Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,566 members, 7,948,172 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 03:33 PM

The Little Girl In Blue - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Little Girl In Blue (1640 Views)

The Darkest Shade Of Blue / FAAD: Forever & A Day Episode II: Daddy's Little Girl / The Little Things That Matter The Most (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Little Girl In Blue by mamaput(f): 10:54pm On Jul 30, 2006
my story is more a childrens story.

There was once a little girl in blue every thing she wore was blue.
She lived a a mighty house wtha mighty yard and tere were many animals living in the yard.
at the end of the yard was a long river that lead to the sea.
Next door lived some people that were never at home but they had a lama, a fat goat with short legs and a crocodeil that garded the house.They spent the whole day at the gate spiting at people passing by well the goat kept spiting on herself because she was too short to sipt over the gate .The little girl always had an umbralla when she passed the gate o the people next door (that were never at home)

Among the animals that lived on the yard were a pig that had a house of its own , the pig had a frige a couch and a tv in his hut that was right under the window of the little girls room. The only thing to be found in his freige was beer. The pig had once been married but his wife left him to live on the other sind of the river with the farmer (But thats another story.)
Then there was a mad duck , the duck never stayed long on the yard then it was always in war zones. Yes this duck had the blod of a military man in its vains.
The cat the dog the rabbit lived in the house with the little girl.

The little girl knew what she wanted to when she grew up a discoverer ,the fact that she could talk to the animals would be of great help.
But in the meantime she was only a little girland could not go too far away from home, but that was to change soon , sooner than she expected, then one fine day,
Re: The Little Girl In Blue by Orikinla(m): 11:09pm On Aug 04, 2006
It was quite colourful from your imaginative narrative.

I love the natural disposition of the storyteller. No impressionism.
Re: The Little Girl In Blue by mamaput(f): 11:17pm On Aug 04, 2006
This is only the story back ground the little girl is alwas going on adventures but am not in the mood to write at the moment.
But thankyou.
may be i should also come up with a love story. cool
Re: The Little Girl In Blue by mrmayor(m): 11:22pm On Aug 04, 2006
Mamaput,

Strange story for children,I doubt if any kindergarten would like your story!Animal rights rights people would probably sue you for suggesting pigs have beers in their fridge,I want to see how the story develops.

Keep the story coming Mama
Re: The Little Girl In Blue by Orikinla(m): 11:27pm On Aug 04, 2006
The story could be more than meets the eye.

I see the animals as illustrations of certain humans in our society.
It could be a satire.
Re: The Little Girl In Blue by mrmayor(m): 11:35pm On Aug 04, 2006
The problem with satire with lots of images is you loose the reader easily,you probably need a teacher/lecturer to make you understand what the writer is trying to potray.I read Animal Farm so many times than I care to remember before I understood what its all about.
In this generation of Electronic Media you loose your readers with too many imageries nobody wants to spend time interpreting the intension of the writer,they just click on the next link.
Re: The Little Girl In Blue by Orikinla(m): 8:47am On Aug 05, 2006
Wait until you read my Revolt in the Ranch.
Animal Farm is child's play.

But if you are not writing for online readers, you wouldn't be bothered about readers who are in a hurry.

I publish books and I have serious interests in publishing books for children in Nigeria as good as the best examples published in the developed countries. I am already seeing the colourful illustrations for Mamaput's The Little Girl In Blue and when I am ready I can even offer to publish the story book next year as God favours me.
Re: The Little Girl In Blue by mamaput(f): 10:18am On Aug 05, 2006
A beer drinking pig is better than a child eating wolf any day.
I want it to be a modern day story.
The little girl in blue even has a flying bed that will come her way soon and with it she travels all over the world and mets different animals groups of people. She even travels to the under water world and one day even to the moon just to see if the man on the moon exists.
By the way she also meets people around her area.
Re: The Little Girl In Blue by mamaput(f): 4:08pm On Aug 05, 2006
The court case.

One morning the cat was outside in the yard doing nothing,It so happened that the mad duck came its way and they somehow got into a fight.
I do not know how the fight started but that is not so important, the cat hit the duck with his paw right in the face and drew blood,the duck bit the cat in the tail and did not let go.
WE know that a duck has no teeth but it sure has a strong beck,
Well the cat screamed and all the animals came to look.
The pig, the chicken the other normal ducks, the horse and even the frog that lived by the river.
The little girl had to take both animals to the vet.
She put them in her carrage nad pulled them both to the vet because both of them claimed they were in so much pain that they could not walk anymore.But both of them were still quarreling all the way to the vet.
When they got to the vet they were very quite ,we all know all animals are afraid of the vet,little girl in blue was happy about that because her nerves were at an end and her hand was paining her from pushing the carrage.(her ears were paining too by now.)
The Duck got a cream for its face and the vet had nothing for the cat,because the tail was OK.
The cat insisted that the tail was not OK,so the vet gave the cat a peppermint and told him it was a tablet for the pain.The little girl got the bill.
When they got back home all the animals had gathered again to see what happened, I must admit most of the time they were so bored that they made very bigsensation of every little thing that happened.
This time they decided to hold a court case, the pig was the judge

to be contunied
Re: The Little Girl In Blue by mamaput(f): 6:09pm On Aug 05, 2006
Many animals from far and wide came to attend the court.
The the fat goat with the short legs was the lawyer of the duck, the rabbit that lived in the house was the lawyer of the cat.
The rabbit had a big job getting the cat to shut his mouth because the cat as every one knew was very rude. and may just end up annoying everyone.
The duck was rude too but since every one knew the duck was mad, it did not matter what he said.Because he was mad. Mad ducks have unlimited freedom to say and do what they like.
Well the pig banged a Toy hammer on a desk that the little girls mother had put out for them and the case started.

Funny enough no one knew how the fight started or who started it.
But the judge had a duty to do besides little girl and her mother were also annoyed.
Little girl because her hand was still paining her and the mother because of the bill.
Both of them were sentenced to spending the whole day together getting rid of the sluges that were spoiling the lettuce on the yard.
The duck was very happy about that but the cat that was a spoiled brat found this quite disgusting, He also found that it was not fair that the duck was happy with the sentence. But try punishing a mad war happy duck.
All the animals went their way satisfied with the sentence and happy that there was something to talk about.
Some animals even stayed to make fun of the duck and the cat picking sluges.
A hen even started making fun of them that was a big mistake .
Before it knew what happened , it had a bucket of sluges thrown on top of it.
The hen went to complain to the cock , but the cock was afraid of the duck and did not go to challenge the duck and the cat.
We all know that an icdent like that can make two foes to friends , at lest for some time.
The mad duck allowed the cat to go that he will get rid of the slugs alone ,and the cat was very happy to go.
From the window of the little girlöls room he watched the duck having the time of its life getting rid of the slugs.
To crown it all the little girl had forgiving the cat and had brought him a blow of milk.
Re: The Little Girl In Blue by Seun(m): 9:41pm On Aug 05, 2006
Keep it up!
Re: The Little Girl In Blue by mamaput(f): 11:12pm On Aug 05, 2006
Thanks

One day the little girl was strolling with her cat very boared, she walked down the road in the opposite direction of the house were the  fat goat with the short legs , the lama and the crocodile lived she was not in the mood to take an umbrella along.
At the end of the road she turned off  in the direction of the playground passed the boring play ground and the more boring Icecream stand and walked to the forest. She just kept walking deeper and deeper and the cat kept telling her that they had gone to far and it was getting late.But the little girl did not listen.
All of a sudden she came across a big wolf, The wolf was surprised to see the little girl but the little girl was more surprised.
The cat ask "so are you going to eat little girl up"? like you ate little red riding hood.
"Thats just a story answered the wolf " Stop lieing answered the cat go on and eat her i know thats what you want"
"sorry that my cat is so rude  the Little girl had found her toung , "I am the little girl in blue"
" I know " the Wolf answered his eyes on the cat "everyone here knows you "
The little girl was surprised that she was knowen here in the forest, More surprised than seeing the wolf.
The wolf took her to the village square of the forest animals , but not only animals a witch also lived there.
The wolf was the forest sheriff and it was his duty to see that everyone abide by the laws.
The forest animals even had a jail but till now no animal had ever been locked up.
As it was getting late , the wolf sent  the fox with a letter to the little girls mum so that she will not have to worry.
All the animals of the forest wanted to take a look at little girl but the cat wanted to know what was so special about the little girl.
He started making rude faces and lifted his paw to make an indecent sign.
The wolf locked him up for 5 minutes in the jail.
The cat was the first animal to see the jail from inside,a bear made a picture for the next day newspaper.
The cat stuck out his tongue
But the other animals wanted an all night party with cake and icecreams.
The witch backed and the fox  that had come back provided the drinks.
It was nobodys birthday but the animals were always happy for a reason to celebrate.
At last the wolf said it was really late and little girl had to go home.
So to get her home safe they lent her a magic bed that could fly . The bear made more pictures for the newspaper and everyone wanted to be in the picture so they all crowed round little girl pushing the cat out of the way,At last the wolf blew his whistle little girl has to go home[b] NOW[/b].
Little girl climbed the bed with the cat , The cat was offended he was not on the picture, but little girl assured him he made headlines on his own with the jail incdent. The cat could live with that.
The wolf explained to the little girl how the bed worked.
The bed had metal rods round it like a baby bed , a sun ,wind and rain protection.
All she had to do was tell the bed were she wanted to go,
She asked the bed to take her home and in a twinkle of an eye she was home,
Her mum was waiting for her at  the door.
As little girl took her bath she wished that the bed was hers so that she can travle travelthe whole world.
The next day when she got up , she thought she had dreamed it all but when she looked out of her window the bed was standing there and all the yard animals around it.
on the bed was a letter that the cat had opened but he could not read,Little girl ran down took the letter from him and slaped slappedth it over the head "just sniffing at it" he said offended Forest had giving the little girl the bed as a gift apparenapparentlyd after dropping little girl , wanted to stay with her,
The bed could not talk but it could read little girls thoughts and also wanted to go on adventures all over the world.
Little girl was the happiest person alive on this day
Re: The Little Girl In Blue by Orikinla(m): 2:38pm On Aug 06, 2006
I understand your magical realism intoto.

Once your story is completed you need to offer it for publication to the best publishers and please don't self-publish it. Because, self-publishing will have handicaps. Your vivid imagination is as good as any of the popular children's writers of today. And your flying bed is also good. But I won't say how I see the flying bed in my own interpretation.
Re: The Little Girl In Blue by Seun(m): 3:11pm On Aug 06, 2006
Orikinla's persistent "please don't self-publish" is entirely self-serving, since he's a book publisher. wink

Theres nothing wrong with making self-serving statements as long as they aren't portrayed otherwise.

apoligies to my dear friend Orikinla about the thoughtless way this post was expressed
Re: The Little Girl In Blue by Orikinla(m): 4:32pm On Aug 06, 2006
Seun, since you think my replies to this thread are self-serving, I am not going to comment on it again or on other posts on fiction.

Mamaput was not born yesterday and she knows the leading publishers in America and Europe. I cannot afford to give her fiction the global mileage it deserves. So, that is why I advised her not to self-publish and not to solicit for her patronage.

I don't like being misunderstood.
Re: The Little Girl In Blue by mrmayor(m): 4:47pm On Aug 06, 2006
Orikinla,

As a writer and publisher you need to accept criticism,all publishers have their own criteria for the kind of books they publish,when writers can't find publishers willing to take a risk on them thats when they turn to self publish.
The internet has opened the door to a lot of writers/musicians as you don't need big coperations anymore.Mamaput's story on this forum is a kind of self publishing though she is not making any money.
Re: The Little Girl In Blue by Seun(m): 4:50pm On Aug 06, 2006
Orikinla, I didn't mean to insult you as a person. Sorry.

But really, if you want to promote the advantages of professional publishing, that would be better than talking as if self-publishing is something done by children of Satan only. Instead of saying "thou shalt not self publish" why not say, "if you choose me as a publisher so and so is what I'll do to make your book a success"?
Re: The Little Girl In Blue by Orikinla(m): 5:11pm On Aug 06, 2006
Seun,
Allright. But as at present, I don't have the global distribution network of my dream. Let me do my homework first.
Re: The Little Girl In Blue by mamaput(f): 8:48pm On Aug 06, 2006
For that i will need a goast writer.
I do not want to fool myself but my idea maybe good but the launage dose not flow the way it should.
Re: The Little Girl In Blue by Seun(m): 10:26pm On Aug 06, 2006
If you test the story on 3-5 children and they all seem to love it, a ghostwriter might be a worthy investment.

(1) (Reply)

How To Create A Saleable Book Title. / Washington Post World Book Discussion With Robert Kagan On "dangerous Nation" / The Story Of My Life(true Life Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.