Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,908 members, 7,872,943 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:55 AM

(PICS) House Of Reps Aspirant Caught In Pipeline Vandalisation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / (PICS) House Of Reps Aspirant Caught In Pipeline Vandalisation (731 Views)

Amaechi Slams Wike Over False Claims Of Vandalisation And Looting... / Who Could Be Responsible For The Recent Vandalisation Of Phcn Properties? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

(PICS) House Of Reps Aspirant Caught In Pipeline Vandalisation by CoretGistBlog(m): 7:16pm On Oct 02, 2014
Wahab Junaid, a 59-year-old suspected vandal, who was arrested by operatives of the Inspector-General of Police Task Force on Anti- Pipeline Vandalism in Ogun State, has blamed his indulgence on his quest to raise enough money for his political campaign towards the 2015 general elections. Officer in charge of the task force, Friday Ibadin said the suspect was arrested at Ifote village in Obafemi/Owode Local Government Area of Ogun
State. He said three big valves, allegedly mounted on Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, right of way at Ogere by the suspect and his accomplices, were recovered by the operatives who acted on a tip-off.  In his confession, the politician said: 

"The
slot for the House of Representative was zoned to my area, Ibeju Lekki constituency. I am one of those who have best opportunities to contest and win the election.  “I was told to go and look for money to sponsor my campaigns. I am a graduate. I read Botanical Science and Animal Rearing.
I am a veterinary doctor. Unfortunately,
people no longer patronise us and I had to change my profession.
“Since I did not have enough money to
sponsor myself, I called my friend
Oloje, a vandal, who told me that the area was calm and suggested that I could come and load some trucks. I was actually waiting at the designated point with the trucks with which to lift the product when policemen arrested me."

Arrest history:

“ I was arrested in 2008 by the Task Force but was discharged and acquitted. In 2010, I was
also arrested at Epe, but also regained freedom after several months.
“Again, I was arrested in 2012 over a similar offence by policemen from FESTAC Division. As usual, I was arraigned in court. But through the help of my lawyer, I was able to secure my
freedom. I suspect that my enemies, who are bitter that I was anointed to fly the APC flag for ibeju Lekki constituency at the House of Representatives in 2015 have a hand in this.

“As I speak to you, no one knows that I have been arrested. Please forgive me and give me another chance to represent my people in the House of Representatives

Source/Pic: http://www.coretgist..com/2014/10/house-of-reps-aspirant-caught-in.html?m=1

Re: (PICS) House Of Reps Aspirant Caught In Pipeline Vandalisation by godofwar666(m): 7:37pm On Oct 02, 2014
Hmmmm when God catch person e go surrender pata pata... Politicians I trowey yansh for una
Re: (PICS) House Of Reps Aspirant Caught In Pipeline Vandalisation by xtratagem(m): 7:56pm On Oct 02, 2014
Thief will always gives excuse...
Re: (PICS) House Of Reps Aspirant Caught In Pipeline Vandalisation by SirHouloo(m): 8:07pm On Oct 02, 2014
No be money he go take do campaign and the like? The system is faulty in the first place.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria's Jonathan Brushes Off Scandals To Lead 2015 Election Race / Patriotism: A Cause Of Development / Nigerian Islamic Terrorist Group Boko Haram Allegedly Preaches In Captured Town,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.