Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,703 members, 7,921,530 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 07:57 AM

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. - Politics (370) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. (1247103 Views)

Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour / Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? / Anambra State Light Of The Nation. Economic And Political Powerhouse Of Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) ... (524) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by chino11(m): 10:01pm On Sep 17, 2015
Run away from OSU? An outcast? U are only being avoided because a freeborn has nothing with an OSU. LOL

But u still have chances to prove urself.

Are u an OSU or not?

[s]
winniz:

Foolish old man, why are you so desperate to run away from my moniker cheesy
[/s]

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by winniz: 10:34pm On Sep 17, 2015
chino11:
[s][/s]Run away from OSU? An outcast? U are only being avoided because a freeborn has nothing with an OSU. LOL

But u still have chances to prove urself.

Are u an OSU or not?

[s][/s]

Jobless magg0t, you know I'm not one of those your so called friends you ratted out and they are always bullied and insulted here. Is the stigma of been an OSU that bad? cos I got information that the Cursed Dike family of Uga are all OSU'S embarassed
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by chino11(m): 10:38pm On Sep 17, 2015
Stop spitting on yourself. I am now from Uga no longer Igala? LOL

Now back to the simple question-

Are u an OSU or not? cheesy

[s]
winniz:

Jobless magg0t, you know I'm not one of those your so called friends you ratted out and they are always bullied and insulted here. Is the stigma of been an OSU that bad cos I got information that the Cursed Dike family of Uga are all Osu's embarassed
[/s]

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by winniz: 10:46pm On Sep 17, 2015
chino11:
[s][/s]Stop spitting on yourself. I am now from Uga no longer Igala? LOL

Now back to the simple question-

Are u OSU or not? cheesy

[s][/s]

I already told you where you are from but you don't know anything about me including my name. So who's spitting all over the place embarassed
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by chino11(m): 10:49pm On Sep 17, 2015
Simple but hard question, answer fast- ARE YOU AN OSU? cheesy

[s]
winniz:

I already told you where you are from but you don't know anything about me including my name. So who's spitting all over the place embarassed
[/s]

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by winniz: 10:56pm On Sep 17, 2015
[s][/s]chino11:
Simple but hard answer fast- ARE YOU AN OSU? cheesy

[s][/s]

I know your IQ is very low cos if you know my name and where I'm from in Anambra state, you should have known OSU never existed there embarassed but I know you desperately wanna run away from my moniker hence you keep repeating same jargon.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by chino11(m): 11:01pm On Sep 17, 2015
You are still spitting all over yourself. You mean the OSU monika? cheesy

ARE YOU AN OSU OR NOT? LOL

[s]
winniz:

I know your IQ is very low cos if you know my name and where I'm from in Anambra state, you should have known OSU never existed there embarassed but I know you desperately wanna run away from my moniker.
[/s]

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by winniz: 11:10pm On Sep 17, 2015
[s][/s]chino11:
You are still spitting all over yourself. cheesy

[s][/s]

The only OSU I know here is you CHINONSO DIKE and you know been a Free born I shouldn't be communicating with you embarassed
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by chino11(m): 11:13pm On Sep 17, 2015

[s]
winniz:

The only OSU I know here is you CHINONSO DIKE and you know been a Free born I shouldn't be communicating with you embarassed
[/s]

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by winniz: 11:20pm On Sep 17, 2015
[s][/s]chino11:

[s][/s]

I can't believe you desperately wanna Usain Bolt from my moniker by repeating same boring crap over and over again. Your name is CHINONSO DIKE, what's my name and where I'm I from cheesy
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by chino11(m): 11:26pm On Sep 17, 2015
I have turned your brain up side down, you are being worn out. That is what we do to our prey. LOL

Now answer fast- ARE YOU AN OSU OR NOT? cheesy

[s]
winniz:

I can't believe you desperately wanna Usain Bolt from my moniker by repeating same crap over and over again. Your name is CHINONSO DIKE, what's my name and where I'm I from cheesy
[/s]

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by winniz: 11:31pm On Sep 17, 2015
[s][/s]chino11:
I have tur your brain up side down, you are being worn out. That is what we do to our prey. LOL

Now answer fast- ARE YOU AN OSU OR NOT? cheesy

[s][/s]

I know you are jobless and you can spend all your time here on nairaland boring me with same crap all over the place. what about CHINONYE cheesy
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by chino11(m): 11:34pm On Sep 17, 2015
This is a very important question and you must answer it. LOL

IS TRUE THAT YOU ARE AN OSU?? cheesy

[s]
winniz:

I know you are jobless and you can spend all your time here on nairaland boring me with same crap all over the place. what about CHINONYE cheesy
[/s]
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by winniz: 11:39pm On Sep 17, 2015
[s][/s]chino11:
This is a very important question and you must answer it. LOL

IS TRUE THAT YOU ARE AN OSU?? cheesy

[s][/s]

I have always known you are a deranged dim wit but I never knew it has degenerated badly embarassed
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by chino11(m): 11:42pm On Sep 17, 2015
This answer is very important and you must answer me because tomorrow is friday LOL

IS IT TRUE THAT YOU ARE AN OSU? cheesy

I am having fun dealing heavy blows on you..LOL

[s]
winniz:

I have always know you are a deranged dim wit but I never knew it has degenerated badly embarassed
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by IGBOSON1: 11:47pm On Sep 17, 2015
Umuchukwu, Anambra State: How deity community became glorious city

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

...As philanthropist liberates his people

From Aloysius Attah, Onitsha

The Umuchukwu community in Orumba South Local government Area of Anambra State formerly known as Nkerehi before the name was changed in 2008 after a referendum and government gazette was then known for poverty, idolatry and underdevelopment.

But the people have gone through the valley of the shadows of death and came out triumphant.

The community, which is made up of five villages namely Isiama, Umueze, Uhu, Umualaoma, Umuana, shares common boundary with Ogbunka community and Abia State.

Before the wind of change blew in Umuchukwu community, the community was like a cursed area with several ugly stories until one of its sons, Dr. Godwin Maduka, an American-trained physician, decided to carry the cross of liberating the people from the shackles of poverty, idolatry and backwardness.

Giving an insight into the pitiable nature of the community before Maduka's intervention, a native, Mr Godwin Duru said:

"We were like caged people. We had one or two people who were opportune to be educated and had left the shores of the country . But while the few seemed to be comfortable in their own way, the rest of the community was running around in circles with nothing to boast of. While poverty was ravaging us as individuals, our community lacked all the basic amenities of living that made life to stop at our neighboring communities while we lived in another world altogether."

Oriental News gathered that it was Dr Maduka, chief medical director, Las Vegas Pain Institute, who decided to take the risk of changing the face of the community through empowerment of the youths, education and development projects.

According to Duru, at the heat of the struggle to effect a positive change, Christians in the community after a revelation during prayers made efforts to change the name of the community from Nkerehi to Umuchukwu.

Also Mr Nnamdi Okoli in a chat with Oriental News talked about the revelations and what happened after moves to effect the change.

"The name Nkerehi is an ancient name which by prayers it was revealed that it literarily means those who struggle to get anything or those who delighted in snatching cows from people by force. It was by the same divine revelation in prayers that we elected to change our name to Umuchukwu which means the children of God or God's children. But those who wanted us to remain in our backward state vowed to truncate our struggle, but in the end I can say that in line with the reigning song of Korede Bello that God -win"

In the struggle for the name change and attracting of development projects in the community, those opposed to the wheel of progress instigated trouble and division in the community.

He said that things got to a point where attempts were made on people's lives and property were destroyed as the instigators labeled Dr. Maduka as a religious zealot and one who wanted to use his money to control everybody.

But Maduka was said to be unfazed by all the criticism as he continued to look for ways of improving the living condition of his people.

It was during that turbulent period that former governor of Anambra State, Peter Obi after seeing Maduka's genuine efforts also remembered the community. Before Obi left office, he constructed the Umuchukwu, Ogbunka road, Owerri-Ezukala -Umuchukwu road, provided a five-class room block, new transformer and security vehicle for the community.

But it was Maduka's unusual philanthropy that really changed the face of the community.

During the recent burial of his elder brother and the traditional prime minister of the community, Chief Obioma Maduka, visitors marveled on the great transformation that has taken place in the community courtesy of Dr Maduka.

Presently, several new buildings are springing up in the community, projects being executed by those whom Dr. Maduka has trained in choice professional courses in the university and also others empowered in their various businesses.

A volunteer who took Oriental News round the community noted that no single individual has ever done what the man has done, saying that he had to endure all the pains and insults heaped on him by those who are simply jealous that he has decided to live his life for others to be happy.

Valentine Obienyem, who represented former Governor Obi at the burial ceremony while mourning the late traditional prime minister, described Dr Maduka as "the proverbial tree that made a forest of the thick Amazon type."

[b]Among the structures that have sprung up in Umuchukwu through the Godwin Maduka Foundation, are about 90 living houses built and donated to the poor in the community replacing their huts.

The Catholic priest in charge of St. Jude's Catholic Church, Umuchukwu, Rev. Fr. Maximus Muojekwu, reflecting on the journey so far in the community, said that Maduka has built a city.

He said that he was overwhelmed that an individual would make such a huge investment for his people.

Another native, Godwin Ezeji said that the Godwin Maduka Foundation has also sponsored 90 per cent of the lawyers in the community while there are about 450 children enjoying his scholarship.

"There is also a 14 storey building, the first of its kind in the community and another structure of 60 room apartment meant for workers in the community," he said.

But Dr Maduka described what he does for his community as little acts of philanthropy, which came about from meager earnings in his medical practice out of necessity so as to alleviate the plight of his people.

Hear him: "Everybody knows that about 10 to 20 years ago, we cannot boast of any single amenity including pipe borne water as everything eluded us. Anybody growing up in that environment will have no choice than to do something about it. I started this many years ago with the little money I earn. When you see people living in thatched houses in this age and you know you can do something about it, you will not have rest in that situation. It is necessity that pushes me to do this because you can't make money to buy a fine car and you come home and discover that many people around you are suffering and dying while you keep silent."
[/b]
Talking about those who fanned the embers of discord in the community while people like him were struggling to liberate the people, Maduka said that it was those who struggled to paint him black that eventually propelled him to higher heights, saying that "truth will always triumph over falsehood."

He said the love for his people still propels him to keep struggling to better their lives as he asked God to forgive those who hurt him while he keeps asking for God's strength to keep touching lives through his chosen field of medicine.

http://nigeriaworld.com/cgi-bin/axs/ax.pl?http://odili.net/news/source/2015/sep/16/502.html

First time i'm hearing of this nice man! Anyone have any pics of Umuchukwu?

A bit more on the man and his medical practice in the USA:

Dr. Godwin Maduka is the founder of the Las Vegas Pain Institute and Medical Center. Dr. Maduka completed his Graduate Medical training at the Harvard University School of Medicine in Anesthesia and Critical Care and Pain Management in 1997. Prior to his Harvard residency, Dr. Maduka completed his Internal Medicine internship at the University Of Tennessee School Of Medicine.

Additionally, Dr. Maduka completed a Doctor of Pharmacy Degree from Mercer University in Atlanta, Georgia in 1988 after completing his Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemistry from Rust College in Holly Springs, Mississippi in 1984.
Dr. Maduka’s extensive training in pharmacy, anesthesia, and critical care medicine enable him to offer valuable insight and unique knowledge as to which treatment options are best for his patients—this often results in new levels of pain relief.

As an active philanthropist, Dr. Maduka was responsible for building 50 homes, a church, a residence for priests, a school complex and a civic center in his hometown of Umuchukwu, Nigeria. In Umuchukwu, Maduka’s philanthropy has brought new hope to the area and the residents are quite appreciative of his efforts.

Dr. Maduka is a “Heartbeat of America” Award winner and is widely recognized as a premier physician in the pain management field.

Dr. Maduka is also serves as the Clinical Faculty Supervisor of Pain Management/Anesthesiology for Tuoro University Nevada's College of Osteopathic Medicine.

Education:

Harvard Medical School
University of Tennessee School of Medicine, Memphis TN
Mercer School of Pharmacy, Atlanta GA
Rust College Holly Springs, Mississippi
Diplomat, American Board of Anesthesiology
Diplomat, American Academy of Pain Management
Diplomat, American of Academy of Minimally Invasive Spinal Medicine and Surgery
Adjunct Clinical Professor of Anesthesiology, Touro University College of Osteopathic Medicine

Experience:

Las Vegas Pain Institute and Medical Center and Medical Center: Medical Director
Practice includes:
Chronic and acute pain management
Interventional pain management
Working in conjunction with chiropractic management, family medicine, physical therapy
Las Vegas Anesthesia Associates: Anesthesiology practice including chronic and acute pain management
Cardiac vascular and thoracic anesthesia.
Trauma anesthesia at University Medical Center
Obstetrical and gynecological anesthesia at University Medical Center
General anesthesia including conscious sedation
Regional Medical Center, Memphis, Tennessee: Staff Pharmacist - Regional Medical Center
Veterans Administration Hospital, Atlanta Georgia: Pharmacy Technician
Adjunct Clinical Professor of Anesthesiology, Pain Management, and Surgery, Touro University College of Osteopathic Medicine

Second pic is of Dr Maduka with some of his staff.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by winniz: 11:52pm On Sep 17, 2015
[s][/s]chino11:
This answer is very important and you must answer me because tomorrow is friday LOL

I am having fun dealing heavy blows on you..LOL

[s][/s]

Which heavy blow embarassed How can a mentally unstable old man like you claim you are dealing a heavy blow on me? You already said you wanna worn me out hence you keep boring me with same crap over and over again cheesy
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by chino11(m): 11:56pm On Sep 17, 2015
You are now loosing it but you must answer my question or you will continue spitting saliva on yourself. The worst is that you are poor and an osu at the same time grin

[s]
winniz:

Which heavy blow embarassed How can a mentally unstable old man like you claim you are dealing a heavy blow on me embarassed You already said you wanna worn me out hence you keep boring me with same crap over and over again.
[/s]

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by chino11(m): 12:09am On Sep 18, 2015
Osu where are you? cheesy

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by winniz: 12:14am On Sep 18, 2015
chino11:
[s][/s]You are now loosing it but you must answer my question or you will continue spitting saliva on yourself. The worst is that you are poor and an osu at the same time grin

[s][/s]

The only person who has lost it completely here is you. I can't believe I have been talking with a complete Lunatic all along. Is Poverty the cause of your mental illness cheesy
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by chino11(m): 12:18am On Sep 18, 2015
Osu defend yourself, you must defend yourself poor soul LOL

[s]
winniz:

The only person who has lost it completely here is you. I can't believe I have been talking with a complete Lunatic all along. Is Poverty the cause of your mental illness cheesy
[/s]

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by winniz: 12:20am On Sep 18, 2015
chino11:
Osu where are you? cheesy

The OSU stigma must really be really difficult for the Dike family Sorry ohh

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by chino11(m): 12:25am On Sep 18, 2015
E dey pain am wella, no be make you an OSU. LOL

Now defend yourself- is it true that you are an OSU?

You go piss on yourself today

[s]
winniz:

The OSU stigma must really be really difficult for the Dike family Sorry ohh
[/s]

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by winniz: 12:28am On Sep 18, 2015
chino11:
[s][/s]Osu defend yourself, you must defend yourself poor soul LOL

[s][/s]

At least it's been confirmed the Dike family of Uga are all OSU'S. So carry your cross alone and don't drag others into your miserable life.

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by chino11(m): 12:31am On Sep 18, 2015
U must answer it today.

Is it true that you are an OSU?

[s]
winniz:

At least it's been confirmed the Dike family of Uga are all OSU'S. So carry your cross alone and don't drag others into your miserable life.
[/s]

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by winniz: 12:36am On Sep 18, 2015
chino11:
[s][/s]E dey pain am wella, no be make you an OSU. LOL

Now defend yourself- is it true that you are an OSU?

You go piss on yourself today

[s][/s]

OSU Chinonso Dike do I look pained to you abeg humour me some more

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by chino11(m): 12:37am On Sep 18, 2015
Osu where are you? grin

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by winniz: 12:38am On Sep 18, 2015
chino11:
U must answer it today.

Is it true that you are an OSU?

[s][/s]

OSU Dike you can continue making me laugh

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by chino11(m): 12:38am On Sep 18, 2015
U must answer the question. cheesy

Is it true that you are an OSU? cheesy

[s]
winniz:

OSU Chinonso Dike do I look pained to you abeg humour me some more
[/s]

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by winniz: 12:40am On Sep 18, 2015
chino11:
Osu where are you? grin

Osu Dike you can't Usain Bolt from my moniker

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by winniz: 12:42am On Sep 18, 2015
chino11:
U must answer the question. cheesy

Is it true that you are an OSU? cheesy

[s][/s]

The only OSU I know about is Chinonso Dike

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by winniz: 12:44am On Sep 18, 2015
Osu Dike where art thou?

(1) (2) (3) ... (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) ... (524) (Reply)

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.