside Ogbunike toll gate is now covered by trees, weeds, snakes, lions and Elephants have taken over the area. I remember seeing works going on there in 2004 when I was going to ESUT.

Brifina is no longer working, its at Habour Industrial Estate opposite Orange Drugs.

The only food processing now are Noodles in Nnewi and Nkpor.

We need to invest in biscuit, flourmills, fish processing, palm oil, cassava processing and etc.

Let me list companies that closed shop in onitsha I know that was employing close to 10000 workers.

GCM.

Iju Industries.

Brifina.

GMO.

GUO.

Air Liquid.

Harbour Industries.

The most painful is GCM Onitsha, I wept when I discovered the site was sold for SABMiller to berth.
As a kid I know how their staff buses used to come to the bus stops blowing horn to pick their staffers, even Premier Brewery back then used to have great workforce, their staff bus was beautiful.

Chaiii My Onitsha must bounce back I swear.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by 4dankey: 8:59pm On Jul 24, 2015
AnambraDota:

Nwoke where have you been.

We need to invest in food processing big timeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Do you know that the manufacturer of Beloxxi Biscuit in Ogun State is an Igboman.

Companies like Niger Delta Flour Mill beside Ogbunike toll gate is now covered by trees, weeds, snakes, lions and Elephants have taken over the area. I remember seeing works going on there in 2004 when I was going to ESUT.

Brifina is no longer working, its at Habour Industrial Estate opposite Orange Drugs.

The only food processing now are Noodles in Nnewi and Nkpor.

We need to invest in biscuit, flourmills, fish processing, palm oil, cassava processing and etc.

Let me list companies that closed shop in onitsha I know that was employing close to 10000 workers.

GCM.

Iju Industries.

Brifina.

GMO.

GUO.

Air Liquid.

Harbour Industries.

The most painful is GCM Onitsha, I wept when I discovered the site was sold for SABMiller to berth.
As a kid I know how their staff buses used to come to the bus stops blowing horn to pick their staffers, even Premier Brewery back then used to have great workforce, their staff bus was beautiful.

Chaiii My Onitsha must bounce back I swear.

My brother I am fine and hope ur doing great to. Have being around though viewing the thread. Was not happy to see how chino chased away Achi4u.

Beloxxi biscuit is one of the best sold biscuits in the market around last year and early this year. To my surprise I was watching NTA one certain day and saw the MD/Chairman speaking, only for me to discover that his name is EZE. Nwokem, we really need to stop and think about ourselves. Why on earth will this man leave south east nigeria only to establish his factory in Agbarra & also his head office in lagos.

Am happy about our level of growth in non-consumable items(eg cars,motorcycle,motor part,shoes etc),but we need to produce what we consume. We need to start producing biscuits,rice,yam,beans,tomatoes,milk etc.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by abagoro(m): 8:28am On Jul 25, 2015
chinology:
CJ, you are getting it all wrong here. Abagoro's weak point is the Imo thread and I will keep attacking that thread until such a time he is completely tamed. I will not fall for the trick that he is not from Imo state because I know the real truth about him.

I ain't gay Chino. Stop sleeping and thinking about me.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by abagoro(m): 8:30am On Jul 25, 2015
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/20-missing-100-buildings-vehicles-destroyed-as-flood-wreaks-havoc-in-anambra-community/

No fewer than 20 people have been declared missing
while more than 100 buildings and vehicles were
destroyed yesterday by flood which ravaged Oduke,
Ibollo and Owelleaja layouts in Obosi, near Onitsha,
Anambra State.
Oduke and Ibollo residents have been suffering the
devastating effect of severe flooding which they say
was caused by the wrong channelling of drainage by
a construction company that rehabilitated Ezeiweka
road, Awada Obosi in the past leading to a surge of
heavy floods into their area.
On Thursday evening, torrential rainfall that lasted for
about two hours left the entire area flooded leading to
several damages even as parents have been
searching frantically for their missing children swept
away in the flood.
When Saturday Sun visited the area yesterday, women
and children wept profusely while men engaged in
rescue operations. Some nursing mothers, whose little
babies were later rescued from the flood, were also
seen clutching the babies after receiving medical
attention from the hospital.
Angry residents of Oduke layout had earlier blocked
the busy Ezeiweka Obosi road that connects travellers
to the Onitsha- Owerri highway chanting war songs
while vehicular movements were stalled for several
hours.
The protesters said they voted massively for Chief
Willie Obiano during the last governorship election
that made him governor and called on him to visit
their area for an on-the-spot assessment of their
problems with a view to addressing them urgently be­
fore they all perish.
Among the properties damaged in the flood included
two four-storey buildings still under construction at
Owelle Aja while several residential buildings, fences,
schools, churches and vehicles at Oduke and Ibollo
were either submerged completely or pulled down by
the rampaging flood.
Addresing reporters after taking them round the
submerged and damaged properties, Chairman of
Oduke Landlords Association, Nicholas Okechukwu
and his Ibollo counterpart, Chimezie Osuchukwu, in
their separate speeches, said that they have been
crying out to the Anambra State government to come
to their aid since 2013 till now but all to no avail.
They lamented that the problem of the area is man-
made disaster and tragedy foretold while they have
spent all within their resources to handle the situation
but help has not come from any outside quarter.
They lamented that that about 10 people have died
from the disaster since the problem started while they
have suffered untold hardship and economic losses
over the incident.
Putting the estimated loss of properties from the
current incident to about N2 billion, they called on the
Anambra State government to declare a state of
emergency in the layout and address the problem
holistically.
Also at the International Electronics Market, Onitsha
about 1500 shops and goods worth over N800m were
also damaged by flood.
According to the president of the market, Mr.
Izuchukwu Okoye, the flood came into the market
when the volume could not be contained by the
drainages along the Onitsha/Asaba expressway.
“Goods damaged were mainly from A and B lines and
we appeal to the state government to come to our
rescue”, Okoye stated.
Contributing, the Secretary of the market, Comrade
Damian Ogudike said: “We pay our taxes and levies to
the state government. The drainages are the problems
and the expectation is that the state government
should work on the drainages to be higher than they
are now”.
“You can see the traders insisting that the money they
paid to the government should be refunded to them
since their problems in the market are not being
solved”, the secretary revealed.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by chinology: 8:33am On Jul 25, 2015
Foolish old man get lost. Am married with kids, go and get married because you will be 43 this year.

[s]
abagoro:

I ain't gay Chino. Stop sleeping and thinking about me.
[/s]
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by chinology: 8:36am On Jul 25, 2015
Your contribution is not needed. I hope you don't want us to move back to the trenches?

[s]
abagoro:
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/20-missing-100-buildings-vehicles-destroyed-as-flood-wreaks-havoc-in-anambra-community/

No fewer than 20 people have been declared missing
while more than 100 buildings and vehicles were
destroyed yesterday by flood which ravaged Oduke,
Ibollo and Owelleaja layouts in Obosi, near Onitsha,
Anambra State.
Oduke and Ibollo residents have been suffering the
devastating effect of severe flooding which they say
was caused by the wrong channelling of drainage by
a construction company that rehabilitated Ezeiweka
road, Awada Obosi in the past leading to a surge of
heavy floods into their area.
On Thursday evening, torrential rainfall that lasted for
about two hours left the entire area flooded leading to
several damages even as parents have been
searching frantically for their missing children swept
away in the flood.
When Saturday Sun visited the area yesterday, women
and children wept profusely while men engaged in
rescue operations. Some nursing mothers, whose little
babies were later rescued from the flood, were also
seen clutching the babies after receiving medical
attention from the hospital.
Angry residents of Oduke layout had earlier blocked
the busy Ezeiweka Obosi road that connects travellers
to the Onitsha- Owerri highway chanting war songs
while vehicular movements were stalled for several
hours.
The protesters said they voted massively for Chief
Willie Obiano during the last governorship election
that made him governor and called on him to visit
their area for an on-the-spot assessment of their
problems with a view to addressing them urgently be­
fore they all perish.
Among the properties damaged in the flood included
two four-storey buildings still under construction at
Owelle Aja while several residential buildings, fences,
schools, churches and vehicles at Oduke and Ibollo
were either submerged completely or pulled down by
the rampaging flood.
Addresing reporters after taking them round the
submerged and damaged properties, Chairman of
Oduke Landlords Association, Nicholas Okechukwu
and his Ibollo counterpart, Chimezie Osuchukwu, in
their separate speeches, said that they have been
crying out to the Anambra State government to come
to their aid since 2013 till now but all to no avail.
They lamented that the problem of the area is man-
made disaster and tragedy foretold while they have
spent all within their resources to handle the situation
but help has not come from any outside quarter.
They lamented that that about 10 people have died
from the disaster since the problem started while they
have suffered untold hardship and economic losses
over the incident.
Putting the estimated loss of properties from the
current incident to about N2 billion, they called on the
Anambra State government to declare a state of
emergency in the layout and address the problem
holistically.
Also at the International Electronics Market, Onitsha
about 1500 shops and goods worth over N800m were
also damaged by flood.
According to the president of the market, Mr.
Izuchukwu Okoye, the flood came into the market
when the volume could not be contained by the
drainages along the Onitsha/Asaba expressway.
“Goods damaged were mainly from A and B lines and
we appeal to the state government to come to our
rescue”, Okoye stated.
Contributing, the Secretary of the market, Comrade
Damian Ogudike said: “We pay our taxes and levies to
the state government. The drainages are the problems
and the expectation is that the state government
should work on the drainages to be higher than they
are now”.
“You can see the traders insisting that the money they
paid to the government should be refunded to them
since their problems in the market are not being
solved”, the secretary revealed.
[/s]
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by abagoro(m): 8:38am On Jul 25, 2015
chinology:
Foolish old man get lost. Am married with kids, go and get married because you will be 43 this year.

[s][/s]

Still characteristics of gay. You know women are more interested in age than men.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by abagoro(m): 8:39am On Jul 25, 2015
chinology:
Your contribution is not needed. I hope you don't want us to move back to the trenches?

[s][/s]

Better go back home and find out if your ugly family and friends were carried away by flood.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by chinology: 8:40am On Jul 25, 2015
Fool you will soon die because of your old age, leave your poor old mother's house and get married. LOL

[s]
abagoro:

Still characteristics of gay. You know women are more interested in age than men.
[/s]
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by chinology: 8:43am On Jul 25, 2015
Foolish ugly poverty inflicted b.astard go to imo thread and see the one I posted. Owerri has been carried away by flood. LOL

As far as am still a member of NL there will be no peace for you.

[s]
abagoro:

Better go back home and find out if your ugly family and friends were carried away by flood.
[/s]
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by abagoro(m): 8:49am On Jul 25, 2015
chinology:
Foolish ugly poverty inflicted b.astard go to imo thread and see the one I posted. Owerri has been carried away by flood. LOL

As far am still a member of NL there will no peace for you.

[s][/s]

Chino this is not a competition please. A disaster happened in Onitsha which calls for concern of all. I know you derive joy when it happens elsewhere but I don't. This particular area has had persistent experience of flooding for many years.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by chinology: 8:50am On Jul 25, 2015
Of course it is not a competition because Owerri has been taken over by flood due to poor drainage system. LOL

[s]
abagoro:

Chino this is not a competition please. A disaster happened in Onitsha which calls for concern of all. I know you derive joy when it happens elsewhere but I don't. This particular area has had persistent experience of flooding for many years.
[/s]
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by 4dankey: 9:15am On Jul 25, 2015
chinology:
Of course it is not a competition because Owerri has been taken over by flood due to poor drainage system. LOL

[s][/s]

Please why do u always behave the way u do. This thread have not benefited any thing from u(u have chased Achi4u away from here & other ppl that want to contribute positively to this thread). Why is it so difficult for u to just ignore any comment that u feel is not ok to u.

It is better that u just stay away from this thread cos both of u (chino & abagoro) may not even be igbo.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by chinology: 9:18am On Jul 25, 2015
Ezi okwu?? N ekwu n ana m anu!

4dankey:

Please why do u always behave the way u do. This thread have not benefited any thing from u(u have chased Achi4u away from here & other ppl that want to contribute positively to this thread). Why is it so difficult for u to just ignore any comment that u feel is not ok to u.

It is better that u just stay away from this thread cos both of u (chino & abagoro) may not even be igbo.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Memejem: 10:03am On Jul 25, 2015
liberty300:
Onitsha is really a wonderful place..very clean and developed. I just wish they had sidewalks..that's all.

Sorry I couldn't take nicer pictures of this place cos I was In a Keke as I took these.

Sorry, but onitsha is not clean at all. You must be joking
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by AnamCity: 10:44am On Jul 25, 2015
Coscharis should also venture into food processing apple farm and processing company. Ayamelum has so much uncultivated rich land.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by AnamCity: 10:45am On Jul 25, 2015
4dankey:

Food processing is a money spinner.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by achi4u(m): 11:38am On Jul 25, 2015
4dankey:

Brother I still come around to read some meaningful post here and if I still have any meaningful thing to say I'll still post it but can't go back in that trenches again.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Cjrane2: 3:36pm On Jul 25, 2015
AnamCity:

Food processing is a money spinner.

It will be great to have agro processing factories processing locally grown food and fruits.
I once saw a bread factory running on only wheat, while wheat was not grown anywhere in Nigeria.One juice factory made juice using apples. Glad that today we even have bread from cassava flour. That is the type of home grown agro factories we need, which uses locally grown foods and fruits.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 4:16pm On Jul 25, 2015
Companies Fighting To Take Advantage of Anambra's Increased Population, Better Business Climate & Finally increased Spending Power===>>> GOtv expands service to Nnewi. Digital terrestrial pay- TV, GOtv has expanded its services to people in Nnewi, Anambra state, complementing the initiative with the introduction of the GOtv Double Double promo. A statement by the company indicated that it had previously covered Awka and Onitsha but that the latest move would avail more Nigerians the opportunity to benefit fromDigital terrestrial pay- TV, GOtv has expanded its services to people in Nnewi, Anambra state, complementing the initiative with the introduction of the GOtv Double Double promo. A statement by the company indicated that it had previously covered Awka and Onitsha but that the latest move would avail more Nigerians the opportunity to benefit from the GOtv Double Double promo. New subscribers in Nnewi and other parts of Nigeria who buy a GOtv T2-approved decoder and outdoor antenna for N4500, and pay one month GOtv Plus subscription within 48 hours of decoder purchase will be rewarded with two months extra viewing. This means that at the expiration of the first subscription to the GOtv Plus bouquet, the subscriber will for another two months have access to 42 of the best international and local channels including; AfricaMagic Family, AIT, M-Net Movies Zone, Telemundo, Zee World, Discovery World, SuperSport Select, Al Jazeera, CNN, MTV Base, Soundcity, Disney Junior, Nickelodeon, JimJam, Islam Channel and Faith. Public Relations Manager GOtv, Ms Efe Obiomah said: television lovers in Nnewi and environs, who take advantage of the GOtv Double Double promo, will live in a world of unforgettable experiences and enjoy a double dose of entertainment. “By paying a one month subscription within 48 hours of decoder purchase, they will enjoy double drama on Africa Magic, double sporting action on Super- Sport, double adventure on the best kiddies’ channels, and double romance from the latest telenovelas and Bollywood series”. GOtv offers two bouquets; GOtv Plus with a 42-channel offering and GOtv Value which gives 28 channels.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 4:42pm On Jul 25, 2015
This is why I am one of those advocating for increase in our population!.Although there are some disadvantages, but with modern economies it is a Win Win solution!.....it is better to have a sizeable population in order to have a BIGGER ECONOMY or MARKET!.Anambra-State/ Alaigbo lost a lot of it's Population to Lagos, Kano,Abuja & other Places. This is one of the reason Lagos is still commanding a bigger share of Nigeria's Businesses!.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Igbonazy: 4:53pm On Jul 25, 2015
investnow2013:
Companies Fighting To Take Advantage of Anambra's Increased Population, Better Business Climate & Finally increased Spending Power===>>> GOtv expands service to Nnewi. Digital terrestrial pay- TV, GOtv has expanded its services to people in Nnewi, Anambra state, complementing the initiative with the introduction of the GOtv Double Double promo. A statement by the company indicated that it had previously covered Awka and Onitsha but that the latest move would avail more Nigerians the opportunity to benefit fromDigital terrestrial pay- TV, GOtv has expanded its services to people in Nnewi, Anambra state, complementing the initiative with the introduction of the GOtv Double Double promo. A statement by the company indicated that it had previously covered Awka and Onitsha but that the latest move would avail more Nigerians the opportunity to benefit from the GOtv Double Double promo. New subscribers in Nnewi and other parts of Nigeria who buy a GOtv T2-approved decoder and outdoor antenna for N4500, and pay one month GOtv Plus subscription within 48 hours of decoder purchase will be rewarded with two months extra viewing. This means that at the expiration of the first subscription to the GOtv Plus bouquet, the subscriber will for another two months have access to 42 of the best international and local channels including; AfricaMagic Family, AIT, M-Net Movies Zone, Telemundo, Zee World, Discovery World, SuperSport Select, Al Jazeera, CNN, MTV Base, Soundcity, Disney Junior, Nickelodeon, JimJam, Islam Channel and Faith. Public Relations Manager GOtv, Ms Efe Obiomah said: television lovers in Nnewi and environs, who take advantage of the GOtv Double Double promo, will live in a world of unforgettable experiences and enjoy a double dose of entertainment. “By paying a one month subscription within 48 hours of decoder purchase, they will enjoy double drama on Africa Magic, double sporting action on Super- Sport, double adventure on the best kiddies’ channels, and double romance from the latest telenovelas and Bollywood series”. GOtv offers two bouquets; GOtv Plus with a 42-channel offering and GOtv Value which gives 28 channels.
WHAT IS USELESS ISLAM DOING ON THE LIST, IS NNEWI AN ARAB SOCIETY? YOU SHOULD HAVE EDITED OUT THAT USELESS WORD. Smh.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by AnambraDota: 4:57pm On Jul 25, 2015
investnow2013:
This is why I am one of those advocating for increase in our population!.Although there are some disadvantages, but with modern economies it is a Win Win solution!.....it is better to have a sizeable population in order to have a BIGGER ECONOMY or MARKET!.Anambra-State/ Alaigbo lost a lot of it's Population to Lagos, Kano,Abuja & other Places. This is one of the reason Lagos is still commanding a bigger share of Nigeria's Businesses!.

No population is big but economy is what makes population over and under.

There is no need having the population of China on Cameroun economy. It will increase crime and other social vices.

Igbos need to reduce their population but open up Igboland for foreigners to come. Over population is not good. Let's promote small but healthy households instead trying to be Hausa Fulanis that litter everywhere with children they don't cater for.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jul 25, 2015
AnambraDota:

No population is big but economy is what makes population over and under.

There is no need having the population of China on Cameroun economy. It will increase crime and other social vices.

Igbos need to reduce their population but open up Igboland for foreigners to come. Over population is not good. Let's promote small but healthy households instead trying to be Hausa Fulanis that litter everywhere with children they don't cater for.

Well as far as Nigeria is concerned population is everything. The fact that Nigeria is the most populated country in Africa gives it relevance. If not for that, we would be a typical African nation.

It's tied to the reasons why a state's economy is bigger, why IGRs are larger, and your allocations more juicy.

We need most of our population back in the East but at this point can afford to give birth to less children.

Skyscrapers, high rises will properly address our concerns for the east being too small to contain us. We need a more efficient way to manage our resources given our size and it will take very good urban/rural city planning to realize this.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Dollyak(f): 5:14pm On Jul 25, 2015
My opinion is that Anambra is punching way above her weight. This is even more so when you consider her small federal allocation/budget compared to most states like Rivers, akwa ibom, kano(most unproductive major state) etc with 3 times (Akwa ibom) her budget. This is why Nigeria needs to practice fiscal federalism. Really impress with what I am hearing so far.

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 5:36pm On Jul 25, 2015
Lovesdaisied:

Well as far as Nigeria is concerned population is everything. The fact that Nigeria is the most populated country in Africa gives it relevance. If not for that, we would be a typical African nation.

It's tied to the reasons why a state's economy is bigger, why IGRs are larger, and your allocations more juicy.

We need most of our population back in the East but at this point can afford to give birth to less children.

Skyscrapers, high rises will properly address our concerns for the east being too small to contain us. We need a more efficient way to manage our resources given our size and it will take very good urban/rural city planning to realize this.
Thanks for seeing what I am seeing!.Give Anambra the population of Lagos & see Igbo sons & daughters taking advantage of it by way of investments!.They are running to Lagos not necessaryly because of Airport or Seaport but because of increased demand of their goods & services! Caused by increased population!.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 5:37pm On Jul 25, 2015
Dollyak:
My opinion is that Anambra is punching way above her weight. This is even more so when you consider her small federal allocation/budget compared to most states like Rivers, akwa ibom, kano(most unproductive major state) etc with 3 times (Akwa ibom) their budget. This is why Nigeria needs to practice fiscal federalism. Really impress with what I am hearing so far.
Anambra is one of the richest states in Nigeria. Anambra is the richest state in the South East. Anambra state parades many of the big time businessmen and women in Nigeria. Anambra parades the highest class of intellectuals in the South East and South South. Anambra state is among the few cash-driven states in Nigeria. Anambra per capita income is one of the highest in the country. Most of the celebrated leaders in the East of the Niger come from Anambra state. In Anambra state wealth is almost distributed house to house. The economy of Onitsha is bigger than that of some states in Nigeria. Nnewi economy is bigger than that of some states in Nigeria. The economy of Awka, Igboukwu, Ekwulobia and Awka axis beats the economy of some states in Nigeria.

Anambra business men and women alone almost own 40% prime properties in Abuja and Lagos on a conservative estimate. School of thoughts says that if Anambra is not good Igboland can never be. Anambra is the strong room of Igboland, the intellectual power house of Igboland and the pride of Igbo nation, and even Nigeria.

This is the more reason why every Igbo sons and daughters must have interest in what goes on in Anambra state. This is because what goes on in Anambra directly or indirectly affects what happens in Igboland.

Anambra state is therefore critical to what happens in Igboland in terms of development, whether political, social or economic.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) ... (524) (Reply)

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.