Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,886 members, 7,883,110 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 12:20 AM

Cyber Cafe Network - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Cyber Cafe Network (5587 Views)

Cyber-theft Prompts Search For Nigerian Bank IT Worker / Problems Of Cyber-cafe Computers (And Solutions) / Cyber-cafe Operators in Festac Having Problems With Police (419) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cyber Cafe Network by DC(m): 1:50am On Sep 23, 2005
How can one setup something like this. Does it already exist? I am sure it doesn't. Basically a No# allocated to each cafe in the country. Who knows it can even be taken internationally too. cheesy

Uses; you can use it for circulating parcels and mails, Topping Up Cards, Online Exams, Ecommerce hubs, And lots more... "Remember you first heard it here and from D.C" cool Any Ideas....
Re: Cyber Cafe Network by hotangel2(f): 6:13am On Sep 23, 2005
What?
Re: Cyber Cafe Network by kodewrita(m): 4:35pm On Sep 23, 2005
pls explain. so you mean networking all the cybercafes into one big network or what. and what exactly would that achieve. i am asking because that resembles an idea i once had.
Re: Cyber Cafe Network by Seun(m): 4:43pm On Sep 23, 2005
The era of the cyber-cafe is soon going to be over in Nigeria. Once people can get Internet access at home for 5,000 naira or less, only the most savvy entrepreneurs will be able to convince enough people to come to their cafes to browse. Cyber-cafe network? Only if the cafes are being used as gaming centers, etc. Which means up-to-date hardware must be installed, contrary to cmmon practice today.

1 Like

Re: Cyber Cafe Network by Farriel(m): 1:18am On Sep 24, 2005
I honestly do not think that the era of cyber-cafes is fast phasing out. The market wouldn't be as profitable as it has been within the last 5 years, but they'd still be around for a longer time.

Not too many people can afford 5000 per month for Internet accesses in their homes, surely.

As for the cafe network plan, it's more or less a pipe-dream here in Nigeria.
Re: Cyber Cafe Network by DC(m): 11:07pm On Sep 25, 2005
We need to get this going, We are looking to allocate serial Nos to all cafe's in the country. Then from there we can then link them via a portal or server. Kodewrita is this what you were thinking well the time is right for this. If anyone is willing to help, please fill the easy form under network in dialcentre.com to add your local cafe or become a partner.

Those who think cafe's are now going to go burst because someone can connect to internet from his toilet are joking. CyberCafe's primary function is to browse/netphone, there are now lots of other functions that they could be used for and is evolving everyday. Just have a look at what is going on in other countries were 70% of homes are connected.

Belguim -- Coffeshop, colour laser printing, live entertainment, poster printing, multimedia receptions.

U.K -- Conferencing, Coffeshop, Disc writing, Pay Bills, Cashpoints

China -- Gaming

USA -- Video Editing, Stopover

India -- Call centres, contract online work

Sweden -- Wifi hot spots for mobile devices

I think we are now at the peak of using internet cafes for just browsing, in Nigeria and are going to soon start seeing a wave of these new uses in local cafes.
Re: Cyber Cafe Network by Seun(m): 7:43am On Sep 26, 2005
What exactly do you intend to gain by connecting the cafes together and giving them serial numbers? Aren't they already indirectly connected via the Internet?

I'm confused!
Re: Cyber Cafe Network by kodewrita(m): 4:25pm On Sep 26, 2005
@Seun of course computers are linked through the internet but the way its structured messages still have to go to europe,isreal or US. How he intends to do it, i don't know. but it would not be a bad idea to link outside the VSAT framework.

In south Korea, Lineage and other multi-user domains are now the chief source of recreation among the youth. They use cybercafes for this and other uses. As to the issue of cafes being redundant, i don't think they ever will, only the less flexible among them will die (example: cheap GSM services has not killed call centres, it has only created even greater source of employment. ) Pc penetration is still low and internet awareness(at least outside Lagos) is only limited to seasonal use of WAEC and NECO online facilities and chatting(Yahoo Based
Re: Cyber Cafe Network by joftech(m): 4:30am On Sep 27, 2005
Propably because Seun has access to the internet from his room made him think every Nigerian can afford internet access.

Internet cafes is/are what made the Internet and IT awareness to be where it's today in Nigeria if not for them i don't know if Nairaland would have ever seen the light of the day.

When you consider what is required to get access to the internet: a pc (and maintenance for those that are not IT pro), a connection, a monthly payment and a regular power supply you will know that the cybercafe industry has come to stay.
The largest internet cafe (http://www.easyinternetcafe.com) in the world is in the US and they have been making cool money since they open shop, same for all their other outlets around the world. Don't people have access(cheap one for that matter) in those places, or did Mr. Biggs and Tantaslizer put the regualr "Mama Put" out of the market.

Anyway it's always about the economics of things, if you know how it work, you will know better.

@DC, are you trying to do something like what (www.steampowered.com) are doing.
Re: Cyber Cafe Network by skima(m): 10:48am On Sep 27, 2005
I have thought about this idea for some years back, and i acted upon it.

First i wanted all Nigerian cyber cafe networked, so you will be able to browse book for night browsing online, buy bulk time, win free browsing hour and browse in different cafe with a common ticket.
I commenced the project but it was a bit tasking, no fund no support.
Then i went deep into web development to enable me do it myself.I started small by starting from my own community (ogba-ikeja) giving people ability to compare prices of cafes, hours of work, working days and some other services the cafe offer. That gave birth to www.ogbaonnet.com (its working really fine but for like two weeks now, its for maintenace.)
Re: Cyber Cafe Network by skima(m): 10:56am On Sep 27, 2005
I also wish to take it nation-wide.

But one has to consider somethings :

1. cafe wont be as lucrative as it is now. (alot closing down.)
2. less people will use the cafe in some years to come.

well am not being negative but its a bottom line thought.

Its possible and we can do something about it with some more features added, its gonna be successful.
Re: Cyber Cafe Network by skima(m): 11:03am On Sep 27, 2005
I have all the cafe contact information in the locality. Thats something to start with.
Re: Cyber Cafe Network by DC(m): 11:50pm On Nov 18, 2005
Still waiting for more persons or ideas on how to gather and collect locations with contact details of Cybercafes (Nationwide). No village/hamlet is too small just indicate Number of cafe, info you have. If there are more persons wiilling to join this project or suggest any techniques of collecting, I will be willing to hear from you. Please we are not trying to link outside vsat or anything like that we are just trying to develope local internet content that will meet the needs for local people. Thank you Awaiting.....
Re: Cyber Cafe Network by joftech(m): 1:36am On Nov 19, 2005
I would have like to be part of your cybercafe network but i don't know the details about your plans and the benefits of being a part of it.
Re: Cyber Cafe Network by Imnakoya(m): 4:38am On Nov 21, 2005
DC: You have to do a better job of articulating your plan. I'm curious to understand what you are trying to do, but it sure sound interesting. Do you have more information somewhere? If you want serious input you must be willing to share, it is as simple as that.
Re: Cyber Cafe Network by DC(m): 12:36am On Nov 24, 2005
The Idea is to get as many cafes as possible under one place so that marketing opportunities become easier.
e.g If someone is interested in installing vending machines in a cyber-cafe they can log onto our site and make their proposals and all cafes registered with us will see the proposal.
So we can call it a portal for cybercafes. Other services can be hotspots, voucher sales e.t.c
We are interested in getting intouch with all cafes nation-wide if anyone knows a way of making this easier please let us know. Thanks
Re: Cyber Cafe Network by Imnakoya(m): 8:13am On Nov 26, 2005
There should be a registry for all cyber cafes in Nigeria, don't they need to get licensed before they operate? (I hope they do)

http://www.nitda.gov.ng/ The National Information Technology Development Agency maybe the the place to start.
Re: Cyber Cafe Network by holyghost(m): 2:07am On Dec 15, 2005
you need to explain your points or idea clearly. like this
1 the need for this big cafe network
2 the profit due to members
3 clear examples of similar network in existence if any
4. the needed items to qualify etc
thanks

e.g as a mode of selling school forms. they now pay to a joint association. account and get the equivalent value of forms and then sell at their approved price while they also charge for their services like filling the form online and scanning the pictures of candidates etc.

1 the need for this is to make forms nearer to prospective candidates and also help them fill/process the forms properly(to avoid disqualification)

2 this will boost sales to cafes as people will entrust them with such responsibility as time goes on

3 a clear case of this kind of network exist with local postal agent and courier service companies to NIPOST ( saves you the need to going to far post office for just to buy a stamp of =N=20

4. the point of sell must have the needed training and equipments to qualify etc ( at the local postal agent he helps sell the right cost of stamp and help to address your envelop properly, they have address book and chat for you to locate the right destination of your letters

so tell us your point in this format or a better way

thanks

holyghost
Re: Cyber Cafe Network by joelee: 11:04am On Dec 03, 2008
I have been in the computer world 4 more than 10yrs n am sorry 2 say that i dont get the magic u r trying 2 create.
Linking Cafes is not a problem but the problem is what is the benefit?, u have not fully explained the catch in all these, u have 2 b explicit like the card sales whats the benefit any cafe can buy and sell what will the link do as par card sales, pls explain more on this ur idea pls.
Re: Cyber Cafe Network by macbenal: 4:35pm On Dec 11, 2009
To own and manage cyber cafe in nigeria seem to be a very difficult task to people due to challenges associated with that.I have observed that most of the challenges has to do with the followings:electricity,tarif cost for network, general management and cost set up.
But am here to announce to you that you have here on your finger tipsĀ  the solution.Visit http://www.macbenal..com. And also call 08033243100 . You shall have all the tips needed to set up a cafe and you shall own a cafe with less than "five hundred thousand naira only"and stand to make "five thousand naira"daily.Your success is our wish.
Re: Cyber Cafe Network by Kave(m): 3:29pm On Dec 25, 2009
if after 8yrs phone call operators have not gone out of bizness then i dont think cyber cafes would either.
Re: Cyber Cafe Network by VicMaxx: 5:05am On Aug 31, 2011
100 users can now share a single desktop computer, each of them working independently of the other, using our virtual desktops.
You save 95% on power consumption, cost, mobility and internet bandwidth.

Secure your computer, USB hard drive and flash drive with password security.

Get training and materials to earn international certification from Microsoft, Cisco, Comptia. etc.

Get serial keys, product keys and cracks from us to unlock the full version of any software that asks you for product key or product registration.

Check out VICMAXX Concept on facebook and see our info for more exciting offers.

VicMaxx Concepts- 07032046840, 07056692315, vmconcept@yahoo.com

(1) (Reply)

Buy Now, Pay Later - YUDALA / Unlimited Glo Free Browsing PC Trick Code With BIS.. / Badoo Premium V2.44.1 Build 165 Apk For Android Users

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.