Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,251 members, 7,887,718 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 12:48 PM

Why Are There Too Many Beggars In Oyo State? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are There Too Many Beggars In Oyo State? (3391 Views)

Shehu Sani Interacts With Beggars In Kaduna (Photo) / See Where The Beggars In Nigeria Come From / Anambra Ordered Arrest and Deportation Of Child beggars in 2011. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are There Too Many Beggars In Oyo State? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Oct 04, 2014
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Stop trying too hard.

Blockhead.
Re: Why Are There Too Many Beggars In Oyo State? by corperscorner: 2:00pm On Oct 04, 2014
django1:

Empty head.

Your papa...
Re: Why Are There Too Many Beggars In Oyo State? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Oct 04, 2014
Even in Igboland if someone called you Oyo State just know your a beggar and too demanding.

Factual as any igbo what calling someone Oyo State means grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

django1:

There are fewer ibo beggers Ibadan than hausa, Chadians or Yoruba. That's one is a fact but ibos have their own vices they perpetrate too, any ashewo house in Ibadan is populated by ibos, half of the criminals caught are ibos. There's no point in getting giddy in having just one less vice.

7 Likes

Re: Why Are There Too Many Beggars In Oyo State? by corperscorner: 2:04pm On Oct 04, 2014
django1:

Blockhead.

Your mama...
Re: Why Are There Too Many Beggars In Oyo State? by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 2:04pm On Oct 04, 2014
django1:

There are fewer ibo beggers Ibadan than hausa, Chadians or Yoruba. That's one is a fact but ibos have their own vices they perpetrate too, any ashewo house in Ibadan is populated by ibos, half of the criminals caught are ibos. There's no point in getting giddy in having just one less vice.

Yes, like we don't read newspapers too.
I know those Yoruba druggists, rapists, daughter rapists, baby mamas, ritualists are igbos using Yoruba names.
Clap for your self.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are There Too Many Beggars In Oyo State? by Donmarrius: 2:13pm On Oct 04, 2014
BTW,what are you people insinuating?.
That Almajirism in Yorubaland,is worst than that of their northern master?.
If true as the verdicts here suggests,then i will be forced to ask,does ''Sophistication,in anyway,form or manner,translates to almajirism"?.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There Too Many Beggars In Oyo State? by dedons: 2:15pm On Oct 04, 2014
django1:

Most of them are from the Northern parts of Nigeria, including some foreigners from Niger, chad and guinea.

They are many in Ibadan because a lot of people especially Muslims give them alms its sort of part of some people's religion.

i'm not even referring to those from the northern part of Nigeria(afterall it's normal to find them everywhere).

I'm talking about the real indegenes of the state...

I mean the "sons and daughters of the soil.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There Too Many Beggars In Oyo State? by thewarrior72: 2:35pm On Oct 04, 2014
dedons:
if they were disabled,I wouldn't have complained.

They are fully able bodied.
Ok. I don't usually give arms to abled men/women.
Re: Why Are There Too Many Beggars In Oyo State? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Oct 04, 2014
corperscorner:

Your mama...

As an orphan that you are, I feel sorry for you.
Re: Why Are There Too Many Beggars In Oyo State? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Oct 04, 2014
dedons:
i'm not even referring to those from the northern part of Nigeria(afterall it's normal to find them everywhere).

I'm talking about the real indegenes of the state...

I mean the "sons and daughters of the soil.

How do you know the REAL indegenes? Or you are just referring to Yoruba in general?

Well, 90% of beggers in Ibadan are of northern extraction if you want to be honest you will agree with me.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There Too Many Beggars In Oyo State? by oluwalfa: 2:52pm On Oct 04, 2014
Nobleval:
mehn! The first time I saw able bodied men begging on the streets of Lagos,I nearly fainted. In the eastern part of the country I've never seen that. Never! It is such a shamful act.

If any Igbo tries that, his kinsmen will kill him off. What a shameful way to live. Tufiakwa!

1 Like

Re: Why Are There Too Many Beggars In Oyo State? by oluwalfa: 2:55pm On Oct 04, 2014
Donmarrius:
Having read the verdicts passed here by different people,it is obvious that Op is absolutely right,and hence,i demand that Op re-caption this thread "The Growing Trend Of Almajirism In Southwest Nigeria".

Having said that,i also call on mods here,to forward this to front page,by so doing,we will fight laziness in Southwest.

You want the to fight laziness?
Haha. How can one fight against one's essence.
Re: Why Are There Too Many Beggars In Oyo State? by semitunde: 3:12pm On Oct 04, 2014
dedons:
I'm sorry if this question will cause any form of discomfort to anyone here.

I was recently in Ibadan,oyo state.what i saw was really amazing...I was amazed to see every Tom,Dick and Harry coming to beg for alms almost every 5minutes.

The most amazing part of it is that,the beggers in question include both the young and old,male and female.

I'm really disappointed and would really want to know why the state is like that.

Ps:-this is without any tribalistic intention.

I pass by oshodi on the way to the island everyday and, it's appalling, but I see several groups of specialized beggers on the streets all along the way.

Each group always has an injured or diseased person with the others carrying him/her and the pictures around in the traffic, singing mostly Igbo songs.

This may be uncomfortable but, I want to know, do igbos discuss this in monthly meetings? Are the perpetrators of this evil vices called up? Do they even care for the impact of this on the benevolence of givers of alms? What are igbo governors saying about this shameful act, especially in the wake of the deported Igbo invalids?

No tribalistic responses please. I'm only stating my observations like the op.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There Too Many Beggars In Oyo State? by isdore66(m): 3:17pm On Oct 04, 2014
Those beggars are from Edo state
Re: Why Are There Too Many Beggars In Oyo State? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Oct 04, 2014
semitunde:

I pass by oshodi on the way to the island everyday and, it's appalling, but I see several groups of specialized beggers on the streets all along the way.

Each group always has an injured or diseased person with the others carrying him/her and the pictures around in the traffic, singing mostly Igbo songs.

This may be uncomfortable but, I want to know, do igbos discuss this in monthly meetings? Are the perpetrators of this evil vices called up? Do they even care for the impact of this on the benevolence of givers of alms? What are igbo governors saying about this shameful act, especially in the wake of the deported Igbo invalids?

Exactly, if you want to know ibo beggers, they are always singing.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There Too Many Beggars In Oyo State? by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 3:27pm On Oct 04, 2014
semitunde:

Liar.
Like we don't all know oshodi .
Try again
Re: Why Are There Too Many Beggars In Oyo State? by blexxonmak(m): 6:06pm On Oct 04, 2014
Oyo simply means Oyogo.That is to say,beggar.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There Too Many Beggars In Oyo State? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Oct 04, 2014
django1:

Most of them are [b]OUR SLAVE MASTERS[/b]from Northern parts of Nigeria, including some foreigners from Niger, chad and guinea.

They are many in Ibadan because a lot of people especially Muslims give them alms its sort of p
art of some people's religion.

FIXED

1 Like

Re: Why Are There Too Many Beggars In Oyo State? by dedons: 7:18am On Jun 07, 2017
Na wa o.
It's been a while o.

(1) (2) (Reply)

You Will Never See This Kind Of February In Your Calendar Again.(pic) / I Will Name My Cabinet On Oct 1st - Buhari / Fayose Spotted Taking Journalists Around His Infrastructural Achievements(pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.